Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 BMW 4-series Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyo0927kyo0927 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Hi I live in Michigan (6% sales tax) and I am totally confused by upfront tax or not.
    I am leasing 2018 430 Gran Coupe, term 12k/36m.
    Dealer provided:
    MSRP: 49410
    Selling Price: 45521.3 (8% off sticker)
    Rebate:3000 (2000 lease cash+1000 college grad)
    They do provide residual as 56% and MF=0.00152

So can you help me estimate the total monthly payment with 0 down.
    Many thanks in advance!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    kyo0927 said:

Hi I live in Michigan (6% sales tax) and I am totally confused by upfront tax or not.
    I am leasing 2018 430 Gran Coupe, term 12k/36m.
    Dealer provided:
    MSRP: 49410
    Selling Price: 45521.3 (8% off sticker)
    Rebate:3000 (2000 lease cash+1000 college grad)
    They do provide residual as 56% and MF=0.00152

So can you help me estimate the total monthly payment with 0 down.
    Many thanks in advance!

Rebates and down payments are taxable, upfront.
    After that, tax is applied to the monthly payment.

If we add $925 for acquisition fee and $500 for dealer/DMV fees, then subtract the rebates, the adjusted CAP cost would be $43,946
    Payment = $561/mo.+tax = $595/mo, with just first payment due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mhpdx111mhpdx111 Member Posts: 43
    Can you help me with RV/MF for 2018 BMW 4-series Gran Coupe?
    all 36mos, 10k miles.
    I'm looking at both 430i and 440i, both AWD.
    I think you said earlier that the RV is the same for all 4-series? Is that true?
    thanks in advance.
  • dilbert479dilbert479 Member Posts: 6
    Is it possible to order a 440i coupe with nothing but a Track Handling Package, heated seats, and metallic paint? The MSRP of such a car is $52,450. What could I reasonably expect to pay? I live in the DC metro area.
  • boulder80503boulder80503 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Colorado and I’m looking at leasing a 430xi convertible (2018). Could you please help me with mf and residual value for a 36/15k lease? 
    Many thanks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    mhpdx111 said:

Can you help me with RV/MF for 2018 BMW 4-series Gran Coupe?
    all 36mos, 10k miles.
    I'm looking at both 430i and 440i, both AWD.
    I think you said earlier that the RV is the same for all 4-series? Is that true?
    thanks in advance.

.00152 and 57%
    $2000 lease cash

Yes, all 2018 4-series have the same MF and residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Is it possible to order a 440i coupe with nothing but a Track Handling Package, heated seats, and metallic paint? The MSRP of such a car is $52,450. What could I reasonably expect to pay? I live in the DC metro area.

I suppose anything can be ordered, but your dealer may want a substantial deposit for something so specific.

We always suggest you target 7% off MSRP for any BMW.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I live in Colorado and I’m looking at leasing a 430xi convertible (2018). Could you please help me with mf and residual value for a 36/15k lease? 
    Many thanks in advance!

.00152 and 54%
    $2000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ilikethatilikethat Member Posts: 25
    First time leasing a car. My membership card gives me a discount of $1,500 below invoice. I am looking to get a 2018 430GC and put only the taxes down in CA (estimate maybe $800?). MSRP for the car is $44,175 (basic package). Is there a way to get an estimate on the invoice price? What would I be paying monthly with this deal? Are the prices people usually negotiate below invoice or would this be the best deal? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Also, what is the expectation on pricing for a demo car if I'm able to find one. How much can be negotiated off the price they are giving? Any other advice will be great.
  • dilbert479dilbert479 Member Posts: 6
    Michaell said:

I suppose anything can be ordered, but your dealer may want a substantial deposit for something so specific.

How long does it take to get an ordered car?
    ilikethat said:

First time leasing a car. My membership card gives me a discount of $1,500 below invoice. I am looking to get a 2018 430GC and put only the taxes down in CA (estimate maybe $800?). MSRP for the car is $44,175 (basic package). Is there a way to get an estimate on the invoice price? What would I be paying monthly with this deal? Are the prices people usually negotiate below invoice or would this be the best deal? Thanks in advance for your help.

ilikethat said:

Also, what is the expectation on pricing for a demo car if I'm able to find one. How much can be negotiated off the price they are giving? Any other advice will be great.

Use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to access Edmunds pricing tools.
    Generally, invoice is 93% of MSRP for BMW, more or less.
    I wouldn't count on that deal with your "membership" card. Member of what?

Demos have their residual reduced by $0.25/mile. You should negotiate a deal that accounts for at least that much less than a new car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

How long does it take to get an ordered car?
    8-10 weeks, usually.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to access Edmunds pricing tools. Generally, invoice is 93% of MSRP for BMW, more or less. I wouldn't count on that deal with your "membership" card. Member of what? Demos have their residual reduced by $0.25/mile. You should negotiate a deal that accounts for at least that much less than a new car.
    Costco. So don't even bother with that huh?
    ilikethat said:

kyfdx said:

ilikethat said:

ilikethat said:

Use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to access Edmunds pricing tools.
    Generally, invoice is 93% of MSRP for BMW, more or less.
    I wouldn't count on that deal with your "membership" card. Member of what?

Demos have their residual reduced by $0.25/mile. You should negotiate a deal that accounts for at least that much less than a new car.

Costco. So don't even bother with that huh?

You can try.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rnny121rnny121 Member Posts: 34
    Whats the chances the RV goes up a percent or two next month? Each percent equates to $17 a month.

Its almost cheaper to lease a new 5 series right now.
  • rnny121rnny121 Member Posts: 34
    Looking ad on this thread it seems that the 4 series Gran Coupe has been steady at 57%. I could have sworn that at some point this year it was 61% for a 440 36/10k.

Was it 61% at any point or was this the 2017 model?
    rnny121 said:

Whats the chances the RV goes up a percent or two next month? Each percent equates to $17 a month.

Its almost cheaper to lease a new 5 series right now.

Residuals rarely go up. I'd guess the chances at less than 10%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

rnny121 said:

Looking ad on this thread it seems that the 4 series Gran Coupe has been steady at 57%. I could have sworn that at some point this year it was 61% for a 440 36/10k.

Was it 61% at any point or was this the 2017 model?

We don't archive the information. That was probably a 2017, but you are welcome to look back over the 300+ posts in this discussion to check.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• beniny123beniny123 Member Posts: 1
    hi all I'm new here. I'm trying to figure out if this lease deal is good. 18' 430i coupe awd with premium and luxury package, heated steering wheel, apple play and blind spot indicator.
    zip code 10535. 36 month lease with 15K miles per year.
    after dealer discounts price is $47,500 and then $3000 in dealer rebates.
    I was quoted a price of minimal $down (750) and monthly payment of $648.
    I don't know what the residual value for this car is .... Is this a decent deal?
    thanks in advance.
    beniny123 said:

hi all I'm new here. I'm trying to figure out if this lease deal is good. 18' 430i coupe awd with premium and luxury package, heated steering wheel, apple play and blind spot indicator.
    zip code 10535. 36 month lease with 15K miles per year.
    after dealer discounts price is $47,500 and then $3000 in dealer rebates.
    I was quoted a price of minimal $down (750) and monthly payment of $648.
    I don't know what the residual value for this car is .... Is this a decent deal?
    thanks in advance.

What is the MSRP?

.00152 and 54%
    $2000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hello. Are there any lease credits in December for the 4 series GC? What is the MF and residual?
    Can someone explain how you calculate the monthly lease payment of a car? 2018, 430 Demo GC MSRP $46,345 and selling for $38,914. I believe there is $2,000 incentive on this car. When I calculate, I get a gross cap cost of $40,489, depreciation amount of $12,535. Base cost of $348 + $98 rent = $446 for a lease.
    Dealership shows lease of $534 a month. Where is that difference coming from or am I not including something in my calculation?
    ilikethat said:

Hello. Are there any lease credits in December for the 4 series GC? What is the MF and residual?

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

ilikethat said:

Can someone explain how you calculate the monthly lease payment of a car? 2018, 430 Demo GC MSRP $46,345 and selling for $38,914. I believe there is $2,000 incentive on this car. When I calculate, I get a gross cap cost of $40,489, depreciation amount of $12,535. Base cost of $348 + $98 rent = $446 for a lease.
    Dealership shows lease of $534 a month. Where is that difference coming from or am I not including something in my calculation?

Use this link to build your own worksheet:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

ilikethat said:

36 months and 12k miles
    That's what I used to calculate and my number is off from the ad on the dealers site. Can you tell me if my number is correct based on the MSRP of $46,345 and selling price of $38,914? 36 months and 12k. Fees I have are Document Fees 80
    Acquisition Fee 925
    License and Registration Fee 0 (Car is a demo)
    CAP Cost Redction 270
    Disposition Fee 300
    Total $1575

MSRP 46345
    Residual % 56%
    Residual Value 25953.2
    Negotiated Price 40489
    Fees 1575
    Gross Cap Cost 42064
    Rebate 2000
    Adj Cap Cost 40064
    Dep Amount 14110.8
    3 year lease 391.96
    Rent 100.346144 (MF .00152)
    Pretax 492.31

Dealer has it as $534/mo plus tax

Why is there a $42 difference? Did I miss adding a charge or are they just charging at a higher rate.
    ilikethat said:

Michaell said:

ilikethat said:

36 months and 12k miles
    .00152 MF and 56% residual
    $2000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ilikethat said:

That's what I used to calculate and my number is off from the ad on the dealers site. Can you tell me if my number is correct based on the MSRP of $46,345 and selling price of $38,914? 36 months and 12k. Fees I have are Document Fees 80
    Acquisition Fee 925
    License and Registration Fee 0 (Car is a demo)
    CAP Cost Redction 270
    Disposition Fee 300
    Total $1575

MSRP 46345
    Residual % 56%
    Residual Value 25953.2
    Negotiated Price 40489
    Fees 1575
    Gross Cap Cost 42064
    Rebate 2000
    Adj Cap Cost 40064
    Dep Amount 14110.8
    3 year lease 391.96
    Rent 100.346144 (MF .00152)
    Pretax 492.31

Dealer has it as $534/mo plus tax

Why is there a $42 difference? Did I miss adding a charge or are they just charging at a higher rate.

1) You still pay license and registration, even on a demo.. Likely $500 or so.
    2) There is no upfront disposition fee. That is paid at the end of the lease
    3) You'll owe sales tax on the rebate
    4) Demos have the residual reduced, to account for the current mileage. Find out the actual residual amount.
    5) Your math is correct. But, it's irrelevant without the actual numbers from the dealer. Get those, and all should become clear. Be sure to ask them what money factor they are using, as they may mark it up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Hi, can you please give me some advice on leasing the 430i sDrive Gran Coupe? This will be my first time leasing, so I've been reading these forums for a few months now. Your comments have been really helpful. Sorry in advance for the long (-winded) post.

1/ What are the money factor and residual for a 36/12k lease for the 430i sDrive Gran Coupe?

2/ What is a good deal on the car, based on MSRP? I am seeing 7% off MSRP, but is that the price before Destination Fee, Training Fee, and MACO Fee? Or should 7% off MSRP be the total price?

3/ Configured to my liking on the BMW website, the car's MSRP comes out to $47,200 according to the site. However, the official BMW pricing guide prices the car at $48,100 MSRP. (Similarly, the official guide prices the base at $43,100, but the site prices it at $42,200.) Is this a known discrepancy? Off of which MSRP would you suggest I base my negotiations?

Thank you so much in advance, and for all of your help so far!
  • Hi, can you please give me some advice on leasing the 430i sDrive Gran Coupe? This will be my first time leasing, and your comments have been really helpful so far. Sorry in advance for the long (-winded) post.

1/ What are the money factor and residual for a 36/12k lease?

2/ What is a good deal on the car, based on MSRP? I am seeing 7% off MSRP, but is that the price before Destination Fee, Training Fee, and MACO Fee? Or should 7% off MSRP be the total price?

3/ Configured to my liking on the BMW website, the car's MSRP comes out to $47,200 according to the site. However, the official BMW pricing guide prices the car at $48,100 MSRP. (Similarly, the official guide prices the base at $43,100, but the site prices it at $42,200.) Is this a known discrepancy? Off of which MSRP would you suggest I base my negotiations?

jimbojet said:

Hi, can you please give me some advice on leasing the 430i sDrive Gran Coupe? This will be my first time leasing, so I've been reading these forums for a few months now. Your comments have been really helpful. Sorry in advance for the long (-winded) post.

1/ What are the money factor and residual for a 36/12k lease for the 430i sDrive Gran Coupe?

1) .00152 MF and 56% residual
    2) 7% off MSRP, period
    3) The lower prices are without the destination fee. The full MSRP is the higher number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nachomach0nachomach0 Member Posts: 2
    Hi!  Was wondering if anyone happened to have December’s MF & Residuals for 2018 430/440 Convertibles, 10k Miles/yr, 36 and/or 39 month, whichever is better (if there’s a difference).  Thank you in advance!

Hi!  Was wondering if anyone happened to have December’s MF & Residuals for 2018 430/440 Convertibles, 10k Miles/yr, 36 and/or 39 month, whichever is better (if there’s a difference).  Thank you in advance!

.00152 and 57% for both
    $2000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• needatlsneedatls Member Posts: 22
    Hello! Can you please share December’s MF & Residuals for 2018 440i Gran Coupe (RWD), 12k Miles/yr, 36 and/or 39 month.

Thanks!
    needatls said:

Hello! Can you please share December’s MF & Residuals for 2018 440i Gran Coupe (RWD), 12k Miles/yr, 36 and/or 39 month.

Thanks!

.00152 and 56% for 36/12; no 39 month residuals from BMW
    $2000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

1. Is MSD still available?
    2. I also spoke to a dealer who told me because the mileage on the demo is 9k miles, the residual on a 12k 36mo is 50%. He said the residual comes from corporate. Is that true?
    ilikethat said:

1. Is MSD still available?
    2. I also spoke to a dealer who told me because the mileage on the demo is 9k miles, the residual on a 12k 36mo is 50%. He said the residual comes from corporate. Is that true?

1) No
    2) Demos with over 5000 miles take a big hit on residuals. Yes, it's determined by BMWFS. Seems unlikely that is a good candidate to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• liverichly1liverichly1 Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2017
    What is the MF & residual for a 440i Gran Coupe, 36 mo / 15k miles? California.

Is the $2k lease credit still being offered in December?

I have 5 payments left on my current BMW Financial lease. The dealer says they'd be able to get those remaining payments waived. Is that actually possible or are they just going to finance those payments into the new lease adjusted cap cost?

Thank you.

What is the MF & residual for a 440i Gran Coupe, 36 mo / 15k miles? California.

Is the $2k lease credit still being offered in December?

I have 5 payments left on my current BMW Financial lease. The dealer says they'd be able to get those remaining payments waived. Is that actually possible or are they just going to finance those payments into the new lease adjusted cap cost?

Thank you.

.00152 MF and 54% residual
    $2000 lease credit

Don't have the particulars on the pull ahead program, but it's possible. Of course, if you use a pull ahead program, you'll forego the $750 loyalty rebate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx! Would I still be eligible for the $2k lease credit if using the pull ahead program? I understand the $750 loyalty credit would be waived when using pull ahead, but my current lease payments are $1k/mo so it'd be worth waiving the payments to waive the loyalty credit.

Does trading in a BMW negate any lease credits? I saw at https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers/road-home.html it says "Offer not valid to current BMW customers trading in a BMW vehicle" - not sure that even applies to the 4-series though.

Thanks kyfdx! Would I still be eligible for the $2k lease credit if using the pull ahead program? I understand the $750 loyalty credit would be waived when using pull ahead, but my current lease payments are $1k/mo so it'd be worth waiving the payments to waive the loyalty credit.

Does trading in a BMW negate any lease credits? I saw at https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers/road-home.html it says "Offer not valid to current BMW customers trading in a BMW vehicle" - not sure that even applies to the 4-series though.

Yes, the $2K lease credit is still available, even with the pull-ahead.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• naderade303naderade303 Member Posts: 41
    Could i please get 36/10

2018 430i x drive Gran coupe AWD

Could i please get 36/10

2018 430i x drive Gran coupe AWD

.00152 MF and 57% residual
    $2000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can someone confirm this information is correct? Am I getting a good deal for a demo car? My calculation seems to be off by about $25 and I don't understand what I'm missing. It looks like dealer has a different depreciation amount per month then what I am getting $351.57. Why?

MSRP 46975
    Residual % 57%
    Residual Value 26270.75 (subtracted $505 because of 2000 miles)
    Negotiated Price 40575
    Document Fees 80
    Acquisition Fee 925
    License and Registration Fee 51
    CAP Cost Reduction 116.38
    Total Fees 1172.38
    Gross Cap Cost 41747.38
    Rebate 2820
    Adj Cap Cost 38927.38
    Dep Amount 12656.63
    36 351.5730556
    Rent 99.1011576
    Pretax 450.6742132
    109.50% 493.4882634

The dealer is getting $507.

Can you advise if this would be a reasonable offer? I want to get a good deal but I don't want to insult the dealership. I have 5 payments left at $1k/mo on an existing BMW Financial lease. The offer would be an adjusted cap cost of 93% of MSRP, 3 payments waived with the pull ahead program and the $2k lease credit to pay (directly or indirectly) the remaining 2 payments on the car lease.
    ilikethat said:

Can someone confirm this information is correct? Am I getting a good deal for a demo car? My calculation seems to be off by about $25 and I don't understand what I'm missing. It looks like dealer has a different depreciation amount per month then what I am getting $351.57. Why?

MSRP 46975
    Residual % 57%
    Negotiated Price 40575
    Document Fees 80
    Acquisition Fee 925
    Total Fees 1172.38
    Gross Cap Cost 41747.38
    Rebate 2820
    Adj Cap Cost 38927.38
    Dep Amount 12656.63
    36 351.5730556
    Rent 99.1011576
    Pretax 450.6742132
    109.50% 493.4882634

What MF is the dealer using for their quote?

I'm about a nickel off your calculations using the base MF of .00152

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can you advise if this would be a reasonable offer? I want to get a good deal but I don't want to insult the dealership. I have 5 payments left at $1k/mo on an existing BMW Financial lease. The offer would be an adjusted cap cost of 93% of MSRP, 3 payments waived with the pull ahead program and the $2k lease credit to pay (directly or indirectly) the remaining 2 payments on the car lease.

Why end your lease 5 months early? That $2K is about $55-60/mo extra, if tacked onto the new lease.

93% of MSRP is a fair offer - before incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Can someone confirm this information is correct? Am I getting a good deal for a demo car? My calculation seems to be off by about $25 and I don't understand what I'm missing. It looks like dealer has a different depreciation amount per month then what I am getting $351.57. Why? MSRP 46975 Residual % 57% Residual Value 26270.75 (subtracted $505 because of 2000 miles) Negotiated Price 40575 Document Fees 80 Acquisition Fee 925 License and Registration Fee 51 CAP Cost Reduction 116.38 Total Fees 1172.38 Gross Cap Cost 41747.38 Rebate 2820 Adj Cap Cost 38927.38 Dep Amount 12656.63 36 351.5730556 Rent 99.1011576 Pretax 450.6742132 109.50% 493.4882634 The dealer is getting $507.
    What MF is the dealer using for their quote? I'm about a nickel off your calculations using the base MF of .00152
    I have their attachment on the first post but yes it's .00152, 3 years, and 10k miles. 
    ilikethat said:

Michaell said:

ilikethat said:

MSRP 46975
    Residual % 57%
    Negotiated Price 40575
    Document Fees 80
    Acquisition Fee 925
    Total Fees 1172.38
    Gross Cap Cost 41747.38
    Rebate 2820
    Adj Cap Cost 38927.38
    Dep Amount 12656.63
    36 351.5730556
    Rent 99.1011576
    Pretax 450.6742132
    109.50% 493.4882634

What MF is the dealer using for their quote?

I'm about a nickel off your calculations using the base MF of .00152

I have their attachment on the first post but yes it's .00152, 3 years, and 10k miles. 

The only other variable in a lease calculation is the adjusted cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator