Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 Volkswagen Atlas Lease Deals and Prices

1246763

Comments

  • dfy8811dfy8811 Posts: 13


    .00190 and 62%

    If I add the $1040 to the selling price, I get a payment of $582/mo.

    Your deal looks pretty strong.

    One suggestion - we recommend that your out of pocket only be the first payment and DMV / registration costs. Roll the taxes and other fees into the monthly payment.

    Thanks for the help. Pardon my lack of knowledge but why do you guys recommend rolling taxes and fees into the monthly payment?
    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    Can someone share the MF and RV for an VW Atlas SEL - 36 / 12K?

    Current deal has me at $550/month, $3125 at signing (taxes, fees, first month payment)

    MSRP 44,085

    I don't have the sale price in front of me. They are paying my last payment for current lease of an Acura MDX along with my disposition fee which is a total of $1,040 bucks roughly.

    Payment without these would be $521.

    Would love anyone's thoughts, feedback or guidance on the above.

    FWD or AWD?

    We would need to know the selling price in order to figure the payment.

    How is your MDX lease being addressed? The VW dealer is not taking it in trade?
    The selling price is $42,400 and is AWD/4Motion

    They are paying the last month and the disposition fee, again which would add $1,040.
    .00190 and 62%

    If I add the $1040 to the selling price, I get a payment of $582/mo.

    Your deal looks pretty strong.

    One suggestion - we recommend that your out of pocket only be the first payment and DMV / registration costs. Roll the taxes and other fees into the monthly payment.
    Thanks for the help. Pardon my ignorance but why do you recommend rolling in taxes and fees into the monthly?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,244
    dfy8811 said:

    .00190 and 62%

    If I add the $1040 to the selling price, I get a payment of $582/mo.

    Your deal looks pretty strong.

    One suggestion - we recommend that your out of pocket only be the first payment and DMV / registration costs. Roll the taxes and other fees into the monthly payment.

    Thanks for the help. Pardon my lack of knowledge but why do you guys recommend rolling taxes and fees into the monthly payment?
    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    Can someone share the MF and RV for an VW Atlas SEL - 36 / 12K?

    Current deal has me at $550/month, $3125 at signing (taxes, fees, first month payment)

    MSRP 44,085

    I don't have the sale price in front of me. They are paying my last payment for current lease of an Acura MDX along with my disposition fee which is a total of $1,040 bucks roughly.

    Payment without these would be $521.

    Would love anyone's thoughts, feedback or guidance on the above.

    FWD or AWD?

    We would need to know the selling price in order to figure the payment.

    How is your MDX lease being addressed? The VW dealer is not taking it in trade?
    The selling price is $42,400 and is AWD/4Motion

    They are paying the last month and the disposition fee, again which would add $1,040.
    .00190 and 62%

    If I add the $1040 to the selling price, I get a payment of $582/mo.

    Your deal looks pretty strong.

    One suggestion - we recommend that your out of pocket only be the first payment and DMV / registration costs. Roll the taxes and other fees into the monthly payment.
    Thanks for the help. Pardon my ignorance but why do you recommend rolling in taxes and fees into the monthly?



    1. Cuts down your up front costs
    2. If the car is stolen or totaled, you'd lose that cash you laid out up front - you think the state will refund you the pre-paid tax you paid?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    .00190 and 62%

    If I add the $1040 to the selling price, I get a payment of $582/mo.

    Your deal looks pretty strong.

    One suggestion - we recommend that your out of pocket only be the first payment and DMV / registration costs. Roll the taxes and other fees into the monthly payment.
    Thanks for the help. Pardon my lack of knowledge but why do you guys recommend rolling taxes and fees into the monthly payment?
    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    Can someone share the MF and RV for an VW Atlas SEL - 36 / 12K?

    Current deal has me at $550/month, $3125 at signing (taxes, fees, first month payment)

    MSRP 44,085

    I don't have the sale price in front of me. They are paying my last payment for current lease of an Acura MDX along with my disposition fee which is a total of $1,040 bucks roughly.

    Payment without these would be $521.

    Would love anyone's thoughts, feedback or guidance on the above.

    FWD or AWD?

    We would need to know the selling price in order to figure the payment.

    How is your MDX lease being addressed? The VW dealer is not taking it in trade?
    The selling price is $42,400 and is AWD/4Motion

    They are paying the last month and the disposition fee, again which would add $1,040.
    .00190 and 62%

    If I add the $1040 to the selling price, I get a payment of $582/mo.

    Your deal looks pretty strong.

    One suggestion - we recommend that your out of pocket only be the first payment and DMV / registration costs. Roll the taxes and other fees into the monthly payment.
    Thanks for the help. Pardon my ignorance but why do you recommend rolling in taxes and fees into the monthly?



    1. Cuts down your up front costs
    2. If the car is stolen or totaled, you'd lose that cash you laid out up front - you think the state will refund you the pre-paid tax you paid?

    I'm considering getting an Atlas as well on Long Island, NY. If I did taxes rolled in, what are is the interest on those taxes? Our sale tax rate is 8.625%. I don't mind a higher payment don't really feel like paying interest on an already high tax rate.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,244

    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    .00190 and 62%

    If I add the $1040 to the selling price, I get a payment of $582/mo.

    Your deal looks pretty strong.

    One suggestion - we recommend that your out of pocket only be the first payment and DMV / registration costs. Roll the taxes and other fees into the monthly payment.
    Thanks for the help. Pardon my lack of knowledge but why do you guys recommend rolling taxes and fees into the monthly payment?
    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    Michaell said:

    dfy8811 said:

    Can someone share the MF and RV for an VW Atlas SEL - 36 / 12K?

    Current deal has me at $550/month, $3125 at signing (taxes, fees, first month payment)

    MSRP 44,085

    I don't have the sale price in front of me. They are paying my last payment for current lease of an Acura MDX along with my disposition fee which is a total of $1,040 bucks roughly.

    Payment without these would be $521.

    Would love anyone's thoughts, feedback or guidance on the above.

    FWD or AWD?

    We would need to know the selling price in order to figure the payment.

    How is your MDX lease being addressed? The VW dealer is not taking it in trade?
    The selling price is $42,400 and is AWD/4Motion

    They are paying the last month and the disposition fee, again which would add $1,040.
    .00190 and 62%

    If I add the $1040 to the selling price, I get a payment of $582/mo.

    Your deal looks pretty strong.

    One suggestion - we recommend that your out of pocket only be the first payment and DMV / registration costs. Roll the taxes and other fees into the monthly payment.
    Thanks for the help. Pardon my ignorance but why do you recommend rolling in taxes and fees into the monthly?

    1. Cuts down your up front costs
    2. If the car is stolen or totaled, you'd lose that cash you laid out up front - you think the state will refund you the pre-paid tax you paid?

    I'm considering getting an Atlas as well on Long Island, NY. If I did taxes rolled in, what are is the interest on those taxes? Our sale tax rate is 8.625%. I don't mind a higher payment don't really feel like paying interest on an already high tax rate.

    It's a risk decision only you can make. Adding the tax to the cap cost only adds about $3.50/mo to the rent charge ($126 over the life of the lease)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Gents, Can I please get a RV/MF for a Atlas SE AWD, 36m/12k in Nebraska. Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,244
    hookahjoe said:

    Gents, Can I please get a RV/MF for a Atlas SE AWD, 36m/12k in Nebraska. Thanks

    .00190 and 62%

    $400 lease cash

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 239
    Hey guys, hoping to join everyone in the VW Atlas owners circle. I want the SEL Premium and let's see if one of the few arriving to my area over the next few weeks can be mine.

    The numbers from each dealer should be arriving tomorrow. This is my first time doing a lease so tell me if I'm on the right path. I used the Lease calculator on Edmunds and inputted the numbers from this forum. Here's what I've come up with:



    Some questions/comments from top to bottom:
    Vehicle Costs Section
    1) Sticker price of the vehicle is $49,415 (Although at least one of the models has the monster mats, cargo blocks and roadside kit and that one is $49,785 so I may be screwed $500 there). Looking online, it seems the best discount I'm seeing is $2k off so that's what I'm aiming for. The SEL Premium's are in high demand so I'm aware I may not even get that. And then $400 lease cash I assume is a direct discount
    2) The title, registration, and other fees doesn't have taxes listed But I'm assuming that's in there because the price on the bottom says "tax included"

    Trade in and Down Payment
    3) So far highest quote I've gotten on my '14 Acura RDX w/ 55k miles trade- n is $19,250. It was their first offer so Hopefully I can negotiate that up at the buying table.
    4) I've been told to try to do zero down. Is it possible then to send the positive equity I have on my vehicle towards an additional security deposit?

    Lease Financing
    5) The lease residual value I calculated as $47,415 (Sticker price - $2k) * 62% = $29,397.30
    6) I'm not sure of the Acquisition Fee yet
    7) I'm not sure if there's a security deposit

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    srizvi1 said:

    Hey guys, hoping to join everyone in the VW Atlas owners circle. I want the SEL Premium and let's see if one of the few arriving to my area over the next few weeks can be mine.

    The numbers from each dealer should be arriving tomorrow. This is my first time doing a lease so tell me if I'm on the right path. I used the Lease calculator on Edmunds and inputted the numbers from this forum. Here's what I've come up with:



    Some questions/comments from top to bottom:
    Vehicle Costs Section
    1) Sticker price of the vehicle is $49,415 (Although at least one of the models has the monster mats, cargo blocks and roadside kit and that one is $49,785 so I may be screwed $500 there). Looking online, it seems the best discount I'm seeing is $2k off so that's what I'm aiming for. The SEL Premium's are in high demand so I'm aware I may not even get that. And then $400 lease cash I assume is a direct discount
    2) The title, registration, and other fees doesn't have taxes listed But I'm assuming that's in there because the price on the bottom says "tax included"

    Trade in and Down Payment
    3) So far highest quote I've gotten on my '14 Acura RDX w/ 55k miles trade- n is $19,250. It was their first offer so Hopefully I can negotiate that up at the buying table.
    4) I've been told to try to do zero down. Is it possible then to send the positive equity I have on my vehicle towards an additional security deposit?

    Lease Financing
    5) The lease residual value I calculated as $47,415 (Sticker price - $2k) * 62% = $29,397.30
    6) I'm not sure of the Acquisition Fee yet
    7) I'm not sure if there's a security deposit

    Residual is a percentage of full MSRP.
    No idea where they get title/registration fees. Maybe from your zip code. Doubt it includes tax
    VW acquisition fee is $625
    Most banks waive the security deposit, if you have top tier credit.
    Can't comment on the tax, as we don't know your state or tax rate.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 239
    edited August 2017
    kyfdx said:



    Residual is a percentage of full MSRP.
    No idea where they get title/registration fees. Maybe from your zip code. Doubt it includes tax
    VW acquisition fee is $625
    Most banks waive the security deposit, if you have top tier credit.
    Can't comment on the tax, as we don't know your state or tax rate.

    Thanks for replying. I got some numbers from a dealer who's saying he can get an Atlas SEL Premium in 1-2 days. At first the phone convo didn't go well because his lease quote was coming in at high $800s + low $900s. But then when I sent him my breakdown, he explained what I was using vs him and said we would end up in the same ballpark.

    So here's a new breakdown using a different calculator. Numbers are inputted from what dealer provided me with and what kyfdx provided me with:


    Comments/questions looking at this top to bottom:
    1) Discounts: On the phone best he said he could do was a $1500 discount so my estimate to him showed the $1500 discount on top of the $400 Cash lease. He said his $1500 discount included the cash lease.
    2) Down Payment: This is $19,250 trade-in value of my '14 RDX AWD Tech w/ 55k miles - $17,565 payoff = $1,685. I asked if I could move the down payment into a security deposit so that I could keep the downpayment at zero but he said that wasn't possible.
    3) Residual: He also said because I'm doing 15k miles, the RV is at 60%.
    4) Money Factor: He said the money factor he was using was higher, but if the credit was good enough he would be at .00190 or close to it.
    5) Doc Fee + Reg Fee: He also said the Document fee is $299 and the Reg Fee is $331.
    6) Sales Tax: Maryland Sales tax is 6%. I asked him if we could do it so that the sales tax was on the monthly payment (as discussed in earlier posts in here) but he said in MD, tax is on the entire vehicle.

    I'm guessing Money Factor & RV aren't negotiable so if I want to have a lower monthly, I need to try to get more for my trade-in and more off the MSRP, correct?

    Lastly, as an FYI, here's my questions to him regarding putting the positive equity from my trade-in into a security deposit and if the tax could be done on the monthly, to which neither seems possible:




  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    srizvi1 said:

    kyfdx said:



    Residual is a percentage of full MSRP.
    No idea where they get title/registration fees. Maybe from your zip code. Doubt it includes tax
    VW acquisition fee is $625
    Most banks waive the security deposit, if you have top tier credit.
    Can't comment on the tax, as we don't know your state or tax rate.

    Thanks for replying. I got some numbers from a dealer who's saying he can get an Atlas SEL Premium in 1-2 days. At first the phone convo didn't go well because his lease quote was coming in at high $800s + low $900s. But then when I sent him my breakdown, he explained what I was using vs him and said we would end up in the same ballpark.

    So here's a new breakdown using a different calculator. Numbers are inputted from what dealer provided me with and what kyfdx provided me with:


    Comments/questions looking at this top to bottom:
    1) Discounts: On the phone best he said he could do was a $1500 discount so my estimate to him showed the $1500 discount on top of the $400 Cash lease. He said his $1500 discount included the cash lease.
    2) Down Payment: This is $19,250 trade-in value of my '14 RDX AWD Tech w/ 55k miles - $17,565 payoff = $1,685. I asked if I could move the down payment into a security deposit so that I could keep the downpayment at zero but he said that wasn't possible.
    3) Residual: He also said because I'm doing 15k miles, the RV is at 60%.
    4) Money Factor: He said the money factor he was using was higher, but if the credit was good enough he would be at .00190 or close to it.
    5) Doc Fee + Reg Fee: He also said the Document fee is $299 and the Reg Fee is $331.
    6) Sales Tax: Maryland Sales tax is 6%. I asked him if we could do it so that the sales tax was on the monthly payment (as discussed in earlier posts in here) but he said in MD, tax is on the entire vehicle.

    I'm guessing Money Factor & RV aren't negotiable so if I want to have a lower monthly, I need to try to get more for my trade-in and more off the MSRP, correct?

    Lastly, as an FYI, here's my questions to him regarding putting the positive equity from my trade-in into a security deposit and if the tax could be done on the monthly, to which neither seems possible:




    Multiple security deposits don't help a lot, unless you do the maximum number. At your payment level, your $1900 won't put much of a dent in the money factor.
    If this is AWD, the base MF is .00190 and the residual is 60% for 36/15.
    Don't accept a money factor that is over the base amount. VW dealers are permitted to mark up the rate, and they can mark it up a lot.
    Sales tax in MD is on the full selling price. That's a lot of tax.. It would push me towards a purchase, rather than a lease. But, if you are getting a trade-in credit for $19,000, that will help a lot.
    Registration fees should be set by the government. $299 isn't cheap for a doc fee, but it's typical for MD dealers.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 239
    ^thanks for replying. Although it seems that in Maryland, a trade-in doesn't help reduce the tax. Unless I'm getting incorrect advice from LeaseHackr:
    https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/maryland-tax-sale-price/142/6
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532
    srizvi1 said:

    ^thanks for replying. Although it seems that in Maryland, a trade-in doesn't help reduce the tax. Unless I'm getting incorrect advice from LeaseHackr:
    https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/maryland-tax-sale-price/142/6

    Yeah.. trade-in credit rules vary a lot by state. I thought that was unusual, but what do I know? ;)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Hi Guys, Can you let me know the MF and RV for an SEL at 36mo 12k mi and 48 mo/12k mi in Fort Lauderdale, FL? also are there any incentives? lease cash, etc.?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532

    Hi Guys, Can you let me know the MF and RV for an SEL at 36mo 12k mi and 48 mo/12k mi in Fort Lauderdale, FL? also are there any incentives? lease cash, etc.?

    FWD or AWD?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • FWD sorry
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,244

    Hi Guys, Can you let me know the MF and RV for an SEL at 36mo 12k mi and 48 mo/12k mi in Fort Lauderdale, FL? also are there any incentives? lease cash, etc.?

    FWD sorry

    36/12 - .00150 and 60%
    48/12 - .00200 and 53%

    $400 lease cash

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • I assume those are the same values for SE with technology FWD?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,244

    I assume those are the same values for SE with technology FWD?

    All FWD trims have the same numbers

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • thank you
  • I ended up getting this deal for an SEL FWD 36/12k with only the first payment due at signing ($528 tax in)
    The dealer needed to sell 4 cars to reach their monthly goal of 75 cars - what are your thoughts?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532

    I ended up getting this deal for an SEL FWD 36/12k with only the first payment due at signing ($528 tax in)
    The dealer needed to sell 4 cars to reach their monthly goal of 75 cars - what are your thoughts?

    That screenshot shows amount due at start of $1890.
    How was that covered?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • The Dealer must have paid for it... (I didn't...)
    what do you think?
  • Current lease rates for the AWD Atlas SEL Premium for 36/15 please? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532

    The Dealer must have paid for it... (I didn't...)
    what do you think?

    That's $1890 better than it shows, then. ;)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,532

    Current lease rates for the AWD Atlas SEL Premium for 36/15 please? Thanks

    .00190 MF and 60% residual
    $400 lease cash

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • 2018 VW Atlas Launch Edition AWD - Zip 14221
    $33,000 selling price

    Sound like a good deal ?
  • I ended up getting this deal for an SEL FWD 36/12k with only the first payment due at signing ($528 tax in)
    The dealer needed to sell 4 cars to reach their monthly goal of 75 cars - what are your thoughts?

    Was it easy to get this printout from them? I think it's so shady when dealers do not do this...... I am having a hard time besides trying to send over a number with no other info.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,244
    frnkrizzo said:

    2018 VW Atlas Launch Edition AWD - Zip 14221
    $33,000 selling price

    Sound like a good deal ?

    What is the MSRP?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • I ended up getting this deal for an Atlas Premium Model 36/12k. MSRP seems really high. Can you guys take a look. 60% Residual and Money Factor look good and what I asked for, but am I getting hosed on MSRP? I am in Texas so sales tax on purchase price. Payment looks really high, too.
  • mikeyrammikeyram Posts: 15
    edited September 2017
    lindztexas
    According to the printout above, I dont see where you are getting any discount off MSRP.. I believe box 11 should reflect the price you are paying after any discounts "Selling Price".
    In the early deal posted by fierros2001.. You can see that they are getting 42185-39474.62 = $2710.38 discount.

    Did they tell you that you would get a discount? Did you ask for a discount? Did you ask for lease cash?

    I think that $838 is in range for the lease payment given the costs outlined.

    I read that VW is offering 1.9% on 60 months.. But that puts you at $944 for $54k loan...
    Also my local VW dealer is advertising $1250 off MSRP on all Atlas...
Sign In or Register to comment.