Have you recently switched from a gas-powered vehicle to an EV, or vice-versa? A national TV broadcast network would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 12/5 for more details.
Are you a current or prospective Tesla customer who is having a change of heart about the brand? A national news reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 12/5 for more details.

2015 Subaru Outback Lease Questions

123578

Comments

  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 115
    Thank You!

    SM
    Michaell said:

    samny1 said:

    Hi,

    Can you please tell me the RV and MF for 36 months and 12K miles per year in NY for the 2.5i premium, limited and 3.6R limited? Do the numbers vary if you have moonroof/nav/eyesight?

    Thanks,

    SM

    2.5i Premium - 57% and .00012

    2.5i Limited & 3.6R Limited - 57% and .00030

    Options packages do not affect these numbers.
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 115
    How do those numbers differ if the lease is for 10K or 12.5K?

    SM
    samny1 said:

    Thank You!

    SM


    Michaell said:

    samny1 said:

    Hi,

    Can you please tell me the RV and MF for 36 months and 12K miles per year in NY for the 2.5i premium, limited and 3.6R limited? Do the numbers vary if you have moonroof/nav/eyesight?

    Thanks,

    SM

    2.5i Premium - 57% and .00012

    2.5i Limited & 3.6R Limited - 57% and .00030

    Options packages do not affect these numbers.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    kitblue said:

    Michaell said:

    kitblue said:

    Hello!
    Looking for MF and Residual Value for 2015 Outback 2.5 Limited (with roof/navi/eyesight and BSD options) for 15,000 miles and 36 month -NJ. Thank you very much!

    55% and .00030
    Thank you! The dealer told me that their MF is 0.0008 instead of 0.0003. I know this wouldn't make a significant difference in monthly payment, but is MF negotiable?

    The dealer has the option of inflating the MF for extra profit. You, of course, don't want that. Politely but firmly explain to them you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    samny1 said:

    How do those numbers differ if the lease is for 10K or 12.5K?

    SM

    samny1 said:

    Thank You!

    SM


    Michaell said:

    samny1 said:

    Hi,

    Can you please tell me the RV and MF for 36 months and 12K miles per year in NY for the 2.5i premium, limited and 3.6R limited? Do the numbers vary if you have moonroof/nav/eyesight?

    Thanks,

    SM

    2.5i Premium - 57% and .00012

    2.5i Limited & 3.6R Limited - 57% and .00030

    Options packages do not affect these numbers.
    From the 12K numbers I quoted you, add 1% to the residual for 10K miles per year.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 115
    OK. Thanks!
    Michaell said:

    samny1 said:

    How do those numbers differ if the lease is for 10K or 12.5K?

    SM

    samny1 said:

    Thank You!

    SM


    Michaell said:

    samny1 said:

    Hi,

    Can you please tell me the RV and MF for 36 months and 12K miles per year in NY for the 2.5i premium, limited and 3.6R limited? Do the numbers vary if you have moonroof/nav/eyesight?

    Thanks,

    SM

    2.5i Premium - 57% and .00012

    2.5i Limited & 3.6R Limited - 57% and .00030

    Options packages do not affect these numbers.
    From the 12K numbers I quoted you, add 1% to the residual for 10K miles per year.
  • boredsysadminboredsysadmin Member Posts: 6

    $37k for an Outback? wow - at that price point, if I needed a v6 I think I'd be looking at the Highlander. Did that ever cross your mind?

    Not sure about this snarky and useless remark.

    Similarly equipped Highlander with V6 and AWG and similar extras cost $46k msrp,
    9k above Outback.
    Has worse performance, worse fuel consumption,
    And above all - worse safety rating on small side collision and higher chance of rollover due to increased height of weight center.


    Outback
    snarky? lol
    I've been going back and forth between the Outback and the Highlander for some time. You're clearly getting into the cost of a lower appointed Highlander. I like both vehicles - but the Highlander is much more car than the outback. heck for 36k I'm pretty sure I can get the Highlander in the XLE version AWD.
    If you can get XLE with AWD for 36k and you like the car - great for you - go for it!

    Just a few details as for why my Subaru 3.6 Limited with package I took is missing from XLE model:
    Blind Spot Monitor & Lane departure, Moonroof and Dymanic cruise control.
    Outback 3.6 Limited with "Eyesight" package has them, XLE doesn't - only comp package is Limited with extra "Technology" package

    Are this features critical to you? I guess not, but my 36k Subaru has them. To compare apples to apples you'd need to step up to 46k Highlander
  • 2020vision2020vision Member Posts: 20
    Michaell said:

    samny1 said:

    Hi,

    Can you please tell me the RV and MF for 36 months and 12K miles per year in NY for the 2.5i premium, limited and 3.6R limited? Do the numbers vary if you have moonroof/nav/eyesight?

    Thanks,

    SM

    2.5i Premium - 57% and .00012

    2.5i Limited & 3.6R Limited - 57% and .00030

    Options packages do not affect these numbers.
    I live in MA. Are these numbers national or different for MA?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063

    Michaell said:

    samny1 said:

    Hi,

    Can you please tell me the RV and MF for 36 months and 12K miles per year in NY for the 2.5i premium, limited and 3.6R limited? Do the numbers vary if you have moonroof/nav/eyesight?

    Thanks,

    SM

    2.5i Premium - 57% and .00012

    2.5i Limited & 3.6R Limited - 57% and .00030

    Options packages do not affect these numbers.
    I live in MA. Are these numbers national or different for MA?

    The Subaru numbers are national.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 211,954
    Assuming they are using Subaru Motors Finance (aka Chase Bank). There is a distributorship that covers part of New England that runs differently from the rest of the country..

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • 2020vision2020vision Member Posts: 20
    looking for residuals and MF for 36/10 and 39/10 Boston MA. Also, generally what is the most favorable number of months for a 10,000 per year lease?.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 211,954

    looking for residuals and MF for 36/10 and 39/10 Boston MA. Also, generally what is the most favorable number of months for a 10,000 per year lease?.

    Which one?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • 2020vision2020vision Member Posts: 20
    Michaell said:

    kitblue said:

    Michaell said:

    kitblue said:

    Hello!
    Looking for MF and Residual Value for 2015 Outback 2.5 Limited (with roof/navi/eyesight and BSD options) for 15,000 miles and 36 month -NJ. Thank you very much!

    55% and .00030
    Thank you! The dealer told me that their MF is 0.0008 instead of 0.0003. I know this wouldn't make a significant difference in monthly payment, but is MF negotiable?

    The dealer has the option of inflating the MF for extra profit. You, of course, don't want that. Politely but firmly explain to them you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF.
    I'm looking for a 36/10 lease. I am also being given .0008 MF for limited and .00062 for premium. My dealer (in metro Boston) insists these are Subaru national numbers and Edmunds is giving incorrect info. They are also quoting 58% residual on a 36/10. Who is correct?

    This difference adds almost $30 extra to my monthly lease number which I feel is significant, and may tip the balance for me to purchase instead of lease.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 211,954

    Michaell said:

    kitblue said:

    Michaell said:

    kitblue said:

    Hello!
    Looking for MF and Residual Value for 2015 Outback 2.5 Limited (with roof/navi/eyesight and BSD options) for 15,000 miles and 36 month -NJ. Thank you very much!

    55% and .00030
    Thank you! The dealer told me that their MF is 0.0008 instead of 0.0003. I know this wouldn't make a significant difference in monthly payment, but is MF negotiable?

    The dealer has the option of inflating the MF for extra profit. You, of course, don't want that. Politely but firmly explain to them you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF.
    I'm looking for a 36/10 lease. I am also being given .0008 MF for limited and .00062 for premium. My dealer (in metro Boston) insists these are Subaru national numbers and Edmunds is giving incorrect info. They are also quoting 58% residual on a 36/10. Who is correct?

    This difference adds almost $30 extra to my monthly lease number which I feel is significant, and may tip the balance for me to purchase instead of lease.


    58% is correct for 36/10. 55% was for 36/15.


    Subaru allows dealers to mark up the money factor by .00050 (maximum) for extra profit... I think you can do the math and see what's happening..

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ct57ct57 Member Posts: 1
    1. Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited with Eyesight package, Popular Package 5, Side molding, remote start, cargo net.
    2. CT
    3. MSRP $38,298
    4. Negotiated price $35,060
    5. 3 yr lease/12K
    6. Aq/Doc/Srv/Lien $507. Reg/Title $155.Taxes $1045. Capped Fees $795. All fees included in lease.
    7. Quoted MF 0.00030. Quoted residual 57% or $21,829. Quoted monthly payment Base$438/Total $466

    How does this deal sound?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    ct57 said:

    1. Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited with Eyesight package, Popular Package 5, Side molding, remote start, cargo net.
    2. CT
    3. MSRP $38,298
    4. Negotiated price $35,060
    5. 3 yr lease/12K
    6. Aq/Doc/Srv/Lien $507. Reg/Title $155.Taxes $1045. Capped Fees $795. All fees included in lease.
    7. Quoted MF 0.00030. Quoted residual 57% or $21,829. Quoted monthly payment Base$438/Total $466

    How does this deal sound?

    Excellent choice - the wife and I just put a deposit down yesterday for a car almost exactly like yours.

    I confirm the .00030 MF and 36/12 residual of 57%. However, when I use the MSRP you provided and a net cap cost of $36,517 (sell price + 507 + 155 + 795), I'm showing a pre-tax payment of $425.48.

    Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is - and how they got to that number from the negotiated price.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • av8r85av8r85 Member Posts: 14
    What do you guys think of this deal? 3 year/15,000 mile lease

    2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited.
    w/moonroof, nav, eye-sight package
    Blind spot side mirrors and auto dim
    Rear bumper cover
    Rear seat cover
    All weather mats
    Plus two years of regular scheduled maintenance (I guess it's a manufacturer incentive?)

    MSRP: $34,656
    Net Cap $32,166
    55% RV
    .00030 MF

    $750 drive off, which includes first month payment, DMV fee, license plate, doc fee, CA tire fee,

    They are quoting $409/month including taxes.

    I get the same result when I do my own math. This is right at invoice, is anyone getting them to go lower than invoice?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    av8r85 said:

    What do you guys think of this deal? 3 year/15,000 mile lease

    2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited.
    w/moonroof, nav, eye-sight package
    Blind spot side mirrors and auto dim
    Rear bumper cover
    Rear seat cover
    All weather mats
    Plus two years of regular scheduled maintenance (I guess it's a manufacturer incentive?)

    MSRP: $34,656
    Net Cap $32,166
    55% RV
    .00030 MF

    $750 drive off, which includes first month payment, DMV fee, license plate, doc fee, CA tire fee,

    They are quoting $409/month including taxes.

    I get the same result when I do my own math. This is right at invoice, is anyone getting them to go lower than invoice?

    The Outbacks are pretty popular - did you use the pricing tools here at Edmunds to help establish a target price?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • av8r85av8r85 Member Posts: 14
    Sorry....should include I'm in Riverside County, CA with a 8% sales tax
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    av8r85 said:

    Sorry....should include I'm in Riverside County, CA with a 8% sales tax

    I'm getting the same payment with your numbers.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • av8r85av8r85 Member Posts: 14
    Yes, your TMV price is $32,754. TrueCar and KBB are also giving me a similar price to yours. So it seems like a good deal?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    av8r85 said:

    Yes, your TMV price is $32,754. TrueCar and KBB are also giving me a similar price to yours. So it seems like a good deal?

    The only way to make it better is to negotiate a lower selling price.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • dpscoobydpscooby Member Posts: 3
    I would like the Residual and MF for an Outback Limited 2.5i and 3.6R, 24 months, 15K per year. New England dealership. Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    dpscooby said:

    I would like the Residual and MF for an Outback Limited 2.5i and 3.6R, 24 months, 15K per year. New England dealership. Thanks!

    2.5i Limited - 59% and .00265

    3.6R - 60% and .00265

    36 month numbers are better all the way around (55% and .00030 for both models)

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • dpscoobydpscooby Member Posts: 3
    Thanks!
  • deropusderopus Member Posts: 36
    I would like RV and MF for 12k/36m for Limited 2.5 and 3.6. I am in Southern California. Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    deropus said:

    I would like RV and MF for 12k/36m for Limited 2.5 and 3.6. I am in Southern California. Thank you!

    2.5i and 3.6R - .00030 and 57%

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • deropusderopus Member Posts: 36
    Thank you!!!
  • cea20008cea20008 Member Posts: 12
    Can somebody provide the RV and MF for 10k/36m for Limited 2.5 and 3.6? I am in Washington DC.

    Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    cea20008 said:

    Can somebody provide the RV and MF for 10k/36m for Limited 2.5 and 3.6? I am in Washington DC.

    Thanks.

    .00030 and 58% for both engine sizes.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bsolsbsols Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

    Can you please provide the current RV and MF for 12k/36m for a limited 2.5 and 3.6. I am in NJ.

    Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 211,954
    bsols said:

    Hi,

    Can you please provide the current RV and MF for 12k/36m for a limited 2.5 and 3.6. I am in NJ.

    Thanks!


    .00049 MF and 58% residual for either model

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • dcf1955dcf1955 Member Posts: 41
    Hello, can you provide Residual and MF for 12k/yr 24m and 36m Outback Limited 2.5i for MA? Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    dcf1955 said:

    Hello, can you provide Residual and MF for 12k/yr 24m and 36m Outback Limited 2.5i for MA? Thank you!

    58% and .00049 for 36/12.

    24 month numbers not competitive.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bsolsbsols Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

    Can you please provide the current RV and MF for 10k/36m for a limited 2.5 and 3.6. I am in NJ.

    Thanks again!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 211,954
    bsols said:

    Hi,

    Can you please provide the current RV and MF for 10k/36m for a limited 2.5 and 3.6. I am in NJ.

    Thanks again!


    Add 1% to go from 12K/yr to 10K/yr

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • aec4444aec4444 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Im looking for money factor and residual for Outback Limited 2.5i with eyesight.. 18K and 20K per year, 36 months. NJ
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    aec4444 said:

    Im looking for money factor and residual for Outback Limited 2.5i with eyesight.. 18K and 20K per year, 36 months. NJ

    36/15 numbers are 56% and .00049. Extra miles are purchased up front at $0.10/mile.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • zac31zac31 Member Posts: 19
    Please provide me the money factor and residual value for Outback Premium with eyesight. 12k and 15k for 36 months. New Jersey and Pennsylvania. MSRP is $30,515. Zero down payment. What will be my monthly lease? Thank you! :smile:
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    zac31 said:

    Please provide me the money factor and residual value for Outback Premium with eyesight. 12k and 15k for 36 months. New Jersey and Pennsylvania. MSRP is $30,515. Zero down payment. What will be my monthly lease? Thank you! :smile:

    57% and .00049 for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K.

    What is the negotiated selling price?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • zac31zac31 Member Posts: 19
    Michaell said:

    zac31 said:

    Please provide me the money factor and residual value for Outback Premium with eyesight. 12k and 15k for 36 months. New Jersey and Pennsylvania. MSRP is $30,515. Zero down payment. What will be my monthly lease? Thank you! :smile:

    57% and .00049 for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K.

    What is the negotiated selling price?
    $28,378. is this a good deal? Thanks
  • glimglim Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    I tried to get a similar quote as av8r85
    But I got rejected by the dealer and he's saying there no way they will sell the Outback Limited with package 5 and Nav and Insight ..at or below invoice price.
    Because it is just too hot of car right now.

    I believe he gave the MF as 0.00049 and RV as 59%

    Basically for 3yr/ 10K , drive off with $850 and the monthly payment $375.8+ Tax. ( based on the given data, does it make the cap charge of $32997. Is that right?)

    Does that sound reasonable?
    Thanks in advance.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    glim said:

    I tried to get a similar quote as av8r85
    But I got rejected by the dealer and he's saying there no way they will sell the Outback Limited with package 5 and Nav and Insight ..at or below invoice price.
    Because it is just too hot of car right now.

    I believe he gave the MF as 0.00049 and RV as 59%

    Basically for 3yr/ 10K , drive off with $850 and the monthly payment $375.8+ Tax. ( based on the given data, does it make the cap charge of $32997. Is that right?)

    Does that sound reasonable?
    Thanks in advance.

    I confirm the MF of .00049 and the 36/10 residual of 59%.

    I had the same problem when we bought our 2015 Outback Limited (3.6R). Couldn't get the dealer to go to invoice - I ended up at $1000 above, but still about $2K below sticker. Same reasoning - too rare, too much in demand.

    Seems like you got a decent deal.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • deropusderopus Member Posts: 36
    Hi, Any changes for March numbers (RV, MF) for So. Cal? I am looking for 12k/36m and 15k/36m for 2.5 limited eyesight/moonroof. Thanks!
  • deropusderopus Member Posts: 36
    Also, does subaru charge a lease acquisition fee? Thanks again!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 211,954
    deropus said:

    Hi, Any changes for March numbers (RV, MF) for So. Cal? I am looking for 12k/36m and 15k/36m for 2.5 limited eyesight/moonroof. Thanks!

    deropus said:

    Also, does subaru charge a lease acquisition fee? Thanks again!

    .00049 MF and 58%/56% residual.

    $595 acquisition fee

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • deropusderopus Member Posts: 36
    Thanks!
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve San Jose, CaMember Posts: 186
    edited March 2015

    $37k for an Outback? wow - at that price point, if I needed a v6 I think I'd be looking at the Highlander. Did that ever cross your mind?

    Not sure about this snarky and useless remark.

    Similarly equipped Highlander with V6 and AWG and similar extras cost $46k msrp,
    9k above Outback.
    Has worse performance, worse fuel consumption,
    And above all - worse safety rating on small side collision and higher chance of rollover due to increased height of weight center.


    Outback
    I just purchased the 2015 Highlander XLE AWD at invoice with a tow hitch for under $37k. Outside of better gas milege, I really can't see why you would opt for the Outback at $37,000. The safety rating on the Highlander is excellent - there's more room, towing capacity, seating capacity.....what am I missing? I really liked the Outback and would of gone with it had the 4 cly handled the towing requirements I have, but at $37k I had to look at the Highlander and it was no contest.

    Not being snarkey - just wanted others to know their options.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063

    $37k for an Outback? wow - at that price point, if I needed a v6 I think I'd be looking at the Highlander. Did that ever cross your mind?

    Not sure about this snarky and useless remark.

    Similarly equipped Highlander with V6 and AWG and similar extras cost $46k msrp,
    9k above Outback.
    Has worse performance, worse fuel consumption,
    And above all - worse safety rating on small side collision and higher chance of rollover due to increased height of weight center.


    Outback
    I just purchased the 2015 Highlander XLE AWD at invoice with a tow hitch for under $37k. Outside of better gas milege, I really can't see why you would opt for the Outback at $37,000. The safety rating on the Highlander is excellent - there's more room, towing capacity, seating capacity.....what am I missing? I really liked the Outback and would of gone with it had the 4 cly handled the towing requirements I have, but at $37k I had to look at the Highlander and it was no contest.

    Not being snarkey - just wanted others to know their options.
    No worries - we're all entitled to our opinion.

    The wife and I chose the Outback - we took a quick look at the Venza, which would have been about $5K more expensive and gotten less technology in return. Never considered the Highlander, as the wife wanted a "wagon" rather than an SUV this time around.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jasond02jasond02 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Folks, I'm new here and hoping someone can tell me if this is a good deal:

    2015 Outback Limited 2.5i
    Moonroof package but no eyesight
    MSRP: $34,068
    Negotiated Price: $31,020
    Incentives: $250 rebate, new price $30,770
    Fees: Reg- $401, Taxes- $947, Doc Fee- $249, Tire Tax- $7.50, Acquisition- $595
    Residual- 58%
    MF- .00049
    36 month lease/12k miles (NJ purchase)

    I'm being offered $345.81/month with $2k down or $318.64/month with $3k down.
    Is this a good deal??

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 212,063
    jasond02 said:

    Hi Folks, I'm new here and hoping someone can tell me if this is a good deal:

    2015 Outback Limited 2.5i
    Moonroof package but no eyesight
    MSRP: $34,068
    Negotiated Price: $31,020
    Incentives: $250 rebate, new price $30,770
    Fees: Reg- $401, Taxes- $947, Doc Fee- $249, Tire Tax- $7.50, Acquisition- $595
    Residual- 58%
    MF- .00049
    36 month lease/12k miles (NJ purchase)

    I'm being offered $345.81/month with $2k down or $318.64/month with $3k down.
    Is this a good deal??

    If you are paying all the taxes up front, my $0 down calculation with the information you've provided is $330.61. Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is, and how they got to that number from the $30,770 price you've quoted.

    We do not recommend putting any money down on a lease; if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.