Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    I agree and we feel we offer both. "Good" price or competitive price just may not be "lowest" price - we feel we offer best deals (deal being all things included, price, trade-in value, financing, service before and after sale, etc.) There are times we just can't be the "best" purchase price, especially when it gets down to below cost. Usually we are within a couple of hundred and people can accept that.

And I agree that there are not many car builders that can get MSRP for their vehicles. Getting top level people cost money, building nice facilities cost money, having loan cars and 24 hour service cost money - so the money has to come from somewhere - all departments must do their best (can't expect service department and part department to carry the sales department).

In the end - you get what you pay for! Nice discussion.... :)

BTW - we are down to 5 coupes, 20 sedans, and 6 convertible in 2009 - deals are running out. Should be able to get good deal on 2010 soon!
  • Options
    marcofan78marcofan78 Member Posts: 7
    Replying to
    "They do it cause they can" by rhard49- I totally agree with this and that's what i thought.

Replying to
    "hopefully one day the Manhassets of the World will not exist as they do today. But that will be up to you - the consumer. " by sewellgsm - Absolutely, it's all on us!

A salesperson there told me in super confident intonation (close to arrogant) they are the #2 in the nation and blah blah..... of course I deeply doubted it but after sewellgsm's verification that they are #3, i know why they can still thrive in the market. I believe they take good care of the people who don't shop around and the people from Nassau and suffolk (high income). Just put a little attention to the stragglers because they don't have to and don't like to.

Thanks for all feedbacks and useful information here.
    Enjoy your car or good luck to your upcoming purchase!
  • Options
    qpmicroqpmicro Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to clarify pricing based on what I have researched here. On a 2010 Sedan, I should be pushing the dealer to match the following:

MSRP: $43,115
    Invoice $39,103
    Minus loyalty rebate of $1,000 (we currently lease an EX35)

Target price $38,103 plus TTL.

Is this correct, or should I also push for the $1,500 marketing support incentive or will the dealer apply this to the MSRP discount to get the price down to the base invoice?

Thanks!
  • Options
    millwood0millwood0 Member Posts: 451
    "Just put a little attention to the stragglers because they don't have to and don't like to. "

that would be a perfectly rationale strategy from their point of view: price shoppers are never your good customers.

by getting rid of them, they can concentrate on serving their better customers who aren't price sensitive.

cannot blame them for that.

that's the high cost of low prices that a price shopper pays.
  • Options
    mikejc22mikejc22 Member Posts: 2
    The clock is ticking on the 2009 leftovers. I have narrowed my choices from many to the G37X, premium, Nav. The MSRP is 41,230. Does anyone think I would be foolish to offer $33,000. I live in New Hampshire so no sales tax here, lucky me.

I appreciate any input before I make an offer.
  • Options
    awd250awd250 Member Posts: 63
    can you post where you got your deal? or email me some more details?
  • Options
    The Loyalty Rebate is only good if you lease. And if you lease there is no $1500 dealer cash.

If you offer invoice - they (some dealer) will take it. :)
  • Options
    Personnally I think that offer is foolish - $8230 off of a G sedan is too much. Now, you can offer it and I bet they will counter with their best deal - so it is a decent way to cut to the best deal. Expect to pay about $35,000.
  • Options
    rysakrysak Member Posts: 7
    Actually, I purchased mine 2009 G37x sedan with premium package & about $1,000 MSRP worth of accessories for $32,800 in Colorado on Dec 31st, 2009 (last day to qualify for the sales tax credit :) MSRP on the car was $39,710 + the accessories.
  • Options
    onurb11onurb11 Member Posts: 2
    Herb Chambers' Internet price in late December was $33,489 for 2009 G37X, premium, Nav., trunk mat, floor mats, cargo net.
  • Options
    rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Does anyone have experience with this car's gas milegage? I had an M35 with the same engine and got 17 around town and 23 on the highway. What can I expect from the 2009 or 2010 Infiniti G37X sedan? Since it is a smaller car I assume it should get better gas mileage.

Thanks
  • Options
    britishmuttbritishmutt Member Posts: 10
    Hello all,

Long-time lurker, first time poster. After a few months of test driving all manner of cars (including the Audi A4 & S4, BMW 335d & 335i, Mercedes C350) and trolling a bunch of forums I finally settled on a 2010 G37x. Fast, comfortable, all the gadgets I want (yeah, I'm one of those), reliable, and a bargain compared to its competitors. Getting a 2010 loaded like this is tricky because there aren't any anywhere in the country, and only one is in the pipeline for delivery in April. So I decided to order one through Cartelligent. I'd already been to visit a couple of the local dealers in the SF Bay Area and didn't particularly like the vibe I was getting from any of them (one even had the temerity to tell me that custom ordering from Infiniti was "impossible"), so I figured I'd let someone else do the legwork.

Anyway, here's the spec I've ordered with the MSRPs:

Base MSRP* $36,050.00
    Blue Slate
    Graphite Leather / Maple Accents
    Packages and Options
    Technology Package $1,150.00
    Premium Package $2,150.00
    Sport Package (AWD) $1,100.00
    Navigation Package $1,850.00
    Accessories**
    Interior Accents Package $550.00
    Splash Guards (Sport) $170.00
    Carpeted Trunk Mat $105.00
    Trunk Net $60.00
    Illuminated Kick Plates $350.00
    Vehicle Alarm Impact Sensor $130.00

Configured MSRP* $43,665.00
    Destination and Handling $865.00
    Total MSRP* $44,530.00

I've been told that I can expect to get something in the region of $3k off that, but the exact price won't be determined until the car ships as Infiniti updates their price list monthly. Ship date should be about 90 days from here on out. I'll keep you posted :)

Thanks to tall of you for being such great unwitting enablers :P

S~
  • Options
    phil2010phil2010 Member Posts: 2
    I am considering a BMW 3 series or the 37x. I was at a dealer in IL and was quoted $34,230 (MSRP $39,200) on 2009 AWD w/premium. Is this a good deal? Is the Infinity vs BWM the way to go?

Thanks.
  • Options
    jamesmngjamesmng Member Posts: 2
    I bought the exact same G37x with premium about a month ago. MSRP was $39,230. Bought this car for $32,000. Look at other posters on this board with similar results. If your dealer has ten 2009's left over then you are paying too much.

The G37 would be the best deal if you can swing that price. E-mail the sales manager direct and bypass the salesman.
  • Options
    clouser1clouser1 Member Posts: 10
    I'm currently negotiating with several dealerships via e-mail for a 2009 g37x sedan /w Premium package. Best I have right now is $32,000 + tax + tags. Is anyone getting lower than this, or am I basically at the floor here? I know the longer I wait the more deperate they will be to get rid of their 09 stock, but at the same time I'm worried that they will start to run low or some of the incentives may end if I wait.
  • Options
    ross57ross57 Member Posts: 6
    I paid $32,800 plus t&t for same car (g37x, premium) three weeks ago. You're getting a very good deal. I haven't seen anything lower posted here or elsewhere. Pull the trigger, I think.
  • Options
    pulsearpulsear Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

This is my first time leasing so I'm very green and don't know whether I'm getting ripped off or not... The deal I'm getting is for a 2009 G37x w/ MSRP of $41,230. The monthly payments of $500 and total out of pocket is first payment plus plates. I have not gone to many dealerships because I'm truly strapped for time and have no clue whether those advertised specials on dealer websites are true... I anyone can please shine some light on what i can be getting or should be getting as monthly payments I will be beyond grateful! Thanks!!!
  • Options
    mdes1mdes1 Member Posts: 11
    I just negotiated $32,000 +TTL for a 2009 G37x sedan with premium and a few other options (MSRP $39,125). You might be able to get it lower if you have multiple dealers in town willing to compete for your business, but I think $32K is close to the bottom right now.
  • Options
    r8stepr8step Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

Can you please share the name of the dealers who have the price quote of #32000 + tax + tags. Thanks in advance. Pete
  • Options
    Hello,

Can you please share the name of the dealers who have the price quote of $32000 + tax + tags. Thanks in advance. Pete
  • Options
    Can you please share the name of the dealers who have the price quote of $32000 + tax + tags. Thanks in advance. Pete
  • Options
    First rule of leasing -- never make the deal based off the monthly payments. Always negotiate the "price" of the car, called the 'capital cost' as though you were going to purchase. I don't think the cash incentives are quite as strong on the lease as the purchase right now, but if that is for a g37x sedan /w premium and nav (guessing by your MSRP), I would think a good "price" would be around 33.5 - 34k (I'm aorund 32k right now with no nav). Then there is the residual, which is the depretiation rate. The more they claim the car will lose value over time, the more you will pay up front. I think the g's are going at .55 right now. Any number above that is good for you, any number below that I would be concerned. Then there is the interest rate, called the 'money factor'. This is a good place for them to stick it to you and sneak more cost in. For example, they may advertise a 1.9% rate for purchases, but then set the 'money factor' to 6% for leases and people won't notice because all they tend to see is the $ per month.
  • Options
    I'm still negotiating and don't have anything signed. As soon as I have my deal I'll be happy to share where I decided to purchase from.
  • Options
    If you tell us how many months and how many miles per year - I can give you some advice. What state do you live in as well.
  • Options
    I will respectfully disagree with you. In my opinion - the only thing that matters when leasing a vehicle is the monthly payment! Yes, the way we get to a monthly payment is price, term, money factors, up front money, and miles per year - all of these are equally important. There is no interest, because you are not buying anything, there is no purchase price officially because you are not buying it.

If you were going to lease an apartments - you find a great apartment for a great monthly payment - do you ask how much the apartment cost to build or buy, is there interest - no. So, really the only thing that matters is to get the best payment you can with as little money out of pocket as possible - the dealer can figure out how to get there. If you focus on price, we will make it up somewhere else - so don't look at one piece - look at the whole puzzle.

I'm sure others will disagree, but in the end if you can lease a $40k Infiniti for $500 a month - great - unless you can lease something better for the same or less...right? ;)
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I will respectfully disagree with you. In my opinion - the only thing that matters when leasing a vehicle is the monthly payment! Yes, the way we get to a monthly payment is price, term, money factors, up front money, and miles per year - all of these are equally important. There is no interest, because you are not buying anything, there is no purchase price officially because you are not buying it.

I agree w/ you 100%. I think people try to make thing more diff. than what it's. If you can get a car with $x MSRP, for so many miles per year, 0 down, and $y monthly payment (that you think it's good). Why do you need to care about selling price?

I never care about my trade-in price or the new car price, all I care is the OTD price. When I trade in a car about 3 months ago, the dealer put down my trade-in price even higher than when I got the car and the price of the new car is very close to MSRP.
  • Options
    " the only thing that matters when leasing a vehicle is the monthly payment!"

really? let's say that you can lease the same vehicle under two monthly payment plans:

a) you pay the dealer $500/month;
    b) the dealer pays you $500/month; yes, you get paid to drive the car.

which would you chose and why?

think hard before you answer.
  • Options
    I will play along and go with "B". Which makes no sense at all...so continue..
  • Options
    by agreeing to be, you have signed for a lease whereby at end of the lease, you have obligated yourself to make a lump sum payment of $100K to the dealer.

does B) still sound like a good choice?
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    sewell...while on a lease, the monthly payment is the "key" factor for most buyers, that monthly payment is affected by the negotiated final price of the car.

However, I do agree that mileage restrictions, money factors (just a different term for interest rates), and up front money (CAP cost reduction), residuals (the amount the car is predicted to be worth at lease end) all figure into it as well.

A car that is leased at the MSRP will have a higher monthly payment than one which has a lower negotiated price, just like you negotiate a price for the purchase of a car.

You can play semantics with what a money factor is, but in reality, it's an interest rate on the amount of money borrowed on the lease itself.

I'm not a big fan of leasing. Yes, you do get a lower payment and normally shorter terms. But, once you add in the fees (acquisition fee, disposal fee, lease origination fees ,etc), that negotiated price doesn't look so good after you add everything else in.

But, for some, especially business owners, a lease makes sense. Some leasing companies are very restrictive in defining what normal wear an tear is included in the lease, too. A ding here, a scratch there, some miles accumulated over the mileage limits, and all of a sudden the lessee has a surprising large bill due at lease turn in.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    millwood - At the end of a lease, you turn the vehicle back in...the owner of the vehicle (the bank) will inspect it for damage and any mileage violations...some times there is a "turn-in" fee or disposition fee (this helps the bank cover the cost of sending out an inspector and then hauling the vehicle to the auction).

Another plus to the lease - is IF you love the vehicle, the bank will let you buy it for the residual amount - the vehicle is rarely worth that much, so most people turn them in and let the bank lose money on it.

Most vehicles (99%) devalue with time, so why own it? They are bad investments - they serve a purpose and they can be fun. But it you can use it and not have to own it - it is worth considering. Now - if you like to keep you vehicle a long time (longer than your loan) then sure buy it, especially when guys like Infiniti will give more discounts (ever wonder why they give more money if you buy it...maybe they want you to). To each their own.

PS I bought my QX (the leases on them stunk) ;)

Millwood - your example was silly (once a customer buys or leases the vehicle it is out of our hands - the lease is set up with a bank, not the dealer), come up with some better counter points...
  • Options
    I'm embarrased to report I just discounted a new AWD G37 sedan $4000 off MSRP ($2500 dealer discount + $1500 dealer cash). I feel terrible "cheap" selling such a beautiful vehicle (it devalues it in my mind).

But, you guys know if I did it - anyone will do it! ;)

Good luck this weekend....
  • Options
    "millwood - At the end of a lease, you turn the vehicle back in...the owner of the vehicle (the bank) will inspect it for damage and any mileage violations...some times there is a "turn-in" fee or disposition fee (this helps the bank cover the cost of sending out an inspector and then hauling the vehicle to the auction)."

that's simply the beautify of a lease, from the lessor. there are so many ways to structure a lease where I can literally make your monthly payment any number you want, yet, hammer the lessee hard.

That is why you cannot negotiate a lease by focusing on the monthly payments - it is the best way to screw yourself.

Dealers inevitably love lease because most people don't know how to negotiate a lease and they focus, foolishly, on the most obvious element of a lease: monthly payments. Unlike selling a car, or even financing a purchase, leases allow so many different ways a dealer can screw a customer.

that's why dealers want the customers to just focus on the monthly payments. and that's why you, as a customer, shouldn't do.

Of course, if you are a dealer, that's another story, :)
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    sewellGSM, thanks for the tip. That's about $500 below invoice, right?

You may feel "cheap" selling at this price, IMO however, it is a fair pricing at this time of year. Infiniti really screwed up on the production of the 2010 G's. By coming out so late, you guys (dealers) never had a chance to sell it at or near MSRP, well, maybe for a couple weeks. Even it just hit the showroom less than one month ago, it is after all almost half-year old in term of model year -- and should be depreciated as such. (Same goes to those 2009 "bargains". By next year, the 2009's bought in January 2010 will have no difference from those 2009's bought in September 2008.)

For those buyers in less-competitive region, just hold out and the price will come down, soon.
  • Options
    We can't make a lease "any number you want" unless the person getting the car is willing to put any amount down at signing.

We are saying the same thing - I am saying pick a car you want, set the miles up you need, tell them the length of time you would like to go - then work them (us) on payment - get it as low as you can. You are right, there are many items that can drive that payment, but who cares which one is what as long as the payment gets down to what you want (AND the miles and length and money down are in line).

Bottom line: if you are shopping mulitple dealers on the same car (same year, same MSRP) and all are quoting a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year with $1000 due at signing. Then the only thing that matters is who has the lower payment! End of story. One may have a lower cap cost, one may have lower doc fees, one may have a better money factor - who cares - the one with the lowest payment has the best of all of them combined - that is why their payment is the best!

Does it hurt to be educated going in - of course not, but sometimes people make it too difficult.

Now if you don't compare a couple of offers and walk into a dealer and say "I will put nothing down and want $500/month" - sure the dealer is going to hook you up in a 72 month lease with 10,000 miles per year and say "there you go have a nice life" and you will have gotten "screwed". I doubt that happens to anyone on this forum! :)
  • Options
    Very good point - they did come out late. I wish all new models came out in January - seems silly to buy a 2010 model in March of 2009!
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    seems silly to buy a 2010 model in March of 2009!

Well, you'd better get used to that idea; the 2011 M's are coming into your showroom in March. ;)

From consumers' perspective, it is good because it is like getting almost one year free of depreciation, which may justify MSRP for a while.
  • Options
    "We can't make a lease "any number you want" unless the person getting the car is willing to put any amount down at signing. "

anyone with reasonably good understanding on a lease can make the monthly payment any number you want, with no down payment or even get paid at signing of the lease, and yet rip you off dearly.

all you need to do is to have some understanding of a lease.

Otherwise, give me your desired numbers for monthly payments and down payments, promise me that you would sign the lease if I hit both numbers for you, and I can send you a lease for you to sign.
  • Options
    millwood - I think you are thinking of "open ended leasing". I am talking about "closed end" lease, where the bank takes the vehicle back at the end of the lease.

I feel your giving bad advice. I set up around 50 Infiniti leases a month and people can not have whatever payment they want. The bank sets the parameters and the customer has to fall within them...
  • Options
    "millwood - I think you are thinking of "open ended leasing". I am talking about "closed end" lease, where the bank takes the vehicle back at the end of the lease. "

you thought wrong.

"I feel your giving bad advice."

you felt wrong.

"I set up around 50 Infiniti leases a month and people can not have whatever payment they want. The bank sets the parameters and the customer has to fall within them..."

you are a dealer. that explains it.

:)
  • Options
    Millwood

I will take a G convertible, loaded with all the options: I want to put down $0 and I am willing to pay $1 per month - no I'll go as high as $2. Want a guaranteed option to turn the vehicle back in or buy it at end of lease. Only need 10,000 miles a year since I have a demo, and I will lease it for as long as you can set it up at that payment. Thanks for the hook up Millwood - when can you deliver the car?
  • Options
    Millwood

I will take a G convertible, loaded with all the options: I want to put down $0 and I am willing to pay $1 per month - no I'll go as high as $2. Want a guaranteed option to turn the vehicle back in or buy it at end of lease. Only need 10,000 miles a year since I have a demo, and I will lease it for as long as you can set it up at that payment. Thanks for the hook up Millwood - when can you deliver the car?

Ouch :cry:
  • Options
    xshenxshen Member Posts: 6
    I went to a delaer today and got the following price for a 2010 G37 AWD: MSRP $41280, invoice $38031, dealer price $37531 (after $1000 cash rebate). Is this a good deal? In some other posts, people mentioned dealer cash back is $1500 but I was told by the dealer it is $1000. Which one is right?

BTW, this is a NJ dealer.
  • Options
    If a dealership advertises "$300 a month lease", and thats all you negotiate on, you may lose sight of a larger downpayment getting you to that number, meaning your total outof pocket has gone up. The dealer may add made up "processing fees", which will make your monthy payment go up. They may make it a 39 month lease instead of 36, meaning you are paying a higher monthly payment even after the car has depreciated more, and are just spreading it out longer. I've seen dealerships lower the yearly allowed miles from 12k to as low as 8k on lower payments, and some increase the overage fees as well. Point being, the monthly fee alone is not the full picture. Perhaps a better statement would have been to say the total amount of money you will need to pay out of pocket over the life of the lease, as opposed to the purchase price.
  • Options
    The 2010 G sedan has $1500 dealer cash - now that money goes to the dealer and they can use it however they want. So, they may be keeping $500 and giving you $1000 or they may just being dishonest with you.
  • Options
    So I have two good offers on the table, but I am not sure what to do. Both are for a 2009 g37x sedan /w premium package. One is a black/black for $31,880, and the other is a black/stone for $32,000 even. The problem is I am in PA, and these are both out of state -- The black / black is in MD, the black / stone is in NJ. I suspect buying in NJ is no problem, but I am worried about MD. For example, they say they need to title and register the car in MD, which is $250! Then I need to transfer it to PA when I get home. Purchasing in PA (or in NJ as most NJ dealerships can register in PA) would be $36. Anyone have any experience with this?

P.S., Out of state cars = drill holes in bumpers for front license plates! Are bumper plugs a decent answer?
  • Options
    It is against the law to advertise a payment without a disclosure of all the other factors (it may be real small print) or the radio guy may talk real fast....

In my post - I very cleary state - you have to set the term (months) and miles per year and amount due at signing - after that it doesn't matter - go with the lowest payment or dealer you like best, etc. Everything you mentioned factor into the payment.

I think we are all saying the same thing basically....
  • Options
    by agreeing to be, you have signed for a lease whereby at end of the lease, you have obligated yourself to make a lump sum payment of $100K to the dealer.

does B) still sound like a good choice?

Yeah, a similar thing happened to me a couple months back. I traded in my fully paid '08 G for a new '09 G in Oct. I told the dealer that I want to pay $x OTD. The dealer said "no problem". I got the car and was happy with the deal.

About a month later, I saw a guy tried to tow my car. I asked him "why does he tow my car?". He showed me the sale agreement from the dealer that I can only keep my car for one month OR I have to pay them $100k if I want to keep the car. I think we might be dealing with the same dealer. :confuse:
  • Options
    I would ask the "drive out" price. This is after all fees. Then you can decide.

Plugs are not bad, but no plugs is better :)

Got to go for the day - talk to you guys next week.
  • Options
    "Millwood

I will take a G convertible, loaded with all the options: I want to put down $0 and I am willing to pay $1 per month - no I'll go as high as $2. Want a guaranteed option to turn the vehicle back in or buy it at end of lease. Only need 10,000 miles a year since I have a demo, and I will lease it for as long as you can set it up at that payment. Thanks for the hook up Millwood - when can you deliver the car?"

you can set it up at your dealership asap.

As a special accommodation to you, I will satisfy all of your conditions above, and I will give you a gold-plated vault stuffed with $1 million cash in the trunk. and you can keep the car for as long as you want, and better yet, I will throw in free life-time exchange of G convertibles of equal or better value.

how's that for a deal?

the only condition is that I will put a lien on all of your assets, and since your credit score isn't too great, you will have to get Bill Gates to co-sign for you if your assets aren't enough to cover a $1 billion lien.

the point?

Not only I will deliver your desired monthly payments (the only condition you started this conversation with), I will deliver your desired down payments (the 2nd condition you started this conversation with).

on top of that, I will deliver any and all conditions you may wish to place on the lease.

and I can still structure a lease that will meet all of your ask, and royally screw you at the same time.