Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 VW Passat Lease Questions

1235710

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    btonic007 said:

    Hi,
    I'm in NJ and have a lease quote for a 2016 R line with Comfort package as follows...
    12K miles - 36 months
    MSRP - 25970
    Sale price - 22701
    Inception fees (1st month, bank fee, registration, etc) -1000
    Monthly - $275

    Please let me know your thoughts. I'm thinking it should be more around $250/month.

    Appreciate your help...

    Thanks

    .00001 and 49%

    With the prices you've given, I get $277/mo.

    What is the adjusted cap cost? Where is the acquisition fee?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Hi,
    Cap cost is 22,701. Not sure of acquisition fee but wanted to check to see if this was a good deal or not. I was thinking the deal would be sweet if i could be at 250/month with 0 fees at signing.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    btonic007 said:

    Hi,
    Cap cost is 22,701. Not sure of acquisition fee but wanted to check to see if this was a good deal or not. I was thinking the deal would be sweet if i could be at 250/month with 0 fees at signing.

    Not a bad deal, but I don't think the $1000 up front is covering all the costs. I'd confirm with the dealer.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • singhsarsinghsar Posts: 5
    I am Nevada Las Vegas. In the market to lease a Passat 1.8se w technology dealer asking price is 29630.00 and reduced price is 26649.00 I am looking to lease it for 36 months and 10k per year I need to know cap cost and residual also at that price does the VW bonus is included or excluded? And is there a room to negotiate? I am thinking of putting down 2k. Thank you.. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    singhsar said:

    I am Nevada Las Vegas. In the market to lease a Passat 1.8se w technology dealer asking price is 29630.00 and reduced price is 26649.00 I am looking to lease it for 36 months and 10k per year I need to know cap cost and residual also at that price does the VW bonus is included or excluded? And is there a room to negotiate? I am thinking of putting down 2k. Thank you.. 

    .00001 MF and 50% residual. $2000 lease cash.

    We can't tell you what's in the dealer's quote. You'd have to ask them. The $2000 lease cash is certainly already accounted for, as that is a dealer incentive.

    1st payment and government fees is all that I ever put upfront on a lease. Why put up more? The rate is nearly zero.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • singhsarsinghsar Posts: 5
    Thank you for the reply KYFDX yet it doesn't answer the question on what my monthly payment should be. And is that the final price or is there a room for negotiation. And 50% residual is on 12k per year not on 10k so I am trying to figure out if that info is correct? 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    singhsar said:

    Thank you for the reply KYFDX yet it doesn't answer the question on what my monthly payment should be. And is that the final price or is there a room for negotiation. And 50% residual is on 12k per year not on 10k so I am trying to figure out if that info is correct? 

    49% is the 36/12 residual. With your prices, I get $337/mo before tax.

    We don't track selling prices.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    singhsar said:

    Thank you for the reply KYFDX yet it doesn't answer the question on what my monthly payment should be. And is that the final price or is there a room for negotiation. And 50% residual is on 12k per year not on 10k so I am trying to figure out if that info is correct? 

    Also.. you didn't ask for a payment in your original question.. just saying. :)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • calilyovcalilyov Posts: 28
    Hello, will you please post (when available) May residual and MF for 2016 R line with Comfort package for SoCal - 10k and 12k for 36 months. Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    calilyov said:

    Hello, will you please post (when available) May residual and MF for 2016 R line with Comfort package for SoCal - 10k and 12k for 36 months. Thank you!

    Current VW numbers expire today, 5/2/16.

    36/12 Passat R-Line - .00001 and 49%. $2000 lease cash.

    Add 1% for 10K

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jennyjenjennyjen Posts: 67
    Hello, can you please post (when available) May residual and MF for 2016 Passat R line for NJ - 10k and 12k for 24/36 months. Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    jennyjen said:

    Hello, can you please post (when available) May residual and MF for 2016 Passat R line for NJ - 10k and 12k for 24/36 months. Thank you!

    .00020 and 48% (36/12) or 55% (24/12). Add 1% for 10K. $3000 lease cash.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • quattro5quattro5 Posts: 32
    can you provide the Passat S and SE numbers and lease cash for a 36/10? Louisiana. thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    quattro5 said:

    can you provide the Passat S and SE numbers and lease cash for a 36/10? Louisiana. thanks

    .00020 and 49%. $3000 lease cash. Both trims.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jennyjenjennyjen Posts: 67
    edited May 2016
    Michaell said:

    jennyjen said:

    Hello, can you please post (when available) May residual and MF for 2016 Passat R line for NJ - 10k and 12k for 24/36 months. Thank you!

    .00020 and 48% (36/12) or 55% (24/12). Add 1% for 10K. $3000 lease cash.
    Great help thanks
  • nolarebelnolarebel Posts: 18
    edited May 2016
    Can you post 12k and 15k for 36mos for a S and SE for South Florida? What's the lease cash in S. FL?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    nolarebel said:

    Can you post 12k and 15k for 36mos for a S and SE for South Florida? What's the lease cash in S. FL?

    36/15 - .00020 and 46%. $3000 lease cash. Both trims.

    Add 2% for 12K

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Hi Michaell, could you provide res. and MF numbers for a 2016 Passat S ($23,260 msrp) and R-Line ($24,795 msrp) models in Southern California (92881 zip) for 24/12k and 36/12k as well as lease cash? I just called a dealership and they told me it's $1,999 but I'm seeing you post $3,000 for others, I don't want to assume it's a regional thing.

    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963

    Hi Michaell, could you provide res. and MF numbers for a 2016 Passat S ($23,260 msrp) and R-Line ($24,795 msrp) models in Southern California (92881 zip) for 24/12k and 36/12k as well as lease cash? I just called a dealership and they told me it's $1,999 but I'm seeing you post $3,000 for others, I don't want to assume it's a regional thing.

    Thanks!

    .00020 and 48% for 36/12 on both trims. 24/12 residual is 55%

    Lease cash is $3000 - this is a factory to dealer incentive, and the dealer can choose to pass all, some or none of it along to the customer. Guess the dealer you contacted wants to keep some for themselves.

    Might be best to reach out to other dealers - it's not like they are scarce in SoCal.

    VW numbers are national.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • smythtssmythts Posts: 6
    Could I please get help with the residual and MF for a 2016 Passat S and SE for the Virginia Beach, VA area? Looking at 36m/10k or 36m/12k. Thanks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    smythts said:

    Could I please get help with the residual and MF for a 2016 Passat S and SE for the Virginia Beach, VA area? Looking at 36m/10k or 36m/12k. Thanks in advance!

    .00020 and 49% / 48%. $3000 lease cash. Both trims.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • chrislschrisls Ventura County, CAPosts: 4
    I have a general question about leasing a 2016 Passat SE. Typically, there's about $1500-$2000 in reduction off MSRP when negotiating this car. Currently, there is a $3000 factory-to-dealer lease incentive. Is it ridiculous to be expecting both these discounts when leasing? I've spoken to a couple dealerships and they are either retaining some of that $3000 for themselves--efffectively selling the car for OVER sticker. Or they are passing that entire $3000 along to me, which means they are selling the car AT sticker. When speaking to salespeople and fleet managers, they are almost incensed at the notion that I would expect to get that entire incentive ALONG with a regular negotiated discount.

    Am I insane or are they?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    chrisls said:

    I have a general question about leasing a 2016 Passat SE. Typically, there's about $1500-$2000 in reduction off MSRP when negotiating this car. Currently, there is a $3000 factory-to-dealer lease incentive. Is it ridiculous to be expecting both these discounts when leasing? I've spoken to a couple dealerships and they are either retaining some of that $3000 for themselves--efffectively selling the car for OVER sticker. Or they are passing that entire $3000 along to me, which means they are selling the car AT sticker. When speaking to salespeople and fleet managers, they are almost incensed at the notion that I would expect to get that entire incentive ALONG with a regular negotiated discount.

    Am I insane or are they?

    There is only about $1000 difference in MSRP and invoice. The advertised lease deals assume a discount of about $620, in addition to the $3000.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kimmy23kimmy23 Posts: 10
    Can you please share the residual, MF, and lease incentives for the Passat SE 4 cylinder for 15k miles & 36 month lease? Thank you. 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    kimmy23 said:

    Can you please share the residual, MF, and lease incentives for the Passat SE 4 cylinder for 15k miles & 36 month lease? Thank you. 
    .00020 and 46%. $3000 lease cash.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jbindenjbinden Posts: 7
    I'm looking for residual, money factor and lease incentives for Passat SE 1.8T models in Denver, CO.

    Terms 24/12k and 36/12k
    MSRP is either 27420 or 27520 depending on the particular stock #.

    I don't want to pay an upfront cap cost $1k or $2 as the dealer has offered. What would payments be on a "1st payment + fees" deal? Tax rate is 7.65 here.

    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,963
    jbinden said:

    I'm looking for residual, money factor and lease incentives for Passat SE 1.8T models in Denver, CO.

    Terms 24/12k and 36/12k
    MSRP is either 27420 or 27520 depending on the particular stock #.

    I don't want to pay an upfront cap cost $1k or $2 as the dealer has offered. What would payments be on a "1st payment + fees" deal? Tax rate is 7.65 here.

    Thanks!

    .00020 and 48% (36/12) or 55% (24/12). $3000 lease cash.

    Need to know the selling price / adjusted cap cost in order to figure a payment.

    What dealer are you working with?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • quattro5quattro5 Posts: 32
    can i get 36/10 info on Passat S and SE in Louisiana? thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    quattro5 said:

    can i get 36/10 info on Passat S and SE in Louisiana? thanks

    .00020 MF and 49% residual. $3000 lease cash.

    On either model.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jbindenjbinden Posts: 7
    Primarily working with Emich VW, though Larry H. Miller also wants to win the sale. Attached is the offer sheet from Emich. I have an old car to trade in for which they're offering $1500. Should I ask for a cash out on the trade, rather than roll that into the lease calculations? That seems like a good move to me, otherwise it's like treating the trade as an extra $1500 cash down from my pocket.



    Michaell said:

    jbinden said:

    I'm looking for residual, money factor and lease incentives for Passat SE 1.8T models in Denver, CO.

    Terms 24/12k and 36/12k
    MSRP is either 27420 or 27520 depending on the particular stock #.

    I don't want to pay an upfront cap cost $1k or $2 as the dealer has offered. What would payments be on a "1st payment + fees" deal? Tax rate is 7.65 here.

    Thanks!

    .00020 and 48% (36/12) or 55% (24/12). $3000 lease cash.

    Need to know the selling price / adjusted cap cost in order to figure a payment.

    What dealer are you working with?
Sign In or Register to comment.