Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Kia Sportage Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• cavedyvrcavedyvr Member Posts: 9
    Michaell said:

cavedyvr said:

Good Morning gentlemen! I humbly request MF and residual value on a Sportage sx (turbo) in Ralegh NC. Also would I benefit from MSD? My credit is 714-750 depending om what scoring model the dealership useses. Any words of wisdom to impart on me before I sit down to negotiate? any and All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Eric

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Kia does not have an MSD program.

Negotiate the price and make sure the MF isn't marked up.
    Oops, sorry!
    24m/12k
    36m/12k

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    cavedyvr said:

Michaell said:

cavedyvr said:

Good Morning gentlemen! I humbly request MF and residual value on a Sportage sx (turbo) in Ralegh NC. Also would I benefit from MSD? My credit is 714-750 depending om what scoring model the dealership useses. Any words of wisdom to impart on me before I sit down to negotiate? any and All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Eric

Oops, sorry!
    24m/12k
    36m/12k

Thanks!
    Assuming FWD:

.00089 MF and 66% residual. $1500 lease cash
    .00126 MF and 61% residual. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

cavedyvr said:

Michaell said:

cavedyvr said:

Thanks,
    Eric

Oops, sorry!
    24m/12k
    36m/12k

Thanks!
    Assuming FWD:

What would AWD be please? Also what tier credit is the MF?

Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,979
    cavedyvr said:

kyfdx said:

cavedyvr said:

Michaell said:

cavedyvr said:

Thanks,
    Eric

Oops, sorry!
    24m/12k
    36m/12k

Thanks!
    Assuming FWD:

What would AWD be please? Also what tier credit is the MF?

Thanks!
    .00118 and 68%. $1500 lease cash
    .00138 and 63%. $500 lease cash

700+ score for these MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• belfattobelfatto Member Posts: 49
    Can I have the money factor, lease cash, and residual value for a 2017 Kia Sportage EX with tech and premium package? 36/12k for Buffalo NY.

Tier #1 credit
    Tier #2 credit

Also are there additional presidents day incentives or auto show?
    belfatto said:

Can I have the money factor, lease cash, and residual value for a 2017 Kia Sportage EX with tech and premium package? 36/12k for Buffalo NY.

Tier #1 credit
    Tier #2 credit

Also are there additional presidents day incentives or auto show?

Assuming AWD, .00104 and 63%. $500 lease cash.

These numbers are good for tiers 1-3 - anything above 700 score.

We don't have any mid-month updates to these numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• dgibson9503dgibson9503 Member Posts: 50
    Does anyone know the residual and money factor for a 36/10k lease on a 2017 Kia Sportage SX AWD in North Carolina with a 700+ credit score?

Does anyone know the residual and money factor for a 36/10k lease on a 2017 Kia Sportage SX AWD in North Carolina with a 700+ credit score?

.00138 and 64%. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thought I'd share my recent visit to a local dealership yesderday evening. Thanks to Michaell I was deemed the most informed leasee they have encountered according to the sales manager!! Thanks Michaell!
    Went with Cherry Black/Light grey interior SX. The light grey is actually accents, mostly black leather.

The sales manager very briefly attempted his game and I went straight to my research via Edmunds.com. I had to just tell him MF and residual. He asked where I got it, lol. A friend in the industry I said. Final figures I got the Sportage SX for 31000, .00089 MF, 66% residual and $1500 lease cash on a 24/12 lease. I wasted an hour of my life but it was worth it. The final worksheet I needed to sign, I got the "do we have a deal" if I sign it. I calmly said no...... I wanted the Tow package added at no cost. Salesperson (what a saint and accomodating) looked at me like I was crazy but took the sheet to the sales manager. Took all of 3 minutes to get approved! :)

Again, thank you Michaell and Edmunds for preparing me for my encounter. I handled it like a boss due to your help! Never once did they come off their heels on this deal. I was in control from word one!!
    cavedyvr said:

Thought I'd share my recent visit to a local dealership yesderday evening. Thanks to Michaell I was deemed the most informed leasee they have encountered according to the sales manager!! Thanks Michaell!
    Went with Cherry Black/Light grey interior SX. The light grey is actually accents, mostly black leather.

The sales manager very briefly attempted his game and I went straight to my research via Edmunds.com. I had to just tell him MF and residual. He asked where I got it, lol. A friend in the industry I said. Final figures I got the Sportage SX for 31000, .00089 MF, 66% residual and $1500 lease cash on a 24/12 lease. I wasted an hour of my life but it was worth it. The final worksheet I needed to sign, I got the "do we have a deal" if I sign it. I calmly said no...... I wanted the Tow package added at no cost. Salesperson (what a saint and accomodating) looked at me like I was crazy but took the sheet to the sales manager. Took all of 3 minutes to get approved! :)

Again, thank you Michaell and Edmunds for preparing me for my encounter. I handled it like a boss due to your help! Never once did they come off their heels on this deal. I was in control from word one!!

Congrats! I'm a big believer that knowledge is power. Enjoy your new Kia!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dbo1919dbo1919 Member Posts: 5
    I need a little help w/ MF and residuals on 2017 Sportage in Cleveland, OH. 36/10k and 39/10k for LX and EX w/ FWD and AWD. Thank you for the help.
    dbo1919 said:

I need a little help w/ MF and residuals on 2017 Sportage in Cleveland, OH. 36/10k and 39/10k for LX and EX w/ FWD and AWD. Thank you for the help.

36/10
    LX FWD - .00056 and 61%
    LX AWD - .00089 and 64%
    EX FWD - .00096 and 62%
    EX AWD - .00104 and 64%
    $500 lease cash

Subtract 1% from the residual for 39/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• automan822automan822 Member Posts: 83
    Please MF, Res., and lease cash Sportage EX FWD, 36/15, in Los Angeles
    Thanks
  • automan822automan822 Member Posts: 83
    sorry can you do 24/15 also

Thanks

Please MF, Res., and lease cash Sportage EX FWD, 36/15, in Los Angeles
    Thanks

sorry can you do 24/15 also

Thanks

24/15: .00083 MF and 64% residual. $1500 lease cash
    36/15: .00096 MF and 59% residual. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carybuyer5carybuyer5 Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2017
    Great information here! Can I get rv & mf for 36/12 & 39/12 for Sportage EX AWD in NJ for Feb? I have 735 credit score. Trying to snag an end of the month deal. Thanks.

Great information here! Can I get rv & mf for 36/12 & 39/12 for Sportage EX AWD in NJ for Feb? I have 735 credit score. Trying to snag an end of the month deal. Thanks.

.00104 and 63% / 62%

$500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell! I'll let you know how it goes. The dealer I'm working with wasn't offering the $500 lease cash but another dealer close by is offering the lease cashed. More to follow...

Thanks Michaell! I'll let you know how it goes. The dealer I'm working with wasn't offering the $500 lease cash but another dealer close by is offering the lease cashed. More to follow...

Get the dealers to negotiate against each other; that will get you your best price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for your help Michael! Did a lot of reading and research about leasing here. Did what everyone suggested: negotiate between three dealers, wait until the end of the month, walk in at the end of the night, know the factors that go into leasing and don't negotiate based on monthly payment. Went into my second dealership last night at 6 with my research and two other quotes (including price, mf & rv) and the sales manager treated me with no bs. Got a deal I was very happy with in 15 minutes. Thanks a bunch!!

Thanks for your help Michael! Did a lot of reading and research about leasing here. Did what everyone suggested: negotiate between three dealers, wait until the end of the month, walk in at the end of the night, know the factors that go into leasing and don't negotiate based on monthly payment. Went into my second dealership last night at 6 with my research and two other quotes (including price, mf & rv) and the sales manager treated me with no bs. Got a deal I was very happy with in 15 minutes. Thanks a bunch!!

Congrats!

Care to share your deal details with us?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Have the NC numbers changed for March?

Beats me.. Which model, term and mileage, and we'll give you the March numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

SX AWD 10k/yr
    kyfdx said:

SX AWD 10k/yr
    Sorry....SX AWD 3yr 10k/yr

kyfdx said:

SX AWD 10k/yr
    Sorry....SX AWD 3yr 10k/yr

.00157 MF and 66% residual. $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My wife and I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Kia last night. It was a 2017 Hyper Red SX AWD with a $34.3K MSRP, which I had been waiting to arrive at my local dealership. It just arrived at the dealership yesterday. We got the car at $800 under the listed invoice, which was negated by the dealer adds (tint, wheel locks, mud guards and paint protection). With military discount, college grad discount (just finished my MS), $750 lease cash, and $3500 allowance on our trade we came out at a $274/month on a 10K/YR lease with nothing out of pocket. That was with the 0.00157/66 MF and RES mentioned above. Thanks for all the info!

My wife and I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Kia last night. It was a 2017 Hyper Red SX AWD with a $34.3K MSRP, which I had been waiting to arrive at my local dealership. It just arrived at the dealership yesterday. We got the car at $800 under the listed invoice, which was negated by the dealer adds (tint, wheel locks, mud guards and paint protection). With military discount, college grad discount (just finished my MS), $750 lease cash, and $3500 allowance on our trade we came out at a $274/month on a 10K/YR lease with nothing out of pocket. That was with the 0.00157/66 MF and RES mentioned above. Thanks for all the info!

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sns23sns23 Member Posts: 11
    Hello, Can I please get numbers (MF, Rebates, Residual) for March on a 2017 Kia Sportage EX. Los Angeles/Orange County MSA

24/15 & 36/15
    24/12 & 36/12

Thank you in advance, Much appreciated
    sns23 said:

Hello, Can I please get numbers (MF, Rebates, Residual) for March on a 2017 Kia Sportage EX. Los Angeles/Orange County MSA

24/15 & 36/15
    24/12 & 36/12

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sns23sns23 Member Posts: 11
    FWD. Thank you
    kyfdx said:

sns23 said:

24/15 & 36/15
    24/12 & 36/12

FWD or AWD?
    FWD. Thank you

24/12 - .00077 and 68%. $1000 lease cash
    36/12 - .00121 and 63%. $750 lease case

Subtract 2% for 15K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dontknownowdontknownow Member Posts: 43
    Sportage SX AWD
    Top tier credit
    UT
    24/12 - MF and residual, lease cash?
    36/12 - MF and residual, lease cash?
    Figures good through what date? (rep indicated March through end of April?)
    Any competitive cash if owning a competitors SUV?

Thanks!

Sportage SX AWD
    Top tier credit
    UT
    24/12 - MF and residual, lease cash?
    36/12 - MF and residual, lease cash?
    Figures good through what date? (rep indicated March through end of April?)
    Any competitive cash if owning a competitors SUV?

Thanks!

.00107 and 70%. $1000 lease cash
    .00139 and 65%. $750 lease cash

Numbers expire 3 April.

No conquest information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mam1382mam1382 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at the Sportage EX with the premium and technology package and the SX Turbo. Would like numbers for 36/12 for Arizona. Also, any incentives and rebates available I should be aware of? Thanks in advance!
    mam1382 said:

I'm looking at the Sportage EX with the premium and technology package and the SX Turbo. Would like numbers for 36/12 for Arizona. Also, any incentives and rebates available I should be aware of? Thanks in advance!

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mam1382 said:

FWD or AWD?
    FWD
    mam1382 said:

kyfdx said:

mam1382 said:

FWD or AWD?
    FWD
    EX: .00145 MF and 63% residual
    SX: .00143 MF and 63% residual.

$750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mam1382 said:

kyfdx said:

mam1382 said:

FWD or AWD?
    FWD

$750 lease cash
    Awesome Thank you so much. This is valid until the end of March, correct?
    mam1382 said:

kyfdx said:

mam1382 said:

kyfdx said:

mam1382 said:

FWD or AWD?
    FWD

$750 lease cash
    Awesome Thank you so much. This is valid until the end of March, correct?
    Current Kia numbers are set to expire on 3 April.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• m9j5c_1984m9j5c_1984 Member Posts: 82
    May I get the residual, money factor, and any incentives on a SX AWD in DC, 36months/12k?
  • m9j5c_1984m9j5c_1984 Member Posts: 82
    and 24 months/12k too?

May I get the residual, money factor, and any incentives on a SX AWD in DC, 36months/12k?

and 24 months/12k too?

24/12 - .00124 and 70%. $1000 lease cash
    36/12 - .00157 and 65%. $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• prospectivesuvprospectivesuv Member Posts: 25
    Hello,

Just signed up today and have been researching compact SUV's for months now and plan on leasing one this month or next. Depends on best deal I can get but looking at 17 Sportage AWD EX (either plain or w/ premium), AWD LX w/ popular & cool pkgs. (also 16-17 Mazda CX-5 (either Touring or GT if I can get right price) and 17 Honda CR-V EX in mix depending on deals there). I have questions for you guys as I am new to leasing (buying too for that matter).

Will I generally get a better deal in April vs March due to "tax time" sales/incentives?
    I know I can get the MF and residual here for me in IN (probably buy in MI but register in IN), but what do I use for cost? Edmunds TMV? Is that invoice/MSRP? Is that the only thing I can negotiate? Can I negotiate that or am I more stuck with leasing?

I have already been in touch with 3 dealers for each vehicle I am looking at and plan on getting whichever at either the end of this month or next (depending on your recommendations). I have been upfront with each contact as to I am contacting other dealers of this car and dealers of Mazda & Honda and other than the dealer I went to in order to test drive, have only involved them by email to save time for both of us.

How accurate or good is TrueCar as I have used their build a car pricing to get what they claim are best lease rates (can print info and go to TrueCar dealer and they will get close (doesn't look like they guarantee for leases like they do for sales).

What else do I need to know? Monthly payment amounts are a definitely a factor for me, but I don't want to get screwed elsewhere in the mix, like it sounds I could easily be from reading all sorts of "advice" on the net.

I look forward too and appreciate all the help I can get on this so that me and my family get my best possible value.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Hello,

Just signed up today and have been researching compact SUV's for months now and plan on leasing one this month or next. Depends on best deal I can get but looking at 17 Sportage AWD EX (either plain or w/ premium), AWD LX w/ popular & cool pkgs. (also 16-17 Mazda CX-5 (either Touring or GT if I can get right price) and 17 Honda CR-V EX in mix depending on deals there). I have questions for you guys as I am new to leasing (buying too for that matter).

Will I generally get a better deal in April vs March due to "tax time" sales/incentives?
    I know I can get the MF and residual here for me in IN (probably buy in MI but register in IN), but what do I use for cost? Edmunds TMV? Is that invoice/MSRP? Is that the only thing I can negotiate? Can I negotiate that or am I more stuck with leasing?

I have already been in touch with 3 dealers for each vehicle I am looking at and plan on getting whichever at either the end of this month or next (depending on your recommendations). I have been upfront with each contact as to I am contacting other dealers of this car and dealers of Mazda & Honda and other than the dealer I went to in order to test drive, have only involved them by email to save time for both of us.

How accurate or good is TrueCar as I have used their build a car pricing to get what they claim are best lease rates (can print info and go to TrueCar dealer and they will get close (doesn't look like they guarantee for leases like they do for sales).

What else do I need to know? Monthly payment amounts are a definitely a factor for me, but I don't want to get screwed elsewhere in the mix, like it sounds I could easily be from reading all sorts of "advice" on the net.

I look forward too and appreciate all the help I can get on this so that me and my family get my best possible value.

Welcome aboard!

To answer your questions:

1. The current lease programs for Kia expire on 3 April. No insight as to what will happen to the numbers next month, though my guess is that the numbers won't change in a major way.
    2. TMV is an "average" cost for your zip code. Your goal is to beat that average. Yes, negotiate the selling price, even if you are leasing.
    3. Can't help you with TrueCar pricing
    4. Keep an eye out for junk fees. Dealer can also pad the MF for extra profit.

The numbers for MI and IN are the same - what lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2017
    Michaell said:
    Hello, Just signed up today and have been researching compact SUV's for months now and plan on leasing one this month or next. Depends on best deal I can get but looking at 17 Sportage AWD EX (either plain or w/ premium), AWD LX w/ popular & cool pkgs. (also 16-17 Mazda CX-5 (either Touring or GT if I can get right price) and 17 Honda CR-V EX in mix depending on deals there). I have questions for you guys as I am new to leasing (buying too for that matter). Will I generally get a better deal in April vs March due to "tax time" sales/incentives? I know I can get the MF and residual here for me in IN (probably buy in MI but register in IN), but what do I use for cost? Edmunds TMV? Is that invoice/MSRP? Is that the only thing I can negotiate? Can I negotiate that or am I more stuck with leasing? I have already been in touch with 3 dealers for each vehicle I am looking at and plan on getting whichever at either the end of this month or next (depending on your recommendations). I have been upfront with each contact as to I am contacting other dealers of this car and dealers of Mazda & Honda and other than the dealer I went to in order to test drive, have only involved them by email to save time for both of us. How accurate or good is TrueCar as I have used their build a car pricing to get what they claim are best lease rates (can print info and go to TrueCar dealer and they will get close (doesn't look like they guarantee for leases like they do for sales). What else do I need to know? Monthly payment amounts are a definitely a factor for me, but I don't want to get screwed elsewhere in the mix, like it sounds I could easily be from reading all sorts of "advice" on the net. I look forward too and appreciate all the help I can get on this so that me and my family get my best possible value. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
    Welcome aboard! To answer your questions: 1. The current lease programs for Kia expire on 3 April. No insight as to what will happen to the numbers next month, though my guess is that the numbers won't change in a major way. 2. TMV is an "average" cost for your zip code. Your goal is to beat that average. Yes, negotiate the selling price, even if you are leasing. 3. Can't help you with TrueCar pricing 4. Keep an eye out for junk fees. Dealer can also pad the MF for extra profit. The numbers for MI and IN are the same - what lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?
    Kia lists 39 months instead of 36 like everyone else and 12K miles, both EX AWD and LX AWD
    OK so no appreciable difference for tax time every year, just end of year for more favorable rates?
    Any examples of junk fees as I probably couldn't tell them from normal ones?  Also, what are some normal ones? Destination? Acquisition?
    Costco pricing seems similar to TrueCar so no I sight there either?  Probably best to use only as a guideline, huh.  Other sites say dealers have to cut them in if their certificate is used and dealer can meet that price without having to pay them fee if you just mention it.  I'll wing it.
    Any recommendations between the Sportage, cx5, and crv?  All seem pretty good with the Sportage as the best warranty and possibly best price while the cx5 is the best drive, and crv most reliable and feature filled is how I view them.  The deal will probably be the deciding factor...or a coin toss...

Thanks for any help @Michaell and anyone else who wants to chime in

Michaell said:

Hello,

Welcome aboard!

1. The current lease programs for Kia expire on 3 April. No insight as to what will happen to the numbers next month, though my guess is that the numbers won't change in a major way.
    2. TMV is an "average" cost for your zip code. Your goal is to beat that average. Yes, negotiate the selling price, even if you are leasing.

The numbers for MI and IN are the same - what lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

Kia lists 39 months instead of 36 like everyone else and 12K miles, both EX AWD and LX AWD
    OK so no appreciable difference for tax time every year, just end of year for more favorable rates?
    Any examples of junk fees as I probably couldn't tell them from normal ones?  Also, what are some normal ones? Destination? Acquisition?
    Costco pricing seems similar to TrueCar so no I sight there either?  Probably best to use only as a guideline, huh.  Other sites say dealers have to cut them in if their certificate is used and dealer can meet that price without having to pay them fee if you just mention it.  I'll wing it.
    Any recommendations between the Sportage, cx5, and crv?  All seem pretty good with the Sportage as the best warranty and possibly best price while the cx5 is the best drive, and crv most reliable and feature filled is how I view them.  The deal will probably be the deciding factor...or a coin toss...

There are no 39 month numbers from Kia Finance, this month.

36/12 numbers:
    EX AWD - .00129 and 65%
    LX AWD - .00117 and 65%

$750 lease cash

I have only one piece of advice when trying to decide between brands and models - test drive them all and get the one you'll be happiest to live with for the next 36 months.

A good deal isn't so good if you aren't happy with the car you chose.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rupterrupter Member Posts: 69

I've test driven and checked out all three extensively. Either one would be a fine choice but if I had to pick one it would be the Kia Sportage in EX trim with premium package. There are trade offs as far as features with all three models and only you can decide which features and styling of the vehicle that appeals to you.

I've been turned off by the front end of the Sportage. Sometimes I like it and other times I don't. It's really tough to pick a vehicle in this small suv segment. If you like the styling of the Sportage I think it has the most plus's in features and driver attributes of the three "in the EX trim with premium package".

Michaell said:

Hello,

Welcome aboard!

I've test driven and checked out all three extensively. Either one would be a fine choice but if I had to pick one it would be the Kia Sportage in EX trim "with premium package". There are trade offs as far as features with all three models and only you can decide which features and styling of the vehicle that appeals to you.

I've been turned off by the front end of the Sportage. Sometimes I like it and other times I don't. It's really tough to pick a vehicle in this small suv segment. If you like the styling of the Sportage and size wise it fits your needs "its smaller than the other two", I think it has the most plus's in features and driver attributes of the three.

rupter said:

Thanks for any help @Michaell and anyone else who wants to chime in I've test driven and checked out all three extensively. Either one would be a fine choice but if I had to pick one it would be the Kia Sportage in EX trim with premium package. There are trade offs as far as features with all three models and only you can decide which features and styling of the vehicle that appeals to you. I've been turned off by the front end of the Sportage. Sometimes I like it and other times I don't. It's really tough to pick a vehicle in this small suv segment. If you like the styling of the Sportage I think it has the most plus's in features and driver attributes of the three "in the EX trim with premium package".
    Michaell said:
    Hello, Just signed up today and have been researching compact SUV's for months now and plan on leasing one this month or next. Depends on best deal I can get but looking at 17 Sportage AWD EX (either plain or w/ premium), AWD LX w/ popular & cool pkgs. (also 16-17 Mazda CX-5 (either Touring or GT if I can get right price) and 17 Honda CR-V EX in mix depending on deals there). I have questions for you guys as I am new to leasing (buying too for that matter). Will I generally get a better deal in April vs March due to "tax time" sales/incentives? I know I can get the MF and residual here for me in IN (probably buy in MI but register in IN), but what do I use for cost? Edmunds TMV? Is that invoice/MSRP? Is that the only thing I can negotiate? Can I negotiate that or am I more stuck with leasing? I have already been in touch with 3 dealers for each vehicle I am looking at and plan on getting whichever at either the end of this month or next (depending on your recommendations). I have been upfront with each contact as to I am contacting other dealers of this car and dealers of Mazda & Honda and other than the dealer I went to in order to test drive, have only involved them by email to save time for both of us. How accurate or good is TrueCar as I have used their build a car pricing to get what they claim are best lease rates (can print info and go to TrueCar dealer and they will get close (doesn't look like they guarantee for leases like they do for sales). What else do I need to know? Monthly payment amounts are a definitely a factor for me, but I don't want to get screwed elsewhere in the mix, like it sounds I could easily be from reading all sorts of "advice" on the net. I look forward too and appreciate all the help I can get on this so that me and my family get my best possible value. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
    Welcome aboard! To answer your questions: 1. The current lease programs for Kia expire on 3 April. No insight as to what will happen to the numbers next month, though my guess is that the numbers won't change in a major way. 2. TMV is an "average" cost for your zip code. Your goal is to beat that average. Yes, negotiate the selling price, even if you are leasing. 3. Can't help you with TrueCar pricing 4. Keep an eye out for junk fees. Dealer can also pad the MF for extra profit. The numbers for MI and IN are the same - what lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

I've test driven and checked out all three extensively. Either one would be a fine choice but if I had to pick one it would be the Kia Sportage in EX trim "with premium package". There are trade offs as far as features with all three models and only you can decide which features and styling of the vehicle that appeals to you. I've been turned off by the front end of the Sportage. Sometimes I like it and other times I don't. It's really tough to pick a vehicle in this small suv segment. If you like the styling of the Sportage and size wise it fits your needs "its smaller than the other two", I think it has the most plus's in features and driver attributes of the three.    

@rupter  Dude, get out of my head!  Seriously, this is right where I am at.  The Sportage keeps leading due to warranty and reliability and it does everything well. The Mazda drives slightly better and the Honda has more features but they have less warranty and slightly higher prices.  I would be happy with any.  We will see who does the best deal.
    Just to be clear, when I start receiving the emails of dealer lease offers, I am going to want to have what all broken out explicitly?

Price, fees (broken out), incentives/rebates, tax, lease term, miles, money factor, residual value, total out-the-door payment, and total monthly amount due?