Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• juliec2juliec2 Member Posts: 25
    HowieH: I think the best "deals" are the fully loaded 04 pacs that have the build dates of Pre-august. I think those were the ones that have been sitting on the lot for a while. Also some of the demo cars are being offered well below invoice. Most dealers that I spoke with in the Northeast were willing on going around $500 under invoice before rebates. I custom ordered mine to assure a recent build date and got everything I wanted but not the stuff I didn't care about for $500 under invoice and they locked in the rebates and 0%.
  • ipoddinipoddin Member Posts: 61
    Did they offer to go $500 under invoice or was that your offer? Did they give you a hard time or was it easy to get $500 under invoice?
    After shopping around I determined what I thought a good, yet fair deal would be and basically gave them the price I would pay. I actually started with $1,000 under invoice and we met at $500 under. Are you shopping in the Northeast?
    No, I'm shopping in Los Angeles. Did they give that schpeil "we can't possibly sell under invoice...etc, etc..." I'm thinking about starting under invoice and just wanted to see how far under people are starting and what dealers are saying.
  • yym7myym7m Member Posts: 5
    Any one knows where I could find a good deal for Pacifica AWD and fully loaded.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Try using the dealer locator off of the Chrysler Pacifica page on Edmunds.com. Emailing the dealers to see what they have in inventory has helped many Town Hall members.

Good luck!
  • wood3585wood3585 Member Posts: 7
    I've been offered $35,327 for a Pacifica with all of the following options listed below - is this a good price? By the way, this quote is for the price "before" the $3,000 rebate Chrysler is now offering is added and "before" taxes are added. I checked Edmunds and for a car with these options the invoice is at $37,327. Could this be right? PLEASE help - I need to make a decision soon as to whether to bargain further or buy it. This is their first offer to me but it sounds so good that I'm wondering whether this is right: Here are the options:

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD
    -26R package
    -Bright Silver exterior
    -Dark slate gray leather interior
    -UConnect hands-free communication
    -power moonroof
    -full size spare tire
    -power liftgate
    -rear seat video system
    -Infinity intermezzo surround sound
    -heated seat group
    -high intensity discharge headlamps
    -laminated glass doors
    -engine block heater
    -cargo convenience group
    -6 disc CD/DVD changer

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A magazine reporter is looking to interview automotive technophiles who have DVD players, MP3 players, satellite radio and/or surround systems in their cars and cannot wait for the next big thing to come so they can add it to their rolling entertainment centers.
    Please respond no later than Wednesday, February 4 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info, make/model of vehicle and a sense of the entertainment technology you have and aspire to own.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• minime5minime5 Member Posts: 41
    I think that you're off on your invoice pricing, or you excluded the nav on your option list. I get your invoice cost on this car to be around $500 over your purchase price, which is still a good deal. I believe the only way the invoice on this car gets to $37K IS fully loaded w/nav.
    You are absolutely right. The invoice I provided from Edmunds ($37,327) included the Nav System. Thanks for noticing! I knew something was terribly wrong. Well, I contacted them and asked for a new quote, and this is what I got: $36749, before rebate. What do you think now? It appears to be below invoice. In fact, the dealership is claiming that this is a "internet" price only which is "below" invoice. Thanks again for your thoughts!
    Wait, didn't they offer you the pac for $35k when they thought the nav. system was included? What is the build date on this silver one? It sounds like a great car, almost fully loaded and great color. The fully loaded pac's I have seen on the lots are going for about $7k under msrp (before rebates). Good Luck
    $7k under msrp before rebates? So, if you're looking at a $41k sticker for a fully loaded, you see them going before ttl for $31k? What part of the country are you in? The best I've seen in the Chicago area is 500-1000 under invoice.
    Thanks
    I just got a quote for $37,340, for every option the car comes with, including Nav. and chrom wheels, entretainment system; I mean, every single one except the satellite radio which they are not offering now. That would be about $464.70 below invoice. What do you think?

To Juliec2: The nav. was never included in their calculations. Their quote did not include it.
    Seems like a good price - you may be able to do a little better, but it's very fair.
  • adoyladoyl Member Posts: 2
    response to howieh:

I live in the South. Paid $34463 for a fully loaded PAC 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD minus the Heated Seats (none on the lot). The build date of the car was 9/03. Took $2000 incentive off the 34k and 0% financing deal. Not an easy deal to get. I know.
    How much do I have to pay for a demo Pacifica AWD MSRP $41,200 with 6000 miles on it? My local Chrysler dealer have one.
    Hey - my dealer had one of those also, only his has 20K "Chrysler Executive driven miles." He quoted me $26.9 including a 80k extended warranty.
    Minime, I should have said that the loaded ones I have seen are going for $7k under msrp after rebates! Sorry about that. Although I did see a "Chrysler Corporate" fully loaded one with 15,000 miles for $29.9. I almost bought it, but it had almost one yr. of the warranty used up. I think that the closer to the release of the 2005's the incentives may be even greater. (if you can wait, i couldn't).

Wood, the best deal I have seen for an on the lot pac was $1,000 under invoice. Good Luck!!
    Anyone use the Costco service for buying a car? Apparently they've pre-negotiated a special member price with select dealerships. Would love to hear if that was helpful or not.
  • mick0212mick0212 Member Posts: 27
    I'm impressed with a lot of the deals listed here, but have been left with a question.

I'm looking at a base Pacifica, probably to be purchased in about two months. I've been playing around with the Chrysler Financial lease payment estimator, and the lowest payment on a 39 mo. lease (at invoice - haven't started to negotiate yet, less the 3k lease cash, 0 down) I can come up with is about $370 per month.

Using another site's lease calculator and some of the lower money factors you all have listed, I can get something more in the range of $310-320 per month.

Anyone else use the Chrysler estimator, and if so is it just off, or have they jacked up the money factors? Also would be thankful for anyone's money factor/interest rate on a recent lease.
    money factors/interest rate will be determined by your credit score. I've come to the conclusion that the calculator on their site has a higher than average money factor.

I was told, by someone who works for Edmunds, that for those with excellent credit (score of 700 or above), the money factor is .0011
  • beer47beer47 Member Posts: 185
    in NJ are in the paper for $23-$24K. I am sure it is probably a base model, but, same motor and A/T as top of the line. How bad could it be if you can live w/o AWD and some the bells and whistles? A standard pacifica seems to be pretty well equipped for the average person.
    I think you're right. If I use the .0011 money factor (2.6% equivalent) on another site, I get pretty much the 0 down, 309 per month payment.

To get to the lowest payment I can get on the Chrysler Financial calculator, the equivalent rate seems to be about 6.5%, more or less.

Amazing what a difference a low interest rate makes.
  • bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    You're right, the base Pacifica is very well equipped for up to $10k less that fully featured models!
    Another advantage of the base model is that it doesn't have all the options that seem to be causing the problems in the Problems and Solutions forum.
    I couldn't find any dealer around Denver/Boulder to sell me below invoice price, some of them even they want over invoice price.
    Any idea where I could find the great deal I am reading about in this discusion site.
  • jsekjsek Member Posts: 4
    After 3 months of research and about as long trying to convince my wife and kids, I got my Butane Blue pretty much loaded Pac yesterday.

Thanks to everyone who has posted comments on this board both good and bad as it really helped me to make a final decision and to negotiate a pretty good deal.

I bought from Continental Jeep/Chrysler in LaGrange Il. Both the salesman and the manager I dealt with were great to work with. Very honest about +'s and -'s of the Pac.

Took only 1 counter-offer from their original, really pretty good 1st offer, to get $4,000 under list (maybe around $600 - $700 under invoice) and a free back-up system installed as well as $2,500 in rebates ($500 Chicago auto show $) + the 0% for 48 months.

Joe
    In Indiana, there is an inventory tax dealers have to pay March 1st, so they always try to blow out their inventory in February.
    My local paper has a 2004 Pacifica listed with a $3000 rebate and $5701 off MSRP, for a final price of $23,999, with 0 down and no payments until June. The 0 payments until June just delays your payments, but the rest of the deal sounds good.
  • trarontraron Member Posts: 29
    $23,999? What is the build date? Pre or Post August??
  • pud2pud2 Member Posts: 20
    Hi folks,
    well, the wife and I did a trip to a dealer and spent some time trying to do a deal this evening.
    The salesman ended up looking around for the vehicle we want,(did not have the color/options we wanted in stock)and found 2 possible candidates.
    He is to call tomorrow with news if either one is available, plus price for our deal...so here is the question---we are looking at pretty much a loaded '04, Butane Blue Pac, which stickers at$41,435...so what should I expect for a fair price BEFORE rebates??
    Appreciate all opinions!!
    THANKS!
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Member Posts: 130
    33500, to 34500 that includes the rebate.
    I don't know what the build date is, I didn't actually visit the dealer, just read the ad.
    Well, as they say, "Onward!, Through the fog!"

The dealer I visited last night put a temp hold on one of the Pac's they found for me..Butane Blue, 04, just about everything.(from the sticker copy I got, looks like only thing NOT there is a full size spare)
    The sticker price is...$41,605...my price INCLUDING $3000.00 rebate is ..$35,999.
    I still think it is about 2 grand too high...what say 'yall????
    Help me out quick! I have to be ready for my counter offer in the AM!!
    THANKS guys!! 8-)
    I was reading through the Detroit papers today, and noticed that Pacifica lease rates were noticably cheaper than the last couple weeks -- looks like DCX has brought back expanded employee pricing. Makes a nice difference, *IF* you can get the employee deal.

I've been waffling whether to go with the safe choice (another Honda) or make the move to a Pacifica, and a really good deal would be a big push in that direction! I'm hoping to remember a relative or friend with a connection.

With employee pricing, the base model was listed as low as $19,794 after rebates. Wow.
  • yiniyyiniy Member Posts: 1
    The price you get($35,999.) How low is it from invoice? I get mine $400.00 below invoice and the incentive.
    I only know what was on the print-out I got from the dealership...vehicle is at another dealer.
    So, I do not know WHAT the invoice is...trying to get a feel for what people have paid below STICKER(or MSRP I guess)for a "loaded" 04 Pac.
  • jsekjsek Member Posts: 4
    Yes pud2, I think your about 2 grand away from where you s/b (can be?).

My blue PAC is probably the exact same as what you are looking at. Listed for $41,470.

My FINAL out the door was $38,800 which included all taxes (7% sales), lic. & doc fees + $900 for 70/ 70,000 max care extended war. and $229 for GAP ins. putting me at $809 per month for 48 months. Also included was the backup system which they originally were asking about $350 for.

When they showed me the contract break down, the vehicle itself was $4,050 under list + the rebates. If I didn't ask for the b-up system and ask for a discount on the E. warranty, I'm sure I could have got down to about $4,500 under list.

From the research I did, and the discussions w/ the salesman and manager, I think I was about as low as I could go.

Looks like they offered you $2,700 under list, so another $1,500 - $2,000 is realistic.

Good Luck!
  • aviateaviate Member Posts: 31
    I have used the Costco program. It really only gets you in to see the fleet saleperson. They will work with you on the deal a little better than the average salesperson. You get a chance to see invoices and all that, then make your deal. It is less painful.

On the Pacifica I bought, I just went to the dealer's web site and sent a message directly to the fleet manager and asked for an appointment. He worked with me for a few hours while I decided which vehicle I wanted to buy. It was the same service I would have received had I gone through Costco, but it was a faster response. The Costco program can take a couple of days, and you may get a response from a dealer not near you at all.

Good luck
    aviate
  • vsromanvsroman Member Posts: 95
    Bought a 2004 Pacifica on Friday...

Bright Silver w/Dk Slate Gray
    Leather Seats
    Heated Seats
    Power Liftgate
    Chrome Wheels
    Infinity Surround Sound Upgrade

Invoice was 558 higher than edmunds. The base cost is higher (+305) for the more recent builds and plus the invoice had an adv fee of 225 and 28 for misc stuff (ie. 5 gal gas, etc.)

MSRP 36,220
    Invoice 33,691
    Sales Price 33,291
    Less Rebate -3,000
    + Conv/Doc/Reg 305
    Final Price 30,596 (+12 free oil changes)

I received this deal by using the Chrysler website to search all dealer inventories in the area and when I found an acceptable vehicle, I used the website to email my interest and request a quote. This took some work as I read through probably 30 dealer inventories and came up with a list of 10-15 vehicles. The responses were usually in the 200-1200 over actual dealer invoice (translates to 700-1700 over edmunds). No dealer invoices matched edmunds due to the reasons listed above. I think that most dealers will drop another few hundred after you get them on the phone and your willing to give them your credit card as a deposit. My dealer's email quote was at his invoice but I was able to bring the price down another 400 over the phone.

After my purchase, another dealer called me. He told me that he would have come down on his email quote by another 300-400. Still would have left him at 400 over invoice. He told me "my hat's off to you for buying at 400 below invoice, I would have never went that low".)

I think I got a good price, certainly in this region as I communicated with many dealers. But, I'm sure there's always a better deal out there.
    Oh yeah, I also received coupons for 12 free oil changes at any Chrysler dealer.

I just hope I like this car/suv/sport tourer!
    vsroman,

I live in CT and am looking to buy quickly. Can you say where you bought and first name of salesperson? Fitzpatricks??
    I leased a Pacifica last week and will post detailers a bit later. However I too noticed the dealers invoice was a couple hundred higher than what's listed here on Edmunds. Carsdirect.com invoice was much more accurate to the dealers invoice than edmunds.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Names of the dealership only - no names of salespeople (first or last).
  • gccjgccj Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a Pac last month that was a demo. Had 5000 miles on it and was built in July of 2003.

Black and loaded with EVERYTHING except GPS and heated seats.

I paid $32,000 plus tax and license. This was without rebates since I opted for 5 years at 0% to keep my payments at $533 per month (I paid for the tax and license in cash)

I say the dealer invoice which was $34,600.

My Pac was purchased in New Port Richey in Florida from Lokey Chrysler.

Hope this helps.
  • vsromanvsroman Member Posts: 95
    at Jeep Chrysler Dodge City in Greenwich. Can't say the salemans name but if you use the Chrysler website, pick a car from their inventory and use the form to inquire, I believe the same salesman will email you. Actually, it didn't really matter for me because when I called to make the deal the sales rep was not in. I actually closed the deal with their service manager. But both the Sales guy and Service manager are very nice and easy to work with. No games!

Hope this helps you! Sorry it took me a few days to respond.
  • dgirldgirl Member Posts: 3
    We just bought our AWD Pacifica for $1300 below invoice - just over 4% below invoice. I think we got a great deal. Is it? And we got the color I wanted which has been discontinued (satin jade) - drove two hours to get the only one in satin jade left in the state! I just love how smooth and quiet the ride is.
  • lynzeelynzee Member Posts: 6
    My husband and I began our search for a Pac yesterday. A dealer in town has 3 "program" cars. Since these are used (?) are we still able to get the 0% for 60?? Someone mentioned they got that on a demo. I thought these incentives were only for new. Some help please? Thanks.
    P.S. they have a fully decked out(every option) Black for 33,000.00 and 15,000 miles. We have not gone into any discussion with dealership just looked and drove. Thinking about ordering.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks LynZee
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Member Posts: 130
    Good Choice, I bought Satin Jade and love the color. I ended up getting a Pac with more features just to have the Satin Jade color. It was worth the extra options and price (10 bucks a month extra). You don't see many with this color. It hides the dirt well, too.
    dgirl: anything at invoice or below is a great deal!

lynzee: Be careful about demo models. Remember, the bumper to bumper warranty is only good for 3 years or 36,000 miles. With 15,000 miles already, you'd be buying a car that's almost half way there! After about a year of driving you'd be out of warranty already. Consider that when purchasing a demo model.

I would stick to new models. This way you know they haven't been potentially abused. Who knows how well those demo models were driven....but the warranty is what I'd be really concerend about.
    lynzee,
    Dealers are not accepting new orders now for the '04 model year. '05's are soon going to be in production. I too agree I would not buy a demo especially with that mileage.
    As long as the dealer has not registered the vehicle warranty starts at the time of first registration so if you buy a demo (not necessarly a program car -used)with 200 miles the power train warranty ends at 70,200 miles.
    Good Luck!
  • lynzeelynzee Member Posts: 6
    Thank you all for the imput on the "program cars" we looked at. I guess that's why we didn't go any further than just looking. Does anyone know about 05' pricing or any new options that will be offered? Thanks again this is a very informative board!
    LynZee
    lynzee,
    The 05's will be in offered in 3 classes, base, touring and limited. The base will have space for 5 passengers, 2 front & second row bench. The touring will be like what is being offered today, 6 passenger, and the limited one color body with 19" wheels. The base and touring will have the existing 3.5L engine. Don't know about prices or rebates yet. Chrysler dealers are now ordering '05s and delivery is about 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.