Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

turban1turban1 Member Posts: 5
edited January 2014 in Honda
Just bought a 2 wheel drive, auto CR-V LX, in the San Diego area. Paid 17,995 for it, plus tax and lic. Also got a 3.9 five year interest rate through Honda.

Comments

• crv2003crv2003 Member Posts: 5
    2003 CR-V/EX Model: All the dealers in our area(NJ)were asking MSRP w/Dest Charges = $22,860. We made our deal at $22,000. Considering these vehicles are not sitting on the lot and are sold before they get to the dealer, we thought we faired well with our $860 off. Oh, and I did get them to throw in a cargo tray worth another $106.

I also sold my 1999 CR-V to the dealer for $14,000 (Kelley Blue Book said trade-in was worth $12,665 so I thought that was decent). I realize we could have done better selling privately, but didn't want the hassle of doing so. I hope we did ok. I didn't want to make a killing, but I also don't want to feel I took a bath.

By the way, we ordered the Eternal Blue Pearl, it's on the next shipment arriving at the dealer in about 2+ weeks. I had never seen the blue in person when I ordered this color (by the paint chip in the brochure), but just yesterday I saw one in a parking lot and yes it was dirty, but I was kind of disappointed. It looked soooo dark!

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has the Eternal Blue Pearl for awhile - are you happy with the color, does it show dirt too easily? Any feedback is welcome. My dealer told me I can switch the color - but of course it also means I would have to wait till February. I love blue, but maybe this is one blue that's not for me???
  • mlandau1mlandau1 Member Posts: 8
    and do you think you would have gotten that price without the trade?
    Actually I did not exactly do a trade-in.
    They wanted to give me $12,000 on a trade-in and the new purchase would have been $22,400 (MSRP less destination charges).

When I decided against it, they asked if I would be willing to sell my old Honda outright that day and they would give me my asking price of $14,000.
    Supposedly they had someone who wanted to buy it.

By the end of the day we decided to to go with that. So we sold the vehicle outright that day and then negotiated on the new vehicle for $22,000.

The dealer is in Morris County, NJ (North-Central, NJ)
    That is where I live. Could you provide the dealer name and salesperson's name?
    I'm new to posting on this site so I didn't know if I should post sales person's name on site - not sure it's proper to put his name out there without his permission for everyone to see. But if you could give me an e-mail address to send it to, we could certainly exchange that information a little more privately, and I could give you more detail information on anything else you might want/need to know about my experience at the dealer. I'll check back here to see what you've decided. Good Luck in the meantime with your search.
  • jtn46jtn46 Member Posts: 13
    I went to a dealer about an hour away after getting a lead that they had one in green (my second choice in color), but of course, it sold "just a few hours ago" so my salesman had me put a deposit down on a color I didn't want, so when it came, he could swap it for a blue one (my first choice). Their discount was $300 off of the sticker. (A discount given to all customers who make contact through the internet) My salesman gave me the impression that I'd have my CR-V in a week.

Well, after 3 weeks with no CR-V, I decided to try using a local dealer my family has bought cars from as a backup. I had called them in October, and was informed that they wouldn't be getting any CR-V's that didn't already have names on them until December. They took $225 off of the sticker, their standard discount off of CR-V's. This salesman was much more pleasant to deal with, he was calm, realistic and honest with me. He found about $400 in extra charges when he saw the first dealer's purchase agreement, he showed me the actual waiting list, and I watched him put my name on the next blue one coming in. (He said it should be in before Christmas at the latest)

To be honest, there's a good chance I would've stuck with the first dealer, despite the extra charges, the fact that he's nearly impossible to speak with, and the fact that he was extremely vague if he actually got the car in...
    Relay the the dealer and salesperson's name (or your e-mail address)to landau@optonline.net. Thanks and good luck on the new vehicle.
    Hello again - just wanted to let you know I emailed you with info. Hope it is helpful. Good luck with your search - hope you get into
    a CR-V real soon!
  • ceisceis Member Posts: 1
    Jtn46 - I am currently in a similar boat as you - waiting for delivery. We checked out 4 dealerships in our area and the story was the same. "No, none available - they are already pre-sold..we can put you on the list." Even had one dealership asking 26K for a silver EX.
    I went on the net and found a dealer somewhat near us asking for $300 below msrp. I gave my trade info over the phone and rec'd a full wholesale price for my trade - very fair.

We are supposed to sign and take possession tomorrow. If all comes in as promised this will be the easiest, most convenient 22K transaction I have ever made.
    Good Luck in getting yours soon.
    Cheers - Ceis
  • rinkydinkrinkydink Member Posts: 1
    I have researched most of the small SUV's and feel the Honda is the one I like best. Considered the Rav 4 also but inside features made me decide on Honda. I will travel for a deal anywhere in the San Joaquin Valley if anyone knows of a fair reputable dealer. I don't mind waiting for the right car.
  • bfwallsbfwalls Member Posts: 3
    I just signed the paperwork and am expecting my 03 CRV EX 5 spd any day now.

My final negotiated price:
    Retail: 20,800
    Destination: 460
    Total: 21,260.
    (tax, tags, etc not included)

Only found two dealers that would match that price.
  • vforvictoryvforvictory Member Posts: 2
    I found that the Internet buying allows you to get a $500 discount on the MSRP here in NJ. The rest prices are same. I am waiting for my CRV LX Auto 4WD after getting a price of $20160 and $170 for Keyless entry. The TMV is listed as 20560.

Also I wanted to get interior leather so I am paying $1295 to get it done by the dealer.
    The Dealer installed DVD/MP3 players etc. costs $2000. You can buy a decent combination for $300 outside. How to install it is the question.

I have signed up in Nov. last week for a Dec 3rd week delivery. I hope by Christmas I will have my CR-V.
  • jedaijedai Member Posts: 7
    I got my 03 CRV EX Auto for $21700 including destination just before Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving, however, a dealer emailed me 03 CRV EX Auto sale for $21488 plus tax and dmv. The locality is San Francisco Bay Area.

Previously when I met an "internet manager" of a local dealership after calling, they gave me only about $500 off MSRP. Internet quote makes a difference. I am happy with my purchase (and my CRV) which is my first new car purchase.
  • disconnecteddisconnected Member Posts: 4
    hey.. do you mind share the info on which dealer offered you the "03 CRV EX Auto sale for $21488 plus tax and dmv" deal and the name of the internet manager?

I'm in San Jose and I never got such low offers for a 03EXauto.
    TIA
  • jguojguo Member Posts: 49
    I would appreciate that info too... I am helping someone shoping an EX auto in the next couple of months.
  • teb250teb250 Member Posts: 1
    2003 4wd EX, No dealer add-ons, $22151 at Bay Ridge Honda, Brooklyn NY. Use Honda internet site to make contact. Mojave Mist.
    Autowest Honda Fremont sent me the quote ($21,488 for 03 CRV EX Auto) after Thanksgiving. (I didn't buy my CRV from them, however.) They add $45 doc, $5 tire, and $300 DMV.
  • aga253aga253 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings to all. I'm a long-time reader and first-time posting to this board. Thanks to the great posts and they were very informative. Just thought I should also contribute and feedback to all.

After research for a while, I had ordered a 2004 CR-V EX Manual last week in Boston area and waiting for delivery (price $21,000 inc. dest; it's $1,210 under MSRP or $734 under TMV). Thought it's a good deal and anxiously waiting for the car.
  • disconnecteddisconnected Member Posts: 4
    Thx for sharing! jedai

and does anyone know the $300 DMV a stand fee in CA?
    TIA
    DMV registration fee is 1.5% of the car value. I think it's going back to 2% soon.
    My CRV sales contract shows $186 for dmv "ESTIMATED" plus $5 tire fee. (Note I didn't buy from Autowest.)
  • mtcrver1mtcrver1 Member Posts: 3
    20,400.00 with roof rack, floor mats, cargo liner, front mud/splash gaurds, and engine block heater.
  • chuckieschuckies Member Posts: 1
    Hi: Is there any Canadians on this site? We just bought a blue 2003 crv ex model.. I think we are going to be very happy with it.. We paid $29,661.54 plus air cond tax of $100.00, tire levy of $20.00, documentation fee $125.00, for a total of $29906.54. Then there is gst of $2093.46 for a grand total of $32,000.
    That works out to approx $20,611 with taxes and $19,230 without taxes Americian..It an ex model.. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Chuck
  • andriesandries Member Posts: 37
    We just bought ours at the beginning of December, and paid close to that. Ours included block heater, front and rear mud flaps, a hood deflector, and front and rear carpet floor mats ( which then we bought a cheap pair of rubber ones to throw on top.)
    We are very pleased with ours so far, congrats on your new purchase.
  • andriesandries Member Posts: 37
    Just looked up our sale bill. Final price was 33183.19. Plus what I listed before and also extra was the air cond. levy, registation fee of 32, protection package was 550, and stripe package was 200.
  • kmb1966kmb1966 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my new Honda CRV 2003 model EX for $20,730 in Houston, TX. Got to pick from Blue, White, Red, Black, Gold, or Green. Went with White.
  • demichidemichi Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know any dealers,who is selling Honda CRV in the Michigan,Metro Detroit area at MSRP or below?.
    Thank you for your help.
  • howard29howard29 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a silver 2003 CR-V EX with auto trans for $21,900 plus tax and title from White-Allen in Dayton, OH. Great dealer--low pressure; no push for any add-ons or any other last minute games, Asked for a quote by e-mail and got it the next day.
  • as99as99 Member Posts: 1
    Has anybody bought a '03 CR-V in the this area? Need a reliable HONDA dealer.

Thanks,
  • julis1julis1 Member Posts: 4
    Just got home from purchasing our new Mojave Mist EX. Got it for $21675 with mud guards and cargo cover thrown in. Been shopping for awhile and Zimmerman Honda in Rock Island, Il was fairly easy to work with. To anyone looking for a good deal- hang tough !
  • cass3cass3 Member Posts: 3
    looking for crv-ex. live in milwaukee area but could drive to surrounding areas or chicago. anyone had a good deal or good experience with any honda dealers in this area?
  • johnennisjohnennis Member Posts: 2
    HELLO AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. LOVE HONDAS LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRICE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA CRV/AWD/AUTO. DOES ANYONE HAVE TROUBLE STOPPING QUICKLY ON WET ROADS WITHOUT HAVING ABS. THANKS JOHN
  • dugfdugf Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I just brought home my 03 CRV EX (Blue) today. After a ton of research online and several online quotes, I got mine for an amazing price of $20855 Plus $45 doc fee, Tax and DMV fees. I also bought the cargo cover for an overpriced $199. With the cargo cover, I was out the door for $23,026 (the 8,25% calif. sales tax is a killer!).

I emailed about 15 dealers in Northern California and ended up working at Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose, they offered to beat my lowest price by $100, and when I went in, they beat it by almost $150!

I found Stevens Creek, Fremont, and Capitol Honda to have the best prices, and went with Stevens Creek because they are the closest to my home (and they threw in the first oil change for free!).

I was told by the dealer that they had a bit of a surplus of CRVs in N. Cal druing December so the price kept going down, but when I went in today he said they just raised the prices in the area by $500 - $700, depending on the dealer because they are selling quickly now. The great thing was that he honored our agreed upon price over the phone. He also told me this was the lowest price the CRVs have gone for so far. The other thing he told me is that the CRV price can fluxuate as much as $900 in a month, depending on demand, so if you don't like the price you get today, wait a week or two and see what happens.

I can't guarantee everything he said is true, but he was a great person to work with and I trusted him and would highly recommend him. If anyone want's more info, let me know.

Happy driving.

doug
  • khoyachandkhoyachand Member Posts: 1
    $22,200 + TIL
    $ 2,100 - Traded in 1993/Honda/Civic/DX 4dr 103K M
    $20,100 + TIL is what I ended up paying.

Silver Metalic. No additional dealer installation except front-mud guards.

From Honda Auto Center of Bellevue.
  • insur_suvsinsur_suvs Member Posts: 19
    Paid $21,750 plus T/T/T/, including front mud flaps for a CR-V Ex automatic in white (only white they had out of 4 EX's available). Miami has a large export market, so Honda's and Toyota's are not the easiest to negotiate.
  • icvciicvci Member Posts: 1,031
    Friendly Honda. Got my 2003 EX $900 under MSRP.
  • blueclothbluecloth Member Posts: 6
    purchased on 12/30/2002

no trade-in, no dealer financing

$21,900 including towing package (hitch, wiring harness, hitch ball). The towing and installation was quoted at $300.

The final drive out price $23,500 (TTL included)
  • inky4inky4 Member Posts: 238
    Starting 2 January my dealer is selling all CRVs for $1500 under MSRP as listed on their web site.
    INKY
    Just helped my parents bought a CRV EX in Houston area. Various dealers quote prices between $21300 to $21700 before TT&L. The dealer we bought from didn't have the lowest quote on the CRV, but give a very good deal on the trade-in. Almost double the trade-in value from other dealers.
  • kragilankragilan Member Posts: 6
    I am shopping for a 2003 Honda CR-V EX, and I am living in San Francisco Bay Area. Could any one please give me your newly purchased specs, price, dealer's name and the sale person's name?

Thanks.
  • topchi7topchi7 Member Posts: 1
    This was the cheapest deal I found then, I live in New Jersey. No one else was willing to even discuss anything less than MSRP. Dealer: Paramus Honda.
  • sachitsachit Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,
    I paid 19'550 not including tax and tag on new 4wd crv-lx AT with dealer installed keyless entry and security system. I was visiting my brother in OH and found this good deal. I thought I saved upto 800$ from what I was getting a best deal in PA( Philly area) where I live, but had to drive it for 400 miles
  • jmolinskyjmolinsky Member Posts: 18
    All,

We just picked up our Eternal Blue Pearl EX with automatic transmission on Saturday from Heritage Honda in Westminster, MD. The total price (not including tax and tags) was $22,060. This was the lowest I got from any dealers in the DC/Baltimore area. When we picked it up, we found they had also included the wheel locks which was a nice surprise. In addition, we also financed with them as American Honda offered us 5% for 60 months.

The next best dealer was in Rockville and was a couple hundred dollars more.
  • soonbaeksoonbaek Member Posts: 17
    inky4,

Is this deal still valid? I'm a serious buyer who is looking to purchase the 2003 CR-V Ex/Auto within 1 month. Also, could you let us know where your dealer is located?

Many thanks
  • fuzzy71fuzzy71 Member Posts: 8
    Seems like most of the dealers in New York would only come down about $500 off the msrp of 22,860. Then I called up the Costco auto program (FREE for costco members and I believe BJ'S has an auto program also but I don't know what there discount is), and they hooked me up with a dealer who said they would sell it for $21,851. The only extra thing I wanted was the side cladding which he said goes for about $650.00 which I thought was rather overpriced. so I went to another dealer with the price I got and he said the best he could do was $22,000 without the side cladding but with it it would only be 22,200. So if your pricing different dealers make sure you get your price and then include the accessories in the price because they can change from dealer to dealer. Does anyone have the side cladding? is it worth it? does it look good? I'm getting it in black. I haven't seen it with the cladding up close yet, only on the Honda site but I think I like it. Looks like I'll be buying it on Friday, just hope I don't have to wait to long for a black one to come in. Anyone get a better deal than 21,851 in the NYC area than this?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    If you are getting black, don't bother with the cladding. No one will notice it but you, anyway. I have a black 2002, and I don't even notice all the black plastic that comes standard. Every time I see one in a lighter color, I'm always amazed at how much plastic is already on the truck, because it really doesn't stand out against my black paint.
    P.S.: I think the black is a great choice.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• icvciicvci Member Posts: 1,031
    And I'd offer you the opposite advice. Getting a dark color that shows every littl dent and ding? Get the cladding.

I wanted black my wife wanted blue, it's her vehicle, it's blue. But either way it'd have the cladding cause I hate door dings.

Look in to the front splash guards if you're getting the cladding, I think it completes the look.
  • fuzzy71fuzzy71 Member Posts: 8
    KYFDX and ICVCI Thanks for your opinions. I ended up getting it with the cladding because I think it looks a little sportier and to prevent dents and dings. I picked it up today but they didn't have the side cladding so I have to wait a week or 2 for them to put it on. I paid $22,000 + registration ($65.00)and tax for crv ex automatic with side cladding and cargo cover. I was surprised that 4 mud guards, cargo net, wheel locks and moonroof rain guard were all included. Did anyone else get these extras for free?
  • micky1310micky1310 Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 03' LX AWD AT for $20900 (including tax, DMV, destination). I am in midwest illinois.
    Can someone tell me if this is a good price?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    Great price with all the extras. happy motoring!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator