Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• duijiduiji Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2010
    I too own a 2007 GMC Acadia that has been in shop more than 10% of the time I have owned it. I have recently contacted an attorney because I cannot get a fair deal from the dealer or GMC. I did not pay $38,000 for a vehicle that has this many problems; it is ridiculous. I am contemplating starting a website to obtain a list of unsatisfied owners maybe to start a larger action against GM. Nothing about it is right and they need to be held liable. I like the looks of the vehicle and it is comfortable but if I can never drive it why would I want it. I was offered by a GM rep an extended warranty or a $2,000 coupon towards a new vehicle what a joke. I want out of it and I am sorry to say I no longer want another GM vehicle. At least the Toyota’s run, they just don’t stop :)
  • safety9285safety9285 Member Posts: 88
    Sun roof leak?
  • mddcmikemddcmike Member Posts: 6
    Hello Mariah,

I do have a case with GM. I have had absolutely zero luck getting a call back. I have called and left multiple, multiple messages with them. I called 2-3 times a day for a week. My last resort was getting an attorney involved. I can not really give you too much more information, as I have been advised by my attorney not to contact GM anymore. Thank you for you concern but it is too little too late.

As for my vehicle it is currently having an entire new engine put in. The car was towed back to the original dealership where all the original work was done. The dealership told me there was no ETA on then engine since they could not find one at the time. I doesn't even bother me anymore since by next friday it will be legally deemed to be a :lemon: ( over 30 days in the shop ). It will most likely be a month before the car is ready again but hopefully by then I will have been given a refund or a new 2010 that I can trade in.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello,
    I apologize that you never received a call back from the agent. If you would direct message me the case number, I can send an email to the agent. That way you will get a call back. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Hello Robin,
    I apologize that you have experienced problems with your vehicle. Do you currently have a case number? If so, can you direct message me the case number? Also, the vehicle is currently at the dealership correct? If so, have they diagnosed the problem? Thank you,
  • alexk4alexk4 Member Posts: 27
    My '08 GMC Acadia was just towed away this morning for the umpteenth time. I've lost track already, but I keep good notes thankfully! My problem is rain-related as well. We've been having heavy rain storms where I live, the car is leaking and when I go out to start my car after a storm, the battery is dead. Last year after having these problems, they told me the problem was fixed and the car was good for about 8 months. Now I'm back at square one again. I usually have to fight for a rental as well. In some postings people are saying their dealerships have worked with them in obtaining a new car for them, that's great. But in my opinion, I want no part of another Acadia. I am in litigation as well, but its time consuming and frustrating. I just want out of my lease, but my attorney said GM won't agree to such a thing. I think its ridiculous especially in light of what other people are saying that their car dies on a highway and they've nearly gotten killed. What does it take for GM to listen to their customers? I have a little over a year left on my lease. I can't wait for that anniversary! For people reading this and having problems, contact an attorney. There are some very good firms out there that are very helpful and usually you don't have to put any money out. Everything is paid for by GM. Please don't contact GM Customer Assistance--they do nothing for you. I tried that route before litigation. My contact person could barely speak English! Good luck to everyone and be safe!
  • frustrated2007frustrated2007 Member Posts: 1
    Hi.....I have also had many problems with my Acadia. I bought it May 2007 and have had it back at the dealer quite a few times!! Today as a matter a fact I just dropped of for repairs. I was told it would take about a week to repair it. I have had problems with the fuel pump, the tempeture gage was almost at it's highest, the a/c, and now the power steering!!! I wish I could return it and get rid of it! I have 3 yrs left to pay on it and I do not look forward to paying for a vehicle that has given me so many problems!! I would like to know if anyone knows what can be done or what is available out there for situations like this??????????????? I need a reliable transportation and for the price of this vehicle it is not meeting my expectations!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you have had concerns on your vehicle. Is the vehicle currently under warranty? Are any of the previous concerns still present? What is the VIN of the vehicle? Thank you,
    edited April 2010
    Unfortunately I bought mine used with 18,000 miles on it. I have owned it for 1 1/2 years and now has 40,000 miles on it. I have repeatatively had numerous problems some minor some major but in total since I have owned it, it has been in the shop for 2 months total out of 19 months, After getting tired of taking it back and forth and getting loaners, rentals and courtesy van I managed to contact the previous owner. She told me she owned it for a year and made the dealer swap her out because of the numerous issues she had with it. Then they sold it to me, thanks alot........ I think for the money I have into this vehicle I should have someone working with me on it. Think again the dealer doesn't care and the GMC Reps are a joke. I have knowledge that the vehicle was knowingly sold to me with defects without disclosing it. I am now going to sue the dealership and do everything in my power to keep people from buying Acadia's. I cannot understand how a company can sell such a flawed vehicle with the price of an Acadia and jerk around their customers as GM does. I have only ever owned GM vehicles but that day is over.
  • nmydstnmydst Member Posts: 30
    I have had my 2009 Acadia since November. It has been to the dealership for repairs due to it losing power while driving. There is no rythme or reason to when it goes out, it's just a blink not complete power loss. This has happened to me on top of a draw bridge with my son in the car, on the highway and just the other day in the middle of an intersection with my son in the car again. First I was told it was a lose cable connection to the fuse box. That was tightened. Then it was the fuse box it's self and that was replaced. Then it was a lose connection to the power module and that was tightened and then it was the module it's self and that was replaced. I am so frustrated and sick of spending all my time in crappy rental cars when I paid $40000 for a new reliable car (supposedly). Or have something terrible happen to my family . I'm not sure what to do. I can't afford to lose any money on this car. Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem and were lucky it was fixed? :mad:
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you are having concerns with your vehicle. Is the concern still present in the vehicle, or was it fixed that last time you had it at the dealership? What is the VIN on the vehicle? Thank you,
  • malaikajacksonmalaikajackson Member Posts: 1
    It is so good to know that I am not the only person with issues with this vehicle. I loved the vehicle when I first bought it. My husband has a 2004 Dodge Ram and he is frustrated about how often my 2007 Acadia is at the dealer. The air, heat, defroster...all that went out. It just won't blow. It comes on, but nothing comes out. This is a day after I took the vehicle in for the tire monitor and heated windshield wipers that just STOPPED WORKING! The service rep told me that he doesn't know why GMC didn't recall the part for the Acadia because it was the same part recalled on other GMC models. I bought the additional insurance with a deductible of course. After paying for that I had to go right back the next day day. I went back the next day and was told to come back in on Monday. My vehicle sat there all day for them to tell me they couldn't get to it.

I started looking at recalls on the internet and called GMC. This lady tried to convince me first that there were no recalls. When I gave her the five digit numbers, she changed her tune and said two recalls were not for my vehicle. She then called the dealer, came back to the phone to tell me I had the third recall fixed and no one told me. I was even there.

I've had issues with the car just turning off when it rains and my car leaks like crazy!
  • mewwoodmewwood Member Posts: 9
    I am out of warranty I presume. The last repair cost me $1,300 for labor GM took care of some of the parts. Bad news is my water pump is now bad and the car is going into the shop tomorrow, Sherwood Pontiac GMC Delray Beach
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you have had issues with your vehicle. Has the dealership fixed the vehicle, or are concerns still present? Has the issue with the vehicle turning off been addressed? What is the VIN of the vehicle? Thank you,
  • lemonowner08lemonowner08 Member Posts: 36
    No kidding, Welcome to the wonderful world of the Acadia. My front heaters went out in the coldest week in January. Still needed to get it to the dealer, so I drove almost 30 miles with my windows down so the interior of the windshield wouldn't frost over. Thank goodness the heated leather seats were still working. We covered up with blankets in sub-zero weather and got it fixed. They had our Acadia 3 days because the dealership was also fixing the lumbar seats. One never did work straight from the factory and the other was on the verge of breaking. So, they ordered the parts and fixed the seats. An electronic module was also dangling in the rear of the vehicle and it sounded like we were driving around with a box of rattling china in our back seat. They found the problem and fixed it. If you look at my posts, you will find that almost everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. These are horrible vehicles. The reviews on this as well as other websites are starting to reflect the same problems we are all having with regard to reliability. GM customer service hasn't helped that much. We just want the rest of the problems fixed so we can go foreign. No more Government Motors vehicles for us and we have had a lot of GM vehicles over the years. Too bad. There are no apologies, no offers of a credit on another vehicle, or anything else. Your only option is to pursue the lemon law or just get rid of it. This is the most expensive hunk of junk we have had in our 50+ years. A lot of us got lemons and I think GM needs to replace each and every one! We paid sticker price for ours and you can imagine how we feel about that now! Never again!

The GM customer service rep I spoke to first named Chelsea, told me "sorry about your luck". If you can't come to some kind of agreement with your dealership where you purchased your vehicle, then too bad! Nice! Great customer service, GM! :lemon:
    Run now and don't look back!
  • chaos42chaos42 Member Posts: 23
    hello customer service you can help by recalling this piece of s@#t you call a vehicle and give everyone their $$$ back that brought this thing you call a crossover vehicle.man up and admit your vehicle is very flawed.i will never buy a gmc vehicle or american for that matter take a page out of toyotas book and admit this foolishness.gmc should be ashamed for robbing the american people.I hope you pay a group of people to sit and read this forum you are going to need to pay them overtime.Have a good day!!! :shades:
  • mgjohnson77mgjohnson77 Member Posts: 6
    I own a 2009 GMC Acadia. I have spent an inordinate amount of time at the dealers service department, for a new $40K vehicle.

The speaker in the Drivers side A Pillar has rattled since new. It took SIX attempts over four trips to the dealer to fix this problem. ( Once they replaces the tire to fix the issue!!). In the final time they secured the speaker and filled around it with spray foam to keep it from rattling.

The storage compartment on the Dash broke and fixed by the Dealer.

Recently the Check engine light came on. I took the vehicle to the dealer, who could not tell what the problem was. the Dealer turned off the light and asked me to call if it came back on. The light came back on the next day or so. I took the vehicle back to the dealer who pulled the engine out at replaced the timing chain.

About two weeks after getting my vehicle back the light came on again. The Vehicle is at the dealer again. They believe their is a misfire in one of the cylinders.

I love the size,functionality, power/ gas mileage, and styling. If I didn't have the quality issue this would be a great car.

CAN SOMEONE AT GM HELP?
    And...I forgot to mention the steering wheel Sqeaks! GM will not fix this yet. They are aware of the issue but have not figured out how fix it!
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. Can you please email me more information about your situation? Thank you,
    Not to be rude or anything but who is this Mariah? After about 5 posts saying the same thing I think we get it, however I will not email a stranger my cars info. If this person is really a rep..then great, but it seems more like spam to me. Just my 2 cents.
    As you may read in these forums, you are not having any unusual problems with your Acadia. My ignition coil was replaced and then the catalytic converter so on and so forth until they finally replaced the engine. Im picking up the car today after 3 weeks in the shop for a total of 6 weeks out.

I had to get a lawyer involved. Depending on the state, it wont cost you a thing. They called me yesterday and told me GM will replace the vehicle with a new 2010 model and not charge me any millage fees or any other charges. I will take the car and , as much as I like it, trade it in for something else " NOT A GM". If you are still under warranty get it taken care of NOW! and keep all you paperwork for repairs. Good Luck to you.
    Miriah with GM Customer ServicePlease provide a work email address and I will give you additional information.
  • sadacadiaownersadacadiaowner Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Acadia is going back to the shop again tomorrow morning. This will be the 4th time, 3rd time with the same problem. The check engine light keeps coming on. In Dec. they kept it 3 weeks while they replaced a head, among other things. Then again for the same thing, for 3 more weeks in March/April. I just got it back Thursday. Today is 3 days later, Sunday, and guess what??? The check engine light is on again!!! So sad and disappointed, I otherwise love this car and it fits my needs, that is when it's not in the shop and I actually get to drive it. Unfortunately the dealership has changed ownership since we bought the car. The new owners don't seem to care or see us as their customer. We tried to get an even trade on another 2008 Acadia (from their used lot of course) but all they wanted to do was sell us up into a fancier 2010 model and increase our payments. No thanks. Guess I'll be car shopping again, maybe a Toyota or Honda. Any suggestions?
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you have been having concerns with your Acadia. Can you please email me with more information? Thank you,
    Hello,
    My email socialmedia@gm.com. Thank you,
    Hello,
    I apologize if you are taking my presence that way. However, if you click on my name it shows my email address which is at gm.com. If you need my phone number with my extention I would also be more than happy to provide it to you. Although I cannot answer every question online, I am here to help with questions and concerns. So if you have any further questions I would be happy to assist. Thank you and have a nice day.
  • frzbdogsfrzbdogs Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    This was our first GM, we fell in love with the look and functionality of this vehicle, but unfortunately we have had way too many issues with it. The sunroof drains leak like a sieve, it has been in the shop 4 times for this issue, still unresolved. The water comes out of the side curtain airbag ports which makes me wonder if they will function properly if needed. Also, the water comes in thru all of the overhead lights. We live in Florida so we get a lot of rain; the interior smells like mold and mildew and the headliner is stained. We have had rough idle issues and shifting issues since day one and when we brought it in they could never be duplicated, well that ended at 73,000 miles because one day bringing our daughter to school the transmission completely went out and the vehicle had to be towed to the dealer. It's there right now with the transmission torn apart. If your Acadia is not shifting properly get it taken care of under warranty, I doubt there are many Acadia's out there with this many miles so this may be something new that needs to be watched. We bring our Acadia to the dealer for all scheduled maintenance and they don't check all fluids as advertised. If you start getting a lot of whining while turning the power steering fluid may be low, but even when full we get some occasional whining from the pump. Almost forgot to mention, I had to replace the rear taillight (not covered) because it filled up with water and shorted out, and I'm reminded of it everytime we make a right turn because it blinks twice as fast as it's supposed to even though all of the lights are working now. Good luck.
  • tearstears Member Posts: 2
    Wow-I am on this blog because. I own a 2009 Acadia. First my hydraulics just stopped working on my back hatch. It took a week to get the parts back-I had to keep in communication with the dealer. Then steering started to speak; and shortly after that my engine light came on. On Star said I should immediately take the car in for service-I did the very same day. The dealer told me that hydraulics had malfunction in the equine and it would take a couple of days for the part to come back. Long story short –it was the worst experience I have ever had with dealing with my car getting serviced. The dealer first tried to tell me that the problem came from my not changing my oil. Although I had followed the report from On Star all the way with my car being serviced. A week later and a lot of phone calls from my end. I finally got my car back. But the work they did was not what the dealer said they would be performing. The rental car had charges on my card that they was supposed to refund 4 day prior, but instead charged and additional fee. The steering is still squeaking and my car does not feel like it drives as well and I hear clicking sounds. This is the reason; I turn to the internet to research. Now, to find out that this is a consistent concern. I think Toyota is not the only one that should be in the “News” and there should be a recall on the Acadia. That is too much money put out for a car that has these types of concerns and not to mention even worst GMC Service cannot be trusted-with the customer service being the worst.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues also. This vehicle has been a very big dissapointment for us and for a $38,000 I could have bought something a lot cheaper and a lot more reliable. As much as I would love to see GMC have to face the music on these vehicles they never will. Our great government needs them to succeed by put the screws to us and pulling the foreign makers down. I guarantee that if Honda or Toyota made the Acadia everyone in the US would know about it. Is it a lemon; not really... Every car model made has the possibility of having a few bad eggs but for the Acadia it is getting out of hand and the consumers are paying the price. It is just a shoddy made vehicle with a big price tag.
    edited April 2010
    It's too bad people aren't open to you trying to help them out. I mean GM was nice enough to sell them a vehicle for $30k to $40k that's not worth a dime and usually spends most of its time at the dealership for maintenance. I don't understand why people are leary about talking with you, maybe its because they don't want an extended warranty on these junks, $2000.00 coupon or maybe they have just lost faith and trust in GM. For me its all of those reasons :mad:
  • tamharmsentamharmsen Member Posts: 1
    My Acadia did the same thing to me today. What did you do to correct the problem?
  • thomasetthomaset Member Posts: 4
    I own a 2007 Acadia SLT and it has about 70K miles on it. Unfortunately, replacing a head lamp is not a simple task as it requires the wheel well or bumper to be removed to simply replace a bulb. This is not good engineering when such a simple task that should be handled by the owner takes a trip to the dealer and $100 per bulb. Had I known this, I would not have purchased this vehicle. It wouldn't be so bad if the head lamps only went out every few years like all of the other cars that I've owned. But that isn't the case with the Acadia. I have had 7 head lamp bulbs replaced in 3 years and now have number 8 that needs replaced. It sounds like an electrical problem may be at the root of this, but the dealer hasn't identified anything (possibly caused by the leaking sunroof issues a couple years ago). In the meantime, I keep shelling out $100 for every bulb that blows. Anyone else having similar problems?
    Hello Thomas,
    I am from GM Customer Service. Can you please email me at socialmedia@gm.com with more information? Thank you,
  • robinshepherdrobinshepherd Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like you are having some of the problems we are. Be very careful with the water leaks because mine has done the same thing since about 10000 miles. We have had it in the shop 4 times while still under warranty and now it is in the shop again at 70000 miles. They are still trying to fix it under the warranty because the water leaking has got into the electrical system. A month ago everything on the steering wheel including cruise control quit working after a hard rain. 3 weeks ago I was driving my 4 year old to school and the gas pedal stuck or aleast that is what I thought was happening. Turns out the cruise is kicking in on its own and it won't go off by hitting the brakes. I have to put it in neutral and get off the road and listen as it sounds like the motor is going to blow. The dealership is trying to fix the leak and then they say they will start on the electrical and carpet and headliner after they are sure that the leak is fixed. In the meantime, I never know when the truck is going to take off flying on its own. It is not safe to drive it but I don't have other transportation at this time. Also when it rains the battery goes dead and I have to have it boosted. 40,000 piece of junk.Also when the cruise did that the first time all the gauges stopped working and my onstar or phone wouldn't work either.I hope you don't have these problems.
  • knbrattlieknbrattlie Member Posts: 4
    I have had the same issue. I have a 2008 with about 48,000 miles on it. I had the left headlight go out about three months ago and went into the dealership and spent over $145 on it. No more than a week later, my right headlight went out. I was already so ticked off that I didn't go back to the dealership cause they have been bad to work with. I took it into a local repair shop and was only charged about $45.00. I couldn't believe that. But, it sounds like the lights go out about once or twice a year which is horrible. I have had my computer system replaced already and then about a month later, it died again on my in traffic. This is the worst vehicle I have had. But, I don't know where to turn as everyone at GM is giving us the run around cause the vehicle is over a year old and has about 48,000 miles on it. I HATE IT!!!!
    mddcmike,
    Could you please tell me how you (or lawyer) got the dealership to agree to replace your vehicle at no cost to you? I have a 2009 SLT-1 that we bought in November. We did have a minor leak issue that was taken care of. A month after that was fixed the car started having issues with losing power or shutting down completely in traffic. Since Jan it has been in the shop 5 times with the dealership having possession of it for over 30 days. In my state (Virginia) that would be considered a lemon. I'd hate to have to go through the whole lawyer ordeal, as my dealership has been very accommodating and helpful. However they can't seem to figure out what the issue is. They have proclaimed the vehicle too dangerous for us to drive and say that they will not give us the vehicle back until they are 100% sure it is fixed. We are soon going on 3 weeks of them having it with no luck. They have not mentioned any replacement vehicle, but we are thinking of giving them until the end of next week to have it fixed and if it's not I think it's time to start having that conversation with them. I just want to be as informed as I can before next week. I love the vehicle if it didn't have this problem. If anyone is having this issue and had it fixed or resolved by the dealer could you please give me insight as to what it was? Thank you! :sick:
    I have to totally agree with you on the Acadia. Those of us who bought it and had faith in it are now all shaking our heads wondering how we got so duped. We may as well have taken 40,000 one dollar bills and tore them up and threw them out the window while driving down the road. We were thinking we were okay. No problems leaking for a year until today. It was raining nicely today in God's country. My husband jumped into the car to go to lunch and found the front passenger seat covered in water and water dripping from the sunroof and around the passenger door. The headliner was saturated. Thinking the sunroof was left open, he got out immediately and checked the exterior of the car. It was closed, we RARELY open it. The good old sun/moonroof was leaking like gangbusters! After mopping up the water, and backing out of the parking lot, water began running from behind the DVD player! Our roof was saturated. We went straight to the dealership in a city near ours since the local dealer went bankrupt. So we both left our jobs early, once again forced to use vacation time to get this piece of crap out of town to get fixed. We wanted the dealership to see it as it was--ALL WET! We are done. I contacted the State Attorney Generals Office, the State Bar Association for legal referral for a lemon law lawyer, and I even sent an email to President Obama since GM is 60% government owned. I contacted General Motors again...the attorney will call back tomorrow. Purchased 2008 SLT1 12/2007--currently 22,223 miles on vehicle. POS--waiting for district manager to get back to me from GM. So over it. Maybe we all ought to pursue a class action suit. Toyota is nothing compared to this POS. :mad:
    Don't mess with it anymore. Pursue that lemon law before the statute of limitations runs out for your state. Don't be hopeful, either. We bought into that. Everytime we would go 3-4 months without a problem, we would get hopeful and now we may have screwed ourself out of hope, at least from the lemon law since it has been 2 years and 5 months since we purchased this vehicle. Lawyers are on it, but I won't know if we can file until tomorrow. Check with the State Attorney General's office in your state and find out about your statutes. Good luck, but all I can say, is RUN! :shades:
    Are you listening and taking these concerns to your superiors or whoever in your company that is authorized to make decisions about our lemons? Interesting, tonight on the TV there were alot of commercials for GM stating they are paying back the BailOut loans 5 years early. How about paying us back for the time we have lost, inconvenience of not having a vehicle while ours have been in shops, not to mention, reimbursement for the nuissances our Acadias have become. We paid well for this experimental new GM crossover. Sounds like it is not getting better with age. Take these back and give us our money back! Take some responsibility for the poor engineering that went into the design of this car. ALL sunroof/moonroofs are leaking! Leaking causes a multitude of secondary problems...mold, mushrooms, fawl odors,shorting out of the electrical systems. Tell me what you are going to do for me and all the rest of the people who are complaining about the same problems! :confuse:
    Did you have the leaking sun roof issues too?
  • frzbdogsfrzbdogs Member Posts: 2
    If you have an Acadia with a sun roof you have leaking issues!!! There was a recall to replace the drain tubes because they were disconnecting which causes the water to come inside. Ours is in the shop for the fourth time for this issue. :sick: :lemon:
    Thanks, yes I had the leaking sunroof issues back in 2008 before the official recall was even issued. It took my dealer 3 times to get it fixed.
    Hello,
    Please email me with more information about your vehicle and its concerns. My email is socialmedia@gm.com. Thank you,
    nmydst,

Even though you may have a dealer who is being good to you there is nothing they can do for you unless they talk to GM. I had to get the layer since GM has a tendency to not communicant with people. I you call 1-800-lemonlaw they will take care of it. It only took me 2-3 weeks to get the complete contract for a trade out. I called GM and got a case number and have still not heard a thing. My wife and I are going to day to pick out the new car. GM pays the lawyer direct and you just fill out the paperwork.
    The entire situation is not really ideal any way you look at it. GM agreed not to charge any usage but I do have to pay any difference in pricing from my original MSRP to the new MSRP. Good luck finding the same car at the same price though. I have to choose a vehicle off the lot at a local dealer and nice the crazy winter we had there on none available unless I want to spend $20K over my original MSRP. Even if I could find the same care with the same options, the prices all went up after the model year and the packages changed so you get a different grouping options now that are of course more expensive. What a mess. Not to mention I am going to have to do some financial juggling since the new loan is going to be higher since I have to spend more.
    I you need any more help let me know. I am so over this whole thing it not even funny. Im in the process of getting GM to approve a factory order for my vehicle since there is nothing comparable available. Call the lawyer and let them do the negotiating. Knowing what I know now I would have taken a cash settlement and then traded the car in. Live and learn I guess

Good Luck!
    Yes. We finally found a dealership out of town who fixed all of the faulty hose issues. We thought we were doing okay until yesterday, then it rained heavily. We are in the northwest so we don't have pouring rain until spring. It was like our roof was full of holes. We took it to the shop immediately. They got of the phone with GM and told them they had run a hose over the roof and the water was pouring into the interior of our Acadia. The service guy also told them the drain hoses which were fixed before were good and right. GM recommended checking to make sure all the rivets, which held the sun and moonroof in place, were sealed. They were supposed to be sealed from the factory. Guess what? Not a one was sealed. This was a severe factory defect! So, the service department sealed all the rivets today and no more leaking. They had removed the headliner because it was destroyed. I asked about the DVD player since it had water running from it yesterday. I was told the DVD player was sealed and not at risk. I asked about my Bose speaker system and the 10 airbag system. He said they should be fine. GM is paying for me to keep a rental car for a week until the new headliner arrives and is installed. As soon as that happens, that Acadia is gone. It can't happen fast enough for me. I have a referral to a local law firm which will be helping me pursue the lemon law with this vehicle. Those of us who bought these first and second year models should be paid to be guinea pigs for GM. We paid sticker price for this lemon and have lost time from work to keep this lemon running. We need a class action law suit against GM. I feel like I have been a participant in a bad science experiment and I feel I have paid well to be a participant. This is not right. Those of us who now want to get another vehicle will lose a lot of money on a trade. This is GM's fault, not ours and we bought and paid for this car in good faith. :lemon: :mad: :mad: But, I am doing my part to make sure no one else makes the same mistake. I can't tell you how many people I work with and know that have asked us how we like our car that I have been honest and told them to run....don't look back....biggest mistake they will ever make. We have 4 new Murano owners in my office with more purchasing this year. They won't be buying GM! Spread the word!
    Thanks for the input! I heard from the dealership on Friday and they said they could not figure out what the problem is that is causing it to shut down. The computers in the car don't record anything and the black box they hooked up twice didn't record anything either. I guess it's a good thing that when the service rep took my car for a few days it did it to him numerous times as well as with my service manager. Right now a GM rep is down driving my car over the weekend and I will know on Monday if they are taking it back to detroit with them to try to fix it there. I was told that my service manager is already working on a possible vehicle trade. GM and the dealership will not let us drive this car (they would be liable if something serious happened and they knew the car was dangerous). My major concern is that the 2010 are much more expensive then what we paid. We used our trade in, GM card points, rebate, USAA member discount and military discount to get the price of the car where we could afford it. We can't financially afford anything more then what we paid. I'm so stressed over this. But for some miracle that my car is fixed, now that they've had it totally torn apart inside I'm afraid that it will come back to me with more problems arggg! Anyway, we'll see what they have to say next week. I am thinking of contacting a lemon law attorney to see what my rights are. Wish us luck! :sick:
  • chaos42chaos42 Member Posts: 23
    just traded in that piece of s@#t in.thank god no more lemon!!!!! i got a car that i feel comfortable in :shades: :)
  • alexk4alexk4 Member Posts: 27
    If I were you, I'd go to a lemon law attorney. You're lucky that GM is being so responsive to you. Don't buy a 2010 Acadia. I'm in litigation now because GM couldn't be bothered. For any people out there having these types of problems, save your receipts from your service and find a lemon law attorney in your state. Most attorneys will review your case free of charge. GM own up to your mistakes with this car. This car is an expensive heap of trash! :lemon:
  • radtechmamaradtechmama Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    I wanted to know if anyone has had a fuel error on their 2008 Acadia or at least that is what the service department tells us.. I have had to have my Acadia towed on two occasions because it will not start. The service department says there is nothing wrong just that I am using the wrong fuel! My Acadia may sit for a day and then when I start it, the engine chugs as if it is missing. I am not sure but I cannot continue to be off my job to go to the service department to be told there is nothing wrong when I know that there is. I purchased a new vehicle to have security knowing that it would be dependable. lol Am I looking at a Lemon?