Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midsize Sedans 2.0

1537538539540541543»

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,521
    I saw a few White Acura ILX A-Specs on the road today. Very sharp.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

• benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 5,284
    Yeah, the ILX is nice looking, and it's certainly a good deal. The base model is $26k, which is less than some economy cars. A fully loaded ILX A-spec ILX has an msrp of about $31k. The ILX is sort of like a luxury Civic Si with an 8-speed DCT. Still, even with all of its updates it's been around a long time, and so next year's all-new ILX, or whatever it's going to be called, can't come too soon.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 12,326
    benjaminh said:

Here's a photo of the wheel and tire on the Accord Touring 2.0.

Huge wheel, tiny rotors.
    '15 Audi S4 quattro AWD Prestige, '16 Audi TTS quattro AWD 2.0T, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD 2.0T
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,878
    Needs more sidewall. One reason to get the EXL with 17’s

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,946
    Wow, I see I'm not the only person who hasn't been on Edmunds lately!

It's been a year since I leased my 2020 Forte LXS. (Yeah, technically not a mid-sized car but I think the EPA considers it mid-sized.) Taking it in for an oil change tomorrow even thought it has only 5000 miles on it--not a bad idea to change the oil at least every 6 months, plus I got a coupon from a Kia dealer for oil/filter/tire rotation/inspections/wash for $40, and I can check out the new Seltos as a possible replacement for my wife's CX-7 in a year or two.

There's a voluntary recall on the "IVT" (CVT) for a software update and potentially replacement of the transmission, but I think I'm going to pass on it. There's no hint of trouble from the transmission, the car drives great, and it consistently gets around 50 mpg on highway trips (took 3 short trips this summer & fall) and around 40 in suburban driving, which isn't too shabby considering the EPA overall mpg is 33 and highway is 40. That's based on the gas tank; the trip computer reads a little higher than those numbers. As they say, if it ain't broke...

I learned a trick during my first long trip (~300 miles total) this summer. When I activated the cruise control, the RPMs would jump up 400-500, so instead of cruising at 1800-2000 RPMs it was well over that. But just for grins I decided to use the manumatic shift option, and I saw that the default is "6" when cruising at 65-70 on the highway. But I found out I can upshift two clicks beyond that, so the readout shows "8" (highest it goes). And the RPMs dropped down around 1800! And that gives me the ~50 mpg on the highway even with cruise on. I have to downshift going up hills, but it's kinda fun shifting for myself again.

I'm pretty sure I'll keep this car when the 2-year lease is up next December. The way that used car prices are soaring, my buyout is a great deal, about $11,500 + tax, which is a LOT lower than the price of a barely-used Forte on the lots, even a 2019 model. Until then I'm enjoying my $99 payments. :)
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 5,612
    Great write-up about your Forte. $99/month is a killer deal and the buyout is really a no-brainer to keep it. I've maybe gone 4K this past year, probably closer to 3500 instead of the 13K I used to drive. Had to fix a hard to find oil leak and then an axle boot but all seems quiet now so with just under 66K on the clock, the Golf will stay in our fleet until something major goes wrong and I just say enough. Part of me wants to go back to "cheap to keep" which means either Japanese or Korean so we'll just have to see where thins end up.
    The Forte was supposed to be in our garage right now as the wife had finally decided to buy one back at the end of 2014 until I said to go check out the new Audi A3 at the Audi store right next door to our development. And the rest is history...she ought the A3 and until now, been a great flawless vehicle. Now, the dreaded oil leak on the garage floor that keeps coming back. So, January 11th, it's going to our new mechanic to be diagnosed/fixed. First issue in over 60K miles except needed to add some oil twice. Not bad I'd say!

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 11,707
    What was the amount due at signing on the $99 Forte?

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,946
    tjc78 said:

What was the amount due at signing on the $99 Forte?

About $1,800, including first payment, tax (in MN you have to pay sales tax on the lease payments up front), title, license, acquisition fee, and what I'd call a buy-down on the residual, but they didn't call it that (see below). Factoring in a drop in my auto insurance rate (funny that a 2020 Forte would be less than a 2011, maybe for the better safety) and gas savings, it was a deal I couldn't resist. And no more worries about my old Forte breaking.

Funny story on the lease... when I was sitting at the salesman's desk a year ago, he was gone for awhile so I ran the numbers on the deal on my phone calculator--and they didn't add up to what they said they should be. The tax seemed WAY too high. So I checked the state tax web site and confirmed my number, and when the salesman returned I asked him if he could walk through the numbers for me. He seemed pissed that I asked for that, so I said no problem, I'll ask the finance manager when I talk with him. So I did. He initially said that their calculations were correct, they always did them that way etc., but I persisted that the tax seemed out of whack so he went into his online deal calculator and, sure enough, my figure for tax was correct. He then said that there's an additional "fee" in there that's not tax, but it was not negotiable. I thought it was a still good deal so I went ahead, but I suggested that in the future they might want to break that fee out instead of calling it "tax". :)

Oh and on that recall on the IVT/CVT... the dealership really pushed it and said they'd check for error codes and if there were none all they'd do is a software update. They didn't find any error codes.