Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Ford F-150 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

Hi! Looking at XLT and a Lariat SuperCrew. would be a 4x2 and purchased in Texas while I live in Arizona. Any RV or MF on that? Also would be looking at 36month/10k miles

Don't lease in Texas. Sales tax is applied to the entire selling price. Arizona only taxes the monthly payment.

58% and 3.25% in AZ.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• johnrambojedijohnrambojedi Member Posts: 7
    Thank you! With how much i travel for work, I can basically lease in any state, which is the best state to lease a Lariat or XLT SyperCrew 2016?
  • 3putt4me3putt4me Member Posts: 19
    One more Seattle Area Question: Residual and MF for 36/12 on the 2016 Super Crew King Ranch.

Thanks,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123

Thank you! With how much i travel for work, I can basically lease in any state, which is the best state to lease a Lariat or XLT SyperCrew 2016?

It won't matter where you lease, as long as you can pickup the car, without paying sales tax in that state. The leasing company will collect sales tax for your home state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ok great! Which states have the best RV and MF on a 2016 SuperCrew Lariat for 36 months and 10k miles?
    3putt4me said:

One more Seattle Area Question: Residual and MF for 36/12 on the 2016 Super Crew King Ranch.

Thanks,

All SuperCrew trim levels have the same numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Ok great! Which states have the best RV and MF on a 2016 SuperCrew Lariat for 36 months and 10k miles?

Residuals are national.

Not sure that you can cherry pick your state in which to originate the lease based on the MF. You'll still have to have it registered to your home address, which would dictate the MF to be used.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kyfdx said:

It won't matter where you lease, as long as you can pickup the car, without paying sales tax in that state. The leasing company will collect sales tax for your home state.
    Ok, Sorry for being so dense here, first time leasing. Really trying to understand my options and how to get the best deal. Basically, a long time friend of mine works at a very large Ford dealership in Texas. He can get me the best deals on MSRP. I live in AZ, but travel a lot for work, so picking up the Truck would be no problem. If I leased through him, would I have to pay taxes up front and out of pocket since his dealership is in Texas? Or would I not pay the taxes up front and have them rolled into the monthly payment because the Truck will be registered and owned in Arizona? Thank you guys so much for all the insight and clarity

kyfdx said:

Ok, Sorry for being so dense here, first time leasing. Really trying to understand my options and how to get the best deal. Basically, a long time friend of mine works at a very large Ford dealership in Texas. He can get me the best deals on MSRP. I live in AZ, but travel a lot for work, so picking up the Truck would be no problem. If I leased through him, would I have to pay taxes up front and out of pocket since his dealership is in Texas? Or would I not pay the taxes up front and have them rolled into the monthly payment because the Truck will be registered and owned in Arizona? Thank you guys so much for all the insight and clarity
    Probably best to research this with the departments of revenue in both states.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Out of curiosity, What is the RV and MF for the 4x2 2016 F150 Lariat SuperCrew in Texas?

Out of curiosity, What is the RV and MF for the 4x2 2016 F150 Lariat SuperCrew in Texas?

2.25% APR and 55% residual for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

And for the same thing but 36/10?

And for the same thing but 36/10?

58% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• freezingcoldfreezingcold Member Posts: 9
    2016 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4. 36 month, 15k per yr. Do you have MF, residual for MN? I'm getting different quotes from every dealer I ask lol.

2016 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4. 36 month, 15k per yr. Do you have MF, residual for MN? I'm getting different quotes from every dealer I ask lol.

1.75% APR and 57% residual.
    $1250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• johnsnowjohnsnow Member Posts: 61
    Hi, can I get the MF and RES for a 36/10.5 lease on a crew cab xlt 2wd in Florida? Thanks.
    johnsnow said:

Hi, can I get the MF and RES for a 36/10.5 lease on a crew cab xlt 2wd in Florida? Thanks.

58% and 3.25%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• truckguy21truckguy21 Member Posts: 12
    I live in SC and have been getting quotes on a 3 year lease at 10k miles per year on 4x4 Supercrew Lariats with MSRP's in the $55k range. No money down and no trade. The payments I have been quoted are consistently in the $700 range. Are those numbers in the ballpark, seems high to me?

I live in SC and have been getting quotes on a 3 year lease at 10k miles per year on 4x4 Supercrew Lariats with MSRP's in the $55k range. No money down and no trade. The payments I have been quoted are consistently in the $700 range. Are those numbers in the ballpark, seems high to me?

Depends on the amount of discount you are getting from sticker. You want to negotiate the price just like you would if you are buying.

MF is pretty high on the SuperCrew, which doesn't help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jared_m_hjared_m_h Member Posts: 10
    Can I get the MF & residual on 4x4 XLT Crew Cab 10.5k/3yr in South Dakota? Is there any lease cash/incentives and does the engine matter (2.7/3.5L V6)? thanks!
    jared_m_h said:

Can I get the MF & residual on 4x4 XLT Crew Cab 10.5k/3yr in South Dakota? Is there any lease cash/incentives and does the engine matter (2.7/3.5L V6)? thanks!

jared_m_h said:

60% and 1.75%. $1250 lease cash.

Engine choice does not change these numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vmorel1vmorel1 Member Posts: 3
    Would you mind giving me the MF/RES for a 2016 and 2017 supercrew 4x4 for 24/36mo 10.5k in Mississippi? Thank so much!
    vmorel1 said:

Would you mind giving me the MF/RES for a 2016 and 2017 supercrew 4x4 for 24/36mo 10.5k in Mississippi? Thank so much!

2.25% APR and 65%/60% residual.

2017 discussion is here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/43462/ford/f-150/2017-ford-f-150-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jackson34jackson34 Member Posts: 34
    What is the residual and money factor for a 2016 4X4 XLT and Lariat supercrew cab 10k lease 75098.
    jackson34 said:

What is the residual and money factor for a 2016 4X4 XLT and Lariat supercrew cab 10k lease 75098.

57% and 2.25% for both trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jackson34jackson34 Member Posts: 34
    2.25% for 36 and 39 month lease?
    jackson34 said:

2.25% for 36 and 39 month lease?

2.25% for 36 months; 2.50% for 39 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited December 2016
    Can you tell me if this is bad lease offer in SD? They are quoting $417 including tax on a F150 Sport Crew 4x4.

MRSP: $46,680
    Best Price: $42,069
    Trade in Equity: $327
    Other Costs/doc/license: $309
    Residual: $29,132
    South Dakota Sales Tax 4%

Thanks for reviewing because I think I messed up the calc on my own. Cheers.

36 Month / 10.5k
    jared_m_h said:

Can you tell me if this is bad lease offer in SD? They are quoting $417 including tax on a F150 Sport Crew 4x4.

36 Month / 10.5k

How much is due at signing?

Looks really cheap, depending.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

jared_m_h said:

36 Month / 10.5k

First payment due at signing is all.
  • jcat009jcat009 Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2016
    Possible to get numbers on a 2016 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab, 36/12 in RI (7% sales tax). MSRP 51,775 (on an XLT....sheesh)...Sell price around 39k, probable cap would be around $41k.
    jcat009 said:

Possible to get numbers on a 2016 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab, 36/12 in RI (7% sales tax). MSRP 51,775 (on an XLT....sheesh)...Sell price around 39k, probable cap would be around $41k.

59% and 1.75%. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jcat009jcat009 Member Posts: 28
    you guys rock, thank you!
    jared_m_h said:

kyfdx said:

jared_m_h said:

36 Month / 10.5k

First payment due at signing is all.
    Looks really cheap. I'd grab it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jimmybradyjimmybrady Member Posts: 106
    Can I get the numbers for a 2016 f-150 supercrew 4x4 xlt. 24/10k. Michigan

Can I get the numbers for a 2016 f-150 supercrew 4x4 xlt. 24/10k. Michigan

64% and .50%. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• torifile1torifile1 Member Posts: 9
    Can I get rates for 2016 XLT super crew in North Carolina? Thanks!
    torifile1 said:
    For 15k miles, that is. 
  • nymountainmannymountainman Member Posts: 3
    Hi folks! Looking for the current MF and Res for the 2016 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 2.7L V6 EcoBoost.

As per http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2016/incentives/, Ford is currently offering a pretty compelling $229/mo. for 24 mos. with $3989 due at signing. This includes $3550 in incentives ($1250 customer cash + $2k bonus cash + $300 for the ecoboost).

Question 1: Any advice on the MF and Res this correlates to? I'm in NY state, and this offer was for 10.5k miles.

Question 2: What is the impact of extending to 15k miles per year? Taking 2% off the Res a fair approximation?

Thanks in advance! Seems like an aggressive offer from Ford, and want to be prepared when walking into the dealer later this week.
    torifile1 said:

torifile1 said:

For 15k miles, that is. 

What lease term?

4x2 or 4x4?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi folks! Looking for the current MF and Res for the 2016 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 2.7L V6 EcoBoost.

As per http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2016/incentives/, Ford is currently offering a pretty compelling $229/mo. for 24 mos. with $3989 due at signing. This includes $3550 in incentives ($1250 customer cash + $2k bonus cash + $300 for the ecoboost).

Question 1: Any advice on the MF and Res this correlates to? I'm in NY state, and this offer was for 10.5k miles.

Question 2: What is the impact of extending to 15k miles per year? Taking 2% off the Res a fair approximation?

Thanks in advance! Seems like an aggressive offer from Ford, and want to be prepared when walking into the dealer later this week.

1. 65% residual for 24/10.5K; no specific MF for the NY region.
    2. 3% delta in residual between 10.5K and 15K

Looking at that offer, the $5K is required up front and would add over $200/mo to the lease payment. That's in addition to the incentives.

And, you should be able to negotiate a better selling price than what's offered. I'm sure there is some dealer "contribution" in the ad payment, but not as much as you could get on your own.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    torifile1 said:
    For 15k miles, that is. 
    What lease term? 4x2 or 4x4?
    Jeez. I can't believe I forgot to put that stuff. 4x4, 36 months. 
    Michaell said:

Looking at that offer, the $5K is required up front and would add over $200/mo to the lease payment. That's in addition to the incentives.

And, you should be able to negotiate a better selling price than what's offered. I'm sure there is some dealer "contribution" in the ad payment, but not as much as you could get on your own.

Michaell,

Thank you, sir!

Yeah...regarding the money due at signing...more than I'd be looking to do ideally, but still consistent with my mid-$400 average monthly lease target (if it is possible to come close to ad terms).

Those additional 4.5k miles are pretty costly at 3% ;)

In terms of MF, I'd have to imagine that the advertised figure is lower that a fairly conservative 5.5% APR equivalent (I've seen other dealers advertise 3.6% APR around NY, for instance), so I'll try modeling it a bit lower than that prior to meeting with the dealer.

Confusing thing about that ad is that there are local dealers here in NY offering huge discounts on 2016 models right now, such as $8855 off a $46935 MSRP (e.g. http://www.vanbortelford.net/new/Ford/2016-Ford-F-150-21d041d00a0e0adf3e0eb2a53b963b22.htm). I don't know if all those discounts would be applicable to a lease vs. a buy, but I'm hoping to use that as negotiating leverage to get that cap cost down.

Appreciate it!
    torifile1 said:

Michaell said:

torifile1 said:

torifile1 said:

For 15k miles, that is. 
    What lease term?

4x2 or 4x4?

57% and 2.25%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

torifile1 said:

Michaell said:

torifile1 said:

torifile1 said:

For 15k miles, that is. 
    What lease term?

4x2 or 4x4?

2.25% APR and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

Michaell,

Thank you, sir!

Yeah...regarding the money due at signing...more than I'd be looking to do ideally, but still consistent with my mid-$400 average monthly lease target (if it is possible to come close to ad terms).

In terms of MF, I'd have to imagine that the advertised figure is lower that a fairly conservative 5.5% APR equivalent (I've seen other dealers advertise 3.6% APR around NY, for instance), so I'll try modeling it a bit lower than that prior to meeting with the dealer.

Confusing thing about that ad is that there are local dealers here in NY offering huge discounts on 2016 models right now, such as $8855 off a $46935 MSRP (e.g. http://www.vanbortelford.net/new/Ford/2016-Ford-F-150-21d041d00a0e0adf3e0eb2a53b963b22.htm). I don't know if all those discounts would be applicable to a lease vs. a buy, but I'm hoping to use that as negotiating leverage to get that cap cost down.

Appreciate it!
    The incentives for a purchase are much different than those for a lease - so, don't expect the ~ $9K discount as advertised.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell,

Thank you, sir!

Appreciate it!
    That's 9000 miles extra on a 2-year lease for 3%.

If leasing for three years, it's 13,500 extra mile for 3% (the math starts working in your favor, then)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ejendz24ejendz24 Member Posts: 19
    Could I get the MF/Res for 2017 F150 supercrew XLT 4x4 in MN (36/15k)? Thanks!
    Michaell said:

The incentives for a purchase are much different than those for a lease - so, don't expect the ~ $9K discount as advertised.

Thanks for pointing that out! New to this whole leasing business...its definitely a more complex financial product that an "old school" auto loan, in my view ;)
    kyfdx said:

That's 9000 miles extra on a 2-year lease for 3%.

If leasing for three years, it's 13,500 extra mile for 3% (the math starts working in your favor, then)

Excellent point! I hadn't run the numbers prior to making my complaint about the 3%, but I just ran the numbers (based on my projected F-150 lease terms) and I see:

- An extra 3% residual to cover 4.5k more miles per year will cost me about $678 per year
    - Paying $0.20 for those 4.5k more miles per year (at lease end) will cost me $900 per year.

Double both those numbers to cover a 24 month term, and 9k total miles, and the delta is $444 less out of pocket for the 3% residual hit.

So, indeed, the 3% looks to be fairly decent.

Thanks for your input, guys.

ejendz24 said:

Could I get the MF/Res for 2017 F150 supercrew XLT 4x4 in MN (36/15k)? Thanks!

The 2017 F-150 discussion can be found here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/43462/ford/f-150/2017-ford-f-150-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator