Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    That's a damn good price for a 2005, with all that equipment!
  • bostonbuddybostonbuddy Member Posts: 11
    I ended up paying 23,208.00 out the door with taxes, inspection, delivery charge and document fees included. I had originally expected to get a 2004 but the dealer gave me such a great deal I got a 2005. What a great car.
  • stevefstevef Member Posts: 5
    Picked up my 05 CR-V LX 2WD from Honda Windward about three hours ago. Got the Costco price, which below MSRP (a major accomplishment in Hawaii).
    Too early to give an comprehensive report, but so far so good. I'm not too excited about the Dunlop tires, though.
  • coleboycoleboy Member Posts: 13
    I am interested to hear what dealers are quoting for this vehicle. I have one price so far of $22,483. No additional options/accessories. Is this a good price?
  • xiabellexiabelle Member Posts: 14
    I'm not sure what they're doing in your area, but down in Houston, my quote for my EX with no options was 1001 off MSRP, so really about the same thing. Is that price with or without the delivery?

Sounds like a fair price to me, at least.
  • cgphil1cgphil1 Member Posts: 29
    Coleboy, since you live in the Boston area I would suggest that you try the Massbuy.com program. You can log on to their site as a guest and call them at the number listed. I have bought all my cars through them. The most recent was my 03 CRV EX in December 02. At that time dealers were asking for MSRP. I paid $800.00 over invoice. Don't know what they are asking now. If your employer or your bank or other institution does not participate in the program it will cost you $14.95 to join the family plan. They will let you know if you are already a member based on your affiliation. Give it a try. Good luck.
  • ny72ny72 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

We just got a price quote for 2005 CR-V EX Automatic for $21500 + $510 (destination fee)+ tax + registration. Is it a good deal?

Please help!!!
  • matt4matt4 Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to let everyone know about my purchase of '04 CRV LX 2WD Automatic with no extras. Purchase price at invoice was $18,070 plus TTL. This put me out the door at $19,416.
    Thanks to this website & this forum for making me an educated consumer.
    Matt
    Austin, TX
  • xmsxms Member Posts: 2
    Today in MN I was quoted $21,150 for a new '04 CRV EX AWD A/T. 05's are on the lot and more coming. WIth that in mind, is this a good deal on a new 04, or should I expect a better deal on 04 model year discount?
  • bigredcpabigredcpa Member Posts: 2
    I'm going to pick up my '05 CRV LX FWD. Price including destination is $19,500 & out the door price of $21,388. I'm pretty pleased with my deal. If it makes a difference, I'm in New Orleans. Let me know what y'all think.
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    If you're happy with the car and happy with the deal, you're all set.
  • xmsxms Member Posts: 2
    Deal done for 04 CRV EX A/T at $21,000 plus tax, plates, & dealer doc fees of $74.
    Minneapolis suburb.
  • caranddrivercaranddriver Member Posts: 4
    My friend near Pittsburgh, PA is heading over tomorrow to a local dealer to sign and take the keys of his new black 2005 Honda CR-V SE with no additional accessories.

My friend started with getting in contact with the dealer via email and worked a deal via email and phone. Originally the dealer quoted 3.5% over invoice. Another couple dealers were higher. My friend knew about end of the month pushes and said he was ready to buy and that he'd come over the next day and deliver a check if they'd take $24,000 including destination fee without tax and licensing.

Quote and deal as follows:
    Dealer invoice quoted to my friend for a 2005 Honda CR-V SE was $23,136 + $515 destination fee. The total $23,651 total is consistent with the Kentucky price w/dest. fee listed earlier in the thread.

The final quote/deal is $23,485 + $515 dest. fee for a grand total before tax/licensing of $24,000. This works out to $349 or 1.51% over the $23,136 invoice.

He and I thought this was a very good deal especially since the 2005's just arrived and he just moved to Pittsburgh and doesn't own a AWD vehicle.

Hope this quote is a good point of reference for others looking at CR-V's to get the best deal possible. Happy shopping!
  • alfatalfat Member Posts: 1
    aloha stevef

what is exactly the price you paid for '05 crv? how about out-of-door price? i am still debating if i should get the 2005 or 2004 (Pflueger honda has the '04 for $18,388.) i am also planning to visit Tony honda to see if they offer any better price.

mahalo,
    al
  • inky4inky4 Member Posts: 238
    forget the 04. The 05 has a 5 speed automatic. Better economy and better performance.
    Plus VSA and many air bags.
    INKY
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ........ Thats one heck of a good price .. lets hope your friend actually pays that at delivery, most dealers have a waiting list on the new SE's for the next 2 months ........

Terry.
  • edzilla514edzilla514 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how much the sport package on the '05 CR-V EX costs? It consists of the fog lights, roof rack, and running boards. What's the invoice and MSRP? I plan on buying one soon.

Ed
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Is that a Canadian option package? Those are all dealer installed accessories in the U.S.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• caranddrivercaranddriver Member Posts: 4
    I am happy to report that he did get his black 2005 SE for the price that was negotiated before delivery (Post #1171). I didn't realize the waiting list was 2 months or more--I'm glad that he did very well.

He did buy an extended 7/75 warranty for $800 as well. I didn't know he was going to buy that. He worked the finance manager down on it. It will be a second around-the-town vehicle so it shouldn't get a lot of yearly mileage.

The dealer was absolutely professional and honored the previously established vehicle price without any haggling or switching. My friend said that this was one of the best car buying experiences that he's ever had.
    ........ He did good .. Very Good.! ...

He can't complain about that price - ever.!

Enjoy, they're nice vehicles ............... :)

Terry.
  • ultra2004ultra2004 Member Posts: 11
    I got my 2005 CR-V LX FWD with mud guards in the end of last month in Atlanta, GA. It was a drive out $20200. I was trying to make it at $20000, but I was extremely tired in that evening after a whole day's search and driving around the town. It included the destination fee, $399 documentation fee(yes, it is high in Atlanta), tax and title. I negociated with the drive-out price, since I wanted to stick to my budget strictly.

I was trying to get a 2004 CR-V LX FWD without any options, but other dealers wouldn't let me take it with $19500. I walked away, and went to other dealers. I found that the price of 2005 CR-V LX FWD was not far way from the 2004's, but with ABS, side airbags and keyless entry. Then I started to work on 2005's. Although it was a little over my budget, but I am happy with it. It is nicer and quiter.

With this price, I think it is a good idea to get a 2005 rather than a 2004. First of all, Honda won't drop their prices even in this clearance season, and 2005's price isn't far away from 2004's. Second, after 2 months, 2004's won't be considered to be new car anymore, which means it will depreciate quite a bit. I love this forum, and this website. It helped me a lot, and I hope my experience will help someone out there too.
  • stevefstevef Member Posts: 5
    al

OTD 21,339. Didn't take the 'extras' package that they say you must buy for $398.00. Honda Windward always installs edge guards around the doors and wheels, so I had said screw it and got the car. Hope you have better luck at Tony or Pflueger than I did; Tony's Internet sales played word games for several emails and never gave me a price quote, and I never heard anything from Pflueger.

I would recommend the 05 over the 04. I've driven both and the 05 rides better, is safer (VSA, side curtain airbags) and looks more masculine than previous years. I'm also averaging about 23 MPG so far, and I drive 'rather fast':>
  • honda78honda78 Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know when the Silver Moss color will be available. I have only found one in the LX model when I was visiting the N. Philly area.
    I'm in Northern VA and that color is no where to be found. My dealer said "they get what they get". Should my dealer actually know when this color is coming?
  • hnjjzhnjjz Member Posts: 12
    ultra2004,

Can you tell me what the price was before taxes and fees? How much did the mud guards add? Thanks!
    I'm looking for the silver moss metallic too. I've talked to 3 dealers here in Northern California, and all of them say they have never even seen the silver moss metallic.
  • ultra2004ultra2004 Member Posts: 11
    I think it was about $18500 including destination fee. The dealership put on the mud guard and pin stripe before I went to see the car. It was like a dealer package that I didn't ask for. I didn't really care what extra add-on they put in it, since I just wanted to stick to my budget. I believe it is around $60 (anyone is welcome to correct me if i am wrong).

I am pretty happy with the MPG, which is about 26 in a mix of high way and local.
  • xsecurexsecure Member Posts: 4
    Folks - Happy to let you guys know that I got my CR-V SE couple weeks ago at invoice price + TTL + 49$ document fee .. with 9 miles on it. I did the deal over internet and paid advance for the vehicle before picking it up same day evening. It was hassle free buy .. dealer wanted to sell the previously installed 20" chrome alloy wheels .. didn't opt of it as they were asking $1800 for same. Happy consumer to get 05 SE for invoice. OTD 26,200 with security alarm installed.

Thanks Edmunds and all of you !
  • ssmith2ssmith2 Member Posts: 3
    QUESTION: When honda states that the 05' EX and SE come "XM Ready," does this mean that all you have to do is subscribe to the $9.99 monthly service? Or is there more hardware that has to be purchased before you can actually receive XM satellite. If more hardware does have to be purchased does anyone know a cheaper way than to go through Honda?
    ..... OTD is a meaningless figure considering the tax difference in the other 47 States and their different counties ....

What did you pay for the vehicle.? -- thats the question ....

Terry.
  • ssmith2ssmith2 Member Posts: 3
    I've ordered an SE, would you have to answer to my XM satellite question? With the SE being "XM Ready" do you just have to subscribe to it to start listening or is there additional hardware that you have to purchase from honda before you are capable of using XM? Thanks
    Just got back from the dealer with my new 2005 CR-V LX FWD. The price was $18688 including destination, which was $300 under invoice. This was in the San Francisco Bay Area. Many thanks to this forum and all the posters!
  • automaticautomatic Member Posts: 41
    Would you share the name of your dealer in the SF Bay area for your 2WD LX? Thanks!!
    automatic,

The dealer was AutoWest Honda in Fremont. $300 below invoice for the CR-V seems like a pretty standard bottom line for dealers in the Bay area. I know that another person bought a 2005 EX for $300 below invoice at the same dealership and a friend of mine bought a 2004 CR-V EX at Anderson Honda in Palo Alto for $300 below invoice about a year ago. Good luck!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    ssmith2, that's a good question to ask in our XM & Sirius Satellite Radio discussion - I'd like to know the answer too!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• xsecurexsecure Member Posts: 4
    Terry - If you read again .. I mentioned I paid Invoice price.
  • xiabellexiabelle Member Posts: 14
    I have a Silver Moss Metallic on order.

According to my dealer, it shipped on Oct 23, but they don't have an arrival date yet. We got a price of 1000 under MSRP, which we figured was a good deal.

Since mine's shipping from Japan to Houston, I'm assuming it's coming through the Panama Canal, and will probably be 2-3 weeks transit. I could be way wrong, but it sounds reasonable.

I believe they've just started shipping, since mine's going to be the first in Texas. (Which evidently also means my car is going to be the little showpiece at the dealer when it arrives, given how excited the sales manager says they all are.)
    xiabelle,

Did you get the LX or EX?
  • jessegjesseg Member Posts: 9
    I'm having a hard time locating a 2005 CR-V with a manual transmission. I live in the San Franscisco Bay area. Is this typical early in the model year?
  • sdesde Member Posts: 42
    Anyone,

We're looking for an '05 CR-V SE in the New York City area. I'm getting "haggle-free" e-mailed and phone quotes which are about $500 over invoice. If I'm reading the notes above correctly, that is *way* over what I should be paying. Something closer to (if not below) invoice seems more reasonable. Am I correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks so much!

SDE
    Take everything you read with a grain of salt.. Most buyers have trade-ins, etc... Some people don't know the difference between MSRP and invoice... There are hundreds of small details that might make the difference..

I would be surprised if you could get an '05 CR-V SE for invoice... I could be wrong, but invoice + $500 sounds like a pretty good deal... The car is in demand and the supply is not all that high right now.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    Given the terrain in the bay area, I'm not surprised that it's hard to find a 5MT.

Go used car shopping. Find any 2002 or higher CR-V with a stick and take it for a drive. Since the MT and engine have not changed, it should give you an idea of what the car feels like. Then order an '05 model (if you like it).
    **Take everything you read with a grain of salt** .....

Yep, I agree with Kyfdx .... I think some of the prices might be a little "smoke an mirrors" .. most Honda dealers are backed up 2 months+ on the SE's and even those guys have buyers "just" wanting the Japanese built ones, so they're waiting much longer than that, plus they pay all the money for em' at the auctions .. so they're certainly not distressed merchandise - new or used ....

Think about it, why would a dealer lose money at invoice, I don't know a dealer from Miami to Minneapolis that has any problem moving them .. the biggest problem they are having, is getting them .. if nothing else, they could use them for trade bait -- sorry, but there's some (cough cough) smoke and mirrors going on here .......... ;^} ... anyone see my fire extinguisher.?

Terry.
  • kcmomkcmom Member Posts: 3
    I need a little advice here. I have an offer from the dealer of 23,800 for a 2005 Honda CR-V SE with only mud guards added. They showed me the supposed invoice of 23,136 and then the cost of the mudguards (53). The above price includes the destination fee of $500, so they told me that they were only making about $100 on the car. I told the salesman that I wanted a day to think about it, and he seemed shocked. They really wanted ME to make an offer first, and I refused, mainly because I wasn't really sure of the invoice price.

The CR-V that I was interested in had been taken off the lot and had running boards and a roof visor added on. The guy said that they had another one coming in "a few days" that I could have that would not have the added stuff on.

Any information would be appreciated. I only buy a car every 6 or 7 years, so it had better last!
    Need advice...I'm planing on making a deposit on a CR-V EX this week because my dealer called and said they are expecting 2 Silver Moss to come in within the next week or so. I want them to hold one for me since this color is scare. My question is, do I wait to negotiate the price when the car comes or will they know the invoice price and expect me to agree to a price now?
  • squaukmansquaukman Member Posts: 1
    "Invoice" price is a JOKE! There are dealer rebates, "hold backs" (sometimes called kick backs), etc. Nobody stays in business selling vehicles for $100.00 or $200.00 over "invoice"! They've all got some sort of scam going, believe me!
    ....... You need to read a few topics and a few forums .. Edmunds does a fine job of giving information on current rebates and dealer incentives, they have a entire site on it - maybe take some time and read it.?

By the way ... there is no rebates on the current CR-V's and holdback is not a profit center - and thats not a secret or a scam .....

Terry.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    ...and for the record, a business making profit is not necessarily a "scam." It's really only a scam if you're not told about a rebate that's available to you, or there's a bait-and-switch operation happening (see: Dealer's Tricks - bait & switch, etc.).

We'd love to continue helping members find a good deal on Honda CR-Vs.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gigigigi Member Posts: 7
    We are also looking for and '05 CR-V SE in the Long Island, NY area. The best I can do so far is about $25,400 (not including Tax and DMV). This price would include the following options: All Season Floor Mats, Cargo Area Cover, Cargo Net, Cargo Tray, Front Splash Guards, Fog Lights, Wheel Locks, Chrome Exhaust Finisher.

I've already put a lot of time into this with several dealers by fax, e-mail and in person -- and was hoping to do much better.

Should I accept their offer or walk away (again), as it does not appear they will move.

Thank you.
    Invoice with destination included is $23,651... If they are selling you the car for $23,800 + tax, you should jump on it.. Everything they have told you is true.. except for maybe their actual profit.. which really isn't any of your business anyway.. All that should matter is how cheap can you buy it.

Which brings me to this point... Do your research on pricing before you go car shopping. Before you can get a good deal, you have to know what one is.

Just hope you can go back and get that same deal.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

You are adding about $800-$1000 in dealer accessories.. that makes it harder to evaluate your deal.. That said, it looks only fair...

The fog lights are the big number there, as they require installation, including cutting the bumper. I usually find they aren't worth the cost..

You can keep the deal a lot simpler by buying those accessories later.. Most of them require no installation, and you can buy them on-line.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator