Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 BMW 5-series Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    billydog1 said:

Can you please post MF and Residuals for 2018 BMW M550iX? for 36Monts , 39Months, 48 Months?

Wow, we do have that information ... just created a 2018 thread:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44735/bmw/5-series/2018-bmw-5-series-lease-questions/p1?new=1

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Michaell said:

Hi, so I got the numbers on the 530e (same MF, but 3% lower residual since its a 2018 model) but I was wondering if you guys know if the $3,000 option credit that applies to the other iPerformance vehicles also applies to the 530e, any idea?

No information on that, sorry.
    I stand corrected, we do have the 2018 information - just created a 2018 thread, please repost there:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44735/bmw/5-series/2018-bmw-5-series-lease-questions/p1?new=1

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    sujithkumarsujithkumar Member Posts: 10
    I am in NY (about 25 miles north of NY City) and looking to buy a 530xi with cold weather package and driver assist package
    I plan to visit few dealers this week. What would be a good deal regarding price, MF and residual for a 36-month lease?
    I am trying to find out, If dealer gives an offer how do I know if its a good, bad or ugly :)
    Any help is much appreciated
  • Options

I am in NY (about 25 miles north of NY City) and looking to buy a 530xi with cold weather package and driver assist package
    I plan to visit few dealers this week. What would be a good deal regarding price, MF and residual for a 36-month lease?
    I am trying to find out, If dealer gives an offer how do I know if its a good, bad or ugly :)

What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

7% off sticker is a good deal for BMW.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jables04jables04 Member Posts: 12
    Morning - could you share the current MV and residual for 24/10 and 36/10 leases on the 2017 528i (sedan) in Los Angeles? Thanks!
  • Options
    jables04 said:

Morning - could you share the current MV and residual for 24/10 and 36/10 leases on the 2017 528i (sedan) in Los Angeles? Thanks!

There is no 2017 528 - it's the 530, now.

.00140 and 68% / 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    xkrazymattxxkrazymattx Member Posts: 14
    2017 540i xdrive MF and Residual for 36/15
  • Options

2017 540i xdrive MF and Residual for 36/15

.00140 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michael I am looking for 36 months/12K.
    I visited one dealer and he gave me these numbers
    530xi, MSRP - 61,500, Sales price 57,500, 61% residual, MF 0.00114
    4k upfront [2100 tax, 925 destination, 669 first month and 280 DMV]
    Is this any good?

Thanks much
    (Sujith)
  • Options

Michaell said:

Is this any good?

Thanks much
    (Sujith)
    The MF is .00140 this month, perhaps you misheard .00114.

Using your prices, I get $688/mo.

Your quote looks competitive. The $925 is not destination, but rather the lease acquisition fee.

Our recommendation would be to roll the tax and acq fee into the lease payment. If the car is stolen or totaled, you think Gov. Christie will refund you the pre-paid sales tax? Not likely :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    amatx84amatx84 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2017
    Hi,

Trying to figure out if this is a good deal. Only 1% off MSRP, large cap reduction cost, looks like markup in MF, and requires money down. To me it doesn't look solid but checking for a good friend. Deal is in Texas.

Thanks!

• Options
    amatx84 said:

Hi,

Trying to figure out if this is a good deal. Only 1% off MSRP, large cap reduction cost, looks like markup in MF, and requires money down. To me it doesn't look solid but checking for a good friend. Deal is in Texas.

Thanks!

You said it yourself - marked up MF and 1% off sticker. Not a good deal.

Look for 5-7% off sticker and base MF, at the very least.

Texas taxes mess up almost all leases there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks for the quick response! Any idea what he is doing with the cap reduction costs there? Can you confirm the base MF as well?
  • Options
    amatx84 said:

Thanks for the quick response! Any idea what he is doing with the cap reduction costs there? Can you confirm the base MF as well?

Base MF is .00140 this month,

Looks like $5K from your friend and $2K in incentives (loyalty? I don't show any incentives for the 2017 5-series).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    got it thanks Michael!
  • Options
    Last question sir, with the base MF and 7% off MSRP with $0 down what do you show for the payment including tax?
  • Options
    amatx84 said:

Last question sir, with the base MF and 7% off MSRP with $0 down what do you show for the payment including tax?

If I take 7% off MSRP, then add back in 6.5% tax and the $925 bank fee, I get $926/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    got it, if he pre-paid the tax whats that do? Last question I promise!
  • Options
    Btw I think sales tax is Texas is 6.25
  • Options
    amatx84 said:

got it, if he pre-paid the tax whats that do? Last question I promise!

We'd recommend against that - if the car is stolen or totaled before the lease is up, he won't get a refund.

If there is a problem with the payment budget, start with a less expensive car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    good call!
  • Options
    schand820schand820 Member Posts: 86
    whats the mf and residual for the 2017 540 xdrive 36 month 12 k for Ohio. Also are MSDs allowed in Ohio and how many?
  • Options
    schand820 said:

whats the mf and residual for the 2017 540 xdrive 36 month 12 k for Ohio. Also are MSDs allowed in Ohio and how many?

.00140 and 61%

Yes, max 7 MSDs are allowed in Ohio.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Is this any good?

Thanks much
    (Sujith)

Your quote looks competitive. The $925 is not destination, but rather the lease acquisition fee.

Our recommendation would be to roll the tax and acq fee into the lease payment. If the car is stolen or totaled, you think Gov. Christie will refund you the pre-paid sales tax? Not likely :smile:
    - Never thought of the tax idea. I am sure Governor won't be very kind (for me it is Cuomo, but its the same :))
    I will roll it into the lease payment. Thanks for the suggestions
    - Is MF the same in all states? I am in NY, Rockland County. I thought he said 0.00114 (but I will confirm again)
    - You indicated the deal is competitive. How low have you seen the sales price for this model? Is 57,500 is reasonable, or there is further room for negotiation?
    Thanks much for your insight. I will visit one or two dealers and find out what they got

• Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Is this any good?

Thanks much
    (Sujith)

- Never thought of the tax idea. I am sure Governor won't be very kind (for me it is Cuomo, but its the same :))
    I will roll it into the lease payment. Thanks for the suggestions
    - Is MF the same in all states? I am in NY, Rockland County. I thought he said 0.00114 (but I will confirm again)
    - You indicated the deal is competitive. How low have you seen the sales price for this model? Is 57,500 is reasonable, or there is further room for negotiation?
    Thanks much for your insight. I will visit one or two dealers and find out what they got

MF is national.

I don't track prices; read back through the last few pages of this thread to see what others have paid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    johng102johng102 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    BMW emailed me an offer for a $2k loyalty and 3 month pull ahead on my current 2014 535d lease.
    I’m looking at leasing a 540i for 3 years, 12k miles a year.

What should the residual be?

I was offered 5% off $66,925 MSRP of a car in stock.
    Money factor was 0.0018. My understanding is this is too high and it should be 0.0014, correct?

Am I missing anything else to look for?
    Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    johng102 said:

Hi,
    BMW emailed me an offer for a $2k loyalty and 3 month pull ahead on my current 2014 535d lease.

Money factor was 0.0018. My understanding is this is too high and it should be 0.0014, correct?

Thank you for your help!

.00140 and 61%

Shoot for 7% off sticker

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    FadyDizzleFadyDizzle Member Posts: 115
    johng102 said:

Hi,

Thank you for your help!

You should be able to get closer to 6-7% off sticker BEFORE the loyalty incentive. Depending on your area, some dealers are very aggressive. I'm getting $250 below invoice before loyalty and other incentives I have for example. Invoice is usually about 7% on sticker.
  • Options
    grizzlebeargrizzlebear Member Posts: 11
    Does BMW have incentives for Mercedes Benz owners that want to switch over to the dark side?
  • Options

Does BMW have incentives for Mercedes Benz owners that want to switch over to the dark side?

None that we're aware of.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I called my local BMW Dealer here in Southern California to ask them what the residual is on the new 5 series. They told me they can get 69% for a 36 month lease at 10K. Is this a lie? Looking at both 530i and 540i NO xDrive.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228

I called my local BMW Dealer here in Southern California to ask them what the residual is on the new 5 series. They told me they can get 69% for a 36 month lease at 10K. Is this a lie? Looking at both 530i and 540i NO xDrive.

Through BMWFS, the residual is 62% for 36/10.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited March 2017
    kyfdx said:

Would you mind giving me a rundown on what you think would be a good Monthly Payment for these two options. The only difference between the two is the Wheel Size. I just want an idea of what a fair deal based on these cars. Monthly Payment, Cash Amount down and Car Price. Thank you in advance!

• Options

kyfdx said:

Would you mind giving me a rundown on what you think would be a good Monthly Payment for these two options. The only difference between the two is the Wheel Size. I just want an idea of what a fair deal based on these cars. Monthly Payment, Cash Amount down and Car Price. Thank you in advance!

Can't calculate a payment without knowing the adjusted cap cost. You can determine how much up front cash you want to give.

For BMW, we suggest 7% off MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    checkmymirrorcheckmymirror Member Posts: 16
    Do you have the residual for a 2017 540i xDrive Sedan on a 36/10k and 36/12k?
  • Options

Do you have the residual for a 2017 540i xDrive Sedan on a 36/10k and 36/12k?

.00140 and 62% / 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    checkmymirrorcheckmymirror Member Posts: 16
    Does going with a non-xDrive make a difference to the residual? If so what is the 2017 540i at 36/10K non-xDrive please?
  • Options

Does going with a non-xDrive make a difference to the residual? If so what is the 2017 540i at 36/10K non-xDrive please?

No change for RWD vs. XDrive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    slippytoadslippytoad Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2017
    Hi there. Are there currently any loyalty incentives for ending a 328d lease and starting a new 2017 540i lease?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228

Hi there. Are there currently any loyalty incentives for ending a 328d lease and starting a new 2017 540i lease?

We don't have any information about possible loyalty incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kungfujoekungfujoe Member Posts: 3
    Called my local dealer (Southern California) and was given a MF of .00156 for a '17 540i with 61% residual. I told the sales guy that the base number from BMW was .00140 but he wouldn't budge. Also said 6% off sticker was definitely NOT doable. I understand this is a brand new model and it might make it harder to get bargains, but has anyone had luck getting .00140 and 6-7% off sticker on a new 540i?
  • Options
    kungfujoe said:

Called my local dealer (Southern California) and was given a MF of .00156 for a '17 540i with 61% residual. I told the sales guy that the base number from BMW was .00140 but he wouldn't budge. Also said 6% off sticker was definitely NOT doable. I understand this is a brand new model and it might make it harder to get bargains, but has anyone had luck getting .00140 and 6-7% off sticker on a new 540i?

You may have to wait a while for the bloom to come off the rose. And, dealers are still trying to clear out 2016 stock.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    slippytoadslippytoad Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2017
    kungfujoe said:

Yesterday, Northern California, I "pulled ahead" my old 328d lease for a '17 540i and asked for and got .00140 (+ 7 MSDs = .00091). I got 6% off sticker. FYI I did all my searching and negotiations via email.
  • Options

kungfujoe said:

Yesterday, Northern California, I "pulled ahead" my old 328d lease for a '17 540i and asked for and got .00140 (+ 7 MSDs = .00091). I got 6% off sticker. FYI I did all my searching and negotiations via email.
    Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    lookingarounlookingaroun Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    hi,

looking for 530i in Texas MF and residual:
    24 months 12k / 15k
    36 months 12k / 15k

Thanks!
  • Options

hi,

looking for 530i in Texas MF and residual:
    24 months 12k / 15k
    36 months 12k / 15k

Thanks!

.00140 and 65% (24/15) or 59% (36/15)

Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kungfujoekungfujoe Member Posts: 3
    Came to share my purchase experience (Southern California area).

Got 4.83% off MSRP ($800 above invoice) on a pretty well loaded 540i.

MF was .00150 and res was 62/61 for 10k/12k (still haven't decided and apparently don't need to until the car arrives).

The car I ended up ordering had the carbon black exterior with M sport, Premium and Driving Assist packages as well as a few options like Carplay/Gesture, heated seats, HK sound, etc.

Also used the 2K loyalty incentive.

All in all I felt I got a decent deal...not a great deal...but it was very no hassle...the sales guy was upfront right away about what he could or could not do, took about 15 minutes total...and now I eagerly await my car (which should hopefully arrive at end of May).
  • Options
    kungfujoe said:

MF was .00150 and res was 62/61 for 10k/12k (still haven't decided and apparently don't need to until the car arrives).

The car I ended up ordering had the carbon black exterior with M sport, Premium and Driving Assist packages as well as a few options like Carplay/Gesture, heated seats, HK sound, etc.

All in all I felt I got a decent deal...not a great deal...but it was very no hassle...the sales guy was upfront right away about what he could or could not do, took about 15 minutes total...and now I eagerly await my car (which should hopefully arrive at end of May).

Congrats - thanks for sharing your deal with us!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    viper689viper689 Member Posts: 15
    kungfujoe said:

May I ask what your monthly came out to? I'm also in the SoCal area and looking for some price ranges.

Thanks and congrats!
  • Options
    skkumarskkumar Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Got the below offer from a Local dealer in Atlanta, GA and I'm about to sign on it. Let me know if its a good deal.!

Ordering a custom build of 530i,

MSRP Price : 58,190
    Discount : 7,595 (Includes the Corporate Discount of $2,500)
    Sale Price : 50,600
    Out the Door : 50,600 + 699 (Doc Fee) + $3700 (TTL) = $55,000

-- SK