Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hm, that's usually an aggressive area - I think I'd aim for $2,000 (or more) below invoice, so $30,236 plus fees and taxes. The incentive would offset most of the doc fees but $600 is way too much.
  • Options
    rochesterboyrochesterboy Member Posts: 11
    Hello,

I am looking to buy 2016 CR-V Touring AWD in Michigan area. What price should I target?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Average CR-V prices are a bit higher in Michigan than in our "hot spots".

Invoice is $32,236, MSRP is $34,295 and TMV is ~$400 more than the TMV average at $32,676.

For a selling price, I'd target $31,000 with the understanding that your quotes probably won't get that close. But maybe if you expand your search and wait until the weekend to buy, you'll do okay.

Looks like you have four close dealers - if they aren't too aggressive, expand your circle out to Kalamazoo/Flint and see what happens with another ~8 dealers in the mix.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Hey stever,
    I am shopping around for a CR-V LX 2WD model. What is a good target price with destination fee included for the base model? I reside in San Francisco, CA.

Thanks buddy
  • Options
    stever said:

Average CR-V prices are a bit higher in Michigan than in our "hot spots".

Invoice is $32,236, MSRP is $34,295 and TMV is ~$400 more than the TMV average at $32,676.

For a selling price, I'd target $31,000 with the understanding that your quotes probably won't get that close. But maybe if you expand your search and wait until the weekend to buy, you'll do okay.

Looks like you have four close dealers - if they aren't too aggressive, expand your circle out to Kalamazoo/Flint and see what happens with another ~8 dealers in the mix.

Good luck!

Thanks a bunch. I will report back what I can get it for.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    zwxray86 said:

Hey stever,
    I am shopping around for a CR-V LX 2WD model. What is a good target price with destination fee included for the base model? I reside in San Francisco, CA.

Thanks buddy

Hey there, destination is $900, so adding that into the mix I get:

Invoice $23,203
    MSRP $24,645
    TMV $22,734

The TMV average is ~$500 below invoice so some buyers must be getting $1,000 off or more. I think I'd shoot for $22,000 for a buying price, remembering that you're in an area with a lot of wealthy buyers and some dealers may be less aggressive than you'd like.

You can check numbers at this link and there's an inventory tab there too you may want to peruse. Wouldn't hurt to get some quotes and also ask for some Price Promise quotes to see if they are competitive.

I see ~25 LXs in stock within 25 miles of 94117 and almost 100 within 50 miles.

Wish I was there with you - I'd be your first baseman all day long if I could snack on a couple of sourdough loaves. :)
  • Options
    jackpepinjackpepin Member Posts: 15
    Hi Stever,
    I'm looking to buy CRV EX 2WD and live in zipcode 94539.
    What is a good base price including destination fee? (is the destination fee $900?)
    What is a number I should start with the dealers?

Dealer has $500 incentive from Honda in June and can I add $1000 from Honda loyalty so the total is $1500. Can I use this number to negotiate the price? I don't know if it works this way so want to check with you. Thanks.
  • Options
    harry7447harry7447 Member Posts: 14
    Just bought EX-L AWD for $27900 OTD. 6% tax, $300 processing fee. I guess got a decent deal. Thanks to this forum for my third purchase :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    [Edited] @jackpepin , yeah, destination is $900 for all CR-Vs. That probably won't change, if at all, until the 2017s arrive.

I'm seeing better TMV numbers for your region lately. Don't know why I'm surprised - @brian125 has been reporting Accord numbers up to $2,700 below invoice in California for a few months now.

And the numbers look like this for an EX FWD - invoice is $25,309, MSRP is $26,895 and TMV is $25,000 even.

So the TMV average is a bit under invoice. CR-V numbers don't seem as good as the Accord numbers Brian125 is seeing.

I think a good selling price would be $24,000 minus $500 minus $1,000 for a base selling price of $22,500. A great ("Accord") price would be another $1,000+ off.

But even with the incentives, my sort of low base number may scare a lot of dealers. Doesn't hurt to start low though, and walk out once or twice.

The incentives can get a bit tricky. If a dealer knows you qualify for a loyalty incentive, they may bump up the price a bit since your OTD price will still look good. So you may want to try for numbers before letting the dealers know that you are eligible for the loyalty incentive.

If you like a dealer but think they are still too high, you can ask them if they've included the $500 incentive. If nothing else, that shows that you are an educated buyer and since educated buyers shop around, the dealer may cut to the chase and give you a good deal so they won't lose your sale to another dealer.

I like this technique (also by @brian125); your prime buying window is getting close as we approach the end of the month.

(many thanks to @dallas_crv for catching my numbers error)
  • Options
    harry7447 said:

Just bought EX-L AWD for $27900 OTD. 6% tax, $300 processing fee. I guess got a decent deal. Thanks to this forum for my third purchase :)

Congrats!
  • Options
    Thanks Stever for all good info and advice. I'm planning to send out email to dealers early next week and target to buy on Wed 6/29 or Thur. I'll post the result.
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    hondacare7hondacare7 Member Posts: 6
    stever said:

harry7447 said:

Congrats!
    Congrats! This is an outstanding deal. Can you please tell us the price before taxes and 300 fee but after destination charge? Thanks
  • Options
    Hi Stever,

I have both Honda loyalty $1000 and college graduated $500 for incentives. Can I use both or only pick one? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Between our incentive page and the current offers page at Honda, I don't see anything that rules out stacking these two incentives.

The fine print says (naturally), contact your dealer for details.

It's funny that we show the loyalty incentive but Honda doesn't (and we have a typo on our page and call it an Odyssey incentive)

Oh, some dealers are offering a $750 Dream Garage incentive so ask about that. I don't know the details, just seen a couple of online ads and some posts about it.

• Options
    Thanks Stever for all usefull info.
  • Options
    freakierahulfreakierahul Member Posts: 7
    stever said:

Almost missed you @freakierahul. Looks like CR-V prices are getting more aggressive in the Midwest too.

Invoice is $28,819, MSRP is $30,645 and TMV is (again), $800 below invoice at $28,081. My numbers include destination and I assumed AWD.

So your selling price is almost $1,100 below invoice. Not that long ago we'd be excited to see a deal in MN or WI for $500 below invoice so you're doing good. The extra incentive is gravy.

Thank you so much. I contacted couple of other dealers and this is the cheapest I got so far, still waiting for some to respond back:

2016 AWD CRV EX-L $26,699.00
    MN Sales Tax 1,735.44
    MN Registration 378.00
    MN Transit Tax 20.00
    MN Title 48.75
    MN Plate Fee 24.00
    Documentation Fee 75.00

Approx. Out The Door $28,980.19
  • Options
    $1,800 below invoice - looking good. Decent doc fee too.
  • Options
    harry7447 said:

Looks like you got 1000$ loyalty incentive, is that for all Honda owners or only for Odyssey owners?
  • Options
    I've asked for help from others in the home office - sure sounds like the loyalty incentive only works if you own (or owned?) an Odyssey. Very confusing....
  • Options
    smohanesmohane Member Posts: 1
    Hi Experts!!
    I got a offer from Honda Dealer in Houston for CR-V 2016 EX FWD with Pro Package (Tinted Window, wheel lock, mud guard etc. ) for 25,000 Drive out price. I've asked for 24,000, is it Fair? I'm fine with Leather Seats with 25,000.
    Please advise.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    novabulldognovabulldog Member Posts: 3
    stever said:

Hm, that's usually an aggressive area - I think I'd aim for $2,000 (or more) below invoice, so $30,236 plus fees and taxes. The incentive would offset most of the doc fees but $600 is way too much.

FYI - I ended up pulling the trigger today on the white/black AWD Touring.

Set a target price of $29,500 (plus fees and taxes), which was $1200 below the initial quote and included the mandatory $335 worth of wheel locks and mud flaps. I expected to have to wait until the 29th or 30th to make a deal, but they accepted my price after only 2 trips to talk to the manager.

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Cool @novabulldog, can I ask what dealer you used? Got an NoVA Odyssey shopper having trouble getting good quotes.
  • Options
    esar_ncesar_nc Member Posts: 1
    Live in NC Triangle area. Shopping for 2016 CRV LX AWD without any options. I have this quote from one of the local dealers. Can I do better?

2016 CRV LX AWD $22,613
    Sales Tax $695
    Registration $51
    Title $52
    Dealer Admin Fee $539

Out The Door $23,950
  • Options
    You're doing good.

Invoice is $24,535 and TMV is close at $24,400.

So you're $1,900 below invoice.

The dealer is getting quite a bit of that back with the high doc/admin fee.

I'd counter with $23,500 OTD - tell them to eat their doc fee and you'll buy "today". If they stall, walk and shop the quote around. Hopefully one dealer will bite as the month winds down.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    novabulldognovabulldog Member Posts: 3
    stever said:

Cool @novabulldog, can I ask what dealer you used? Got an NoVA Odyssey shopper having trouble getting good quotes.

I ended up at Rosenthal Fairfax Honda (via the Costco program). AutoNation Honda Dulles and Chantilly Honda had initial Internet quotes that were within a couple hundred of the Costco price, but I never got a chance to see if they were equally interested in negotiating.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    harry7447harry7447 Member Posts: 14
    stever said:

harry7447 said:

Congrats!
    Thank you!

harry7447 said:

Looks like you got 1000$ loyalty incentive, is that for all Honda owners or only for Odyssey owners?
    I wish I had a 2006+ Odyssey and the $750 code to make the deal even sweeter. But still a good deal, right?

stever said:

harry7447 said:

Congrats!
    Congrats! This is an outstanding deal. Can you please tell us the price before taxes and 300 fee but after destination charge? Thanks
    I don't have the exact numbers in front of me. But it was close (all approximate) to $25000 + $880 destination + $300 fee + $1570 taxes + $300 title. MSRP = $30645

Please Let me know if anyone needs the dealer detail (this is in the MD/VA area). Thanks

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2016
    @harry7447

Name of dealer ? tks

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    chientechiente Member Posts: 11
    Hi all, we are shopping a 2016 CR-V EX AWD in zip 80031. Best quote so far is $25,418 including destination, plus Dealer Handling $499 = $25,917. TMV is $26,207. They say the current $500 mfr to dealer incentive is included. Out the door would add lien registration $27.20 and taxes at $2228 for a total of $28,173.06.

Do you think this is fair or is there more haggle room? This dealer is $500-800 less than the others I have contacted and about three miles from where I live.

Thanks for any advice
  • Options
    dallas_crvdallas_crv Member Posts: 12
    @chiente, you seem to be in a suburb of Denver. Have you tried emailing all dealers in the entire Denver metroplex? Do you have a Costco membership?

Costco Auto's website lists 25,291 as the "recommended price" and my understanding is that the $500 incentive is on top of the Costco pricing.

The Dealer Handling fee seems high as well.

I think you can do better but not knowing the dynamics of the Denver area, it's hard to tell. Experts or other locals would know better.
  • Options
    Honda HFS Loyalty Odyssey (Expires: 07/05/2016)

$1000.00 Incentive.

Eligible customer may receive $1000 towards Down Payment or Cap Cost Reduction with the lease or finance of a new and not previously reported sold Honda model (excludes MY16 Civic and MY17 Ridgeline) through Honda Financial Services (HFS).

- Must be disclosed as Down Payment or Cap Cost Reduction.

Client Eligibility
    • Current owners of a 2006 or newer Odyssey
    • Client must provide one of the following, that shows address, as proof of ownership of eligible Automobile:
    o Current vehicle registration / Current vehicle billing statement / Current vehicle proof of valid auto insurance
    • Offer is not valid if client does not meet HFS credit criteria
    • Client must finance through HFS for a minimum of 24 months or more of regularly scheduled payments
    • Zero Due at signing leases are NOT eligible
    • Client is not required to trade in their current vehicle
    • Offer excludes recent purchases
    • Members of the same household are eligible – the proof of ownership document must show the same current address which matches the HFS contract
    - Not redeemable for cash.

OK Special APR, Special Lease, Lease, Military Appreciation Offer, Honda College Graduate Bonus as specified in dealer bulletins.
    N/A Sales to Dealer, Zero Due, Fleet, Courtesy Car
  • Options
    @harry7447

I wish I had a 2006+ Odyssey and the $750 code to make the deal even sweeter. But still a good deal, right? But it was close (all approximate) to $25000 + $880 destination + $300 fee + $1570 taxes + $300 title.
    Thats the best deal that I have seen so far for 2016 Crv EXL AWD. The best I have got so far is 26699$ + taxes/fees. I will get a 500$ graduate discount which brings it down to 26199$ but still 1200$ more than what you paid. Am asking for a 27500$ OTD, hopefully I can close it in 27750-27800$.

• Options
    chiente said:

Hi all, we are shopping a 2016 CR-V EX AWD in zip 80031. Best quote so far is $25,418 including destination, plus Dealer Handling $499 = $25,917. TMV is $26,207. They say the current $500 mfr to dealer incentive is included. Out the door would add lien registration $27.20 and taxes at $2228 for a total of $28,173.06.

Do you think this is fair or is there more haggle room? This dealer is $500-800 less than the others I have contacted and about three miles from where I live.

Thanks for any advice

I agree with @dallas_crv -- TMV for me is a bit less than what you got ($26,159). Our numbers include the $900 destination, but there's a $256 ad fee in our invoice number ($26,783). Consumers shouldn't have to pay dealer ad fees. Looks like Costco is coming in $1,500 below invoice before the $500 hood money that's out there. And a better doc fee would be $50.

I'd like to see your OTD total closer to $27,175. Maybe get a few more quotes (or join Costco) and then invite your nearby dealer to match your best quote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    stever said:

zwxray86 said:

Hey stever,

Thanks buddy

Hey there, destination is $900, so adding that into the mix I get:

Invoice $23,203
    MSRP $24,645
    TMV $22,734

The TMV average is ~$500 below invoice so some buyers must be getting $1,000 off or more. I think I'd shoot for $22,000 for a buying price, remembering that you're in an area with a lot of wealthy buyers and some dealers may be less aggressive than you'd like.

You can check numbers at this link and there's an inventory tab there too you may want to peruse. Wouldn't hurt to get some quotes and also ask for some Price Promise quotes to see if they are competitive.

I see ~25 LXs in stock within 25 miles of 94117 and almost 100 within 50 miles.

Wish I was there with you - I'd be your first baseman all day long if I could snack on a couple of sourdough loaves. :)
    Just picked up a ride for 21.7k. Thank you stever and everyone who has contributed to this forum. The OTD price came out to be 24k.

Turns out, the Honda dealership in palo alto is pricing the base model 2WD for $21,188 for 48 hrs.
  • Options
    KatyHondaKatyHonda Member Posts: 1
    smohane said:

Hi Experts!!
    I got a offer from Honda Dealer in Houston for CR-V 2016 EX FWD with Pro Package (Tinted Window, wheel lock, mud guard etc. ) for 25,000 Drive out price. I've asked for 24,000, is it Fair? I'm fine with Leather Seats with 25,000.
    Please advise.

Thanks!!

Can you let me know which dealer you are working with? Thanks.
  • Options
    Congrats @zwxray86!
  • Options
    stevea_123stevea_123 Member Posts: 1
    I want to know if this is a good price?

​ ​ ​
    $22,402.00 Sale Price (includes $900 Destination Charge from Honda)
    +$1,686.15 7.5% Sales Tax
    +$20.00 Electronic Filing Fee
    +$80.00 Documentation Fee
    +$266.00 Registration Fee
    $24,454.15 Total "Out-The-Door" Price

SteveA_123
  • Options
    LX FWD?

• Options
    karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    "Mandatory wheel locks and mud flaps"for $300? Wow, some people are truly uneducated about buying a new car.

And really, any doc fee or other dealer fee is too high. All are fake. All are just the selling price separated into two pieces, price and fee.

People need to ask themselves, does it really cost dealers hundreds of dollars to complete the documents presented to you in the F&I office. And, why do dealer's not try to have a fee for all their costs? A fee for electricity? A fee for capital items like the building? Because buyers would question those types of fees.

These dealer fees are something those F&I folks concocted. They allow dealers to advertise a lower price, thus increasing customer traffic. Using the word fee applies a false sense of legitimacy to the scam. And these fee are indeed a scam.

Google dealer fees in Florida and you will find a Toyota dealer who actually spills the beans on these fees.

The simple accounting fact is the price includes all dealer costs plus dealer profit. That is what price is. The only legitimate fees are those imposed by the Government, like registration or sales tax. Any other fee is a scam.

It is interesting how sites for buyers seem to provide validation for these fees.
  • Options
    stever said:
    Hi all, we are shopping a 2016 CR-V EX AWD in zip 80031. Best quote so far is $25,418 including destination, plus Dealer Handling $499 = $25,917. TMV is $26,207. They say the current $500 mfr to dealer incentive is included. Out the door would add lien registration $27.20 and taxes at $2228 for a total of $28,173.06. Do you think this is fair or is there more haggle room? This dealer is $500-800 less than the others I have contacted and about three miles from where I live. Thanks for any advice
    I agree with @dallas_crv -- TMV for me is a bit less than what you got ($26,159). Our numbers include the $900 destination, but there's a $256 ad fee in our invoice number ($26,783). Consumers shouldn't have to pay dealer ad fees. Looks like Costco is coming in $1,500 below invoice before the $500 hood money that's out there. And a better doc fee would be $50. I'd like to see your OTD total closer to $27,175. Maybe get a few more quotes (or join Costco) and then invite your nearby dealer to match your best quote.T
    @chiente, you seem to be in a suburb of Denver. Have you tried emailing all dealers in the entire Denver metroplex? Do you have a Costco membership? Costco Auto's website lists 25,291 as the "recommended price" and my understanding is that the $500 incentive is on top of the Costco pricing. The Dealer Handling fee seems high as well. I think you can do better but not knowing the dynamics of the Denver area, it's hard to tell. Experts or other locals would know better.
    Thank you both! I have shopped six local dealers and I do have a Costco membership. I'm waiting to hear back from the referred dealer. The nearby dealer has said he would match any price that was lower, so I think I'm in a good spot for buying on Thursday.
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I got this offer for CR-V EX 2WD 2016. Please advise.
    Base=23,553
    tax 9.5%=2245
    DMV fee=293
    Doc fee=80
    Tire fee=8.75
    OTD=26,179

I'm civic's owner so cannot qualify for $1000 loyalty from Honda.
    My daughter graduated this month and her name will be on the registration. I can either pay off or finance so I don't know if we qualify for $500 college graduated because she doesn't apply for a loan.

Thanks.
  • Options
    @jackpepin, your base price (sale price) seems in line with the quotes I have received in the DFW (Dallas/Ft Worth) area as well. However, a few accessories (pinstripe, tint, cargo tray, mud flaps, wheel locks) are included in our area. Prices shown on the window for those accessories are grossly inflated. Real value would be less than $500 in total. I guess dealers are making their money by showing how much you save after including accessories!

Even though it's an unnecessary add-on, the Doc fee is also reasonable. It's $150 or more here!
  • Options
    manny5manny5 Member Posts: 16
    dallas_crv which dealer are you working with in DFW area? I am looking for a EX AWD. Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Welcome @karhill1 - I think I've heard of Earl Stewart before but forgot about him. The other dealers must really hate his guts.

Here's a link to his blog where he spills most of the beans.
  • Options
    chiente said: I'm not getting much downward price movement, even from the Costco dealer price. AIm still about $800 from where I need to be. Do you think waiting until the end of July will bring lower prices with the announcement of the 2017 models? I can wait for 30-60 days. Thanks for your expertise.
    stever said:
    Hi all, we are shopping a 2016 CR-V EX AWD in zip 80031. Best quote so far is $25,418 including destination, plus Dealer Handling $499 = $25,917. TMV is $26,207. They say the current $500 mfr to dealer incentive is included. Out the door would add lien registration $27.20 and taxes at $2228 for a total of $28,173.06. Do you think this is fair or is there more haggle room? This dealer is $500-800 less than the others I have contacted and about three miles from where I live. Thanks for any advice
    I agree with @dallas_crv -- TMV for me is a bit less than what you got ($26,159). Our numbers include the $900 destination, but there's a $256 ad fee in our invoice number ($26,783). Consumers shouldn't have to pay dealer ad fees. Looks like Costco is coming in $1,500 below invoice before the $500 hood money that's out there. And a better doc fee would be $50. I'd like to see your OTD total closer to $27,175. Maybe get a few more quotes (or join Costco) and then invite your nearby dealer to match your best quote.T
    @chiente, you seem to be in a suburb of Denver. Have you tried emailing all dealers in the entire Denver metroplex? Do you have a Costco membership? Costco Auto's website lists 25,291 as the "recommended price" and my understanding is that the $500 incentive is on top of the Costco pricing. The Dealer Handling fee seems high as well. I think you can do better but not knowing the dynamics of the Denver area, it's hard to tell. Experts or other locals would know better.
    Thank you both! I have shopped six local dealers and I do have a Costco membership. I'm waiting to hear back from the referred dealer. The nearby dealer has said he would match any price that was lower, so I think I'm in a good spot for buying on Thursday.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @chiente, same issue here in DFW. My deal fell through because the dealer committed to beating or matching another dealer's online quote but due to a minor difference (door edge guard MSRP $84), they failed to live up to their promise! I contacted a bunch of other dealers but many are only willing to give a price if you show up in person and play the game :) The last two days have proved how frustrating the car buying experience still is.
  • Options
    fishh01fishh01 Member Posts: 3
    I've read through most of this thread the last few days. Big thanks to stever and the others for all the help you give. I'm wanting to buy a FWD EX in Austin TX area. The TMV shows as $25,794 vs $25,309 invoice (with Destination). I'd like to get a recommendation on what kind of price I should be aiming for. Is $24,000 a good sales price to start with or should I start lower? Thanks for any advice or insights into this market.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hi @fishh01 and welcome (and thanks for the shout out).

Texas dealers, as you've likely read, aren't as aggressive as those in some other regions. $1,000 to $1,500 under invoice is worth shooting for, since other regions are pushing $2,000 to $2,500 below. So yeah, $24,000 for a selling price is a good target.

Dealers in our part of the US like to add tint and other "protection" packages with inflated prices. If you like tint, you can tell the dealer that their package is substandard and you are going with a independent tint company that offers better quality (higher UV protection) and if you have to buy their tint, your shop is going to have to remove it at additional cost to put the better tint on. (I'm not really up on this subject but supposedly for the same money the dealers charge, you can get a better product).

But I digress - the idea is to take your target price and add in the valid fees. That's mostly taxes and any enviro charges that Texas may have. Ignore doc fees, ad fees and the mop and glow protection packages. Then tell the dealer that you want to pay, say, $25,5000 out the door (OTD). That assumes $1,500 in taxes and registration.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @fishh01 most Honda dealers in DFW add on accessories at highly inflated prices (noticed it with Toyota and Nissan too). I expect Austin dealers to do the same. This includes tint, pin-stripes, pro-pac (cargo tray, mud flaps/splash guard, wheel locks) and door edge guard. I have also seen some dealers mention paint and fabric protection although I am not sure if that comes standard with all CRVs or not. Funnily, many mentioned 24-hr roadside assistance which is standard Honda stuff and comes with the car!

The cost mentioned for these accessories is ridiculous (much more than MSRP leave alone discounted online rates). For instance, I have seen pro-pac priced at $799 whereas the MSRP is $264. It's not like it costs $535 to install a cargo tray, wheel locks and mud flaps!

The best OTD quote for a EX-FWD I have got so far in DFW is $25200 and two others at $25600. From what I read in previous posts in this thread, DFW dealers don't offer as good a deal as Houston and S. Texas ones. Someone from Houston posted that they got a quote of $25000 OTD. Many dealers may give BS internet quotes just to get you in and play the dance!

There's also $500 manufacturer to dealer cash that expires on July 5th. I have to check to see if they extended this deal because they seem to have done it with their .9% financing offer (now valid until September).

If you want to go to the dealer and ask for a car without accessories (most dealers will make this difficult), I'd say start at 23k (including the $900 destination). With accessories, start at 23.5k. Then add 6.25% tax + around $400 for Title, License, Doc Fee & other unnecessary charges. My understanding is that only TTL (taxes, title, license) must be required on top of the sales price and all other charges (Doc Fee, Prep Fee, etc.) are junk.

In Texas, $25500 OTD (with accessories) or $25000 OTD (without accessories) is in my opinion a good deal. Better negotiators can probably go lower but most would do worse. Like @stever mentioned, dealers in a few parts of the country seem to offer prices below this but not in Texas!