Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2018 Mazda CX-5 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,175
    baraaaa said:

Hello. After learning that there is no more lease support for MY 2017, I'm looking for residuals, MF, and lease cash for AWD Sport and AWD Touring trims of the 2018 Mazda CX-5 in 53711. Please provide the # of months you think are most attractive with 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year.

Thanks again as always!

36/15 numbers; add 2% for 12K

.00018 and 58% (Sport) or 56% (Touring)
    $1390 lease cash for Sport trim only

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    eli_nani said:

Thank you for your help with this. I'm putting $1000 down + $750 loyalty + $360 lease cash = $2110 (drive off). And I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between NET CAP and PROPOSE? or what propose even means. The agreed price should be 26,388 if I get the 950 below invoice. And the net price seems a little high. But I'm confused and not sure if this all adds up.

Ask the dealer for the missing information, and for anything that is unclear. For a transaction this size, you want to have a full understanding of every number on the deal sheet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    valeaservaleaser Member Posts: 5
    Hello, this is the term sheet for a 2018 CX 5 GT AWD with premium package. Asking $0 down, $397/month. I am in Virginia, where the entire vehicle is taxed. Based on what I’ve seen on this forum, seems the dealership could do much better. This was also the opening offer at another dealership I visited.  Where is the wiggle room here? Shouldn’t my residual be at .60 or .61? Anything else I should point out? A friend of mine got hers (same MSRP I think) in the low $300s in Maryland, which I think has the same tax treatment. Would love any help. Thank you so much. 
  • Options
    soulishguy82soulishguy82 Member Posts: 4
    Hi

I got a quote from a local dealer today. (in CA)

2018 CX 5 GT AWD with premium package.

36/10k
    $33615 MSRP
    $1380.41 Total Drive Off
    $314 incl. tax

from this, I was able to lower the sales price by $500
    so I guess monthly payment will be ~$300

I asked a couple times (via email) what's in drive off but the salesperson didn't answer that.

What could be in it? besides acquisition fee and first month.

and should I pull the trigger?
  • Options
    garyh1garyh1 Member Posts: 394

Hi

36/10k
    $33615 MSRP
    $1380.41 Total Drive Off
    $314 incl. tax

I asked a couple times (via email) what's in drive off but the salesperson didn't answer that.

I got the exact same car (machine grey metallic) for my daughter for $288 BEFORE TAX with $2k down, so if your tax is 6% on each payment, that seems very equivalent. BTW, she loves the car!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,656
    valeaser said:

Hello, this is the term sheet for a 2018 CX 5 GT AWD with premium package. Asking $0 down, $397/month. I am in Virginia, where the entire vehicle is taxed. Based on what I’ve seen on this forum, seems the dealership could do much better. This was also the opening offer at another dealership I visited.  Where is the wiggle room here? Shouldn’t my residual be at .60 or .61? Anything else I should point out? A friend of mine got hers (same MSRP I think) in the low $300s in Maryland, which I think has the same tax treatment. Would love any help. Thank you so much. 

The residual is correct.

Is this quote from a VA dealer? Isn't the tax rate about 4.3%? That tax number is over 10% of MSRP. How can that be right?

What is the adjusted CAP cost?
    What is the amount due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Hi

36/10k
    $33615 MSRP
    $1380.41 Total Drive Off
    $314 incl. tax

DMV fees (about $400?)
    Doc fee: $80
    Acquisition fee: $595

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vacarenthusistvacarenthusist Member Posts: 10

The residual is correct. Thank you!

Is this quote from a VA dealer? Yes.

Isn't the tax rate about 4.3%? Yes, 5.3% (to factor in about 1% local tax)

That tax number is over 10% of MSRP. How can that be right? Assuming it is not right, I've calculated that my monthly tax payment should be approx. $47 using the 5.3% tax and approx. $100 using the tax number listed (took the tax and divided by 36 months). It seems that if they've offered $397/month I should be at approx $345/month when taxes are adjusted. I'd like to be closer to $320/$330 based one what I've seen on this forum in nearby states. Do you think this, or better is feasible?

I believe the adjusted CAP cost is $31847 as compared to the MSRP that is $34614. If that is right, should I continue negotiating the CAP cost? I know they havent included an approx. $500 rebate for Mazda loyalty.

My amount due at signing is the First month's payment only.

Thank you again for all of your help!
  • Options
    soulishguy82soulishguy82 Member Posts: 4
    garyh1 said:

Hi

36/10k
    $33615 MSRP
    $1380.41 Total Drive Off
    $314 incl. tax

I got the exact same car (machine grey metallic) for my daughter for $288 BEFORE TAX with $2k down, so if your tax is 6% on each payment, that seems very equivalent. BTW, she loves the car!
    Just finalized the deal. $273 + tax = $300 (with ~1400 drive off).
    This time I didn't even have to go to the dealer but communicate over email for a few days.
    (My wife stopped by the dealer to test drive though..)
    I guess I might be able to lower the sales price a little bit more if I tried harder...
    but I already spent lots of times researching different cars (and their numbers..)
    I got 9.9 years Leasehackr Score.. so I am ok!

Thanks for the comments!
  • Options
    Hi I got a quote from a local dealer today. (in CA) 2018 CX 5 GT AWD with premium package. 36/10k $33615 MSRP $1380.41 Total Drive Off $314 incl. tax from this, I was able to lower the sales price by $500 so I guess monthly payment will be ~$300 I asked a couple times (via email) what's in drive off but the salesperson didn't answer that. What could be in it? besides acquisition fee and first month. and should I pull the trigger?
    Just finalized the deal. $273 + tax = $300 (with ~1400 drive off). This time I didn't even have to go to the dealer but communicate over email for a few days. (My wife stopped by the dealer to test drive though..) I guess I might be able to lower the sales price a little bit more if I tried harder... but I already spent lots of times researching different cars (and their numbers..) I got 9.9 years Leasehackr Score.. so I am ok! Thanks for the comments!
    What is a leasehackevscore? Congrats! 
  • Options

The residual is correct. Thank you!

Is this quote from a VA dealer? Yes.

Isn't the tax rate about 4.3%? Yes, 5.3% (to factor in about 1% local tax)

That tax number is over 10% of MSRP. How can that be right? Assuming it is not right, I've calculated that my monthly tax payment should be approx. $47 using the 5.3% tax and approx. $100 using the tax number listed (took the tax and divided by 36 months). It seems that if they've offered $397/month I should be at approx $345/month when taxes are adjusted. I'd like to be closer to $320/$330 based one what I've seen on this forum in nearby states. Do you think this, or better is feasible?

I believe the adjusted CAP cost is $31847 as compared to the MSRP that is $34614. If that is right, should I continue negotiating the CAP cost? I know they havent included an approx. $500 rebate for Mazda loyalty.

My amount due at signing is the First month's payment only.

Thank you again for all of your help!

I wouldn't want to guess about any of that. Get the actual numbers they are using, then you can analyze it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hello again. $34614 is the CAP cost, selling price $31847. He said the taxes are inflated (10%) but don’t affect the lease payment bc it factors in the Virginia property tax (a true cost to own so to speak). The $397/month factors innonly the sales tax. I mentioned the deal above $340/month with zero down 10,000 miles/36 months and the dealer said he couldn’t do that. Said he could do no better than the deal pictured above under valeaser. Is this right? Should I find another dealer? Thank you so much for your advice. 
  • Options
    Lee LovellLee Lovell Member Posts: 30
    I am looking for CX-5 GT w/Premium numbers for 24/12K and 36/12K in 84606.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    lovell88 said:

I am looking for CX-5 GT w/Premium numbers for 24/12K and 36/12K in 84606.

Thanks in advance!

Assuming AWD
    36/12
    .00018 MF and 59% residual
    $200 lease cash

24 month numbers aren't favorable

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    valeaser said:

Hello again. $34614 is the CAP cost, selling price $31847. He said the taxes are inflated (10%) but don’t affect the lease payment bc it factors in the Virginia property tax (a true cost to own so to speak). The $397/month factors innonly the sales tax. I mentioned the deal above $340/month with zero down 10,000 miles/36 months and the dealer said he couldn’t do that. Said he could do no better than the deal pictured above under valeaser. Is this right? Should I find another dealer? Thank you so much for your advice. 

So... the tax number isn't the actual sales tax being charged?

Maybe, they could provide the actual numbers that are relevant to your lease deal?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    So... the tax number isn't the actual sales tax being charged? Maybe, they could provide the actual numbers that are relevant to your lease deal?
    Hello,

Thank you so much for the help you’ve already provided me. I really appreciate it. the actual tax appears to be $1390.91 on the Mazda CX-5 GT + Premium Package Im looking at.  They want $392/month for this car based on these numbers with payment of the first month payment only when I take delivery. That seems so high compared to what others have reported. Not sure what the “rent charge” of $351 is. Have you seen that before? They’ve also got a $300 payment at the end if I don’t purchase the vehicle from them. Is that typical? They’ve also conveniently removed the sales tax from the monthly payment section, so I have no idea what portion of the monthly payment that makes up unless I just do the math myself. Does this make any sense to you? I’d like to be in the low to mid $300s on this vehicle. They say they’d have to give me a  $4000 discount  to get those numbers. I just don’t see how they get there. Any further help you could provide would be much appreciated. 
  • Options
    valeaser said:

kyfdx said:

valeaser said:

So... the tax number isn't the actual sales tax being charged?

Maybe, they could provide the actual numbers that are relevant to your lease deal?

Hello,

Thank you so much for the help you’ve already provided me. I really appreciate it. the actual tax appears to be $1390.91 on the Mazda CX-5 GT + Premium Package Im looking at.  They want $392/month for this car based on these numbers with payment of the first month payment only when I take delivery. That seems so high compared to what others have reported. Not sure what the “rent charge” of $351 is. Have you seen that before? They’ve also got a $300 payment at the end if I don’t purchase the vehicle from them. Is that typical? They’ve also conveniently removed the sales tax from the monthly payment section, so I have no idea what portion of the monthly payment that makes up unless I just do the math myself. Does this make any sense to you? I’d like to be in the low to mid $300s on this vehicle. They say they’d have to give me a  $4000 discount  to get those numbers. I just don’t see how they get there. Any further help you could provide would be much appreciated. 

1) The actual MSRP is $34,320
    2) The rent charge is the finance portion of the lease payment X 36 months. (that's where the .00018 MF comes in).

3) $489 doc fee is the only "inflated" number I see
    4) Tax is relatively high in VA. It's about 10% of the payment.
    5) The calculations are correct. To get a lower payment, you need a lower selling price. Your deal is not bad. You can't do anything about the tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thank you so much, Sir! They aren’t willing to come down at all, so I think I’m moving on. Your advice has been invaluable and I thank you for that. 
  • Options
    valeaser said:

Thank you so much, Sir! They aren’t willing to come down at all, so I think I’m moving on. Your advice has been invaluable and I thank you for that. 

Lots of good choices out there; a very competitive segment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    sdouc99sdouc99 Member Posts: 51
    Numbers for Touring AWD and FWD 36/12 in 02108 please
  • Options
    sdouc99 said:

Numbers for Touring AWD and FWD 36/12 in 02108 please

.00018 MF and 60% residual
    Either model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    stanslikerenstanslikeren Member Posts: 1
    Touring AWD w/ Preferred Equipment Package 36/12k

MSRP $29,690
    Residual Value $17,814
    Sales Price $27,740
    California Sales Tax 7.75%

Dealer came back with the below:
    Money factor is .00068
    Fees up front is $500.00
    Payment is $333.25 + tax ($25.83) = $359.08

I informed beforehand that I preferred to pay all fees up front. Based on the "$500 fees up front," this makes me assume they are pairing lease/registration ($400) and document fee ($80) and adding a marked up acquisition fee to cap cost. Money factor looks to be 5x base MF for this, correct?

I'm going to reply back with my calculations and ask them to disclose everything going into the calculations or I'm looking elsewhere.

Please let me know if I'm thinking of this in the right way? Thank you all so much.
  • Options

Touring AWD w/ Preferred Equipment Package 36/12k

MSRP $29,690
    Residual Value $17,814
    Sales Price $27,740
    California Sales Tax 7.75%

Dealer came back with the below:
    Money factor is .00068
    Fees up front is $500.00
    Payment is $333.25 + tax ($25.83) = $359.08

I informed beforehand that I preferred to pay all fees up front. Based on the "$500 fees up front," this makes me assume they are pairing lease/registration ($400) and document fee ($80) and adding a marked up acquisition fee to cap cost. Money factor looks to be 5x base MF for this, correct?

I'm going to reply back with my calculations and ask them to disclose everything going into the calculations or I'm looking elsewhere.

Please let me know if I'm thinking of this in the right way? Thank you all so much.

MF is marked up the max allowed; politely tell the dealer you aren't signing anything until you get the base rate.

We actually recommend you roll the fees into the cap cost and payment - since the base MF is so low, you aren't paying that much interest on them, and if the car is stolen or totaled, you'd lose that up front money.

Just first payment and DMV costs should be paid at signing.

I don't think Mazda allows the acquisition fee to be marked up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    cap0zzolcap0zzol Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for CX-5 Touring AWD numbers for 36/12K in 20874
  • Options
    cap0zzol said:

I am looking for CX-5 Touring AWD numbers for 36/12K in 20874

.00018 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    Hello, gentlemen,
    Could you please provide 36/10 MF and Residual for Sport and Touring in NJ?
    Thank you very much!
  • Options
    disla said:

Hello, gentlemen,
    Could you please provide 36/10 MF and Residual for Sport and Touring in NJ?
    Thank you very much!

Assuming AWD, .00018 and 59% (Sport) or 61% (Touring)
    $1390 lease cash on Sport only

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    guitarist970guitarist970 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, can I get the current MF for 36/12 and residual on a 2018 AWD CX5 sport and touring in 60084? Any current lease cash?

Thanks!
  • Options

Hi, can I get the current MF for 36/12 and residual on a 2018 AWD CX5 sport and touring in 60084? Any current lease cash?

Thanks!

.00018 MF and 58%/60% residual for Sport/Touring
    $1390 lease cash on Sport, only

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jojo125jojo125 Member Posts: 8
    I am currently working on a deal for a cx5 touring awd in Kentucky and I don't have all the numbers yet but if my math is correct looks like the initial quote includes an apr in the neighborhood of 4.3%. This seems ridiculously high based on what others are posting. It is a 36\12 0 down deal and the initial quote was $387/month. msrp is 28545 and selling price right now is 27,891 ( have not negotiated price down yet). Does this seem like they are trying to over inflate the MF on this deal? Was not sure if the .00018 applied to Kentucky. Thanks in advance. I am just trying to get some good info so I can negotiate better.
  • Options
    jojo125 said:

I am currently working on a deal for a cx5 touring awd in Kentucky and I don't have all the numbers yet but if my math is correct looks like the initial quote includes an apr in the neighborhood of 4.3%. This seems ridiculously high based on what others are posting. It is a 36\12 0 down deal and the initial quote was $387/month. msrp is 28545 and selling price right now is 27,891 ( have not negotiated price down yet). Does this seem like they are trying to over inflate the MF on this deal? Was not sure if the .00018 applied to Kentucky. Thanks in advance. I am just trying to get some good info so I can negotiate better.

.00018 MF is nationwide.
    The maximum markup is .00050 for a total MF of .00068 (which is nowhere near 4.3% APR).

I would guess your calculations are flawed, in some way.

How much is due at signing on that quote?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    $557 is due at signing on that quote
  • Options
    jojo125 said:

$557 is due at signing on that quote

So, title/registration and 1st payment at signing?

If I add the $595 acquisition fee, I get $324/mo.+tax = $343/mo.
    With a marked up money factor: $347/mo.+tax = $368/mo.

I've noticed some pretty big dealer/document fees in KY, lately.. That, and possibly some crappy accessories added could make up the difference.

Fairly small discount, plus markups and garbage = bad deal.

Somewhere around $325/mo. including tax, with 1st payment and title/registration due at signing would be a good deal.
    Where are you in KY?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    louisville
  • Options
    and it would be just fees and first payment. I live in Indiana so all the title and registration I would do myself.
  • Options
    jojo125 said:

and it would be just fees and first payment. I live in Indiana so all the title and registration I would do myself.

I'd expand your search area.. that's not a very good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks, I will counter, but if they don't budge I will look elsewhere or even find a different car, a lot of choices.
  • Options
    jonathan53jonathan53 Member Posts: 18
    Hi, I am trying to get a Mazda CX-5 Sport trim out of Florida (33178). The Current offer they gave me was:

Adjusted Cap Cost: 24,874
    Residual Value: 58%
    Money Factor: 0.00018

Im really only getting a couple of hundred dollars off of MSRP, they had an inception fee of 1000$ and a dealer fee of 1000$ but gave a cash rebate of 1,750 which I assume is including the 1,390 lease cash incentive. I did love the test drive for this vehicle but ideally I was looking for a cap-cost of 23k. Is this deal fine?
  • Options

Hi, I am trying to get a Mazda CX-5 Sport trim out of Florida (33178). The Current offer they gave me was:

Adjusted Cap Cost: 24,874
    Residual Value: 58%
    Money Factor: 0.00018

Im really only getting a couple of hundred dollars off of MSRP, they had an inception fee of 1000$ and a dealer fee of 1000$ but gave a cash rebate of 1,750 which I assume is including the 1,390 lease cash incentive. I did love the test drive for this vehicle but ideally I was looking for a cap-cost of 23k. Is this deal fine?

That is the correct money factor and residual for 36/12.

I would assume the $1750 includes the $1390.
    Dealer fee - $1000. Really ridiculous.
    So, you need a discount of at least $1000, just to effectively pay MSRP. You'll probably have to introduce some competition.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    2018 cx5 touring awd + premium package
    msrp $ 29745
    adjusted cap cost $ 28954
    36/12 0 down
    $339/month with only first payment due at signing
    MF .00018
    Residual $17847

They claim they are losing money on this deal, wasn't sure if they are feeding me a line or
    is it actually decent deal?

• Options
    jojo125 said:

msrp $ 29745
    36/12 0 down
    MF .00018
    Residual $17847

They claim they are losing money on this deal, wasn't sure if they are feeding me a line or

no dealer will sell a car where they are losing money - somewhere, there is some profit for them.

What state and tax rate is this?

And, is it $0 down, or $0 due at signing? Big difference between the two.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    It is 0 down with only first payment at signing.
    The car would be leased in Kentucky but I live in Indiana so 7% tax rate.
  • Options
    jojo125 said:

msrp $ 29745
    36/12 0 down
    MF .00018
    Residual $17847

I get $317/mo.+tax, so the numbers look dead on (7% rate, right?)

With the acquisition fee rolled in, that looks like a pretty good deal from here.
    I doubt they are losing money. But, that's not where your focus should be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tbb4444tbb4444 Member Posts: 8
    Please provide the Mf and residual for the cx5 grand touring 36/10 in 11777.
    Thanks

• Options
    kyfdx said:

jojo125 said:

msrp $ 29745
    36/12 0 down
    MF .00018
    Residual $17847

I get $317/mo.+tax, so the numbers look dead on (7% rate, right?)

With the acquisition fee rolled in, that looks like a pretty good deal from here.
    I doubt they are losing money. But, that's not where your focus should be.
    Yea it is 7% tax. They just emailed me and dropped it to 325 per month. That I believe is a really good
    deal, Now I just have to figure out if I am going to pull the trigger. Probably not going to get a better deal than that. Thanks for all the help everybody.
  • Options
    tbb4444 said:

Please provide the Mf and residual for the cx5 grand touring 36/10 in 11777.
    Thanks

AWD - .00018 and 60%
    $200 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jrogers5jrogers5 Member Posts: 11
    Hi, do you have numbers for 2018 CX-5 Touring AWD and Grand Touring AWD in NY/CT?

24/10, 24/12, 36/10, 36/12

Thanks!
  • Options
    jrogers5 said:

Hi, do you have numbers for 2018 CX-5 Touring AWD and Grand Touring AWD in NY/CT?

24/10, 24/12, 36/10, 36/12

Thanks!

24/12 - .00175 and 71% (both trims)
    36/12 - .00018 and 60% (Touring) or 59% (GT)
    Add 1% for 10K
    $200 lease cash on GT only

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bootlegsaintbootlegsaint Member Posts: 22
    Hello! Can I have the MF/Residual for a CX-5 Sport Auto AWD in Upstate NY, 12208? Also, should we give home zips or dealer zips? Does it change even if it's the same town/city? Thanks for all your help! There's a $199 with $1999 due at inception deal at one dealership and a $254 with 0/down at another here and I'm trying to find the best deal or meet somewhere in the middle.
  • Options

Hello! Can I have the MF/Residual for a CX-5 Sport Auto AWD in Upstate NY, 12208? Also, should we give home zips or dealer zips? Does it change even if it's the same town/city? Thanks for all your help! There's a $199 with $1999 due at inception deal at one dealership and a $254 with 0/down at another here and I'm trying to find the best deal or meet somewhere in the middle.

2018 model Mazda programs are national.

.00018 MF
    56% residual for 36/15 (you didn't mention term or mileage)
    $1390 lease cash

$199 with $1999 due, and $254 with $0 due are the same deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator