Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mazda6 Lease Questions

baciu2014baciu2014 Member Posts: 6
edited June 2014 in Mazda

Hi ,

i am looking into details of a lease .

2015 mazda 6 touring , 3 yrs 10k and 4 yrs 10k , Boston area , ma

mf , residual ?
please .

also i see "rent charge" line in my old contract ? how do i find more about that value?

thank you

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199

Mazda comes out with new lease numbers tomorrow..

The numbers for May were .00001 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. (Automatic). Of course, the new numbers may be different.

The "rent charge" is the finance portion of the lease.. when you see that line, it's usually the amount for the full lease term. If the money factors stay the same for June, that line will be very, very small. (less than $1.00 per month)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• baciu2014baciu2014 Member Posts: 6

thank you , my wife paid 1574$ rent charge for a cx5, 48 mo . seems a lot ? no?

does everybody pays this charge ?

thank you

There are two portions to a lease payment.. Depreciation and Finance (aka rent charge). $1574 over 48 months is just $33/mo. On a popular vehicle like the CX-5, they don't have to subsidize the finance portion (like paying interest on a loan) as much, to get the payment where people will lease it. Even at $33/mo, the money factor was still pretty low.. Equivalent to 2% APR or less..

Generally, 36 month leases are a better deal, even if the payment is slightly higher.... Less wear and tear to pay for (tires, etc.).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

if you have the new numbers for june , please provide .

mf , residual ? please .

@baciu2014 said:
    if you have the new numbers for june , please provide .

mf , residual ? please .

.00001 MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr (automatic)

.00037 MF and 53% residual for 48mo, 10K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sbarraclsbarracl Member Posts: 10

Hi, I'm going to look at a 2015 Mazda6 Grand Touring this weekend. Do you have the MF and residual for a 3 year / 36K mile lease in PA? Thanks in advance.

• sbarraclsbarracl Member Posts: 10

Also, would they be any different in NC? I'm getting transferred there in the near future. Sorry for the double post.

thank you much for ur info

I'm trying to calculate my lease for a mazda6 touring

is this website formulas sound ?

https://leaseguide.com/lease08/

with an MF at 0.00001 my finance is very low ..... 4$ per month
    also it says "The finance fee that you pay with a car lease depends on your credit score. " so the 0.00001 is based on a perfect score ? over 800?

thank you

• icherub1icherub1 Member Posts: 39

Could you please post the MF and residual for a 2015 iTouring (w/ automatic and Bose/Sunroof) in Massachusetts for 36/12k and 36/15k? Thanks.

@sbarracl said:
    Hi, I'm going to look at a 2015 Mazda6 Grand Touring this weekend. Do you have the MF and residual for a 3 year / 36K mile lease in PA? Thanks in advance.

.00001 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@sbarracl said:
    Also, would they be any different in NC? I'm getting transferred there in the near future. Sorry for the double post.

.00029 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@baciu2014 said:
    thank you much for ur info

I'm trying to calculate my lease for a mazda6 touring

is this website formulas sound ?

https://leaseguide.com/lease08/

with an MF at 0.00001 my finance is very low ..... 4$ per month
    also it says "The finance fee that you pay with a car lease depends on your credit score. " so the 0.00001 is based on a perfect score ? over 800?

thank you

At .00001 MF it should be less than $4/mo... More like $0.40/mo.. To qualify for Mazda's best rate, you only need a score of 680 or above... Good credit, but nowhere near perfect.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@icherub1 said:
    Could you please post the MF and residual for a 2015 iTouring (w/ automatic and Bose/Sunroof) in Massachusetts for 36/12k and 36/15k? Thanks.

.00001 MF and 60%/59% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• colby04colby04 Member Posts: 4
    Dealer in AZ is telling me that for a lease on a 2014 there is an inception fee that is separate from the acquisition fee. Says in order to do lease at same sale price that would be offered to customers on a financed vehicle I would have to pay $2400 up front to cover "inception fees". Sound odd?

@colby04 said:
    Dealer in AZ is telling me that for a lease on a 2014 there is an inception fee that is separate from the acquisition fee. Says in order to do lease at same sale price that would be offered to customers on a financed vehicle I would have to pay $2400 up front to cover "inception fees". Sound odd?

Yes... sounds odd. There could be a rebate that is good on a purchase, but not a lease. Considering how good the Mazda lease numbers are, that is a possibility. But, a Mazda lease shouldn't have any fees, other than the normal.

I will say... some Mazda dealers are starting to charge an "origination" fee on a Mazda financing.. Which I think is a scheme by Mazda Finance to get the consumer to pay the financing kickback to the dealer, so they don't have to. Once they start making up fees, there is no going back... :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• raj2014raj2014 Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2014

Hello,

I noticed that 2015 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring, has different MF in different states. Can you please provide the MF and RV for NY on 7.5/10K Miles on 27 (if have)/36 months.

Also are they offering any incentives?

Would like to know what people have also paid in past.

Thanks

@raj2014 said:
    Hello,

I noticed that 2015 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring, has different MF in different states. Can you please provide the MF and RV for NY on 7.5/10K Miles on 27 (if have)/36 months.

Also are they offering any incentives?

Would like to know what people have also paid in past.

Thanks

.00001 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr.

No 27 month or 7.5K/yr plans listed

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• raj2014raj2014 Member Posts: 19

@kyfdx Thank for all the information

• tauziggtauzigg Member Posts: 14

Hi,

Can you please provide the MF and RV for MI on 12k miles and 36 months on 2015 Mazda6 Grand Touring?

Thanks!

@tauzigg said:
    Hi,

Can you please provide the MF and RV for MI on 12k miles and 36 months on 2015 Mazda6 Grand Touring?

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tauziggtauzigg Member Posts: 14

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:

Great, thanks for the information, I very much appreciate it!

• icherub1icherub1 Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00001 MF and 60%/59% residual.

Only 1% difference to go from 12k/year to 15k/year over 36 months? How can it be so little? I would think there would be more of a difference (9k miles over the lease period).

Mazda only gives a 1% bump... for 42 months and longer they give 2%.

Most manufacturers give 2%.. Mazda, Nissan and Subaru give 1% (off the top of my head)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• delousa06delousa06 Member Posts: 5

Hello,

I'm heading to the dealer next week - could you provide the MF and residual on a 2015 Mazda 6 GT (Auto) for CA. My current Mazda lease is up next month and it looks like Mazda Capital Services has $750.00 loyalty cash on a new lease. Could you verify that? Thanks in advance.

@delousa06 said:
    Hello,

I'm heading to the dealer next week - could you provide the MF and residual on a 2015 Mazda 6 GT (Auto) for CA. My current Mazda lease is up next month and it looks like Mazda Capital Services has $750.00 loyalty cash on a new lease. Could you verify that? Thanks in advance.

.00001 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

I don't have the loyalty cash information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• volnedanvolnedan Member Posts: 83

Residual and MF for 2015 Touring with 6sp manual transmission?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

@volnedan said:
    Residual and MF for 2015 Touring with 6sp manual transmission?

Lease term, miles per year and state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• volnedanvolnedan Member Posts: 83

12k miles/year, 24 and 36 month terms, Michigan

@volnedan said:
    Residual and MF for 2015 Touring with 6sp manual transmission? 12k miles/year, 24 and 36 month terms. michigan.

36/12 - 58% and .00001

24/12 - 65% and .00012

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• aschugeraschuger Member Posts: 55

I'd appreciate it if you could post this month's residual and MF for both a 2014 and 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 15k miles/yr in California.

Also, when do you expect to get next month's numbers?

@aschuger said:
    I'd appreciate it if you could post this month's residual and MF for both a 2014 and 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 15k miles/yr in California.

Also, when do you expect to get next month's numbers?

I'm assuming a 36 monh lease term.

2014 36/15 - 55% and .00030

2015 36/15 - 57% and .00029

I would expect to get the July numbers .... in July :-). Check back on or after July 1st.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell but you seem to have a different MF than kyfdx for this same car with the same lease term (15k 36 mo) in the same state.

Kyfdx in a post on June 16 listed 0.00001 for MF instead of 0.00029. Do you get your numbers from a different source than Kyfdx?

@aschuger said:
    Thanks Michaell but you seem to have a different MF than kyfdx for this same car with the same lease term (15k 36 mo) in the same state.

Kyfdx in a post on June 16 listed 0.00001 for MF instead of 0.00029. Do you get your numbers from a different source than Kyfdx?

no, we have the same source. i just didn't look at the CA specific numbers; my apologies. his are correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for clearing that up Michaell.

What is the MF and residual for the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 15k miles/yr for 36 months in California? Kyfdx only provided the numbers for the 2015 model year.

@aschuger said:

What is the MF and residual for the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 15k miles/yr for 36 months in California? Kyfdx only provided the numbers for the 2015 model year.

55% and .00001

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• turbocoopturbocoop Member Posts: 7

kyfxdx, I have some numbers from a lease deal I came to today- they look good to me but this is my first lease so I have no idea if its fair, can you please let me know what you think?

2015 Mazda6 Soul Red Grand Touring
    State - NY, 10K per year, 36 months
    MF- .00001
    Residual Value - $18,316.55 (they didnt give me the percentage, I calculated it myself and got 59%)
    Base Price- $31,045
    "Discount Price"- $29,333
    Adjusted Cap Cost- $26,670 ($500 military rebate is the only discount I could confirm that I got)

Monthly payments are $270.39 with a $500 down payment and $2,190.02 up front for tax, tag, and dealership fees. Does that look fair to you??? Thanks in advance

@turbocoop said:
    kyfxdx, I have some numbers from a lease deal I came to today- they look good to me but this is my first lease so I have no idea if its fair, can you please let me know what you think?

2015 Mazda6 Soul Red Grand Touring
    State - NY, 10K per year, 36 months
    MF- .00001
    Residual Value - $18,316.55 (they didnt give me the percentage, I calculated it myself and got 59%)
    Base Price- $31,045
    "Discount Price"- $29,333
    Adjusted Cap Cost- $26,670 ($500 military rebate is the only discount I could confirm that I got)

Monthly payments are $270.39 with a $500 down payment and $2,190.02 up front for tax, tag, and dealership fees. Does that look fair to you??? Thanks in advance

.00001 MF and 59% are the correct numbers.

If the price is $29,333, how did the adjusted CAP cost get down to $26,670? Frankly, this number seems wrong. If your upfront covers 1st payment, acquisition fee, doc fee and title/tag/license and tax.... then the CAP cost would have to be right at $28K to get a payment of $270.

If the adjusted CAP really is $26,670, the the payment should be $233/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thats what I was wondering. They didn't tell me the adjusted cap cost, I gave them all the numbers I wanted because I matched the discount from the last car (same model different color) to this one, which was cheaper, and got $26,670. The last car we agreed on was a base price of $33,120 and the adjusted cap they gave me after negotiating was $28,745- a discount of $4,375. I subtracted that same $4,375 from this car's base price of $31,045 to get $26,670, Ill ask them the adjusted cap cost of this car today. Thanks

I know how I messed up when calculating: when I got the terms from the first car I negotiated they gave me a residual of 54.769%, and I used that percentage when calculating the residual for this one, which gave me a lower value. There shouldn't be 2 different residuals for two cars of the year, trim and model right? Both 2105 Mazda6 GTs

@aschuger said:

55% and .00001> @turbocoop said:

I know how I messed up when calculating: when I got the terms from the first car I negotiated they gave me a residual of 54.769%, and I used that percentage when calculating the residual for this one, which gave me a lower value. There shouldn't be 2 different residuals for two cars of the year, trim and model right? Both 2105 Mazda6 GTs

All 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Tourings will have the same residual value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thought so thanks

I went ahead and got it today but Im still confused about one thing and Im tired of staring at this paper because I cant figure it out: I told them I didnt want to pay anything up front except 1st months payment, dealership fees, tax/tags, etc... But on this it shows $1143.68 cap cost reduction- sounds to me like I paid $1143 to bring the cap cost down, right? They didnt mention that at all during negotiations, they just told me I had to pay $2190.02 up front (which became $2690.02 later after I chose to pay and extra $500 deposit because I didnt qualify for the college rebate of $500). So I paid $2690.02 yesterday, and the rest of the details are below:

Gross cap cost: 29199.45
    Cap cost reduction: 1143.68
    Adjusted cap cost: 28055.77
    Residual value: 18316.55
    Depreciation: 9739.22
    Rent charge: 16.42

Total for monthly payments = 9755.64 / 36 = 270.99 per month

Can someone please explain to me if I just paid for my own cap cost reduction without realizing it? I feel like an idiot for not catching this if thats the case. Thanks... I love the car so far BTW

Yes.. you have an $1143.68 Cap reduction, but if you want to parse it down, the rebate covers $500 of that.. If you had received the other $500 rebate, then that would have covered $1000 of it...

So, they pretty much structured the lease without you paying a Cap Cost reduction, but as you noted, you didn't qualify for the $1000 rebate, only $500.

On a lot of lease programs, rebates have to be used as a Cap cost reduction.... so, it appears that they followed your wishes (more or less), except for the extra $500.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ok thanks for clarifying, so basically I paid $643 as a cap cost reduction, $2048 for all the other fees and sales tax, and got an additional $500 rebate as a cap cost reduction.... That isnt such a bad deal I guess, do you think I did alright? Im just annoyed that they snuck that cap cost reduction into my payment without telling me about it. Even if I did qualify for both rebates that means I would still have paid $143...

@turbocoop said:
    Ok thanks for clarifying, so basically I paid $643 as a cap cost reduction, $2048 for all the other fees and sales tax, and got an additional $500 rebate as a cap cost reduction.... That isnt such a bad deal I guess, do you think I did alright? Im just annoyed that they snuck that cap cost reduction into my payment without telling me about it. Even if I did qualify for both rebates that means I would still have paid $143...

That sounds about right.

You'll be happy with the car long after you've forgotten about the deal structure. Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Good point. Im very happy with the car already

• largebreadlargebread Member Posts: 15

kyfdx - can I get your thoughts on this lease offering?
    2015 Sport automatic. MSRP 23,690. $0 down. 12K/36Mo. Taxes (NY=7.375%), fees, DMV included. $285/month. Also dealer says $300 lease termination fee @ turn-in....can that be negotiated away??

@largebread said:
    kyfdx - can I get your thoughts on this lease offering?
    2015 Sport automatic. MSRP 23,690. $0 down. 12K/36Mo. Taxes (NY=7.375%), fees, DMV included. $285/month. Also dealer says $300 lease termination fee @ turn-in....can that be negotiated away??

The disposition fee is standard on all Mazda Finance leases. Can't do anything about that. Do you know the selling price or CAP cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• largebreadlargebread Member Posts: 15

@kyfdx Sales price is $22,600. And I believe acquisition fee of 595 and other fee (DMV etc) approx 170 also need to be added.

@largebread said:
    kyfdx Sales price is $22,600. And I believe acquisition fee of 595 and other fee (DMV etc) approx 170 also need to be added.

Not knowing every little number, I can still come up with a payment within $10/mo. or so... so, the deal looks solid. All you have to come up with is the 1st payment? The 2015 Mazda 6 lease program in selected states (including NY) is extremely strong... free financing and a high residual.. you just can't beat that combination.

If you have issues with staying under 12K/yr, it's only a 1% drop in residual to go with 15K mi/yr.... Only $8/mo. more...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator