Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lincoln Navigator

Comments

• auburn96auburn96 Posts: 43
    Have seen the specials on interest rates. The 3.9 is short term isn't it. Have not seen a deal on leasing as of yet...
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    A dealer in South Fla. is advertising $699 down, $699/mo plus tax for an 03 navigator. 36 months and 12K miles per year. Not sure what trim level this deal is for.
  • I have a new 02 with the video system. I purchased two additional wireless headphones for the third seat passengers and it works fine. The seven inch screen is crystal clear and is big enough to view from the third seat. Had XM radio installed and you cannot see any aftermarket installation indicators.
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 491
    Went to check out the '03 models over the weekend. Couldn't find one with the power running boards and one of the sales told me that it has some problem with this feature and Lincoln is working on it. Anybody heard about this? Also, dealers are willing to sell at $1500 over the invoice, even with special order. I haven't sat in the '03 Expedition yet, does anyone has? Any comments between the two?
  • bosbearbosbear Posts: 9
    I have been told that the running board is a late availability item. No problems just not scheduled to release until end of model year. I had wanted a Navigator equipped with the Ultimate package and the Navigation & entertainment systems and have been told these combinations will not be on the lot until later in the year. I have seen lots of the expeditions and Navigator with the Entertainment systems and they look great. The navigation systems however are very scarce and none are even showing up on the dealer’s inbound lists. As far as pricing, if I walked on to a lot, I easily found that dealers were willing to sell for $1,500 to $ $3,000 over invoice, even if I had to order it. But if I used email and their Internet contact, typically one of their fleet managers, I found it easy to be in the $500 to $750 over invoice with little negotiations. I ordered a black/parchment, ultimate package chrome wheels, nav & entertainment sys at $500 over invoice. Placed the order today with a $500 refundable deposit all by phone and never stepped onto the dealer’s lot nor did I ever personally speak to the sales person until I called to give my credit card number to process the deposit. So if any one wants a recommendation in southern California let me know. I will let you know if the process holds up in 6-8 weeks(estimated delivery time).
    John
  • apdiffapdiff Posts: 1
    From what I gather, it would seem that some of you are able to get better pricing over invoice than X plans. It seems that X plan is 4% over the discounted price that A plan (employees)get on the invoice. Is this the case?

I am looking at the ultimate 2003 with ent and nav and running boards. I had a 98 and currently lease a 2000.
  • mhenderson1mhenderson1 Posts: 164
    I went to the Lincoln Dealer the other day to sit in the new Navigator. To give a little background about myself, I am 6' 6" with a long inseam. When I sat in the navigator I could not believe how such a huge SUV could have so little legroom. It seems to me that the center console may be a little too wide, since it pushes my right leg into the steering wheel. I spoke with one of the dealers about my situation and he told me that a number of tall men who had viewed the Navigator earlier in the week had also been disappointed my the lack of leg room in the front. What was Ford thinking?
    I am 6'4" with a large build and also have to purchase cars based on how they fit me. I own a 2000 Navigator and have sat in the new one and fortunately find both of them quite comfortable. I know someone that is around your build with very long inseam and he needs to drive older caddy's or lincoln's in order to feel comfortable. I'm curious what car/truck best fits you.. I'll be car shopping within the next year and would like to know what models best meet your needs.
  • mhenderson1mhenderson1 Posts: 164
    I am in the market for an SUV, but I am willing to take my time with choosing since so many are coming out this year. So far, the only SUVs that somewhat satisfy me are the Acura MDX, Mercedes (ML series), Chevy Trailblazer and Envoy, Yukon, etc. (I like but the quality sucks), the Toyota Land cruiser (gives a lot of room, but the floor well is too high. There is no thigh support), and (ultimately if I had enough money) the newly redesigned Range Rover. I am currently waiting for the newly redesigned 4-runner.
    It seems that a good number of SUVs and cars (particularly foreign) have that wide center console which comes down at an angle. As a result, my leg gets trapped between the console and the steering wheel. Also the panel which runs above your leg is also at a steep angle, which in turn means that I am not able to touch the gas or break pedal.
    The only inexpensive car that I can fit in comfortably is the new Nissan Altima. In the this vehicle the floor well is deep and you can telescope the steering wheel to get around your legs.

Ford needed to research a little more before bringing this one out. I feel that a good majority of people who buy these large SUV's are people who need a large vehicle to support there large body frames. But the new Navigator seems to be made like a small german or asian sports car which has the center console an no room. They should take some ques from the new Ranger Rover.
  • nhidenhide Posts: 1
    My girlfriend picked up a 2003 Navigator Ultimate under the X-Plan price of $48316. Dealer Invoice was $48205 including the $540 LMDA Assessment from the factory. That's just $111 over Invoice. I understand FMC employees can get it for $46218 under the A & D Plan. The numbers indicate the X-Plan price to be 4.5% above FMC employee pricing.
  • I stopped at the dealership and compared the 02 I purchased two months ago with the ultimate 03 model. There is no comparison in interior size. The 02 is larger hands down. I do not see where the dvd system would go in the 03. Did not drive the 03, but it is a smaller suv.
  • Does x-plan pricing vary from partner to partner? My company (not ford) now allows us to get x-plan pricing. I ran a few sample navigators on-line and am consistently showing about $700 over invoice.
  • auburn96auburn96 Posts: 43
    Can someone explain the X-Plan to me?

Not many ulitmate models on the lots just yet. Desire an 03 in ultimate with DVD, Navi, and haven't decided on the wheel choice because I have not seen the polished chrome wheel. Has anyone seen these wheels?

blackrhino1...the DVD system hangs on the ceiling just in front of the 2 row seats. The screen flips down from the ceiling and the small DVD disc area is just above the screen...
  • the x-plan is a program that Ford starting offering Ford partners or vendors. They actually have a website, but you need a password. The deal is supposed to be Ford employee price +4%. If you go to the web site they give you a few examples on Fords, Lincolns, LandRovers, Volvos etc.. It varies a little dependant on the make. It seems to be most useful on hot cars the dealers are not willing to negotiate on. It works on all of the products under the Ford umbrella, I'm waiting to see the pricing on the Volvo XC-90. Its pretty good if your company participates, they actually brought a truckload of the various makes to my company and answered questions about the x-plan pricing. They were really pushing the program.
  • karz10karz10 Posts: 106
    I wish I was shopping for a new Navigator, but that's not in the plan yet. However, I am considering purchasing a used Nav, I'd prefer to find a '00 w/ m/r and climate seats, but would consider a clean '99

So I guess I thought I'd check here since some of you may have owned these vehicles to see if you had any feedback for me, tips on buying a used nav, problems to look for, any comments are appreciated, thank you.

Karz
  • I used the X Plan and received a total discount of $10,450.00 on the purchase of the special edition 02. Really like the truck except the 17 inch polished rims. They look good, but on my recent trip to Virginia Beach, I talked to some owners with 20 - 23 rims. The navigators really looked nice. Might investigate once I put some miles on these tires.
  • mikeyrm1mikeyrm1 Posts: 1
    Hello, just purchased a 98 Navigator, 63K miles. Noticed that when I am backing up in reverse and than put it in drive, there is a slight hesitation. Is this normal. Everything else seems great with the vehicle. Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077
    A reporter is looking for businesspeople who are drivers of the Lincoln Navigator and the Acura 3.5 RL. If you fit this description and are willing to share your story and contact information, please respond asap no later than Monday Aug. 5 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern to [email protected] Thanks!

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• Test drove the 2002 Toyota Sequoia and the 2003 Lincoln Navigator yesterday. Navigator wins hands down. The Toyota engine, although smooth, seems too small for the vehicle. The Navigator is the most impressive vehicle I've driven by far. Plush, powerful and user friendly. Plus, the safety factor of numerous air-bags. I qualify for X Plan Pricing and will either buy a demo 2003 4X4 or new one by September. Hopefully there will be no problems with the X Plan. Anyone experienced problems? Is this the best price out there? I'm a 1997 Grand Cherokee Limited owner and thought I'd never drive anything but a Jeep. Jeep quality has gone down. Lower front window causes me to bend down to see the red light. The Jeep's interior lacks the wood trim and plush, yet rugged feel of my older model. Leather is also inferior. Looks like Jeep is trying to save money on their manufacturing process. Any 2003 Navigator owners' thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am an autobroker in Southern CA. My client has ordered a 2003 Navigator Ultimate with the DVD Entertainment System. Can the system be used (listened to) with headsets? I know that in prior years, the car came with headsets and does not in the new model. However I was told that you can purchase your own for the system.

My client went to look at the car on his own and was told by a dealer that you can only listen using the rear speakers in the car. My contacts cannot confirm or deny because they do not have a similarly equipped car in stock.

I know that there are 3 ports - one for the game boy, the others for the ........?

Now I am going to the experts - all of you on the message board. Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    extended deadline...

A reporter is looking to talk with drivers of the Lincoln Navigator and the Acura 3.5 RL. If you fit this description and are willing to share your story and contact information, please respond asap no later than Friday Aug. 9 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern to [email protected] Thanks!

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Road Test: 2003 Lincoln Navigator

Steve

Host

SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Just got back from a short weekend getaway... as I was driving home I noticed the wheel shaking pretty bad at 30-40mph... at higher speeds the truck's ride got really rough also. I checked the tires and they seem fine. It seems like it has got a bad wheel alignment problem, but do these things just pop up out of nowhere? Yesterday everything was fine! Looks like I'm heading back to the dealer for yet another minor but annoying problem. I really WANT to like this truck but it just isn't giving me many reasons to do so. Lease is up in 11 months and counting....
    It seems the "shakes" I described on the above post were due to bad tires! Yep, after only 16K miles and absolutely NO off-roading my service rep advised me that the tires on the truck were bad and needed to be replaced. Needles to say I was shocked! I would think tires would go bad so quickly only if there was a bad alignment problem for quite some time, but I've taken the truck in for regular maintenance without a whisper from the service reps that there was a problem.

I must give Ford their due credit though because instead of giving me excuses as to why the tires went bad they simply decided to change all five tires at no cost to me (just a $50 wheel alignment). Yes, it is an inconvenience to have to go back to the dealer for new tires so soon, but it is refreshing to see a company willing to help out their customers quickly and efficiently when a problem like this pops up. I hope to have my Navigator back this afternoon and am crossing my fingers that the "shakes" will be gone for good! Has any other navigator owner out there had similar tire issues?
    Sorry for the major spam attack, but this one kinda sounds like fun...

A contact of ours is looking for a group of luxury SUV enthusiasts who would be willing to come to Irvine, CA August 24th from 9am to 3pm for a test drive, focus group and lunch. Participants will be compensated for their time. If you are interested in participating in this event, please send an email with your contact information as well as the model vehicle you drive to: [email protected]
    Thanks for your consideration!

• Continental just announced a recall for 2000 and some 2001 gators and Expy tires which might explain the dealers action.
  • For what it's worth, I'm just completing a 4 year stint with my leased 99 Navigator. Have 58,000 miles on the clock. Only repair in 4 years was an 0 ring about a year ago that evacuated my A/C coolant. I'm so pleased and impressed with the car, I just bought it out of the lease. Something I have only done once before. I recently drove the competition, including the Sequioa, which didn't impress me much. The 03 Navigator is awesome, but too expensive now, and they're not dealing yet. I'll wait with this one. It's just fine.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Continental Tire Recall

Steve

Host

SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

After just having all of my tires replaced I open up the newspaper and read that the tires are being recalled.. MY 2000 2wd navigator fits the recall profile. Just thinking that I drove several hundred miles on these tires over the summer with my wife and 9 month old make me cringe. When my vehicle started shaking badly on my last trip I thought it was just an isolated problem.. guess not. While I was happy to have my tires replaced quickly and easily, I can't help but feel that my dealer knew there were issues with these tires for a while now (hence the quick fix). I really hope Ford (and all other manufacturers)are learning their lesson and will provide safe tires in the future. I know nothing about tire science and don't know if these problems could have been foreseen or if someone's just been cutting corners to save $$. I thank God these tires did not cause me or my family harm. By the way, my Navigator is running smooth as can be with the new Michelin Cross Terrain Suv tires... I PRAY these tires are safe!
  • You know, nobody purposefully puts "bad tires" on their new product. That would be suicidal. Of course, there is always bidding and price comparison issues, and that's how subcontractors, like Firestone, or Continental get their tires on the cars. From my insider friends, I can tell you that Bill Ford has told his dealers to take care of their customers or else. I can also assure you that from this point on, nobody will be more safety conscious than Ford will, as evidenced by the Michelin replacement tires the dealer put on for you. I've never heard of a Michelin tire failing, so drive with confidence.