Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Volkswagen Atlas Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• iwantacar77iwantacar77 Member Posts: 3
    I am a total newbie; I’ve never leased a car before. Any help you can provide would be so appreciated. I’m actually starting to get pretty freaked out and have realized I have no idea what I’m doing:| 

Im supposed to be going in tomorrow to lease a 2018 SEL AWD Atlas in zip 55429. MSRP (or what the car is on cars.com for) is $42,260. I’m trying to get the Trenton 20in wheels on them even though it is NOT an R line. Right now the car has the black wheels on them but I don’t like them.

I get a 13% family employee discount and some lease cash as well. She said in total the discount was about $5600. 

She has given me these monthly payments:

With $2200 up front: 
    12K:  $443
    15K:  $466

With first payment only up-front
    12K:  $494
    15K:  $520

What is the RV and MF on this deal for both 12k and 15k? 

Is this an ok deal in your opinion?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

I am a total newbie; I’ve never leased a car before. Any help you can provide would be so appreciated. I’m actually starting to get pretty freaked out and have realized I have no idea what I’m doing:| 

Im supposed to be going in tomorrow to lease a 2018 SEL AWD Atlas in zip 55429. MSRP (or what the car is on cars.com for) is $42,260. I’m trying to get the Trenton 20in wheels on them even though it is NOT an R line. Right now the car has the black wheels on them but I don’t like them.

I get a 13% family employee discount and some lease cash as well. She said in total the discount was about $5600. 

With $2200 up front: 

Thank you!

.00190 MF and 61%/59% residual for 36 months, on all AWD trims.
    $850 lease cash

Choose a vehicle that has the equipment you want. Swapping wheels or adding accessories can make your payment skyrocket, as those costs have to be paid for over just three years.

MSRP is the number on the window sticker. Don't trust an on-line listing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

With $2200 up front: 

Thank you!
    .00190 MF and 61%/59% residual for 36 months, on all AWD trims. $850 lease cash Choose a vehicle that has the equipment you want. Swapping wheels or adding accessories can make your payment skyrocket, as those costs have to be paid for over just three years. MSRP is the number on the window sticker. Don't trust an on-line listing.

Good advice. Thanks. 

She just told me putting on different 20in rims/wheels would cost $2421? Seems crazy when you can factory order the black wheels for $995. 

So for the MF-should we not accept anything higher then the .00190 you stated above? 

Thanks
  • scalptrashscalptrash Member Posts: 7

kyfdx said:

With $2200 up front: 

Thank you!
    .00190 MF and 61%/59% residual for 36 months, on all AWD trims.
    $850 lease cash

Choose a vehicle that has the equipment you want. Swapping wheels or adding accessories can make your payment skyrocket, as those costs have to be paid for over just three years.

MSRP is the number on the window sticker. Don't trust an on-line listing.

Good advice. Thanks. 

She just told me putting on different 20in rims/wheels would cost $2421? Seems crazy when you can factory order the black wheels for $995. 

So for the MF-should we not accept anything higher then the .00190 you stated above? 

Thanks

Don't want to jump in the middle here, but those payments seem high when using VW's own lease calculator on their website, vw.com. Build your vehicle to spec (SEL AWD w/20" Black Mejorada Wheels) on their site and there is an "Estimate Payment" link at the end. No clue what their numbers are behind the scenes and it definitely doesn't include tax, but I came up with a payment around $376/mo. with essentially $7800 down ($5600 off and $2200 down). That's also at full retail ($44,610), most dealers are discounting Atlas' at leat $2500 now.
    P.S. wheel price seems about right. The black wheels are just painted versions of the stock wheels. The Trenton 20" are probably more expensive to manufacture. Much better value just to get the R-Line.
    The 18" Trenton wheels are $1435 on the Tiguan for reference.
    P.S. wheel price seems about right. The black wheels are just painted versions of the stock wheels. The Trenton 20" are probably more expensive to manufacture. Much better value just to get the R-Line. The 18" Trenton wheels are $1435 on the Tiguan for reference.
    Awesome. Thank you for the info. Went in today and these were the terms. 

Anyone care to evaluate this for me? 

$433.95 for 12k and 36 months. 13% employee discount plus $800 lease cash. 

Im going to ask about that gap insurance. Was hoping it would be included. 

is there abything I’m missing here? Is there anywhere they can come down? Maybe some fees?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks. 

P.S. wheel price seems about right. The black wheels are just painted versions of the stock wheels. The Trenton 20" are probably more expensive to manufacture. Much better value just to get the R-Line.
    The 18" Trenton wheels are $1435 on the Tiguan for reference.

Awesome. Thank you for the info. Went in today and these were the terms. 

Anyone care to evaluate this for me? 

$433.95 for 12k and 36 months. 13% employee discount plus $800 lease cash. 

Im going to ask about that gap insurance. Was hoping it would be included. 

is there abything I’m missing here? Is there anywhere they can come down? Maybe some fees?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks. 

That looks exact. No issues
    All VW leases include GAP at no extra charge

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So you put $0 down? I see you're in MN, which dealer? I'll be shopping an Atlas soon here in the TC.
  • alwaysar00kiealwaysar00kie Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at V6 Atlas SEL (NY/NJ Area)

MSRP $43985
    Selling Price $41471
    Residual $26830
    MF 0.00190
    $529 for 36 month/12,000K miles
    $3605 Total out of pocket

thoughts?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,040

I am looking at V6 Atlas SEL (NY/NJ Area)

MSRP $43985
    Selling Price $41471
    Residual $26830
    MF 0.00190
    $529 for 36 month/12,000K miles
    $3605 Total out of pocket

thoughts?

I get $536/mo with those numbers; your quote looks good by comparison.

Why so much down? We suggest limiting up front cash to just the first payment and DMV costs; roll the other taxes and fees into the monthly payment.

If the car is stolen or totaled, you think you'll get a refund on the sales tax you pre-paid?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• alwaysar00kiealwaysar00kie Member Posts: 7
    Got it!  Just seems high for a 43k car, if I wait until early December would the rates be better (MF etc)?

Got it!  Just seems high for a 43k car, if I wait until early December would the rates be better (MF etc)?

No predictions on what may happen to the numbers in the future. I suppose it depends on how well they are selling.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

VW usually has Sign Then Drive lease events in December. Should be better, but not every model is included.
  • ineedacar2ineedacar2 Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2017
    Just got this back. Suspicious of the $699 number in NY. I told the guy over the phone I'm not paying a marked up money factor but haven't spoken since the email received. What other info should I ask them for to get a better understanding of price? I'm thinking I could do a bit better from the online calculators I used. Thanks!

Lease/36 months/12k miles per year
    Rolling taxes and Bank fee in the payment
    MSRP - $50,360
    Sale Price - $47, 582 on a lease
    $699 w/ 1st and DMV only

Just got this back. Suspicious of the $699 number in NY. I told the guy over the phone I'm not paying a marked up money factor but haven't spoken since the email received. What other info should I ask them for to get a better understanding of price? I'm thinking I could do a bit better from the online calculators I used. Thanks!

MSRP - $50,360
    $699 w/ 1st and DMV only

Ask for the adjusted CAP cost.
    Ask them to disclose the money factor being used.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ineedacar2ineedacar2 Member Posts: 23
    kyfdx said:

MSRP - $50,360
    $699 w/ 1st and DMV only

Money factor— .00190
    Adj. Cap Cost— $50,367.23

kyfdx said:

MSRP - $50,360
    $699 w/ 1st and DMV only

Money factor— .00190
    Adj. Cap Cost— $50,367.23
    I get $699/mo. with those numbers.
    About $2800 added to the CAP. That would include tax and the $625 acquisition fee. It's probably pretty close.

The Atlas doesn't have a great lease program, and I'm not sure that's a great deal, considering the $850 lease cash that the dealer gets from VW. But, the only issue is selling price. The rest of it, and the calculations look good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pg43468pg43468 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    Leased Launch V6 AWD in NJ - 12k/36 months
    Selling Price - 33647
    VW Care Lease Protection - 600
    Taxes - 691
    Lease Acquisition - 625

Gross capitalized Cost - 35562
    Trade In - 6600 - But split as - Fees (Document Prep, License, Title) - 739; First Month - 318; Capitalized Cost Reduction - 5544

MF - 0.0019
    Residual - 22149
    Monthly Dues - 318

Is this a good deal? My first time leasing...
    pg43468 said:

Leased Launch V6 AWD in NJ - 12k/36 months
    Selling Price - 33647
    VW Care Lease Protection - 600
    Taxes - 691
    Lease Acquisition - 625

Gross capitalized Cost - 35562
    Trade In - 6600 - But split as - Fees (Document Prep, License, Title) - 739; First Month - 318; Capitalized Cost Reduction - 5544

MF - 0.0019
    Residual - 22149
    Monthly Dues - 318

Is this a good deal? My first time leasing...

We would have suggested not using the trade equity as cap reduction.

About $470/mo true cost. Not bad, considering how poor the lease program is on the Atlas.

Congrats, and enjoy your new VW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vwgirl86vwgirl86 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a lease quote from a dealer here in NY and would like to know if the numbers check out. It was for an Atlas SE AWD 4 motion with Tech. MSRP $40185. Negotiated Price $37700. He gave me a payment of $512/mo for 36 months with 10K per year. No money down. I asked if there were any incentives right now and he said no. Is this a good deal or should I continue to shop?
    vwgirl86 said:

I just got a lease quote from a dealer here in NY and would like to know if the numbers check out. It was for an Atlas SE AWD 4 motion with Tech. MSRP $40185. Negotiated Price $37700. He gave me a payment of $512/mo for 36 months with 10K per year. No money down. I asked if there were any incentives right now and he said no. Is this a good deal or should I continue to shop?

.00190 and 62%; $850 lease cash

With your prices, I get $474/mo.

Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost, and make sure you understand what was added to and subtracted from the selling price to get that number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bkirk16bkirk16 Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2017
    What's the residual and money factor on a SE with technology package in the Boston area for November (36 months, 12k)? Similarly, any purchase or financing incentives? I imagine we won't know the new numbers for a few days yet.
  • ruizb18ruizb18 Member Posts: 16
    Hi Michaell - can you share MF, residual and lease incentives for Nov on Atlas SEL 4-Motion in Glenview, Illinois (Cook County). Looking for 36 months, 10 and 12k miles. Thanks!
  • cubbies2016cubbies2016 Member Posts: 33
    Hey Guys, same as ruizb18, but I need 36/15 (I'm in Cook County, IL as well).

Thanks!
    bkirk16 said:

What's the residual and money factor on a SE with technology package in the Boston area for November (36 months, 12k)? Similarly, any purchase or financing incentives? I imagine we won't know the new numbers for a few days yet.

AWD?
    .00190 MF and 60% residual
    $1150 lease cash

1.9% APR up to 60 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ruizb18 said:

Hi Michaell - can you share MF, residual and lease incentives for Nov on Atlas SEL 4-Motion in Glenview, Illinois (Cook County). Looking for 36 months, 10 and 12k miles. Thanks!

.00190 MF and 61%/60% residual
    $1150 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hey Guys, same as ruizb18, but I need 36/15 (I'm in Cook County, IL as well).

Thanks!

.00190 MF and 58% residual
    $1150 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tm151tm151 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, could I get the residual and MF in NJ, 36/10, Atlas SE, awd-4motion with technology, thank you in advance.
    tm151 said:

Hi, could I get the residual and MF in NJ, 36/10, Atlas SE, awd-4motion with technology, thank you in advance.

.00190 MF and 61% residual
    $1150 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bugzysdbugzysd Member Posts: 4
    Is there a similar topic/thread for purchase price paid? (instead of lease)
    bugzysd said:

Is there a similar topic/thread for purchase price paid? (instead of lease)

Not really -- the ones we had in the past didn't get a lot of posts when we migrated to the new forums software.

Use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the pricing tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tpug516tpug516 Member Posts: 4
    Could you please provide me updated MF / Residual numbers and lease cash for the SEL Premium in NY/NJ, 36/10?

How do think these numbers compare to prior months? Do you know anything about the Sign then Drive event and how that affects the overall cost?
  • corypilgercorypilger Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2017
    Could you please provide me with the Residual, MF & Lease cash for a 10K/36 & 10k/48
    SEL Front wheel drive - ZIP 85260
    tpug516 said:

Could you please provide me updated MF / Residual numbers and lease cash for the SEL Premium in NY/NJ, 36/10?

How do think these numbers compare to prior months? Do you know anything about the Sign then Drive event and how that affects the overall cost?

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Could you please provide me with the Residual, MF & Lease cash for a 10K/36 & 10k/48
    SEL Front wheel drive - ZIP 85260

.00150 MF and 59% residual
    .00200 MF and 52% residual

$1150 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zzmmmommyzzmmmommy Member Posts: 67
    We still haven't decided on a car and went back to VW to take another look. Sales guy came back with these numbers:
    Atlas SEL MSRP 42810, 36 months, 15k miles, Residual value: 23973
    $1500 down
    $625 a month
    He says they didn't discount the selling price of the car because we owe $4500 on our current lease (A VW passat), they will just take over the remaining payments. *No commentary on why we are I giving up the lease, long story and I know we are foolish :(. But there are solid reasons.

Does this seem like a good idea? Is the discount on a new car normally $4500 so it is a good trade to not get a discount and instead not worry about the remaining payments? I would have thought there would be some loyalty for going from VW to VW.
    zzmmmommy said:

We still haven't decided on a car and went back to VW to take another look. Sales guy came back with these numbers:
    Atlas SEL MSRP 42810, 36 months, 15k miles, Residual value: 23973
    $1500 down
    $625 a month
    He says they didn't discount the selling price of the car because we owe $4500 on our current lease (A VW passat), they will just take over the remaining payments. *No commentary on why we are I giving up the lease, long story and I know we are foolish :(. But there are solid reasons.

Does this seem like a good idea? Is the discount on a new car normally $4500 so it is a good trade to not get a discount and instead not worry about the remaining payments? I would have thought there would be some loyalty for going from VW to VW.

You might have $4500 of payments left, but what you don't know is what it cost the dealer to buy out the lease vs. the wholesale value.
    And, if you keep the car, you get value for that $4500 (you get to use the car). If you forego a discount on the new one, then you get nothing for it.

In other words, you are assuming the dealer is taking a $4500 loss on your Passat, when that might not be true. It's likely they are taking some sort of loss, but we don't know what it is. The whole deal is sort of opaque.

To get back to your first question, no, it doesn't look like a good idea.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

AWD
    kyfdx said:

tpug516 said:

FWD or AWD?
    AWD - also we do have 5 payments left on a lease that we need to get out of because we're out of room in our current card. Curious if you have any advice on how to handle that.
    tpug516 said:

AWD

kyfdx said:

tpug516 said:

FWD or AWD?
    AWD - also we do have 5 payments left on a lease that we need to get out of because we're out of room in our current card. Curious if you have any advice on how to handle that.
    The car is too small?

Your current vehicle has a payoff value and a trade value. Call the bank for the first number; check out a CarMax for the second, or check out the "real world trade in values" thread to get expert advise. Then, you'll know how much positive or negative equity you have.

.00190 and 61%; $1150 lease cash.

Not sure if "Sign then Drive" waives the up front costs, or simply adds them into the cap cost; check with your dealer on that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can I get the RV and MF for an Atlas SE w/Tech 12/36 and 15/36 AWD. In IL.

Can I get the RV and MF for an Atlas SE w/Tech 12/36 and 15/36 AWD. In IL.

.00190 MF and 605/58% residual
    $1150 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

apparently they are not interested in leasing these vehicles...

apparently they are not interested in leasing these vehicles...

They are still pretty new and quite popular. When demand slows down, the numbers are likely to get better....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

tpug516 said:

AWD

kyfdx said:

tpug516 said:

FWD or AWD?
    The car is too small?

Your current vehicle has a payoff value and a trade value. Call the bank for the first number; check out a CarMax for the second, or check out the "real world trade in values" thread to get expert advise. Then, you'll know how much positive or negative equity you have.

Not sure if "Sign then Drive" waives the up front costs, or simply adds them into the cap cost; check with your dealer on that.
    Yeah unfortunately and we have negative equity. But we are very packed in our current car. We're looking into having our remaining payments about $2k absorbed into our new lease. Not sure if there are any other options..

How does the lease cash work exactly? Is that how much VW gives the dealer to discount the MSRP?

We were quoted $645 with $1000 down for 36/10 (without our payments) - does that sound like a good deal? The MSRP is about $50k.
  • buffalotonybuffalotony Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know how much the VW Partner Program Purchase Certificate is worth? Sales rep wasn't sure if $500 or $1,000 but would like to confirm.
  • carobsessedcarobsessed Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2017
    Oregon Atlas 36/12 MF and Residual for SE, SEL all AWD please. Thanks in advance! 
    tpug516 said:

Michaell said:

tpug516 said:

AWD

kyfdx said:

tpug516 said:

FWD or AWD?
    The car is too small?

Yeah unfortunately and we have negative equity. But we are very packed in our current car. We're looking into having our remaining payments about $2k absorbed into our new lease. Not sure if there are any other options..

How does the lease cash work exactly? Is that how much VW gives the dealer to discount the MSRP?

We were quoted $645 with $1000 down for 36/10 (without our payments) - does that sound like a good deal? The MSRP is about $50k.
    Yes, lease cash is used to discount the car; negotiate your best price first, then apply the lease cash.

$2000 of negative equity will add about $55-60/mo to the payment.

Need to know the MSRP and adjusted cap cost, with taxes, fees and negative equity accounted for, to run the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Does anyone know how much the VW Partner Program Purchase Certificate is worth? Sales rep wasn't sure if $500 or $1,000 but would like to confirm.

We don't have that information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Oregon Atlas 36/12 MF and Residual for SE, SEL all AWD please. Thanks in advance! 

.00190 and 58%
    $1150 lease cash
    All AWD trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

We don't have that information.
    I have the same program, and for the Atlas it is $500.