Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305
    fintail said:

If I don't work from home, a week of commuting might use ~4 gallons, which isn't too bad I suppose.

EV demand is going to be off the charts with all this, at least from those who can afford a new EV in the face of other soaring COL factors.

Michaell said:

fintail said:

That's a key, wagon hits about 30 mpg on the highway, 20+ gallons gives a decent cruising range .

The Outback is rated for 27-28 on the highway, but most of our driving is city. We’ll get maybe 350 miles to a tank.
    We are on the list for an ID.4; expected delivery when we placed the order was 8-12 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Two round-trips to Lexington, this week. 180 miles R/T, and 172 miles is Interstate. Averaged about 36-38 mpg... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    I read in passing that Solterra demand will be off the charts. Definitely will be true in this part of the world.

Filled up at Costco, I think PUG was $4.72 or something close.
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

If I don't work from home, a week of commuting might use ~4 gallons, which isn't too bad I suppose.

EV demand is going to be off the charts with all this, at least from those who can afford a new EV in the face of other soaring COL factors.

Michaell said:

fintail said:

That's a key, wagon hits about 30 mpg on the highway, 20+ gallons gives a decent cruising range .

The Outback is rated for 27-28 on the highway, but most of our driving is city. We’ll get maybe 350 miles to a tank.
    We are on the list for an ID.4; expected delivery when we placed the order was 8-12 months.
  • Options
    fintail said:

I read in passing that Solterra demand will be off the charts. Definitely will be true in this part of the world.

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

I looked at the Solterra, but the entire US allocation of 6500 units has already been sold.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    I am amazed at that number, they could probably sell that many in Spokane County alone.
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

I looked at the Solterra, but the entire US allocation of 6500 units has already been sold.
  • Options
    fintail said:

I am amazed at that number, they could probably sell that many in Spokane County alone.

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Apparently Subaru is looking to build their own dedicated EV factory. May be a few years before it’s on line.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    One would think in the meantime they could devote some capacity in place of a slower selling line (is the Ascent selling favorably? hard for me to tell as they all sell here)
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Apparently Subaru is looking to build their own dedicated EV factory. May be a few years before it’s on line.
  • Options
    fintail said:

One would think in the meantime they could devote some capacity in place of a slower selling line (is the Ascent selling favorably? hard for me to tell as they all sell here)

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Michaell said:

fintail said:

Colorado isn't a good place to check on Subaru sales, either, LOL.

But, they seem to be pretty popular nationally.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Bad news is I paid $4.4559 for RUG today.
    Good news is that my last fill up was 4-19 and I averaged about 25 mpg(353 miles) in my Explorer.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    4.99 for Costco PUG this morning.
  • Options
    On I-75 Exit 171 in KY
    Shell

RUG: $4.34
    PUG: $5.14

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

On I-75 Exit 171 in KY
    Shell

RUG: $4.79
    PUG: $5.66

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    As of earlier today, $4.30 RUG, $4.80 PUG, $5.30 diesel

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    edited June 2022
    From an LA Times article at a station close to downtown LA.

(at least the spread between RUG and PUG is pretty small, compared to what gets reported in this discussion)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I put a little PUG in the tank a few days ago, I think was something like $5.40, at a local Chevron. Heaven knows it is 20 cents more now. At least someone is swimming in money.
  • Options
    5.63 for Chevron PUG today
  • Options
    I don’t remember when gas was the same price between NC (Charlotte) and SC (Fort Mill), SC has lower gas taxes. $4.60 RUG in both locations. $5.60 Diesel.

• Options
    Paid $4.959 for RUG(includes 6 cents for using credit) yesterday.
  • Options
    Shell
    Defiance, OH
    $4.69 PUG

$91 for 16 gallon fill up. :/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Shell
    Defiance, OH
    $4.69 PUG

$91 for 16 gallon fill up. :/

Yesterday, $5.10/gal for mid grade at Kroger .... subtract .30/gal for the reward discount, still cost me $81 for a tank on the Outback.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Typo on my part: $5.69 PUG.
    🤦‍♂️

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    $5.50 for Costco PUG today
  • Options
    2.19 for a litre of RUG in Waterford, IE.

That's about $8.35/gallon

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    $4.38 RUG, $4.68 MUG, $4.98 PUG 7/4/22

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Do you have a rental?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Do you have a rental?
    Nope

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    While we were driving the rural roads to Spartanburg to meet my in-laws for a birthday lunch I saw RUG as low as $3.91. Spartanburg was similar to our local pricing around $4.30. Road construction, traffic on I-85 in the past few years has gotten to the point we prefer driving the more scenic and relaxed route of the state back roads.

• Options
    RUG $3.60, PUG $4.10

• Options
    Costco PUG $4.69
  • Options
    On Wednesday
    Shell
    I-75 in KY

Reg: $3.54
    Plus: $4.02
    Prem: $4.79

This station is super convenient to the freeway, and always has low RUG prices, but their spreads are ridiculous.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    RUG
    $5.19 (Oahu)
    $5.69 (Kauai)
    $5.69 (Maui)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    R$3.29, M3.59, P3.89. Octane 87/89/93

• Options
    $2.96 RUG, $3.46 PUG, $4.79 diesel

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    edited December 2022

RUG $2.69 in Atlanta…Texas.

• Options
    I paid $3.25 for mid grade earlier this week in the Denver suburbs. I think RUG was around $2.86/gal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    While out driving yesterday, I saw RUG as low as $2.769. West of Cleveland OH area.
  • Options

While out driving yesterday, I saw RUG as low as $2.769. West of Cleveland OH area.

$3.39 is the best I've seen in the Greater Cincinnati area. :/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    $3.95 for Costco PUG today, can't recall when I last paid under $4.
  • Options
    Filled up with RUG at BP yesterday, $2.899. Mid(89) $3.399, PUG(93) $3.899.
  • Options
    Paid only $2.709 for RUG in Ellicottville, NY yesterday.
  • Options
    Shell in Cincinnati

RUG: $3.17
    PUG: $4.17
    :s

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited February 2023
    $1 difference between RUG and PUG, wow. Typically 50-60 cents difference here. RUG $2.97, PUG $3.47 at the local QT.

• Options
    sda said:

$1 difference between RUG and PUG, wow. Typically 50-60 cents difference here. RUG $2.97, PUG $3.47 at the local QT.

We never see under $0.70 spread, any more. Particularly galling, as prices have dropped.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Just filled up the Outback - $4.30/gal for mid-grade (87 here at altitude).

$0.80 spread between RUG and PUG at the Kroger station I use.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Fort Wayne

$3.35 RUG
    $3.95 PUG

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    We've had high gas prices here in Colorado recently. The only refinery in the state - responsible for 40% of gasoline production - went down for maintenance. Prices went up about $1/gal.

I think it's supposed to come back on-line soon, so I'm hoping prices will come back down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Cincinnati RUG seems to be in the 3.40-3.50 range, with a full $1 spread for PUG. I am not used to that.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708

$3.10 RUG now, $0.60 more for PUG, up $0.10

• Options
    fintail said:

Cincinnati RUG seems to be in the 3.40-3.50 range, with a full $1 spread for PUG. I am not used to that.

Yeah, the $1 spread is typical, here. ☹️

Prices have gone up $0.30 in the last couple weeks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

fintail said:

Yeah, the $1 spread is typical, here. ☹️

Prices have gone up $0.30 in the last couple weeks.
    Spread in WA is seldom more than 30 cents or so. RUG here is cheaper than WA - less taxes, but the gap closes fast for PUG.

I am sure some kind of supply and demand is at play, legitimate market forces, capitalism and bootstraps, etc.