Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    There are plenty of things in life that feel great that are really bad for you.
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267

I know I'd end up regretting buying it, but I really do like this Italian siren.

What a beaut!
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,396
    Give it another 6 months, @roadburner. They’ll be paying you to take it. 
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    edited March 2019
    henryn said:

699,989 miles? Really?

That would have to be a typo, no one had odometers that went over 100k back in those days.

They included the 10ths digit as 1 mile. Kids these days with their digital odometers...

That is a cool car though it obviously has needs. In this case I agree with Shifty that a modern drivetrain and brakes would make it much more enjoyable to own. I don't usually come down on that side very often.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    I missed it. what are they asking for that wagon?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    I saw a red Guilia like that (though I think it was a darker shade) today. Sharp. Don't see many out and about though.

• Options
    stickguy said:

I missed it. what are they asking for that wagon?

14,500 I think. Judging from photos, I think about half that is market correct.
  • Options
    nice looking cars. and house.

• Options
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    Very nice! Didn't realize the Stelvio and X1 were both dark blue.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Ended up taking 78 Tahoe's, Suburbans, Yukon's, Yukon XL's, Pacifica's and Grand Caravans to the Hard Rock stadium in North Miami today for the tennis tournament. There were two teams and started at 6:30. Done by 12:30 and worked out very easy until the last trip when the traffic for some music festival there made folks drive like morons. Was so glad to be finally done to be honest. The big boss was our lead driver and he ended taking us all out for lunch which was greatly appreciated! Not sure how long they'll be needed but eventually, we'll have to go pick them all up, just hoping it ain't on a Saturday. The extra $ was really nice to make but I like taking the weekends off to be honest.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    The Cruze came home yesterday and got really dirty on the trip. Needs a good wash and wax to but she'll do that once she gets back to St. Cloud during the week. Drove it a bit this afternoon and it's really very nice. Moves briskly when needed and the seats are very comfortable. She absolutely loves it also! Glad she's happy with it as she'll have it for a long while.
    Now, seems the younger sister wants to replace her 2008 Accent with something new. Not sure what she wants but like me, she's always liked the Mini Cooper. She makes pretty decent $ as a pharmacist so think she'll be getting something really very nice. Luckily she's in no hurry since the Accent is driving just fine. But after ten plus years, she's just ready for something newer and different. We'll see how this all goes.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    As the miles keep going, notice how well my Golf is driving. No problems to speak of, just have to get the 3 windshield wipers replaced. They're open only on weekdays so a bit hard to get there as I worked most of last week and the one day I was off, was pouring when I passed the store and forgot to go over after it ended. Off Tuesday this week so plan on going over and ordering what I need. Rainy season will be here soon enough so now's the time to replace them so I will on Tuesday.
    But it's still a pleasure to drive so it pains me to say, in no hurry to replace it yet. Even the wife threw in her opinion the other day telling me I could wait a couple of years till I replace it! not sure how it came up in conversation but politely told her that I'm just not sure what and when I'll replace it with. But seriously, just not sure what I'll get next? My list is all over the place but the only constant is that it's got to be on the smaller side, something under 175" or so. And hoping it won't be white as she's got white right now. Figure it'll be something around $20K plus my car, so there must be plenty in those configurations to choose from.

• Options
    Yep. Both blue by coincidence. My focus for both was the deal so color didn’t play in much to the decision, as long as it wasn’t something truly revolting. 
  • Options
    these days, setting a limit like 175" at least does eliminate a lot of options, making it easier to decide. When your initial list (like some of us) spans from a Mini Cooper to a Ram Big Horn, it does not eliminate much!

I still think a Kona with the 1.6t engine will be your perfect car. So am curious to know what you think about it when you finally try one out.

• Options
    for some reason, I really have become fascinated with the new X3. I think the wife would love one of these for her next car (as an alternative to a new RDX). Local place has some in the loaner fleet now which I was not expecting. So, when the time comes, who knows?

This one has very nice color combo. For some reason it is not discounted much, but they have one the same colors but more options, for less $ asking due to a much larger discount. Odd the way they price these.

https://www.bmwofmtlaurel.com/exotic-used/BMW/2019-BMW-X3-Mount-Laurel-9b6ec0e70a0d0cc702714c9195b971a7.htm

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    I’m with you on liking smaller vehicles. While the Encore is on the body shop I’ve got a Mazda CX-5 as a loaner. It’s a very nice wehicle but really too large for either of us to enjoy driving it. We drove much larger minivans and cars when our kids were younger but now we both prefer the handling and feel of smaller cars. The Kona EV really interests me as a possible future replacement for the Encore. As for the Volt, our plan was to lease another one. Now they’ve stopped making them we may just buy it at the end of the lease in December.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    stickguy said:
    for some reason, I really have become fascinated with the new X3. I think the wife would love one of these for her next car (as an alternative to a new RDX). Local place has some in the loaner fleet now which I was not expecting. So, when the time comes, who knows? This one has very nice color combo. For some reason it is not discounted much, but they have one the same colors but more options, for less $ asking due to a much larger discount. Odd the way they price these. https://www.bmwofmtlaurel.com/exotic-used/BMW/2019-BMW-X3-Mount-Laurel-9b6ec0e70a0d0cc702714c9195b971a7.htm
    No nav = no carplay

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    I know. they have the same car with the Navi package and 19" wheels, but same color combo. Just cheaper (much bigger discount listed, I think the MSRP was right about $50k.) No pictures of it up yet though, so I linked to the one that did have pics.

• Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    stickguy said:

I really liked the 3.6 outback too.. that’s the one I probably should have gotten. Oh well!

I wondered a time or three if I should have held out to look into a 3.6 Outback myself. Now just over 5 months in with the RDX and finally starting to bond with it.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438
    Both my sons had their state hockey tournament this weekend.  I traveled up to Avon, CT which is normally 1 1/2 hours with my 12 year old.  The trip on Friday afternoon took over 2 hours.  My (almost) 10 year old had his tournament in Bridgeport which is normally 1/2 hour away and took my wife over an hour to get there on Friday night.

The 12 year old & his Pee Wee team got slaughtered (they lost 4-1, 9-1, & 6-0).  The (almost) 10 year old and his Squirt team lost their 1st game 2-1, 2nd game 8-1, and won the final game 2-0.

Turns our one of the Dads is “one of us.”  I noticed he had a new X3 M40i in a very sexy dark blue.  We started talking and I asked him if he leased or bought.  He replied:  “I’m a flipper.  My 1 vice.  No way i could hold on to a car for 3 years.”

My wife took my Q40 to the gym.  It had my jacket (and my Pilot keys).  She took her bag (with her Pilot keys).  So I had to take my Prelude (in the simply gorgeous 40 & rainy) to pick up my son and daughter from Hebrew school.  Not happy about it.  Still, it fired up right away.  Got me where I needed to go without a fuss.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    edited March 2019
    stickguy said:

I know. they have the same car with the Navi package and 19" wheels, but same color combo. Just cheaper (much bigger discount listed, I think the MSRP was right about $50k.) No pictures of it up yet though, so I linked to the one that did have pics.

At $50K MSRP, it has to be missing a few things, I think.

My wife's 2017 X3 stickered for a little over $54K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
     28 firefighter, nice on the cars, they look black to me, nice but they’re actually dark blue. Thanks to the others mentioned what the color was about. 
  • Options
     Hard to ride in a new XL almost fully loaded, in the back was nice but the captains chairs. Will good Type your comment
  • Options
     GMC Yukon 
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

LED lights, heated wheel/seats, Navi with car play, moonroof, BLIS package. Not missing anything important!

https://www.bmwofmtlaurel.com/exotic-used/BMW/2019-BMW-X3-Mount-Laurel-58ffa1a50a0d0c144c8737e4ad5f32fe.htm

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,366
    edited March 2019
    On the way to work I rarely see speeds north of 60 mph, so I decided to put some relatively high speed miles on the Clubman today. On the way home from church I took the longer interstate route; I drove several miles at 85+ and the car still returned over 30 mpg. 

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    This must be a big youth hockey weekend. The rink nearest me (a dearth of them in this area) was booked up most of the day, but had open time in the evening/night - I got in 2+ hours of stick and puck on a rarely scheduled weekend session, skated until I could barely stand. Good times, young again.

I am going car looking in a couple hours, not expecting much, but who knows.
    nyccarguy said:

Both my sons had their state hockey tournament this weekend.  I traveled up to Avon, CT which is normally 1 1/2 hours with my 12 year old.  The trip on Friday afternoon took over 2 hours.  My (almost) 10 year old had his tournament in Bridgeport which is normally 1/2 hour away and took my wife over an hour to get there on Friday night.

The 12 year old & his Pee Wee team got slaughtered (they lost 4-1, 9-1, & 6-0).  The (almost) 10 year old and his Squirt team lost their 1st game 2-1, 2nd game 8-1, and won the final game 2-0.

Turns our one of the Dads is “one of us.”  I noticed he had a new X3 M40i in a very sexy dark blue.  We started talking and I asked him if he leased or bought.  He replied:  “I’m a flipper.  My 1 vice.  No way i could hold on to a car for 3 years.”

My wife took my Q40 to the gym.  It had my jacket (and my Pilot keys).  She took her bag (with her Pilot keys).  So I had to take my Prelude (in the simply gorgeous 40 & rainy) to pick up my son and daughter from Hebrew school.  Not happy about it.  Still, it fired up right away.  Got me where I needed to go without a fuss.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,366
    stickguy said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

LED lights, heated wheel/seats, Navi with car play, moonroof, BLIS package. Not missing anything important!

https://www.bmwofmtlaurel.com/exotic-used/BMW/2019-BMW-X3-Mount-Laurel-58ffa1a50a0d0c144c8737e4ad5f32fe.htm
    My wife would be happy with it, but at a minimum I'd need an M40i with H-K audio.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    we have no need for the 6 cyl. The 4 banger is plenty quick for anything we would do with it. I have not listened to the base stereo in one so can't really say if that would be an issue. I do like the fancy ELS in the TLX. Light years better than the base cheapo set-up in the Elantra was.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    I think it's missing leather, and the Driving Assistance Plus package.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited March 2019
    not sure I would notice if it was Pleather instead. And I don't think I even want the plus package (or does that include the adaptive cruise?). Though HUD would be nice to have!

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928
    Love HUD... never understood why GM offered it on the Acadia Denali but not the Enclave.

My LaCrosse had it and I do miss it. Wife said it was distracting and would turn it off.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    BMW's fake leather is fine by me. Their autobrake system leaves something to be desired, unless it's somehow smart enough to tell the difference between a mannequin and a real pedestrian:

• Options
    Well that's what happens to dummies.
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    The problem was that the dummy (or pedestrian) wasn’t registered in the BMW’s computer before driving off. Such things are to be expected with such negligence on the part of some owners. 😉

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    OH, I didn't know that. So if you don't register with BMW, then their cars are allowed to hit you? Learn something new every day here. B)
  • Options
    Actually you have to register with each individual car that you don’t want to hit you by bringing it in to the dealer and paying $400 for reprogramming. 
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,366
    corvette said:

Actually you have to register with each individual car that you don’t want to hit you by bringing it in to the dealer and paying $400 for reprogramming. 

Ah, but you can get the super special app on your phone for $29.95 and do the registration yourself.

But, with over 325 million folks in the US, you'll spend all your time registering them and no time behind the wheel.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,280
    That's 8 years or 100K
    Looks like a robotic radical prostatectomy is next up. 
    Well, investigate all options: this is an interesting website. I know some of these people: Give Ken a call. He's good people and very well informed on this subject. http://www.prostateawarenessfoundation.org/contact-us/
    I left a message March 1 and no return call. Called again today and straight to voice mail. 

Probably for the best - I looked at the site and I am not like minded. 
  • Options
    OK, well good luck with everything!
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,798
    Michaell said:

corvette said:

Ah, but you can get the super special app on your phone for $29.95 and do the registration yourself.

But, with over 325 million folks in the US, you'll spend all your time registering them and no time behind the wheel.
    That's a monthly fee of $29.95..... Subscriptions are king!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    Lol lol
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited March 2019
    au1994 said:

Our X1 is seriously flipped. Only way we're getting out of it is with a lease transfer.

I’m pretty sure I’m in the same boat. That was the case last August when I looked and by my mental calculations, we’re still pretty underwater. May be closer to the end of the year till we’re even Steven.
    Hmmm. did the market figure out it's just a hatchback with FWD with a tall roof line and high ride height?

Q3 is in the same boat though.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Funny... I bought my son a vehicle that had the ABS and stability control disabled, along with airbag removal. I guess I'm a bad Dad. ;)

My son drove a 1975 2002 with NO nannies- deactivated or otherwise. He did attend three days of training- two at the BMW Performance Center and one day at Street Survival.
    With all those active safety features, you aren't "driving"--you will never learn some basic control skills. Every jet airliner pilot or fighter pilot learned to fly no doubt, on a little Cessna.
    Even pilots have fallen due to relying on computers too much. Remember the crash just short of the runway at San Francisco by that Korean Airline? I believe the crash was blamed on an over reliance and trust of the computerized machinery. No sense of piloting in the pilots.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    xwesx said:

kyfdx said:

Funny... we just replaced our Goodyear runflats with Pirelli.

Not ALL Pirelli tires have to be garbage just because some are... just like all the other brands out there! Man, those Potenza RE-92As they used to put on Subaru were so terrible, yet there are plenty of good Bridgestone tires out there.
    It seems every tire manufacturer has duds to sell along with good or decent tires, except Michelin, they seem to all rate high.
  • Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,280
    I put Michelin Premier LTX on my wife’s GL350. They were totally bald after 14000 miles - with regular tire rotations
  • Options
    Man not like 640 HP.

Man need more power.

Lingenfelter Cadillac