Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• prash1prash1 Posts: 32
    I am considering buying CRV LX AWD. What is a good price to bargain in Philadelphia area ?
  • HI LAOCOON/RAMIDA.
    I apologize, indeed you are CORECT!
    For some reason I though your post was referring to a CRV 2005.
    Furthermore, considering that back in Nov, I got the same price on a 2005, your deal/price for the 2006 is even better.
    Congrats and enjoy your purchase!
    Dan
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,798
    Considering CRV EX Auto loaded, but no NAV or XM (I prefer Sirrius).

Didn't know Honda offered NAV in 2006 :-). Someone needs to do more research before making a desision to buy. :-)
  • Went to the trouble of registering so I could post a data point -- thanks to all others who do so.

Bought in Minneapolis, MN (Luther Brookdale)
    - 2006 LX AWD CR-V (red)
    - $20,100 (inc. dest, not tax/title)
    - Invoice is $19,954, MSRP is $21,595
    - They paid Kelly Blue Book for our trade
    - Buying experience good in general

We probably could have done a bit better if we'd paid attention in advance (paid $150 over invoice) -- but fell OK about it.
  • are you more affected by paying $ 150 over invoice, than paying $1200-1500 for taxes, title and plates on top of the selling price???
    C'mon guys....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    mroboto

Congratulations on the new car!! Check out our other Honda CR-V forums... You can learn a lot about your new car that way..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• I purchased my CRV EX in September from Criswell in Germantown, MD. They gave me the best price without beating me down and were very easy to do business with. Others have written that Jim Coleman in Columbia/Clarksville gave them a good deal. Good luck!
  • hi, looking for 06 crv ex with auto in the atlanta area. i've contacted a few dealers and their initial quotes are in the invoice plus $200-500 range after getting through b.s. options packages and $500 doc fees...anyway, does anyone here have recommendations on dealers close to emory?

likely i'll go back to all the dealers at invoice minus $200 and see if i can get anyone to bite...

thanks!
  • Yup, that sounds like your typical Canadian model CRV!!!
  • ningning Posts: 2
    Thought this might help you. I bought the 2006 LX Front Wheel Drive with wheel locks and mud guards (front and back, I'd like to sell the back ones to anyone interested. :P ; kidding) for $19,535 out of the door in December 2005. The dealer’s quote is $18,400 including the destination, he added another $75 for the above two options. This deal was locked in Northwest Honda in Owings Mills, Maryland. I had a very pleasant time with them.
    Based on my experience, internet quoting can only offer you contact information of the dealers in your vicinity. Room is very limited when negotiating through emails. Try to call as many dealers as you can find, you may find a nice quote from some dealers far from where you live and use it as a starting price to negotiate with those who are nearby. You can also check the famous website: http://www.carbuyingtips.com.
    Wish you good luck!
  • i've been negotiating with a group of dealers in the hotlanta area and in all cases they are adding a 'doc fee' between $400-600. whatever this is (i think local marketing?) it means that getting sub-invoice isn't happening and i'm curious if this fee is standard in the area or if there's a way through it. personally it seems to be a way of showing a good price and then just throwing in the 'doc fee' at the end when you are already just about done. not impressed with the dealers i've spoken to so far.
  • I'm looking to buy a CRV SE. Wondering what a fair price would be in the Boston area. Any information/experiences welcome.

thanks..
  • Well
    Both My borhter and I each bought a 2006 CR-V SE right on 12/31st of 2005, the final price is 26K per car including license,tax and title.
    Not sure if this would help.
    By the way, we bought them at Classic Honda in Austin,TX.
    Good luck.
  • cgphil1cgphil1 Posts: 29
    I bought my 06 CRV SE on 12/27/05 at Clair Honda on the VFW Parkway in Boston. I paid Invoice, $23,510 + 550 delivery = $24,060. Add $200 for title prep, documentation, etc. I used BJs auto discount program but you may be able to do much better. I did not have a trade-in. My '03 CRV EX was totaled recently so I was replacing it.

Good luck.
  • tcasboytcasboy Posts: 214
    The way to handle that, in my opinion, is to offer them a bottom line price inclusive of everything except, tag, title and license (which they can't control).

If I am going to offer 22K for the car, I offer them 22K, bottom line. I don't care if they call it 21.5 plus .5 in fees, or 1K price and 21K in fees, I will pay them 22K. If you can't come to terms with them on a bottom line price, just go somewhere else.

Good luck.

TB
  • i think the car's getting picked up this weekend, couldn't get below invoice.

i must say the group of dealers i was communicating with was almost universally scummy and almost impossible to deal with, either via email or by phone. i would stay away from the lot of them myself....what a bunch of jerks! i think the car's being purchased at carey paul who was about the only other reasonable dealer to speak to.

happy to list the bad boys if it's of interest here, otherwise i'll just say it should be a LOT easier than it is.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    Well, when you try to buy a high demand car for below invoice you might get a "jerky" reaction.

It sounds like YOU made it a difficult deal!

Do enjoy your new CRV!
  • I appreciate everyone's info that I used while researching my first new car purchase that I completed this morning, so here's mine:

2006 CR-V EX 4WD Automatic, Sahara Sand color
    Paid $600 *below* invoice, out-the-door price, no other fees or charges. Paid cash in full, although I didn't disclose this until I had a price in writing. No trade-in.

This was at Honda Cars of Bellevue, Nebraska. Good and bad parts of the experience.

GOOD: After he made his final offer, the salesman let me call another dealership that had given me another internet quote to see if they would give me a lower price..using the phone on his desk!! Other dealer told me that price was unbeatable and I should take it.

BAD: A bit shady when salesman kept trying to get me to sign sheets of looseleaf paper on which he had written the prices we were discussing, "to show his sales manager I'm serious." Also, he wanted me to sign off on the purchase contract before it was completely filled out. He wrote the agreed price on the left side that is just empty space, but the fields for total price of vehicle, etc, were still blank. Third, when we were in the finance offfice to sign the contract and write the check.... The finance person somehow mysteriously entered FULL MSRP price into the contract instead of my agreed price. Oh, whoops, how did that happen? Funny...when I read carbuyingtips.com, I thought that guy was paranoid. Not at all.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
  • Honda CRV LX 2WD Price

I offered the salesman 19800 for DRIVE OUT. Is this too low? I only deal with DRIVEOUT price. I've heard so many stories about the salesman tried to increase the final price by adjusting TTL.

Thanks in advance.
    Well, was that offer accepted?

If not, I guess it was too low.

And, yes, it was WAY too low.

We have no control over tax and license fees. We only collect those fees and send them to the state.

Pretty hard to "adjust" tax and license fees. They are what they are.

I have heard of the trick of adding destination charges at the last minute.
  • drive62drive62 Posts: 637
    Every article etc. related to car buying I've read says that you should not deal in OTD (or DRIVE OUT as you refer to it) pricing. But since you always deal with it, shouldn't you know if the price you offered was too low? Then again, what is too low? Without knowing what the tax rate is for your area I don't think anyone can answer your question.
  • I'm not sure if $19,800 is too low for drive out price. But if you look on edmunds for 2006 CRV LX 2WD, MSRP is $20,945 / INVOICE $19,397 / TMV for my area $20,339 (These are for Car and Destination only).

I got 2006 CRV LX 2WD in December with over $2,000 below the sticker price above (MSRP) ;) . I will share my buying experience soon. It is a good idea to deal before TTL, I did.

Let us know, how it goes. :shades:
    I'm not at work so I can't look up the numbers, but, assuming you are correct.

19,397 - Invoice?
    950 - Sales tax...assuming about 5.5 %
    150 - License more or less

Granted, 2WD CRV's aren't very popular but why in the world would you expect a dealer to lose money selling one?

These aren't distressed merchandise!
  • drive62drive62 Posts: 637
    Plenty of Honda dealers sell vehicles below invoice. Not every one of course. Maybe not even a small percent of total sales, but it happens (just read the boards here). As you know, they still make a profit.
    Don't believe everything you read on internet boards.

Anything is possible. A dealer could give one away if they wanted to.

They may have sold the car below invoice but underallowed on the trade in? Who knows?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,798
    Because sometimes Honda gives you guys a "dealer incentive" Some, more honest dealers pass it on to the consumers, the greedy ones are stuck with a lot full of new cars.

I bought mine for a $1000 under invoice, but I knew there was a $1500 dealer incentive from Honda in the last week of March of 2005. So, everything is possible. There may have been a regional incentive to get rid of the 2WD CR-V's where he lives.
    I sure don't remember any incentive money on CRV's Ever.

This has nothing to do with "greed". It's the dealer's money, not yours. If they feel they need to use part of it to make a sale they can do so. If they are not competitive with the local market, then you're right. They won't sell many cars.
  • If this is regards to my post #2879, I knew then that this gonna be a polemic, that's why I didn't post exactly how much I got. I don't want a polemic, so for you who don't believe it, so don't. And for you who can take my message as counter check or comparison to buy the V, I wish you all good luck. Before I got the deal, a friend told me that I may get only about $500 below MSRP (see edmunds for MSRP price) and he really surprised when I showed him the paper. I will spend sometime this weekend to share my buying experience for y'all. In short, I can say I don't get this deal for granted. It through a long process, I did my research about a year and a half from what car that fit with my lifestyle until how much I should get it. I'll tell you more detail soon.

Enjoy your weekend! :)
    Guess I'll have to look that one up.

I stand corrected. In December, there WAS a 500.00 incentive money on CRVS. I guess a dealer does what it takes to move a 2WD CRV on a slow day.

Glad it worked out!

A year and a half...? Whew!
  • gmoney2gmoney2 Posts: 31
    isellhondas,

It seems like you have a lot of experience selling Hondas. In your opinion, what is a reasonable mileage on a new car. It seems most cars will have less than 50 miles on them, but I've seen a few with 200 or more miles selling for "new". I've even heard stories about a car having 400-500 miles on it and being sold as new. These cars aren't the demos either (at least the dealer isn't claiming it to be). Is this common? What is the average range of miles on a new car? Would you not buy a new car that had over a couple hundred miles on it? What is the maximum miles on a new car that should be considered reasonable? Thanks.