Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 BMW 5-series Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291
    vince2017 said:

What is MF/RV for 530e 36m/10k in zip code 95129? Still debating between 530i and 530e.

.00150 and 62% for both trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    agibuycaragibuycar Member Posts: 6
    any idea on how to qualify for factory loyalty credit of $2000?
    Does previous customer count?

Thanks,
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    agibuycar said:

any idea on how to qualify for factory loyalty credit of $2000?
    Does previous customer count?

Thanks,

No info on that, but I'll guess it's tied to being a BMWFS customer, so having a current or recent loan or lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    agibuycaragibuycar Member Posts: 6
    any idea on July money factor and residual value for 540i, 36/10?

Thanks,
  • Options
    chucktownhskrchucktownhskr Member Posts: 5
    Can you help with MF/residual for 2017 540xi 36 month/20,000 mile/year lease in Columbus, OH, as well as M550?
  • Options
    agibuycar said:

any idea on July money factor and residual value for 540i, 36/10?

Thanks,

No July information, yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options

Can you help with MF/residual for 2017 540xi 36 month/20,000 mile/year lease in Columbus, OH, as well as M550?

.00150 and 59% for 36/15

Extra miles will cost you, I think, .25/mile, up front, deducted from the calculated residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    vince2017vince2017 Member Posts: 7
    A specific question:
    I noticed that in my current lease, the Adjust/Net Capitalized Cost include BMW Wear&Tear ($1300), dent/ding insurance ($100), Service Contract Fee ($200) and Acquisition Fee ($925) along with invoice price, this would substantially bump the capitalize cost hence the monthly payment. Is this right?
  • Options
    vince2017 said:

A specific question:
    I noticed that in my current lease, the Adjust/Net Capitalized Cost include BMW Wear&Tear ($1300), dent/ding insurance ($100), Service Contract Fee ($200) and Acquisition Fee ($925) along with invoice price, this would substantially bump the capitalize cost hence the monthly payment. Is this right?

Correct. The acquisition fee is unavoidable, but you paid $1600 for about $5000 in coverage, that you may not even need.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    "but you paid $1600 for about $5000 in coverage, that you may not even need"

Could you elaborate on this? $1600 for $5000 sounds a good deal to me :)
    kyfdx said:

vince2017 said:

A specific question:

Correct. The acquisition fee is unavoidable, but you paid $1600 for about $5000 in coverage, that you may not even need.
  • Options
    vince2017 said:

kyfdx said:

vince2017 said:

A specific question:

$5000 of insurance coverage is not the same as $5000 of value.

For example:
    I pay $400/yr premium for the liability portion of my car insurance, but that's $500,000 of coverage.
    I pay $290/yr premium for a $250,000 life insurance policy..

So... $1600 premium for $5000 of coverage seems very high to me.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    penguincorppenguincorp Member Posts: 29
    In general is the end of the year the best time to lease a car right when the new model year is coming out as I assume they would have the highest residual at that time. I am in no hurry but I do have to do something by December. I seem to remember bmw running no payments for 90days during the end of the year. It then I have heard September is better when they are trying to get rid of the old year to make room for the next.
  • Options

In general is the end of the year the best time to lease a car right when the new model year is coming out as I assume they would have the highest residual at that time. I am in no hurry but I do have to do something by December. I seem to remember bmw running no payments for 90days during the end of the year. It then I have heard September is better when they are trying to get rid of the old year to make room for the next.

When the model is new, prices tend to be firm, and if initial inventory is low, you may not see any deals. Later on in October or November, lease programs tend to normalize, and you may see some incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the explanation.
    kyfdx said:

vince2017 said:

kyfdx said:

vince2017 said:

A specific question:

For example:
    I pay $400/yr premium for the liability portion of my car insurance, but that's $500,000 of coverage.

kyfdx said:

vince2017 said:

kyfdx said:

vince2017 said:

A specific question:

For example:

• Options
    berman2921berman2921 Member Posts: 36
    Looking for mf and rv for 36/15 for 530 xi and 540 xi. I live in md 21209. Thank you
  • Options

Looking for mf and rv for 36/15 for 530 xi and 540 xi. I live in md 21209. Thank you

.00150 MF and 59% residual for either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    berman2921berman2921 Member Posts: 36
    kyfdx said:

.00150 MF and 59% residual for either model.
    Thank you very much

• Options
    flashedvirusflashedvirus Member Posts: 5
    Please provide the July 2017 Residual and MF for a 540i xDrive - 36/12. Thank you!
  • Options

Please provide the July 2017 Residual and MF for a 540i xDrive - 36/12. Thank you!

.00151 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    curiousjoe1curiousjoe1 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Can you please provide MF and residual for 12K/36 months 530e for July in Southern California. Tx What would be a good price ( % below MSRP)
  • Options

Can you please provide MF and residual for 12K/36 months 530e for July in Southern California. Tx What would be a good price ( % below MSRP)

Is there a 2017 model 530e? I don't see one.

2018 discussion is here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44735/bmw/5-series/2018-bmw-5-series-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nabeelionabeelio Member Posts: 16
    Hi, what's the current financials on a 530i xdrive 10/36? Is the non-xdrive any different? I'm in Texas. Which really sucks for leasing ha
  • Options
    nabeelio said:

Hi, what's the current financials on a 530i xdrive 10/36? Is the non-xdrive any different? I'm in Texas. Which really sucks for leasing ha

.00151 and 62% for all 5-series

Yes, the tax bite in Texas does hurt your lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

nabeelio said:

Thanks! Yeah, it ends up adding over 100$/mo. Are doing MSDs a good idea? I see conflicting advice on that.
  • Options
    nabeelio said:

Michaell said:

nabeelio said:

Thanks! Yeah, it ends up adding over 100$/mo. Are doing MSDs a good idea? I see conflicting advice on that.
    In the past, it would have been highly recommended.

Unfortunately, BMW suspended the MSD program a couple months back.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

nabeelio said:

In the past, it would have been highly recommended.

Unfortunately, BMW suspended the MSD program a couple months back.

Ahah, just in time. Thanks for your help!

• Options
    pesto28pesto28 Member Posts: 11
    numbers for 2017 530i 36/15k CA thanks, and best % of negotiation for lowering price thanks
  • Options
    my2014bmwmy2014bmw Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2017
    I am turning in my lease bmw and looking to get a 2017 Bmw 530i M sport model. Can you tell me what is the best deal I can get on a lease in San Francisco Bay Area? What should be the MF and percentage off MSRP/ residual cost. Looking at 36 months/ 10k or 36 months/ 12k.
    Should the cost be different if I am thinking of purchasing after my lease deal if over. Ie.out the door price.

I understand I should put down only first month and taxes down at drive off rather than the big amount like 3k downpayment. I understand monthly lease is more... Thank You
  • Options
    antonelli said:

numbers for 2017 530i 36/15k CA thanks, and best % of negotiation for lowering price thanks

.00151 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    my2014bmw said:

I am turning in my lease bmw and looking to get a 2017 Bmw 530i M sport model. Can you tell me what is the best deal I can get on a lease in San Francisco Bay Area? What should be the MF and percentage off MSRP/ residual cost. Looking at 36 months/ 10k or 36 months/ 12k.
    Should the cost be different if I am thinking of purchasing after my lease deal if over. Ie.out the door price.

I understand I should put down only first month and taxes down at drive off rather than the big amount like 3k downpayment. I understand monthly lease is more... Thank You

.00151 and 62% / 61%

We suggest a target of 7% off sticker, before applying any available incentives.

Tax in CA is against the monthly payment - your up front cash should be just the first payment and the DMV costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Love these forums. Well I have leased 6 cars with curret 2014 528i coming due 12/9 (5 months, 4 payments left). Starting shopping around in KS and MN dealers and have the following 2 on the table. The monthlies are far higher and have asked for the MF exactly but they have not provided back yet. They stated there is a pull ahead program where BMW covers 3 payments and the dealer will cover the rest. I have asked or stated several times I do not want to see these payments wrapped into this deal as I was bit by that before.

Was attempting to build-to-order but appears the 2018s residuals went down from .61 to .58 so thinking 2017 model may be best option if can swing it. Why are residuals going down when always have been used to 5 series staying north of 60% for 36/12 leases?

OPTION 1 - MSport MSRP 62280
    Selling Price: 55780 (2k rebate, 4k discount)
    Admin/Tag fees: 602
    Residual: 37991 (61%)
    0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $826/mo
    My calculations (6 calculators based on 0.00151 MF) = $712

OPTION 2 - MSport MSRP 57860
    Selling Price: 51360 (2k rebate, 4k discount)
    Residual: 35295 (61%)
    0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $786/mo
    My calculations (6 calculators based on 0.00151 MF) = $648

What is occurring here? Is their MF/APR around 7.2%? Are they wrapping one of the pull ahead programs in? I dont have full lease worksheets showing exact calcs but based on guidance above cant make sense of it and like some firepower.

I am not in a hurry and can shop around to few other dealer, just want to take their quote and shop it asking for better. Well maybe in a hurry if 2018s+ residuals are dropping and the MF is increasing.

Thanks much community!
  • Options
    caseyjon said:

Love these forums. Well I have leased 6 cars with curret 2014 528i coming due 12/9 (5 months, 4 payments left). Starting shopping around in KS and MN dealers and have the following 2 on the table. The monthlies are far higher and have asked for the MF exactly but they have not provided back yet. They stated there is a pull ahead program where BMW covers 3 payments and the dealer will cover the rest. I have asked or stated several times I do not want to see these payments wrapped into this deal as I was bit by that before.

Was attempting to build-to-order but appears the 2018s residuals went down from .61 to .58 so thinking 2017 model may be best option if can swing it. Why are residuals going down when always have been used to 5 series staying north of 60% for 36/12 leases?

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $826/mo

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $786/mo

What is occurring here? Is their MF/APR around 7.2%? Are they wrapping one of the pull ahead programs in? I dont have full lease worksheets showing exact calcs but based on guidance above cant make sense of it and like some firepower.

I am not in a hurry and can shop around to few other dealer, just want to take their quote and shop it asking for better. Well maybe in a hurry if 2018s+ residuals are dropping and the MF is increasing.

Thanks much community!

$925 acquisition fee + money factor marked up to .00191, most likely.

Also, if the dealer covers anything, it's coming out of your pocket, one way or the other. That's just physics.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

caseyjon said:

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $826/mo

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $786/mo

Thanks much community!

Also, if the dealer covers anything, it's coming out of your pocket, one way or the other. That's just physics.
    Thanks. They gave me the detailed worksheet. Showd 0.00191 MF and the acq cost was there (wondered where it was). Any tricks to get dealer to flatten out to 0.00151 MF outside of just walking away if not?

Otherwise deal looks pretty clean, 6% off'ish, and with the rebate is pretty good tme.
  • Options
    caseyjon said:

kyfdx said:

caseyjon said:

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $826/mo

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $786/mo

Thanks much community!

Thanks. They gave me the detailed worksheet. Showd 0.00191 MF and the acq cost was there (wondered where it was). Any tricks to get dealer to flatten out to 0.00151 MF outside of just walking away if not?

Otherwise deal looks pretty clean, 6% off'ish, and with the rebate is pretty good tme.
    The acquisition fee and the money factor markup add up to about $80/mo. If you are off by $140, then there is a lot more crap in there... ask for the adjusted CAP cost, and see how that compares to the sale price.

And yes.... if they won't come down, vote with your feet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Love these forums. Well I have leased 6 cars with curret 2014 528i coming due 12/9 (5 months, 4 payments left). Starting shopping around in KS and MN dealers and have the following 2 on the table. The monthlies are far higher and have asked for the MF exactly but they have not provided back yet. They stated there is a pull ahead program where BMW covers 3 payments and the dealer will cover the rest. I have asked or stated several times I do not want to see these payments wrapped into this deal as I was bit by that before. Was attempting to build-to-order but appears the 2018s residuals went down from .61 to .58 so thinking 2017 model may be best option if can swing it. Why are residuals going down when always have been used to 5 series staying north of 60% for 36/12 leases? OPTION 1 - MSport MSRP 62280 Selling Price: 55780 (2k rebate, 4k discount) Admin/Tag fees: 602 Residual: 37991 (61%) 0 down DEALER QUOTE = $826/mo My calculations (6 calculators based on 0.00151 MF) = $712 OPTION 2 - MSport MSRP 57860 Selling Price: 51360 (2k rebate, 4k discount) Admin/Tag fees: 602 Residual: 35295 (61%) 0 down DEALER QUOTE = $786/mo My calculations (6 calculators based on 0.00151 MF) = $648 What is occurring here? Is their MF/APR around 7.2%? Are they wrapping one of the pull ahead programs in? I dont have full lease worksheets showing exact calcs but based on guidance above cant make sense of it and like some firepower. I am not in a hurry and can shop around to few other dealer, just want to take their quote and shop it asking for better. Well maybe in a hurry if 2018s+ residuals are dropping and the MF is increasing. Thanks much community!
    $925 acquisition fee + money factor marked up to .00191, most likely. Also, if the dealer covers anything, it's coming out of your pocket, one way or the other. That's just physics.
    Thanks. They gave me the detailed worksheet. Showd 0.00191 MF and the acq cost was there (wondered where it was). Any tricks to get dealer to flatten out to 0.00151 MF outside of just walking away if not? Otherwise deal looks pretty clean, 6% off'ish, and with the rebate is pretty good tme.
    The acquisition fee and the money factor markup add up to about $80/mo. If you are off by $140, then there is a lot more crap in there... ask for the adjusted CAP cost, and see how that compares to the sale price. And yes.... if they won't come down, vote with your feet.
    Is acquisition cost ($925) even negotiable or removable or is that par for the course for BMW leases or any lease for that matter given the dollar value by vendor may change?
  • Options
    smoothpuppysmoothpuppy Member Posts: 11
    From Massachusetts...is the MF/Residual also 0.00151/62% for a 2017 535 xDrive Gran Turismo? (36mo/12k miles)...loaner car with 4k miles on it and I understand residual would be adjusted accordingly based on the miles.

Also, to confirm, BMW did away with MSDs!?! Yikes, I wish I had pulled ahead and leased earlier this year. THANKS!!
  • Options
    caseyjon said:

kyfdx said:

caseyjon said:

kyfdx said:

caseyjon said:

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $826/mo

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $786/mo

Thanks much community!

The acquisition fee and the money factor markup add up to about $80/mo. If you are off by $140, then there is a lot more crap in there... ask for the adjusted CAP cost, and see how that compares to the sale price.

Is acquisition cost ($925) even negotiable or removable or is that par for the course for BMW leases or any lease for that matter given the dollar value by vendor may change?

Acquisition fee not negotiable and is part of every BMW lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

From Massachusetts...is the MF/Residual also 0.00151/62% for a 2017 535 xDrive Gran Turismo? (36mo/12k miles)...loaner car with 4k miles on it and I understand residual would be adjusted accordingly based on the miles.

Also, to confirm, BMW did away with MSDs!?! Yikes, I wish I had pulled ahead and leased earlier this year. THANKS!!

I confirm the MF and residual as given.

Deduct .25/mi for the demo miles.

Yes, MSD program ended as of 1 May, I believe.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

caseyjon said:

kyfdx said:

caseyjon said:

kyfdx said:

caseyjon said:

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $826/mo

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $786/mo

Thanks much community!

Can you confirm... is the 0.00151 MF for 2017 530i a BMW FS published rate? I just had the sales guy ask where i am getting that MF/APR from as he says 0.00191 is 'standard'? Is that B.S. (suspect so)?
  • Options
    caseyjon said:

Michaell said:

caseyjon said:

kyfdx said:

caseyjon said:

kyfdx said:

caseyjon said:

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $826/mo

0 down
    DEALER QUOTE = $786/mo

Thanks much community!

Can you confirm... is the 0.00151 MF for 2017 530i a BMW FS published rate? I just had the sales guy ask where i am getting that MF/APR from as he says 0.00191 is 'standard'? Is that B.S. (suspect so)?

.00151 is the base rate; dealer can mark it up .00040 for extra profit.

Just tell him you won't sign a deal where the MF is marked up; they know what the base rate is.

However, be prepared to give up some discounting from the sticker price to get that. Dealers are getting smarter - you can have:

1. base MF and smaller discount from sticker
    2. inflated MF and a bigger discount

Have to run the numbers both ways to see which gives you a better payment.

Ideally, you want both the base rate and the big discount, but you may have to shop multiple dealers to get it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    rmt3rmt3 Member Posts: 37
    Please provide the July 2017 Residual and MF for a 540i Drive European delivery - 36/15
  • Options
    rmt3 said:

Please provide the July 2017 Residual and MF for a 540i Drive European delivery - 36/15

The 2018 5-Series discussion is here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44735/bmw/5-series/2018-bmw-5-series-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rmt3rmt3 Member Posts: 37
    Actually mine is a 2017 model ordered in February.
  • Options
    rmt3 said:

rmt3 said:

.00151 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

rmt3 said:

rmt3 said:

.00151 and 60%
    Add .00030 for ED.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    thecaguythecaguy Member Posts: 8
    Please can i have the numbers for MF, RV- 2017 540i with 12/36 in CA?
  • Options
    thecaguy said:

Please can i have the numbers for MF, RV- 2017 540i with 12/36 in CA?

.00151 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    thecaguythecaguy Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2017
    Are you sure about the 62%, all the quotes i am receiving are at 61%
  • Options
    thecaguy said:

Are you sure about the 62%, all the quotes i am receiving are at 61%

Whoops, you are correct - 61% for 36/12

Somehow I quoted the 36/10 residual.

Good catch.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dcsai78dcsai78 Member Posts: 19
    Hello...can you please help with the MF and RV for a 2017 BMW 535i GT for 24/12k? Will xDrive change the numbers? Thanks!