Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    itzlikedat,

OTD pricing does not include the Interest rate that you financed the vehicle thru your bank, Credit Union, or take dealers financing. A good credit score could net you a Interest rate of 0.9 % or 1.9 % on a CRV

OTD price Includes your states sales tax rate applied to the vehicle's selling price, dealers doc fee charge, DMV/ REG charges. Some states have a tire disposal fee or a internet charge but that rounds out....................... OTD PRICING.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    brancy11brancy11 Member Posts: 7
    Search the web for car loan rates! I got pre-approved on a good rate at a local credit union (1.49%) and used that to get it matched at the dealer.
  • Options
    Pen Fed Credit union has some of best rates in the country on new vehicle purchases. 1 day approval for most.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    brancy11 said:

Search the web for car loan rates! I got pre-approved on a good rate at a local credit union (1.49%) and used that to get it matched at the dealer.

Getting credit approval is the 1st things you do while researching what vehicles you may want to buy. then have dealers match or beat............good job @brancy11

• Options
    njcar99njcar99 Member Posts: 3
    Dealer got me a matching rate 1.75 for 60 months after I showed them my pre-approval from local CU.
  • Options
    chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    Loan rate of 1.45% for 5 years from local credit union. I think it was 1.64% for 6 years. In NY area this is NEFCU, open to all
  • Options
    corydicorydi Member Posts: 1
    Just curious, has anyone managed to get 0.9% honda financing on 2015 CRV? Looks like only 2014 get this special rate. Some local dealers offer 0% financing up to 12K.
  • Options
    pingpingananpingpinganan Member Posts: 3
    Hi,I'm in Dallas TX,I planned to buy 2015 Honda CRV EX FWD.already got OTD 26800,Is that a good deal?Or i can get better price end of December this year?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014
    What's your tax there @pingpinganan? TMV is $26,300, invoice is $24,901. That invoice number includes $880 destination and a $150 "ad fee".

So, since you're already under TMV with taxes and fees, you're doing fine.

Some will say the price for your CR-V before taxes and fees should be below the invoice number, but that may not be possible for a 2015 today. But yeah, the consensus is that you get better deals at the end of the month, the end of the quarter, and at the end of the year. Perfect storm weather is approaching, in other words.
  • Options
    tax here is 6.25%,the deal coming with tint,propack,wheel mud guard,wheel lock,i offer OTD 25800,we didn't make an agreement.but they will definetly call me next Mondy.
  • Options
    I'm not hurry buying it right now,maybe i can wait until Dec 31?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The longer you wait the better your deal will be.

In theory - in the real world? Hard to say. What if Honda stops production so they can throw all the air bag inflators into the recall? Okay, that's a long shot. ;)

One thing about buying Monday is that you get to enjoy driving it three weeks sooner....
  • Options
    steelerfan86steelerfan86 Member Posts: 2
    Just an update on my search.  The dealers around Orlando area were not moving off of sticker price, period, and there very little stock.  There were literally only a few Touring models within 100 mi, none in the color I wanted, and for me with the added tech features it was Touring or nothing.  While at Orlando Auto Show last weekend came across Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T.  Better tech, better warranty and better looking car IMO, so ended up buying one.  Honda should consider opening up production on the Touring or will lose potential customers like myself.  Plenty of EX and LX model, but after I test drive Touring that was the only model I was interested in.   In general I have always found Honda dealers to have an if you don't buy it, there are many others in line after you that will pay full price attitude, which is a turn off.   Right now Honda and dealers are playing the supply and demand game with the 2015 models.
     Personally, I am happy the Touring was in short supply or I would not have expanded my search to other models or looked
    at Hyundai otherwise.
  • Options
    crvowner33crvowner33 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the great information in this forum. I live in MN and here, no dealers are offering better prices. I tried to call multiple dealers and was able to negotiate it to 25400 for 2015 CRV EX AWD.

Details:
    2015 Honda CRV AWD EX
    Price of Car : 25400
    Tax (6.5%) : 1671
    Title and Registration : 425
    Doc Fee : 75
    OTD Price : $27572

No extras added just the 2015 CRV EX AWD. Not sure 25400 is a good deal in MN or not. Also how much extra is worth to upgrade it to EXL. I have time till Monday to finalize EX or EXL with the dealer. Dealer is asking for 2500 extra+Taxes to upgrade to EXL, Not sure what are the extra things we get with EXL other than leather seats, considering EX already has heated cloth seats.
  • Options
    guerinkeywestguerinkeywest Member Posts: 10
    I am ready to pull the trigger on a 2015 EX AWD but this vibration has me worried. If the car doesn't have a problem after test driving it for 15 minutes can I feel safe buying this car? sorry but this has me wondering if I need to look at Escape's and CRV's. Please comment and let me know if I am unduly worried or am justifiable worried about this. I need to buy one within about 10 days.
  • Options
    john783john783 Member Posts: 0
    Hi, I am in Irving, Texas, planning to buy 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD. I got a quote of $28,530 from the dealer. Is it a good price?
  • Options
    chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    I paid $27,800 on 12/2. read my previous posts--mine also was an EXL AWD
  • Options
    @guerinkeywest, we're all pretty fluent in chat typo, but you do have four hours to edit your post. Next time just click the little gear icon at the top right of your post.
  • Options
    guerinkeywestguerinkeywest Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Stever
    Guess its too late to fix it now.
  • Options
    I can "fix" that - can't fix car vibrations though. Have you taken another (longer) test drive? Or maybe I should say a longer idle.

Sometimes dealers forget to air down the tires after the new cars get shipped in. But tire pressures and vibes at idle probably aren't related; seems like that would be more of an idle RPM/motor mount thing or maybe it's related to getting the CVT warmed up good.
  • Options
    truckie4lifetruckie4life Member Posts: 56
    Is there any way that EDMUNDS can have a constant banner telling folks how to get your pricing assessed properly?!?!?

Nobody can tell you if you got a good deal if you just list one "OTD" number. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BREAK DOWN YOUR PRICE THIS WAY;

- Vehicle sale price =
    - Freight =
    - Tax =
    - Doc Fee =
    - Title/Tags =
    - Accessories =
    - Total =
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What amazes me people find this forum and still have no clue what the vehicles invoice price is. Or there in the process of buying vehicle.

• Options
    blinkme323blinkme323 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    2015 CRV LX AWD
    MSRP - 25450
    Negotiated price - 24000 w/ remote start thrown in

36 month lease w/ zero out of pocket, 35 payments of 271 /month

Thoughts on how we did? The dealer said that they "lost" $800 on this deal, but we all know that means nothing ;)
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

2015 CRV LX AWD
    MSRP - 25450

Thoughts on how we did? The dealer said that they "lost" $800 on this deal, but we all know that means nothing ;)

If you rolled all the fees into the lease, and the $271/mo includes taxes, I'd say you did very well on a car that stickers for $25K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    blinkme323blinkme323 Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

2015 CRV LX AWD
    MSRP - 25450

If you rolled all the fees into the lease, and the $271/mo includes taxes, I'd say you did very well on a car that stickers for $25K.
    Yep, all fees were rolled into the lease with taxes included. I shopped around a bit and that was the best I could find.
  • Options
    spocksynderspocksynder Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy a 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L(without navi) in the MD/DC area. Is $27500 a good price to aim for? I would like to buy by Dec. 31 this year.
  • Options

I am looking to buy a 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L(without navi) in the MD/DC area. Is $27500 a good price to aim for? I would like to buy by Dec. 31 this year.

FWD or AWD model???????????

• Options

Is your target price of $27,500 the amount you want to pay altogether, or are you willing to pay this as the sale price of the vehicle, then add tax, tags, etc.?

Do you want AWD or front wheel drive?
  • Options
    jerry2k2jerry2k2 Member Posts: 33
    Hi, 
    A dealer offers approx $23,7xx.xx for a 2015 CRV EX 2WD.  The sale price includes the destination charge.   This is in northern California.   OTD is $23,7xx.xx plus TTL. 
    Is this a good price?
    Thanks

• Options
    brian125 said:

FWD or AWD model???????????
    AWD model. Most dealers were willing to match $27500 as the price, and the sales tax, processing and title were adding an extra $2000. One price I got was $29607.
  • Options

Is your target price of $27,500 the amount you want to pay altogether, or are you willing to pay this as the sale price of the vehicle, then add tax, tags, etc.?

Do you want AWD or front wheel drive?
    AWD model. Most dealers were willing to match $27500 as the price, and the sales tax, processing and title were adding an extra $2000. One price I got was $29607.

Does $29607 sound like a reasonable OTD price or could I do better?
  • Options
    mgag6mgag6 Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote of OTD price $271,98 for 2015 Honda CRV EX in PA area. Is this a Good price? If not not can someone tell me what is the lowest price somebody get for 2015 Honda CRV EX
    ? or should I wait more till Dec end. Please suggest.
  • Options
    ise10ise10 Member Posts: 8
    please post the car price. Not OTD price because I dont know how much is tax on your state.
    I am in washington and I have to pay 9.8% Tax.
  • Options
    mgag6 said:

Got a quote of OTD price $271,98 for 2015 Honda CRV EX in PA area. Is this a Good price? If not not can someone tell me what is the lowest price somebody get for 2015 Honda CRV EX

Hit up Nick Coleman at Browns Honda in Glen Burnie, MD. He just gave me a price on an EX-L AWD, $26,167. Add in freight brings it to $27,047. If I were you, I'd wait until the end of December as that number may come down. If my math is right, you'd be looking at $29,303 OTD on the deal from Browns.

LET US KNOW HOW YOU END UP DOING! I'm shopping CRV's in the same area.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    truckie4life

He might not of been aware of package. A lot of salesman today like to play that (I was not aware card ) .... Regardless... You tell dealer find me one with out App. package or I'll take that package at your Invoice cost. Or I will take my business elsewhere. If you hold out till the very end of the month getting Pohanka, Criswell, O'Donnell's, Browns , Shockley, Jim Coleman's, Sport, AutoNation, etc you should be able to buy your model CRV for 1000 to 1500 below dealers invoice price in the MD / VA. area

Find that right dealership on the 30th or 31st and you may be able to hit that 1500 below mark. I would email each stores Int. mgr. Dec. 27th, telling each dealership you will buy x model today for xxx price leaving a credit card deposit to secure deal. Then let the last few days play out. Email more dealership. Why?

Dealerships that are not known to sell vehicles very low priced will do so the last 2 days in Dec if they are looking for there sales quota / Incentives for the month or year. List below are a few in MD

Ourisman, Anderson, Silver Spring, Heritage Honda.

• Options
    If you live in the NY/ NJ, CT, PA, DE, area it may be very hard to get close to prices in..... MA, MD, and CA.

If you plan on buying this month.

Work your best deals by getting as many dealerships involved that your willing to travel to. This process is done Via emails, and direct calls to each dealerships Internet manager. No reason to step foot in any dealership unless you have agreed on pricing. If your out of state make dealer Fax you the buyers order/ bill of sale and buy vehicle holding with a credit card. Sometimes crossing state lines will help get a much better price. So negotiate hard till months end. This will help you make the best deal in the higher priced Honda regions.

Wait till the very end of the month............... you have nothing to lose and all to gain.

Good luck..........keep posting your deals.................. It helps all of us in this forum.

• Options
    mgag6mgag6 Member Posts: 2
    mgag6 said:

Sale price of car is $25,320 and OTD is $27198.
  • Options
    dpullen4dpullen4 Member Posts: 12
    Costco price for an AWD 2015 Touring was $32,023, but I passed.
  • Options
    brian125 said:

truckie4life

He might not of been aware of package. A lot of salesman today like to play that (I was not aware card ) .... Regardless... You tell dealer find me one with out App. package or I'll take that package at your Invoice cost. Or I will take my business elsewhere. If you hold out till the very end of the month getting Pohanka, Criswell, O'Donnell's, Browns , Shockley, Jim Coleman's, Sport, AutoNation, etc you should be able to buy your model CRV for 1000 to 1500 below dealers invoice price in the MD / VA. area

Find that right dealership on the 30th or 31st and you may be able to hit that 1500 below mark. I would email each stores Int. mgr. Dec. 27th, telling each dealership you will buy x model today for xxx price leaving a credit card deposit to secure deal. Then let the last few days play out. Email more dealership. Why?

Dealerships that are not known to sell vehicles very low priced will do so the last 2 days in Dec if they are looking for there sales quota / Incentives for the month or year. List below are a few in MD

Ourisman, Anderson, Silver Spring, Heritage Honda.

Thanks for the advice Brian. I'll keep you up to date on my progress....

• Options
    jerry2k2 said:

Hi, 
    A dealer offers approx $23,7xx.xx for a 2015 CRV EX 2WD.  The sale price includes the destination charge.   This is in northern California.   OTD is $23,7xx.xx plus TTL. 
    Is this a good price?
    Thanks

Jerry what's up with the xxx's.... Do they mean 000.. If so a good deal at 1050 below dealers invoice price.

• Options
    @brian125, it was $23,792.26

• Options
    AWD vs FWD....is awd better in terms of ride comfort and has less road noise than the fwd?  There is no snow where i live.  
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    jerry2k2 said:
    AWD vs FWD....is awd better in terms of ride comfort and has less road noise than the fwd?  There is no snow where i live.  
    I don't think there is a difference in comfort or road noise - AWD is really FWD except when the rear tires lose traction 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,316
    jerry2k2 said:

I doubt you could tell the difference between the two on a CR-V. I will say, though.... if you have no snow, I wouldn't bother with AWD. The AWD system in the CR-V doesn't contribute to better handling, like it might with an Audi or Subaru.

Save your money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    @michaell nd kyfdx... Thanks.   I will stick with only FWD.
  • Options
    tiffletiffle Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm a first time new car buyer here and living in MA. I am interested in 15 CR-V Touring and just received 2 internet quotes from 2 dealers. I'm not sure if they are good prices AND HOW MUCH SHOULD I OFFER? . Could you please advise?. Thanks for your help.

Dealer 1:

Pricing: 2015 Honda CR-V Touring awd
    MRSP $33,650
    $30,631 Dest inc. + Tax, Reg & $295 Doc fee additional

Dealer 2: Pricing Breakdown

$30,984.05 Sale Price (includes $880 Destination Charge)
    +$1,951.44 6.25% Sales Tax
    +$135.00 Registration Fee
    +$239.00 Documentation Fee
    $33,309.49 Total "Out-The-Door" Price (No Hidden Charges)

If anyone got a good price, Could you please let me know the name of the dealer/ salesperson or sale manager?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
  • Options
    yhr707yhr707 Member Posts: 11
    wow tiffle.

much better pricing on touring models over there than here in va / md.
    dealing with dealers here is so painful.

• Options
    I finally picked up 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD from Ourisman Honda in Laurel MD last weekend. My OTD(all inclusive) was $29k. The OTD also included a college graduate rebate of $500.