Options

Ford Expedition Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    fordexpofordexpo Member Posts: 11
    These Expeditions are great and dependable. If you keep up with the maintance it will out last you. If you are concerned about fuel it is a pig on gas. Although on the highway we get about 18-19 mpg but city can only average 13?. Still love it and I towed a 1997 Lincoln Towncar on a trailer at 65 mph 60 miles last week. Buy it!!
  • Options
    txsuntxsun Member Posts: 2
    I found a locally owned Limited 4x4 with 24k miles on it for $30k. According to the pricing I'm seeing on Black Book and through NADA, the price looks too high.

The trade-in on it, for an Average rating, is around $24k. My thought is to offer them 5% over the trade-in price, which would be around $26k. That would allow them to make a little profit on the vehicle and still give me a fair price.

Any thoughts on this method? Also, is there any way to find out what the original owner received for their trade-in?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    blackbear06blackbear06 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at purchasing a limited 09 Expedition (doesnt really matter to me if it is an EL or not), does anyone know what dealers are offering right now? Or any purchasing stories?
  • Options
    tl68tl68 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a new 2009 EL Limited, paid $1800 under invoice. That includes $2600 in rebates.

I did a lot of shopping around and it was hard to push the dealers for a "great" price as there isn't a huge supply of these out there. At least not a lot of bare-bones Limited EL's like I wanted; you can find plenty with the luxury package and other extra junk, but they get pricey.
  • Options
    wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Used prices seem to be unusually high. My residual on a 2 year lease of an EB 4x4 is 22,300. Current trade in is $26 to $27K. PPV is over $30K. I really didn't want to purchase this but I can't see letting Ford have this back at $22.3K I've already paid for that extra. I'll probably never lease again.

I hate to fool with it but I may buy it and then sell it.
  • Options
    tmango4tmango4 Member Posts: 1
    do you like your king ranch, i have been looking for one as well but it looks like you got a really good deal.... where did you find it?

thanks
  • Options
    jim10jim10 Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    I am looking to purchase a King Ranch with the following options under the X-Plan. Would anyone have any comments on the best pricing and terms out there? In other words, is the X-Plan the best deal before the incentives?
    2nd row bucket seats
    Daytime running lights
    Remote start
    401A Rapid Spec package
    Retail is $56,650
    X-Plan is $51,938

Finally, do you have any idea how long these take to build? I've been told 6-8 weeks.
    Many thanks!
  • Options
    budnisabudnisa Member Posts: 4
    I am considering buying a 2010 Expedition EL Limited. What is a good price to pay for this truck? Are dealers willing to discount from MSRP? If so how much?

Thanks in Advance
  • Options
    mrpandamrpanda Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2010 EL from Bredemann Ford in Glenview, IL for "Dealer Invoice". I had to order it because all the other Expeditions in the area were either to loaded or the wrong color. It took 2 1/2 months to get the vehicle but well worth it.
  • Options
    harkencoharkenco Member Posts: 1
    Priced out a 2010 Limited 4x4 in Salt Lake last week. Loaded with Spec 401A. $45800 + ttl. MSRP 51700. If I trade my Honda they'll drop the price another 1k. Only thing this one didn't have was remote start.
  • Options
    harleybyker2harleybyker2 Member Posts: 1
    i'm thinking about buying a used 1999 expedition with 162,000 miles on it for $4,000,does anyone have a opinion on if it is a good buy?
  • Options
    shangydshangyd Member Posts: 25
    Nobody buy expedition recently? See the newest report are more than 1 year ago. Maybe because of the hiking gas price:-)
  • Options
    coffeemlkcoffeemlk Member Posts: 20
    Call me crazy with gas at $3.50 gal; but I just bought a new 2011 Expedition Limited, pearl white. I bought my last new Limited in Nov. 2008 when gas was $4.50 a gallon. In 2008, I got $9000 off MSRP and it ended up costing only $32,000. I drove it a year, gas went down, and sold it for $30,000.

My new 2011 Limited has a MSRP of $46,530, dealer sold it to me for invoice $44,175 minus $3000 in rebates, net cost $41,175. ($5355 off MSRP) Not as good as 2008, but 2008 was in November at end of year inventory blowout time.

I say buy when no one else is and get the best deal.
  • Options
    timj757timj757 Member Posts: 13
    I am hoping to get some help from anyone who has purchased an expedition lately? I wanted to know what package had the Ipod and navigation included in it? Also, does anyone know how the A plan works? I have an Uncle who said he could get it for me but I was wondering if that means the car would be sold at invoice below invoice or what? Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Timj757