Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 VW Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• mantech1mantech1 Posts: 50
    Just want to confirm that the 49% depreciation is based of MSRP and not the gross capitalized cost (agreed upon value of the vehicle). Is this right? Can someone provide me with a sample for what a VW lease agreement should look like. Thanks in advance
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    mantech1 said:

Just want to confirm that the 49% depreciation is based of MSRP and not the gross capitalized cost (agreed upon value of the vehicle). Is this right? Can someone provide me with a sample for what a VW lease agreement should look like. Thanks in advance

Yes. Residual percentage is always applied to the MSRP (bottom line of the government sticker).

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Yes. Residual percentage is always applied to the MSRP (bottom line of the government sticker).
    Is the 2000 dealer cash applicable towards a finance offer as well?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,462
    mantech1 said:

kyfdx said:

mantech1 said:

Is the 2000 dealer cash applicable towards a finance offer as well?

Don't know ... use the "car research" tab to link to current customer incentives.

The lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive for leases.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• uthumveeuthumvee Posts: 28
    I know it's just the first day of April but has VW updated their numbers for this month? Looking specifically at the R-Line; 3 and 4 year lease. 12k.

Thanks
    uthumvee said:

I know it's just the first day of April but has VW updated their numbers for this month? Looking specifically at the R-Line; 3 and 4 year lease. 12k.

Thanks

Current VW numbers are valid until Monday, 4/4/16.

36/12 - .00001 and 49%
    48/12 - .00050 and 42%

$2000 lease cash

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Hey everyone. Thanks for your help! I was able to lease a 2016 Passat SE with lighting package under the following terms:
    MSRP:$28,885
    Negotiated Price includes all incentives:$23,015
    Money Factor:.00001
    Term: 12/36
    Payment: $298.15
    Drive off: $0.00

I think this was a sweet deal. Curious to hear your thoughts! Thanks again!!
    Michaell said:

uthumvee said:

Thanks

Current VW numbers are valid until Monday, 4/4/16.

36/12 - .00001 and 49%
    48/12 - .00050 and 42%

$2000 lease cash
    Thank you.
    mantech1 said:

Hey everyone. Thanks for your help! I was able to lease a 2016 Passat SE with lighting package under the following terms:
    MSRP:$28,885
    Negotiated Price includes all incentives:$23,015
    Money Factor:.00001
    Term: 12/36
    Payment: $298.15
    Drive off: $0.00

I think this was a sweet deal. Curious to hear your thoughts! Thanks again!!

Sweet deal!

Congrats and enjoy the new Passat, and thanks for posting your deal details with us.

edited April 2016
    April numbers for R-line with comfort package? 36/48 and 10,000 miles. Thanks.
    uthumvee said:

36/10 - .00001 and 50%
    48/10 - .00050 and 43%

$2000 lease cash

Michaell said:

uthumvee said:

36/10 - .00001 and 50%
    48/10 - .00050 and 43%

$2000 lease cash
    Thank you.
  • pblx5pblx5 Posts: 36
    Can you please provide April MF, RV and incentives/lease cash for the Passat SE with Technology? 36 months/10K and 12K miles, unless there is an interval that offers better terms. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    pblx5 said:

Can you please provide April MF, RV and incentives/lease cash for the Passat SE with Technology? 36 months/10K and 12K miles, unless there is an interval that offers better terms. Thanks!

.00001 MF and 50%/49% residual. $2000 lease cash

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chovw24chovw24 Posts: 3
    Hello. Please provide April MF, RV and incentives/lease cash for Passat SE 36 months/15k. Thanks!
    chovw24 said:

Hello. Please provide April MF, RV and incentives/lease cash for Passat SE 36 months/15k. Thanks!

.00001 and 47%. $2000 lease cash

• frankavellifrankavelli Posts: 13
    edited April 2016
    Could I have the residual and MF for a Passat SE with lighting package for 36/15k in NC plus incentives. Thanks. 

Also the r line with same terms

Could I have the residual and MF for a Passat SE with lighting package for 36/15k in NC plus incentives. Thanks. 

Also the r line with same terms

.00001 and 47% for both trims, and $2000 lease cash.

• pblx5pblx5 Posts: 36
    Thanks for the info! We had a couple of dealers that would not offer anyplace close to that money factor. Also, to our surprise, we did not have that many dealers willing to negotiate on price via email and phone. We have had much more success with that with other brands in the past. But, with 3 kiddos, we were not driving from dealership to dealership. Nonetheless, I think we did ok. We picked up our new Passat SE w/Technology yesterday.

MSRP: 29875
    Selling Price incl all incentives ($1250 promo + $2000 lease cash) etc: 23,936
    MF - .00001 and Residual 50%
    $299/month 36/10.
    We paid $0 at signing.
    We rolled tax, tags and lease inception fee into the lease ($1750 - includes tax on full cost of car).

They also paid the 1st month's payment on this vehicle ($299) and the last payment on our prior lease ($385), so another $650+ in value.

pblx5 said:

Thanks for the info! We had a couple of dealers that would not offer anyplace close to that money factor. Also, to our surprise, we did not have that many dealers willing to negotiate on price via email and phone. We have had much more success with that with other brands in the past. But, with 3 kiddos, we were not driving from dealership to dealership. Nonetheless, I think we did ok. We picked up our new Passat SE w/Technology yesterday.

MSRP: 29875
    Selling Price incl all incentives ($1250 promo + $2000 lease cash) etc: 23,936
    MF - .00001 and Residual 50%
    $299/month 36/10.
    We paid $0 at signing.
    We rolled tax, tags and lease inception fee into the lease ($1750 - includes tax on full cost of car).

They also paid the 1st month's payment on this vehicle ($299) and the last payment on our prior lease ($385), so another $650+ in value.

$299/mo with tax calculated against the entire selling price? I think you did very well.

Congrats and enjoy the new Passat!

• Could you please provide MF, RV for 2016 1.8T SEL? Also - on the lease cash you're quoting, could you explain that? Is that in lieu of other offers? Sorry for the rudimentary question, just want to be prepared at the dealer. Thanks for your help! 
  • wutburger said:
    Could you please provide MF, RV for 2016 1.8T SEL? Also - on the lease cash you're quoting, could you explain that? Is that in lieu of other offers? Sorry for the rudimentary question, just want to be prepared at the dealer. Thanks for your help! 
    Sorry - 36 month at 10k mileage 
    wutburger said:

wutburger said:

Could you please provide MF, RV for 2016 1.8T SEL? Also - on the lease cash you're quoting, could you explain that? Is that in lieu of other offers? Sorry for the rudimentary question, just want to be prepared at the dealer. Thanks for your help! 

Sorry - 36 month at 10k mileage 

.00001 and 50%. $2000 lease cash.

• I see a "Safety in Numbers" rebate of 1250 for the passat. Is this in addition to the 2000 lease cash?

I see a "Safety in Numbers" rebate of 1250 for the passat. Is this in addition to the 2000 lease cash?

No information on incentives other than the lease cash; don't know if they stack or not.

• Just for other people's reference here is the best offer I have received so far:

2016 Passat R Line with Comfort and Lighting Packages.

36 Months 15k miles per year

Sign and drive ($0 out of pocket upfront)

299/mo. This is in North Carolina.

Unfortunately I do not have all of the specifics of the number breakdowns, but I just wanted to help any potential shoppers who are looking for a price range for reference. Will report back when I hear from other dealers.
  • ChrismaxChrismax Posts: 73
    @frankavelli-would be curious to see their numbers, that seems on the high side to me. Im in IL. and there are dealers quoting in the $21,5 to $22K range for the same car
  • @ccorcoran ...Yeah my numbers put me at about 274 a month when I calculated with tax and fees included based on a sale price of about 23k .... I emailed another dealer with that quote and asked them if they could beat it. He asked me what I wanted to pay, he seemed eager to sell. I offered 270 per month  all in ...waiting on his response. 
    Michaell said:
    I see a "Safety in Numbers" rebate of 1250 for the passat. Is this in addition to the 2000 lease cash?
    No information on incentives other than the lease cash; don't know if they stack or not.
    They did for me.  Also I would find out if your employer is part of the Volkswagen partners program
  • Hi,
    I'm in NJ and have a lease quote for a 2016 R line with Comfort package as follows...
    12K miles - 36 months
    MSRP - 25970
    Sale price - 22701
    Inception fees (1st month, bank fee, registration, etc) -1000
    Monthly - $275

Please let me know your thoughts. I'm thinking it should be more around $250/month.

Appreciate your help...

Thanks