Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2017 BMW 5-series Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 243,140
    RobinK said:

2017 540i M Sport MSRP $68,420. (Florida)
    Selling price $60,175.
    Dealer fee $699.
    Acquisition fee $925.
    Rebate -$500.
    36x10K mi Residual $42,445.20
    $755/mo. Tax Incl. (FL 6%)
    Drive off's $1281 incl first payment
    I believe they used the MF of 0.00191 vs base of 0.00151 (August 31st) so I know it's marked up a bit but I mentally justified that by getting around $7K off msrp.
    New to this and am just interested in anyone's feedback to learn what I could've done or should try to do differently next time? Hoping I did ok! Really appreciate all of the shared knowledge from you folks, very helpful!

Dealers are getting smarter about discount / MF bump. You traded off one for the other, so I think you did OK.

Congrats, and enjoy your new BMW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    flashedvirusflashedvirus Member Posts: 5
    Please provide the September 2017 Residual and MF for a 2017 540i xDrive - 36/12. Thank you!
  • Options

Please provide the September 2017 Residual and MF for a 2017 540i xDrive - 36/12. Thank you!

.00152 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    stark9182stark9182 Member Posts: 17
    How about the September numbers for a 2017 530i xDrive - 36/12? Are they the same as the 540? Thank you!
  • Options
    stark9182 said:

How about the September numbers for a 2017 530i xDrive - 36/12? Are they the same as the 540? Thank you!

All 5-series have the same numbers, yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dumblogicdumblogic Member Posts: 4
    Any thoughts on whether numbers might look better next month? Trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger this month or hope for the best next month and risk inventory getting ever lower.
  • Options
    dumblogic said:

Any thoughts on whether numbers might look better next month? Trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger this month or hope for the best next month and risk inventory getting ever lower.

No insight as to what may happen to the numbers next month.

If anything, the residual is likely to drop.

And, BMW has slowly been increasing their MF - was around .00130 in the spring, now at .00152 for September.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dinodrdinodr Member Posts: 31
    Can I have the lease numbers for 2017 540i 36/12k in Southern California? Thank you.
  • Options
    dinodr said:

Can I have the lease numbers for 2017 540i 36/12k in Southern California? Thank you.

.00152 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    armin_texasarmin_texas Member Posts: 8
    Hello,
    I am new here and I would like to have your comments about a leasing BMW 530i, MSRP $55,965; selling price $50,720, RV 60% for 12K, and MF 0.00151. I get a monthly payment of $642/month (including 6.5% Texas tax rate) for 36 months term. Do you think if this is a correct number. The dealer gave me $798/mo for 15K that the cash due is going to be $817. Please note my calculations is based on $0 down.

Also, do we have any incentives for self-employment?

Thank you,

Armin_Texas
    Armin_Texas
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    testing
    Armin_Texas
  • Options

Hello,
    I am new here and I would like to have your comments about a leasing BMW 530i, MSRP $55,965; selling price $50,720, RV 60% for 12K, and MF 0.00151. I get a monthly payment of $642/month (including 6.5% Texas tax rate) for 36 months term. Do you think if this is a correct number. The dealer gave me $798/mo for 15K that the cash due is going to be $817. Please note my calculations is based on $0 down.

Also, do we have any incentives for self-employment?

Thank you,

Armin_Texas

Was this a quote from last month?

The MF for September is .00152.

What is the adjusted cap cost, with the taxes and fees added in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell- Here is the deal that they provided. I do not know exactly what you mean by adjusted cap cost.
    Armin_Texas
  • Options

Michaell- Here is the deal that they provided. I do not know exactly what you mean by adjusted cap cost.

Yeah, AutoNation. They give you a purchase quote, then throw some lease payments out there that don't really connect.

.00152 and 58% for 36/15.

What's missing is the acquisition fee of $925 for every BMW lease. Texas does tax the entire selling price, which hurts your payment.

If I add the $925 to the 'balance due', I calculate a payment of $741/mo.

So, either there are some fees that are missing, or the MF is marked up - or both.

There is $1000 lease credit available this month, so you are effectively getting about 7.5% off sticker. Given that the 2018's are starting to arrive, there might be more room to move on the negotiated price.

You may also want to get multiple dealers involved - give them the opportunity to earn your business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

MIchaell, Thanks a lot for your reply. see the Attached . assuming MF and RV is correct for 12K, 0 down, and acq included, don't you think the final monthly payment that I calculated is correct? I am assuming that I will pay the first payment and registration/inspection/documentation/etc fee upfront at the time of the contract. That is why these fees are not in my calculations. if my calc is not correct where I am missing?

Also, If I consider to lease from a neighbor state like Oklahoma, does it affect my tax payments. Is it worth it?
    Armin_Texas
  • Options

MIchaell, Thanks a lot for your reply. see the Attached . assuming MF and RV is correct for 12K, 0 down, and acq included, don't you think the final monthly payment that I calculated is correct? I am assuming that I will pay the first payment and registration/inspection/documentation/etc fee upfront at the time of the contract. That is why these fees are not in my calculations. if my calc is not correct where I am missing?

Also, If I consider to lease from a neighbor state like Oklahoma, does it affect my tax payments. Is it worth it?
    Texas doesn't tax the monthly payment, but the entire selling price. You'll have to add that into the selling price, along with the fees, to get your "sell price" amount (this is technically called the adjusted cap cost).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    hvwmanhvwman Member Posts: 12
    @Michaell @kyfdx Thank you for all the help in the past. Can you please give me the MF and residual for a 2017 BMW 530i, 7,500 miles per year for 36 months in the state of Florida.

Know of any rebates or incentives? $1000 lease cash?
  • Options
    Michaell said:

Texas doesn't tax the monthly payment, but the entire selling price. You'll have to add that into the selling price, along with the fees, to get your "sell price" amount (this is technically called the adjusted cap cost).
    hvwman said:

@Michaell @kyfdx Thank you for all the help in the past. Can you please give me the MF and residual for a 2017 BMW 530i, 7,500 miles per year for 36 months in the state of Florida.

hwvman, it look like we are in the sams situations and I am planning to lease a 530i as well. For Sep. MF is 0.00151 and RV of 60% for 12K miles, but I do not know the RV for 7,500mi! Did you come up with any numbers from the dealer? My calc. above indicates that 603 dollar/mo before tax is doable. I confirmed it w/ a dealer down in Dallas TX.
    Armin_Texas
  • Options

Michaell said:

hvwman said:

hwvman, it look like we are in the sams situations and I am planning to lease a 530i as well. For Sep. MF is 0.00151 and RV of 60% for 12K miles, but I do not know the RV for 7,500mi! Did you come up with any numbers from the dealer? My calc. above indicates that 603 dollar/mo before tax is doable. I confirmed it w/ a dealer down in Dallas TX.
    Meanwhile, assuming sales tax in FL is 6% and applies to the monthly payment (mot selling price as Texas does), you should be looking at something around $640/mo.
    Armin_Texas
  • Options

Michaell said:

hvwman said:

Meanwhile, assuming sales tax in FL is 6% and applies to the monthly payment (mot selling price as Texas does), you should be looking at something around $640/mo.
    Dealers always markup expenses. In my case they started with 790 dollars, but is doable to get it down here in Dallas area w/ something around 690 dollars per month as Texas applies the tax rate to the selling price of the car not the portion that you're leasing the car for. Anyway, please list all your incentives, rebates, etc. that they will offer you so that I do not miss anything.
    Armin_Texas
  • Options
    hvwman said:

.00152 and 60% for 36/10; no 7500 mile allowance available

No information on incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    rperez1224rperez1224 Member Posts: 4
    Good deal or no ? 
    2018 bmw 530xi 
    MSRP 65,760

money factor 1.52
    residual factor 59%

selling price 58,731
    cap reduction 3,500
    total cap cost 55,217

due at signing 4,190 
    monthly 599

Currently living in New York have 5 payments left on my 2015 328xi and over 12,000 in miles. What's is your recommendation on getting these 2 factors into the deal? 
  • Options

Good deal or no ? 
    2018 bmw 530xi 
    MSRP 65,760

money factor 1.52
    residual factor 59%

selling price 58,731
    cap reduction 3,500
    total cap cost 55,217

due at signing 4,190 
    monthly 599

Currently living in New York have 5 payments left on my 2015 328xi and over 12,000 in miles. What's is your recommendation on getting these 2 factors into the deal? 

Answered in the 2018 thread you posted in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    badbanibadbani Member Posts: 11
    Hi michael
    here is what I am getting on a m550
    80790 msrp
    autonation price 74734
    sales tax 5525.18
    reg fee 196
    doc fee 173
    electronic filing 25
    2500 down plus 1st month payment
    1040$/ month
    what do you think?

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,443
    badbani said:

Hi michael
    here is what I am getting on a m550
    80790 msrp
    autonation price 74734
    sales tax 5525.18
    reg fee 196
    doc fee 173
    electronic filing 25
    2500 down plus 1st month payment
    1040$/ month
    what do you think?

Which state, where you pay sales tax upfront?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Illinois
  • Options
    badbani said:

Illinois

IL taxes the sum of the payments, and collects the money up front.

Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost; then we can run the numbers for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    badbani said:

Illinois

That looks like the taxes on a purchase. Even though Illinois collects tax upfront, it's applied to the total payments, not the selling price, so it won't be nearly that high.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Cap cost is74734
  • Options
    badbani said:

Cap cost is74734

I see you're also posting in the 2018 5-series thread. Is the car in question a 2017 or 2018?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    njstarrnjstarr Member Posts: 7
    Looking for MF and RV for 2017 and 2018 530ix in NJ - 36/12 and 36/15. Also are there any current incentives anyone is aware ?
  • Options
    njstarr said:

Looking for MF and RV for 2017 and 2018 530ix in NJ - 36/12 and 36/15. Also are there any current incentives anyone is aware ?

2017 - .00152 and 59% / 57%

No incentive information.

2018 5-series thread is here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44735/bmw/5-series/2018-bmw-5-series-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mass_7xxmass_7xx Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    Any word on October numbers for 2017 540i yet? MF and residuals
    36/10
    36/12

Incentives?
  • Options
    mass_7xx said:

Hello,
    Any word on October numbers for 2017 540i yet? MF and residuals
    36/10
    36/12

Incentives?

Current BMW programs expire toady. New numbers later this week.

.00152 and 61% / 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    pacho1981pacho1981 Member Posts: 11

Received the above estimate deal (back in April '17) from a BMW dealer in Southeast Florida based on a .00140 MF with 59% RV. Can you explain how the tax is calculated? I thought the tax was calcuated on the monthy lease payments - it appears it's calculated based on the selling price... thanks!
  • Options
    pacho1981 said:

Received the above estimate deal (back in April '17) from a BMW dealer in Southeast Florida based on a .00140 MF with 59% RV. Can you explain how the tax is calculated? I thought the tax was calcuated on the monthy lease payments - it appears it's calculated based on the selling price... thanks!

The numbers listed there are for "Purchase Option". They weren't all used to calculate the lease.

Florida taxes the monthly payment. Taxable amounts paid upfront (CAP cost reductions, rebates, acquisition fee) are taxed upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Can someone kindly advise regarding the Acquisition Fee, which is around $925 - is this the dealer upfront cost to buyers to sell the BMW?
  • Options
    pacho1981 said:

Can someone kindly advise regarding the Acquisition Fee, which is around $925 - is this the dealer upfront cost to buyers to sell the BMW?

This is a bank imposed fee (BMW Financial Services).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    pesto28pesto28 Member Posts: 11
    Can i Have October numbers and incentives for 2017 530i/540i 36/12k 36/15k thanks
  • Options
    pesto28 said:

Can i Have October numbers and incentives for 2017 530i/540i 36/12k 36/15k thanks

.00152 and 60% or 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Hello all,

Can someone please advise if my below calc is reasonable for MSRP referenced - re:  BMW 2017 530i in SE florida.  RV is 60% I am putting down $2K which pretty much covers inception fees.  Any thoughts if it's a good deal to grab on?? Thank you!!!

• Options
    pacho1981 said:

Hello all,

Can someone please advise if my below calc is reasonable for MSRP referenced - re:  BMW 2017 530i in SE florida.  RV is 60% I am putting down $2K which pretty much covers inception fees.  Any thoughts if it's a good deal to grab on?? Thank you!!!

I agree with the math on that worksheet.

Just over 8% off sticker (before incentives) and base MF - looks like a solid deal from where I sit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Can I have the lease numbers for 2017 540i 36/12k in Southern California? Any incentives? Thank you!
  • Options
    dinodr said:

Can I have the lease numbers for 2017 540i 36/12k in Southern California? Any incentives? Thank you!

.00152 and 60%
    $1000 lease credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    What do you think of this deal on a 2017 540i?

MSRP: 71,185
    Selling: 64,655 (about 9% discount)
    Negative Trade Equity: 2,717.04
    Bank Fee: 925.00
    Capital Reduction: 2,758.37
    Total Capitalized Cost: 65,538.67
    Residual Value: 42,711
    Monthly Payment: 798.64
    Tax (8.75%): 69.88
    Monthly Payment with Tax: 868.52
    Capital Reduction: 2,758.37
    Cap Reduction Tax (8.75%): 248.36
    License & Registration: 544.75
    Documentation Fee: 80.00
    First Payment: 868.52
    Drive Off: 4,500.00
    Rebates: 3,000.00
    Due at Signing: 1,500.00

Thank you.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that the above deal is for a 12k/36 month lease.
  • Options
    dinodr said:

I forgot to mention that the above deal is for a 12k/36 month lease.

I get the same numbers.
    Why the negative equity?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Trading in another car. 
  • Options
    dinodr said:

Trading in another car. 

The deal is pretty good. I'd hate taking an $80/mo. bump for negative equity, though. I'd just keep driving it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    marcechiromarcechiro Member Posts: 6
    Looking for MF and RV for 2017 and 2018 530i in SE Florida - 36/12 and 36/15. Also are there any current incentives anyone is aware ? Tks.