Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2016 Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,373
    force951 said:

I'm looking for the lease numbers on a 2016 Accord EX. Zip is 92882, and the MSRP is listed as 27,115 and i had a purchase price of 23,122. Looking for 12k a year miles. Thanks for any info you can give me.

.00051 MF and 58% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr. $500 lease cash.

39 months is the incentivized term, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    QuakerQuaker Member Posts: 85
    kyfdx said:

Quaker said:

I wanted to confirm that the following information provided above for a 2016 Honda Accord Touring is also valid in the Las Vegas, NV metro area: .00051 MF, $500 lease cash, and 52% residual for 36/12. Please let me know. Thanks!

Honda numbers are nationwide
    Thanks! Through what date are these numbers good?
  • Options
    force951force951 Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

force951 said:

I'm looking for the lease numbers on a 2016 Accord EX. Zip is 92882, and the MSRP is listed as 27,115 and i had a purchase price of 23,122. Looking for 12k a year miles. Thanks for any info you can give me.

.00051 MF and 58% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr. $500 lease cash.

39 months is the incentivized term, this month.
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Quaker said:

kyfdx said:

Quaker said:

I wanted to confirm that the following information provided above for a 2016 Honda Accord Touring is also valid in the Las Vegas, NV metro area: .00051 MF, $500 lease cash, and 52% residual for 36/12. Please let me know. Thanks!

January 4th

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Quaker said:

kyfdx said:

Quaker said:

January 4th
    Thanks, again!
  • Options
    jasond13jasond13 Member Posts: 14
    Ok I need some advice on this.
    2016 Honda accord sport
    36 Month Lease
    12,000 Miles a year
    Total down includes everything $3,233.00
    Monthly payment $223
    That's all I have right now it should be based on the current MF & residual
    My question is I only need 10,000 Miles a year. He told me it would only make a $1 difference a month could that be true? Also is honda not offering a better deal at 39 months. Where is this guy playing games with me?
    Thanks in advance for your time. JD
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,014
    jasond13 said:

Ok I need some advice on this.
    2016 Honda accord sport
    36 Month Lease
    12,000 Miles a year
    Total down includes everything $3,233.00
    Monthly payment $223
    That's all I have right now it should be based on the current MF & residual
    My question is I only need 10,000 Miles a year. He told me it would only make a $1 difference a month could that be true? Also is honda not offering a better deal at 39 months. Where is this guy playing games with me?
    Thanks in advance for your time. JD

36/12 lease numbers on the 2016 Accord Sport are .00051 and 58%. Same residual for 39 months.

If 10K miles are available add 1% to the residual value ... I would think the payment difference is more than $1 but probably not more than $10.

Dealer is not being 100% truthful with you ... might be time to reach out to another dealer.

Would need to know the MSRP, selling price and the breakdown of the $3233 to fully evaluate the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    sang0129sang0129 Member Posts: 2
    Went to couple of dealers around me to lease 2016 accord sport and here were my results. One offered $2000 down 280+tax and i thought that was ridiculous so i just walked out. The other dealer offered 36 months/12k miles for 0 down only sign and drive off and 332 including tax. I asked for the msrp and selling price and he gave me $25785msrp and $23894 selling price and immediately told me that he would do 39/12k for $308 including tax 0down only sign and drive. I feel like i can go lower from what i read am i wrong? What selling price should i be or could i be going for? This is in california 90503 if that makes any difference 
  • Options
    sang0129 said:

Went to couple of dealers around me to lease 2016 accord sport and here were my results. One offered $2000 down 280+tax and i thought that was ridiculous so i just walked out. The other dealer offered 36 months/12k miles for 0 down only sign and drive off and 332 including tax. I asked for the msrp and selling price and he gave me $25785msrp and $23894 selling price and immediately told me that he would do 39/12k for $308 including tax 0down only sign and drive. I feel like i can go lower from what i read am i wrong? What selling price should i be or could i be going for? This is in california 90503 if that makes any difference 

36/12 numbers for the 2016 Accord Sport are .00051 and 58%. Same residual for 39 months.

Using the prices you've provided, I get a payment of $268/mo before tax for 36 months and $249/mo for 39 months.

Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    properdavidproperdavid Member Posts: 7
    Looking for numbers for a 2016 EX-L with Honda Sensing/NAV. San Diego CA. Thanks in advance!
  • Options

Looking for numbers for a 2016 EX-L with Honda Sensing/NAV. San Diego CA. Thanks in advance!

.00051 MF and 53% residual for 39mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited November 2015
    kyfdx said:

Thanks! Any idea on the residual for 39/12K?
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Thanks! Any idea on the residual for 39/12K?
    Add 2%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cemax0388cemax0388 Member Posts: 2
    HI guys, I'm new one the forum and also first time trying to lease a 2016 accord ex, I'm looking online for price to give me an idea and so far this is the best I can found  on zp 85710 

Msrp  $27100
    Dealer price. $25105
    Lease 36/12000
    Down $2710 excludes tax,tag,registration,title and dealer fees .
    Estimated $286/mo
    I would like to know what else to expect and am afraid to be ripped off cause I've heard that they add on things that most don't notice. What recommendations can you all give me please I've seen your post and it really seems that you all know how it's like to buy or lease a car. I really like the car and saw some information on the true car website and the$ 25,105 is showing that it's a great price. Does anybody know if that can go any lower and how can I acheave that.  I will also like to give the less money down due to the holidays and still have a low monthly payment. 
    Any tips and suggestions will be really appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    yanks00249yanks00249 Member Posts: 23
    What is residual for 4dr touring on long island, NY for 36/12k?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    cemax0388 said:

HI guys, I'm new one the forum and also first time trying to lease a 2016 accord ex, I'm looking online for price to give me an idea and so far this is the best I can found  on zp 85710 

Msrp  $27100
    Dealer price. $25105
    Lease 36/12000
    Estimated $286/mo
    I would like to know what else to expect and am afraid to be ripped off cause I've heard that they add on things that most don't notice. What recommendations can you all give me please I've seen your post and it really seems that you all know how it's like to buy or lease a car. I really like the car and saw some information on the true car website and the$ 25,105 is showing that it's a great price. Does anybody know if that can go any lower and how can I acheave that.  I will also like to give the less money down due to the holidays and still have a low monthly payment. 

I'm new on the site too but I've been doing a ton of research on Accord pricing. You can use this lease calculator here: LeaseGuide Calculator or you can use the one I made in Excel here: Dropbox Link

Assuming a Money Factor of 0.00051 (good credit, determined by Honda), $2710 down, a residual value of 58% (determined by Honda), you should only be paying $204/month for that lease before tax. You could put $0 down and it should still only be $281/month before tax. Of course, these numbers do not include other fees that may be thrown in. You should pay your state's license and registration fees, the destination fee, and maybe a doc fee. You should always inquire about other fees to make sure they are legitimate and not just extra profit for the dealer. Also, be wary of dealer add-ons like Lo-Jack and paint protection. Even if the dealer has already installed them, their prices are negotiable and some dealers will even remove their costs entirely.

Any time you get a lease quote, make sure they give you
    • MSRP
    • Negotiated selling price
    • Added fees
    • Money factor
    • Residual value %
    • Lease Term (months)
    All of these things determine a lease price. If a dealer just gives you the monthly lease payment, you have no idea what they're including to arrive at that payment.

If you go back to that dealer and ask for these things, I bet your monthly payment will drop. The "dealer price" for the car is important, but there are plenty of other places the dealer can make up some profit. If you can re-create the calculation yourself, you can be more certain you're getting a fair deal.
  • Options
    cemax0388 said:

Msrp  $27100
    Dealer price. $25105
    Lease 36/12000
    Estimated $286/mo

$2710 down doesn't include tax/title, etc?

Is this an advertised price? Doesn't seem all that great.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

What is residual for 4dr touring on long island, NY for 36/12k?

.00051 MF and $500 lease cash. 52% residual for either 36/12 or 39/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cemax0388cemax0388 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all very much for the advice hope it all goes well when i go to the dealer.
  • Options
    yanks00249yanks00249 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for the info
  • Options
    sang0129sang0129 Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

sang0129 said:

36/12 numbers for the 2016 Accord Sport are .00051 and 58%. Same residual for 39 months.

Using the prices you've provided, I get a payment of $268/mo before tax for 36 months and $249/mo for 39 months.

Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is.
    The dealer told me "The net capcost is 23,074 and the adjusted cap cost is 23669 with your drive offs..If you did $0 down, than that changes to 23,760 and adjusted cap cost is 24,355. Hope this helps. I also hope you took into consideration the 595 acquisition fee and dmv fee and 8.75 tire fee" Is there anything wrong here?? Should I be dealing with different dealers or can I make something happen with this dealer? Thank you as always
  • Options
    njfastlifenjfastlife Member Posts: 12
    first time leaser. looking at a 2016 Honda Accord Sedan Sport. any chance of me getting it for $0 down and ~$300/mo. for 12k/mi.?

looking at a 36 mo. lease most likely.
  • Options

first time leaser. looking at a 2016 Honda Accord Sedan Sport. any chance of me getting it for $0 down and ~$300/mo. for 12k/mi.?

looking at a 36 mo. lease most likely.

.00051 MF and 58% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr. $500 lease cash

With an MSRP and proposed selling price, we can calculate a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Awaiting MSRP but here's the lease deal I was offered:

Model: 2016 Honda Accord Sport
    LeaseTerm:    36 MONTHS, 12,000 miles
     Down Payment: $0.00
    Monthly Payment:$287.26 (includes all taxes and fees

• Options
    And would bump up to about $300/mo for 15k mi./year.
  • Options

Awaiting MSRP but here's the lease deal I was offered:

Model: 2016 Honda Accord Sport
    LeaseTerm:    36 MONTHS, 12,000 miles
     Down Payment: $0.00
    Monthly Payment:$287.26 (includes all taxes and fees

More important that MSRP is the net cap cost (selling price + taxes and fees added into the deal)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    MSRP $25,800
    Sales Price $22,381 (includes destination and handling)
    Acquisition Fee $595.00
    Sales Tax $675.73
    State DMV Fees $283.50
  • Options

MSRP $25,800
    Acquisition Fee $595.00
    Sales Tax $675.73
    State DMV Fees $283.50

I get $269/mo. with those numbers. Are you rolling in the first payment, as well? What about dealer or doc fee?

Besides that, I'm surprised they didn't quote you a 39 month lease. Special term this month that would drop your payment by $20/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

MSRP $25,800
    Acquisition Fee $595.00
    Sales Tax $675.73
    State DMV Fees $283.50

I get $269/mo. with those numbers. Are you rolling in the first payment, as well? What about dealer or doc fee?

Besides that, I'm surprised they didn't quote you a 39 month lease. Special term this month that would drop your payment by $20/mo.
    just got the quote for the 39mo, lease.

$267/mo. taxes and fees included. 15k mi/year.

thoughts?

• Options
    I have a question regarding the MF of .00051. If you add the first month's payment and fees to the cap cost, can you get a reduction of .0001 on the MF? When I got our Odyssey in September, I was able to get the MF lowered by that amount due to input I received on the Edmunds Odyssey forum from the moderators.
  • Options
    Quaker said:

I have a question regarding the MF of .00051. If you add the first month's payment and fees to the cap cost, can you get a reduction of .0001 on the MF? When I got our Odyssey in September, I was able to get the MF lowered by that amount due to input I received on the Edmunds Odyssey forum from the moderators.

Yes, Honda discounts the MF by .00010 if you do a true $0 due at signing "sign and drive" lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Great! Thanks!
  • Options
    Are lease numbers (i.e., MFs and residuals) and lease cash still the same for December? Are there any new incentives for December?
  • Options
    Quaker said:

Are lease numbers (i.e., MFs and residuals) and lease cash still the same for December? Are there any new incentives for December?

The November program is good through January 4th

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks, again!
  • Options
    khoavd83khoavd83 Member Posts: 9
    Michaell said:

Quaker said:

Yes, Honda discounts the MF by .00010 if you do a true $0 due at signing "sign and drive" lease.
    The sign and drive lease special MF of 0.00010 applied for all trim or just the advertised LX?

Thanks
  • Options
    khoavd83 said:

Michaell said:

Quaker said:

The sign and drive lease special MF of 0.00010 applied for all trim or just the advertised LX?

Thanks
    Sign and drive MF discount are for all Hondas.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    khoavd83khoavd83 Member Posts: 9
    I came to dealer and they claimed they know nothing about the discount MF. When I asked for $0 down lease, they even added $917 adj fee something. Wierd
  • Options
    khoavd83 said:

I came to dealer and they claimed they know nothing about the discount MF. When I asked for $0 down lease, they even added $917 adj fee something. Wierd

$0 due at signing means all fees are added into the cap cost. Not sure what the $917 represents, but the fine print says "excludes tax, title, license and dealer fees".

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    909motoring909motoring Member Posts: 14
    HI, what are the current MF & Residual on 2016 Accord Sport w/honda sensing for 12/36 & 12/39 was really interested in 10k but read prior listing Honda does not offer 10k. Appreciate the help this Forum has made my leasing experience easy.
  • Options

HI, what are the current MF & Residual on 2016 Accord Sport w/honda sensing for 12/36 & 12/39 was really interested in 10k but read prior listing Honda does not offer 10k. Appreciate the help this Forum has made my leasing experience easy.

.00051 MF and 57% residual for either 36/12 or 39/12. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    yhariyhari Member Posts: 30
    Kyfdx - Thanks in advance .. want to understand mf and residual for Accord EX w/ Sensing and Accord EX-Lv6 36 mos 12k miles. In the past they have varied based on trim level.
  • Options
    yhari said:

Kyfdx - Thanks in advance .. want to understand mf and residual for Accord EX w/ Sensing and Accord EX-Lv6 36 mos 12k miles. In the past they have varied based on trim level.

.00051 MF and 57% (EX/sensing) or 56% (EX-L V6). $500 lease cash

Same program for 39 months, as 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    silverzip1silverzip1 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2015
    2016 Honda Accord Sport
    MSRP 25,785
    Total Cap 24,400
    39 Months/12,000 miles
    All Fees Included
    Zero out of pocket
    $280.05 per month with tax
    Picked it up for my wife, I'm thinking it was a fair deal?

Honda Fort Pierce Florida
  • Options

2016 Honda Accord Sport
    MSRP 25,785
    Total Cap 24,400
    39 Months/12,000 miles
    All Fees Included
    Zero out of pocket
    $280.05 per month with tax
    Picked it up for my wife, I'm thinking it was a fair deal?

Honda Fort Pierce Florida

If it was truly $0 out of pocket, it looks to be a really solid deal. Enjoy the new Accord!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    waltershawwaltershaw Member Posts: 4
    Is there any lease cash on the Accord? Anyone know if anything on horizon. About to start shopping for a Touring lease 39/15 or 36/15. What are current residual and money factor? Any info is most appreciated.
  • Options
    hda_jerichhda_jerich Member Posts: 2
    Turn in Fee ($350)? Do all honda leases have this now? Has anyone negotiated this to zero?
  • Options

Is there any lease cash on the Accord? Anyone know if anything on horizon. About to start shopping for a Touring lease 39/15 or 36/15. What are current residual and money factor? Any info is most appreciated.

.00051 MF and 50% residual for either term. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Turn in Fee ($350)? Do all honda leases have this now? Has anyone negotiated this to zero?

You can't negotiate disposition fees

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    shassan86shassan86 Member Posts: 61
    Looking for residual and money factor on 24 month/12k miles on 2016 Accord LX and Sport., Much appreciated.