Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    gomdgomd Member Posts: 21
    Michaell said:

gomd said:

Can anyone provide details on leasing a 2016 SE or EX-L in Ohio? 15k/year 36 months.

.00049 and 55% for both trims.

Thank you.
  • Options
    coggscoggs Member Posts: 11
    I purchased a 2016 Odyssey EXL on Saturday from the Honda dealership in Matteson, IL for $31,542 + $168 doc fee + TTL. This was the lowest price I could find in the Chicagoland area. My experience at the dealership could have been much better, but the price was good.
  • Options
    starsntstarsnt Member Posts: 4
    coggs said:
    I purchased a 2016 Odyssey EXL on Saturday from the Honda dealership in Matteson, IL for $31,542 + $168 doc fee + TTL. This was the lowest price I could find in the Chicagoland area. My experience at the dealership could have been much better, but the price was good.
    That is about 7k below the MSRP? I'm in Boston area shopping for EX-L, what price I should be targeting? Anyone has any idea? 
  • Options
    blueberrytedblueberryted Member Posts: 4
    I have several quotes on 2016 EX-L Navi from Boston area dealers:

lowest price on car $32988, incl destination and Flex Cash (must take 0.9% Honda finance)
    documentation fee 349
    6.25% Mass Tax 2062
    Tags + Registra 100 (assumes transfer from tradein)
    OTD $35499

Have not set foot in dealer yet, but those are email quotes.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats @coggs - please take a few minutes and write up a Dealer Review. Thanks!
  • Options
    coggscoggs Member Posts: 11
    Starsnt - the MSRP of the 2016 Odyssey EXL I purchased was $36,825, so my price was $5,283 under MSRP.
  • Options
    lionking2016lionking2016 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2015
    Today I purchased EX-L w/ nav in Baltimore, MD.
    Final Breakdown:
    Trim: EX-L w nav
    Vehicle Price: $32674
    Add ons: no
    Doc / License etc Fees: $0 (included in vehicle price)
    Taxes: $1960
    OTD $34900
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Very good, invoice with destination is $35,546 and TMV is close to that. You're $3,000 below invoice with no doc fees? Dang....

What's your secret?

Mucho congrats!
  • Options
    lionking2016lionking2016 Member Posts: 4
    Nothing special, but here is what I did.
    1. Quote the Price Promise from local dealers including VA.
    2. Email dealers if they want to beat the best OTD offer I got
    3. Repeat 2. until convergence-- i.e., no dealer wants to move. In my case, it ended up two dealers undercutting each other.
    4. Visit the dealer and deal.
  • Options
    akasus0805akasus0805 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Can you share which dealer gave the offer? Did you take any financing? what rate was it? Thx!

Nothing special, but here is what I did.
    1. Quote the Price Promise from local dealers including VA.
    2. Email dealers if they want to beat the best OTD offer I got
    3. Repeat 2. until convergence-- i.e., no dealer wants to move. In my case, it ended up two dealers undercutting each other.
    4. Visit the dealer and deal.

• Options
    erik5erik5 Member Posts: 2
    On 30 December 2015, I submitted a price request for a red 2016 Odyssey EX-L offers through USAA and Edmunds, and immediately got an Internet offer from Silver Spring, MD's Sport Honda of:

$33,764 OTD
    This included (give or take a few dollars for each item--going on memory):
    $30,525 (about 7K off MSRP, over 2K under invoice)
    $900 destination fee
    $1885 state tax (6% in Maryland)
    $299 title
    $60 tags

Price was contingent on our using Honda financing (0.9%, up to 60 months).

We used this offer to get a competing dealer to offer $33,500 OTD, but ended up going with the original, closer dealership, which promptly sold us the car with no backtracking or added costs. Don't know how much lower we might have been able to go, but we needed to buy right away and felt we got a very good deal.

The dealer did lowball our 2011 Prius trade-in, offering only $8500, so we just kept the Prius and financed most of the Odyssey purchase. (The next day CarMax gave us $11,000 cash for the Prius, which we'll apply toward the Honda payments.)
  • Options
    jaqadishjaqadish Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Thank you for this forum. I purchased a 2016 Odyssey Ex-L with Nav from a dealer in Fredericksburg VA.

I do not remember the breakdown but I got it OTD for ~$34,361. Started off with Costco price OTD ~$35,640, showed ~$34,900 price on this thread (one buyer in MD) asking them to price match and when Financed with them (@ 0.9) reduced $500 further effectively making it ~$34,361. Had a great experience overall.

Again, big thanks of appreciation to the posters on this thread. It helped me save a $1000 at the least
  • Options
    Congrats to both our recent buyers!

Good move on the CarMax sale @erik5 - next time get the CarMax quote first and ask the dealer to meet it.
  • Options
    ericnorcalericnorcal Member Posts: 1
    Reference for others. Thanks to those who posted their prices paid!

I bought a 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L (base model, no nav or res) for $35,300 OTD.

Car - $32,050
    Tax - $2,800
    Title - $350
    Doc Fee - $80

Came with splash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks (they said this was worth $300). Also got 2 free oil changes.

I live in San Jose, Ca.

Never set foot in a dealership until I had a guaranteed price over the phone.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Sweet!

I'm driving my brother's 2013 Odyssey this week. Nice ride and I like how it's a bit lower to the ground than my Grand Caravan. Doesn't rattle either. :)
  • Options
    Nice going, congrats @claude618!
  • Options
    mariettacar16mariettacar16 Member Posts: 1
    Just came back from a local dealer (In Atlanta Metro area) for an Odyssey Touring.

Sale Price: $36498
    Appearance PKG: $716
    ETR fees: $49.95
    Documentation fee: $699
    GATVT: $2657.41
    Non Tax fees: $41

OTD price: $40661.36.

In Georgia, most dealers charge a documentation fee. Is this an ok deal?
  • Options
    wkdrns01wkdrns01 Member Posts: 1
    Northern VA Area - 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Sale Price: $30,829.41
    Processing fee: $689.00
    VA title tax: $1292.00
    other fees: $156.00
    OTD price: $32,951.97 <--- This is a very rare price

I used USAA to get vehicle sale prices from different dealers in my area.
    I used email to get OTD prices from multiple dealers. I used the lowest price and asked other dealers to beat it.
    It was lot of work to get this price.

Purchase was done at Joyce Koons Honda at Manassas, VA. I went with them because Kevin Kawk was the best salesman I experienced. He knows what he is doing.

Hendrick Honda at Woodbridge had the BEST price (after price match) but I decided to go with Joyce since my experience with them was awesome.
    Brown Honda at Arlington had a great price, too.

I hope this helps.
  • Options

Is this an ok deal?

Sorry I missed your post, @mariettacar16 - I was in Chattanooga that week visiting family (and driving my brother's 2012 Odyssey). Some stuff fell through the cracks.

Invoice (with $900 destination and a $195 Atlanta ad fee) is $39,756.

So it sounds like you got a great quote on the sales price. The dealer will do okay profit-wise with the high doc fee. I'm not sure what the Appearance PKG is.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Congrats @wkdrns01! Great quote, looks like almost $3,000 below invoice. Looks like Honda dealers are paying the rent with the doc fees. ;)
  • Options
    billsolbillsol Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    Here is what I paid at Hamilton Honda in NJ for our new Odyessey SE in Smoky Topaz Metallic with Truffle interior.

Price: $29,596
    Options: $999 Roofrails with crossbars, All season floor mats, cargo tray, mudflaps, wheel locks
    Price including options: $30,595
    Tax: $2141.65
    Tire fee: $7.50
    NJ Registration: $374
    Doc fee: $369
    total OTD Price:$33514.15

Price includes free unlimited car washes, and oil changes for life.

Oliva at Hamilton Honda was great to deal with. Probably paid too much for options but got a great price on the van. Still below invoice with dealer holdback. You can reach Oliva at [Email removed]

Happy shopping.
    Bill
  • Options
    sureshtsuresht Member Posts: 1
    GA North of Atlanta.

2016 EX-L Silver with All season floor mats, cargo tray, mudflaps

Drive Out 33,200$ (on Jan 30, 2016)

Happy Shopping.
  • Options
    Congrats @billsol!

Congrats to you too, @suresht - can you tell us what the selling price was?
  • Options
    marlon_camarlon_ca Member Posts: 1
    SoCal.

Purchased 2016 EX-L White with Protection Package (floor mats, cargo tray, mudflaps, wheel locks)

Price: $31,986 (Destination Price Included)
    Protection Package: $700
    Service up to 36k mile: $600
    Karr Alarm Activation: $300
    Extended Warranty 10yrs/100k miles: $1000
    Lifetime Power Terrain Warranty (Dealer Freebie): $0

+ TAX + Docs Fee + Title

I don't know if it was a good deal but that's what we paid for our Odyssey. (As of Feb 7, 2016)

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    chakschaks Member Posts: 3
    suresht said:

GA North of Atlanta.

2016 EX-L Silver with All season floor mats, cargo tray, mudflaps

Drive Out 33,200$ (on Jan 30, 2016)

Happy Shopping.

Hi Suresh .. What is the dealer name if you dont mind sharing?
  • Options
    haisenthilhaisenthil Member Posts: 19
    Folks

The local dealer in San Jose CA area gives the following quotes for 2016 Odyssey EX-L

Scheduled Maintenance - 4 years/48,000 miles = $650.
    Will it cost $650 to regular maintenance during this period?

Also he quotes

Extended Warranty 10 years/100K = 1250 with $100 detectable

I have to make a final decision of the above in 2 days.

I seek your comments on if the above are worth to buy? Is the price reasonable.

Thanks
    =Senthil
  • Options
    psrinivpsriniv Member Posts: 41
    Got a quote for $38830 for a 2016 Touring Elite.
    + Tax title & tags.
    + Destination is included in price of $38830.

Any thoughts on this deal. This is in Richmond, VA
  • Options
    mortylick1mortylick1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Philadelphia area about to sign for a new 2016 odyssey SE.  Lease is for 36 months at 10k a year in miles.  

Price is 30150 plus 277 for wheel locks and splash guards.  

The  purchase price with taxes, licensing and fees is 32,548. 

Lease price is $355 a month with first payment and extras for $619 out of pocket.  

Financed payment would be 555 a month.  

I am not sure whether to lease or purchase this vehicle. I would love your input as to whether this is a good deal and whether I should lease or purchase this vehicle.  

Thank you 
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

I am in Philadelphia area about to sign for a new 2016 odyssey SE.  Lease is for 36 months at 10k a year in miles.  

Price is 30150 plus 277 for wheel locks and splash guards.  

The  purchase price with taxes, licensing and fees is 32,548. 

Lease price is $355 a month with first payment and extras for $619 out of pocket.  

Financed payment would be 555 a month.  

I am not sure whether to lease or purchase this vehicle. I would love your input as to whether this is a good deal and whether I should lease or purchase this vehicle.  

Thank you 

It depends on how long you plan to keep the vehicle. If you want to return it and start over in 3 years, leasing is the best way to go.

If you plan to keep the vehicle for longer than the lease term, it is much better to buy it outright and finance it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

Folks

The local dealer in San Jose CA area gives the following quotes for 2016 Odyssey EX-L

Scheduled Maintenance - 4 years/48,000 miles = $650.
    Will it cost $650 to regular maintenance during this period?

Also he quotes

Extended Warranty 10 years/100K = 1250 with $100 detectable

I have to make a final decision of the above in 2 days.

I seek your comments on if the above are worth to buy? Is the price reasonable.

Thanks
    =Senthil

I tried to talk my sister out of the prepaid maintenance on her recent Crosstrek purchase. She got it anyway after learning that the dealer charged around $100 for an oil change.

Second week of ownership she gets a coupon for a $30 oil change. :'(

May have missed your cutoff, but I don't think either package is worth it.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    psriniv said:

Got a quote for $38830 for a 2016 Touring Elite.
    + Tax title & tags.
    + Destination is included in price of $38830.

Any thoughts on this deal. This is in Richmond, VA

Invoice $41,906, MSRP is $45,775 and TMV is coming in below invoice at $40,952. Those numbers include the destination.

I used my sister's zip up near Winchester - your number may be a bit higher since you're a bit further from DC, but VA Honda dealers are generally pretty aggressive on price.

Your quote is ~$2,000 below invoice and sounds like a great price.

Please let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    psrinivpsriniv Member Posts: 41
    Thanks. TMV in my area is $41287. Truecar gives me $42332.

I have not negotiated anything. Spoke to the manager while at service. This is my third touring elite from them. He just wrote the price on his card and gave it to me.

I have to see how much they will give me for my trade in. A 2013 Touring Elite with 87k miles on it.
  • Options
    Thanks Stever
    We also felt this way; and cancelled both
    -Senthil
  • Options
    By way way, we bought 2016 Odyssey EX-L is $30588 +tax that includes the wheel lock in Sunnyvale - CA
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Sweet, congrats @haisenthil!

@psriniv, you can appraise your '13 here. For a really dialed in number, try asking for feedback over in the Real World Trade-in Values discussion. Great group of knowledgeable folks hanging out there - I just got a value there myself on my old van.
  • Options
    imsingh22imsingh22 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2016 Honda Odyssey Touring in Modern steel metallic with Grey Interior in the San Antonio, TX area.

Final Breakdown:
    Trim: Touring
    MSRP:43205
    Vehicle Price: $36,611 + TTL (Texas)

$39,500 OTD with Honda Finance 0.9% APR

they threw in an upholstery and paint protection package, was already on car so could not be removed. 
  • Options
    Funny how dealers will "throw in" those pricey packages for free when you insist you don't want them.

Congrats on the new Odyssey!
  • Options
    HamsaladHamsalad Member Posts: 7
    2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Was able to get some decent pricing from West Suburban Chicago dealers. This included the $1250 (though taxable in Illinois for Sales Tax) rebate applied and Before TTL. I used truecar and was disappointed that only the far away city dealers use it and not the bigger suburban honda dealers. I checked this forum and the odyclub.com then I emailed for a detailed and competitive price on the car. You need to ignore the harassing calls and nutty flow of auto generated emails. I didn't go into the dealer until I was ready to deal had . I used Edmonds and KBB.com and Black Book for getting a respectable trade target price and I had my trade-in var all cleaned, vacuumed and ready to go.

2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L Base car is what I wanted and most dealers had one in stock. I did not want the pricey dealer installed accessories if avoidable. Some sell only with the crap added on. My goal was to go in and let them know the target I needed on the trade and asked them to match the

Valley Honda $31,755 Base car net of $1250 rebate but with $900 destination fee

Continental Honda $31,715 (included wheel locks, rear bin, splash guards) 30,515 on base car

Honda of Lisle $31,783 Base car net of $1250 rebate but includes $900 destination fee

Honda of Lisle is the deal I chose as they were able to agree to the trade deal I needed to make the purchase happen on my very good condition 2015 CRV EX- AWD with 21K miles on it for $21,668 as a trade-in. Sales Manager was great and professional and I drove off in 2 hours as they agreed to deal and we signed all the paperwork. Salesman Kahbir was excellent also. I chose the 0.9% promotion. The trade allowed me to shave off significant sales tax on the deal as I'm sure you know. Honda of Lisle charged no BS fees. I loved the CRV with it's zippy short wheel base and AWD in the bad weather but it was just too small for hauling the gear I need for work and family stuff. This 2016 is my 7th Honda Odyssey and I really like the fit and finish and respectable mileage it gets (already averaging 25.5 mostly around town). I plan to add the roof rails, cross bars, kayak carrier for a future kayak purchase and a 3rd party hitch (from either etrailer.com or Amazon.com) for transporting family bicycles. Hope this pricing can help someone find their next Odyssey for a competitive price. Deals should get better as the year progresses and the restyled 2017's approach in late summer of fall of this year.
  • Options
    shivag99shivag99 Member Posts: 3

By way way, we bought 2016 Odyssey EX-L is $30588 +tax that includes the wheel lock in Sunnyvale - CA

Could you pls share the dealer and the sales-person if you dont mind - I am looking to buy one and this price looks very good. Appreciate it!
  • Options
    Sunnyvale - Larry hopkins honda
    Talk to Ray Saadieh who handled well the sale of EX-L to me
    The base price is 30588+tax and docs . around 33800. I financed it with Honda at 0.99% interest rate.
    Good luck; and let know how is your experience there
    Regards
    =Senthil
  • Options
    Thanks Senthil!! for the quick response.. I will talk to Ray tomorrow.. 
  • Options
    lordylord11lordylord11 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone.
    Last time I bought my 2012 Altima I found great advice on this forum and even though from time to time checked on comments on this forum I wasn't in the market to purchase until now. I am in the market to purchase a 2016 Honda Odyssey Ex-L not sure yet with or without RES. I am in NY/NJ area and from what I see a lot of people have paid around 35000 OTD prices. I just want to confirm that the case and also prices that quoted on sites such as TrueCar, are those prices OTD prices or pre fee/taxes prices.
    Also someone suggested to me to Lease with an option to buy, does that make sense in any way?
  • Options
    Sunnyvale - Larry hopkins honda Talk to Ray Saadieh who handled well the sale of EX-L to me The base price is 30588+tax and docs . around 33800. I financed it with Honda at 0.99% interest rate. Good luck; and let know how is your experience there Regards =Senthil
    Thanks to this forum and great help from Senthil!
    I bought the exact same model EX-L from the same showroom n dealer for 30888+tax - OTD 34100..
    this was the best price i could find in 100 mile radius. I am very happy with my purchase.. Thanks to Senthil for the research and talking personally with the dealer to make this deal. This forum is been very helpful! A big thanks to e'one!  :)
  • Options
    someoneinvasomeoneinva Member Posts: 2
    I pulled an Odyssey EXL with RES in Northern VA. Here are the numbers:

Van MSRP $32,265
    State Tax $1,323
    Registration/Title $63
    Dealer Fee $499

Total - OTD $34,150

No extra options were installed on the Van.

On top of this I paid $1400 towards Honda Care for 7 yrs/80K Miles Extended Warranty. Since the van had too much electronics and power door/tailgate options, I went for it.

Financed with Honda - 0.9%.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Good Honda buying country, but isn't MSRP more like $38,500?

Congrats!
  • Options
    someoneinvasomeoneinva Member Posts: 2
    2017 you can expect a new trim, may be honda is knocking down the prices..
  • Options
    ksmithksmith Member Posts: 5
    They already increased the cash back on the Odyssey's LX, SE, EX have $1,000 cash back and EX-L and higher have $1,250 cash back as well as financing 0.9% for up to 60 months.
  • Options
    2013accordv62013accordv6 Member Posts: 7
    ksmith said:

They already increased the cash back on the Odyssey's LX, SE, EX have $1,000 cash back and EX-L and higher have $1,250 cash back as well as financing 0.9% for up to 60 months.

Are the cash back offers dealer specific or do they apply to all the 2016 models?Is there a place we can check what the current cash back incentives? I am looking to buy an EX-L and would like to know any incentive available.

TIA