Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Nissan Maxima Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

Michaell said:

Residual and money factor for 2017 Maxima. 3 years, 36k miles

SV:

SL:

thanks!!!

.00003 and 51% for all Maxima trims.

Great. I should have clarified NYC / Jersey so I hope that doesn't matter.  In any case, thanks for the info and quick response. 

Nissan numbers are national.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jimmybradyjimmybrady Member Posts: 106
    Can i get the mf and residual for the maxima SR and SL. 

36 months 12k miles. 

Michigan
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,771

Can i get the mf and residual for the maxima SR and SL. 

36 months 12k miles. 

Michigan

.00003 MF and 51% residual for all trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fat_professorfat_professor Member Posts: 6
    Considering a 2017 Maxima Platinum. What is the residual and money factor for a 36 month lease at 12k miles/ year in Texas? Thanks!

Considering a 2017 Maxima Platinum. What is the residual and money factor for a 36 month lease at 12k miles/ year in Texas? Thanks!

.00003 MF and 51% residual for all trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rdonnel10rdonnel10 Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2017
    This will be my first time leasing a car and am curious about this offer I got today...

Maxima SR Midnight
    MSRP: $43,370.00 (Seems high to me)
    Discount: $7,724
    Rebate: $2,725
    Adjusted Price: $32,927
    Taxable Fee: $144.95
    Doc Fee: $799.00
    Tax: $352
    Non Tax Fee: $142
    Net Price: $34,367

They want $3000 down for a $350 monthly payment. That's way more than I'm willing to put down but that's right around where I want my monthly payment. Any chance to make that happen with a lot less down?
    rdonnel10 said:

This will be my first time leasing a car and am curious about this offer I got today...

Maxima SR Midnight

They want $3000 down for a $350 monthly payment. That's way more than I'm willing to put down but that's right around where I want my monthly payment. Any chance to make that happen with a lot less down?

What term and mileage?
    What state and tax rate? Florida?
    Don't see an acquisition fee in there anywhere.

MSRP is MSRP.. if you want a lower payment, choose a unit with less options and a lower MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2017

kyfdx said:

Maxima SR Midnight

What term and mileage?

MSRP is MSRP.. if you want a lower payment, choose a unit with less options and a lower MSRP.

It's 36 months with 12k miles and yes, state is Florida. They did not provide me with the acquisition fee...Regarding MSRP, their website states it was around $40000 so it's almost like they added my down payment to the MSRP. Just feel like it should be lower with that down payment. My credit score is 750 as well so I should be getting the best money factor.
    rdonnel10 said:

kyfdx said:

rdonnel10 said:

Maxima SR Midnight

What term and mileage?

It's 36 months with 12k miles and yes, state is Florida. They did not provide me with the acquisition fee...Regarding MSRP, their website states it was around $40000 so it's almost like they added my down payment to the MSRP. Just feel like it should be lower with that down payment.

The MSRP is the number on the window sticker. Your downpayment won't affect it.
    Use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to "build" the car and check the MSRP against their number.

If that is the actual MSRP, then you won't be able to get it for $350/mo, without a substantial down payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2017

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Maxima SR Midnight

What term and mileage?

It's 36 months with 12k miles and yes, state is Florida. They did not provide me with the acquisition fee...Regarding MSRP, their website states it was around $40000 so it's almost like they added my down payment to the MSRP. Just feel like it should be lower with that down payment.

Use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to "build" the car and check the MSRP against their number.

If that is the actual MSRP, then you won't be able to get it for $350/mo, without a substantial down payment.

No, I know down payment won't affect MSRP. I just think they jacked it up. I haven't seen a midnight edition over $41000 MSRP anywhere.  I meant with a 3000 down payment that should lower the monthly payments, not MSRP
    rdonnel10 said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Maxima SR Midnight

What term and mileage?

No, I know down payment won't affect MSRP. I just think they jacked it up. I haven't seen a midnight edition over $41000 MSRP anywhere.  I meant with a 3000 down payment that should lower the monthly payments, not MSRP

Every $1000 down will reduce the 36 month lease payment about $28/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited May 2017

Can you agree this is not a very good offer? With a money factor of .00003 and a residual value of 51%, I'm coming no where near that price per month with a $3000 down payment. Am I missing something?
    rdonnel10 said:

Can you agree this is not a very good offer? With a money factor of .00003 and a residual value of 51%, I'm coming no where near that price per month with a $3000 down payment. Am I missing something?

I don't know... but, I think you are right about the MSRP. If you build one with every factory installed option, the MSRP is $41,655.

I'd guess they loaded that one up with accessories. And, they probably aren't residualized, which makes the calculations more difficult.
    Maybe shop some other dealers?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2017
    Are June's RV and MF the same for an SR Midnight 36/12?

Are there any factory incentives this month?

I'm in Florida
    rdonnel10 said:

Are June's RV and MF the same for an SR Midnight 36/12?

Are there any factory incentives this month?

I'm in Florida

Nissan's May program runs through June 5th. So, no new program until Tuesday.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can I do better? Shouldn't the rebate be higher?

rdonnel10 said:

Can I do better? Shouldn't the rebate be higher?

We don't have any information on Nissan incentives.

However, the tax amount is wrong - Florida taxes the monthly payment on a lease. And, no mention of the acquisition fee.

Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2017
    I left out the "Note" section that was included. I believe the sales tax was for the purchase option which I will not be doing...

Regarding rebates, I see a cash back offer of $4250 on the Midnight Edition ($3250 cash back + $1000 package savings). Would that not apply here? I appreciate all the help. This is my first lease and am just trying to wrap my head around all this info

rdonnel10 said:

I left out the "Note" section that was included. I believe the sales tax was for the purchase option which I will not be doing...

Regarding rebates, I see a cash back offer of $4250 on the Midnight Edition ($3250 cash back + $1000 package savings). Would that not apply here? I appreciate all the help. This is my first lease and am just trying to wrap my head around all this info

The $1000 is reflected as a lower price on the window sticker. It's not really a discount.

If you look at your last addition, it gives the CAP cost, money factor and residual.

$35,321 selling price
    +595 acquisition fee
    +1356 tag/title/dealer fee
    +425 first payment
    - $2725 rebate
    = $34972 CAP cost

They show $35034, but that's probably sales tax on the acq.fee for the difference.
    Using their numbers, I get $397/mo.+tax, which is pretty close to $425/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Any new factory incentives for June that started today?
    rdonnel10 said:

We haven't seen anything yet, today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

rdonnel10 said:

Same program as last month. .00003 MF and 50% residual for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Anyone get a good deal on the midnight edition? I can't seem to get it under $400/month on a 36/12k lease
  • akones16akones16 Member Posts: 5
    Looking for Money factor and residual percentage for a Nissan Maxima SL, 12K/36 months in California. Thanks!
    Kones said:

Looking for Money factor and residual percentage for a Nissan Maxima SL, 12K/36 months in California. Thanks!

.00003 and 51% for all Maxima trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zmarg19zmarg19 Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2017
    New to the site, but have been using the numbers / info provided by you guys for months now and would like to say thank you. For those interested in the SR Midnight, I don't think it's realistic to expect anything under $399. I've walked from two dealerships now trying to put their limits to the test. Currently leasing a 14' Maxima fully loaded @ $323/per month (Ends Jan 18'). Dealers are offering to waive 2 payments, cut me a check for the remaining 4, $0 down at $399/per month taxes and fees included (36/12k lease). Spoke to the Senior GM and was given some advice to wait until next month or when the leaves start turning to get the best deal. Just wanted to share my personal experience thus far. Thanks!

~Z
    zmarg19 said:

New to the site, but have been using the numbers / info provided by you guys for months now and would like to say thank you. For those interested in the SR Midnight, I don't think it's realistic to expect anything under $399. I've walked from two dealerships now trying to put their limits to the test. Currently leasing a 14' Maxima fully loaded @ $323/per month (Ends Jan 18'). Dealers are offering to waive 2 payments, cut me a check for the remaining 4, $0 down at $399/per month taxes and fees included (36/12k lease). Spoke to the Senior GM and was given some advice to wait until next month or when the leaves start turning to get the best deal. Just wanted to share my personal experience thus far. Thanks!

~Z

Thanks for the information!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    I often wonder if car salesmen lurk on these forums?
    Well, I have one payment left on my Altima,and in the market for an other Altima or Maxima, I live in MASS and ready to take delivery immediately for the right offer.
    otoluva said:

I often wonder if car salesmen lurk on these forums?
    Well, I have one payment left on my Altima,and in the market for an other Altima or Maxima, I live in MASS and ready to take delivery immediately for the right offer.

We don't allow solicitation in our forums, so if a salesperson does contact you, let us know. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nsolisnsolis Member Posts: 17
    Hi Guys: Here is a deal I have on the table, due to close tomorrow. What say you?

2017 Black Maxima 3.5 SL. $0 due at delivery. 35 payments after that (with all costs and first payment rolled in). 3 year lease, 15K miles per year.

MF: .00003
    Residual: 50%

MSRP: $38,575
    Discount: $3,330
    Rebate: $3,825
    Registration Fees: $175

Massachusetts Sales Tax = 6.25%

Total Payment: $380.17 + $23.76 (tax) = $403.93

Good deal?
    nsolis said:

Hi Guys: Here is a deal I have on the table, due to close tomorrow. What say you?

2017 Black Maxima 3.5 SL. $0 due at delivery. 35 payments after that (with all costs and first payment rolled in). 3 year lease, 15K miles per year.

MF: .00003
    Residual: 50%

MSRP: $38,575
    Discount: $3,330
    Rebate: $3,825
    Registration Fees: $175

Massachusetts Sales Tax = 6.25%

Total Payment: $380.17 + $23.76 (tax) = $403.93

Good deal?

I get $393/mo with tax using those numbers. Are you rolling in the first payment to the gross cap cost? That might account for the difference.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nsolisnsolis Member Posts: 17
    Correct. I did the math and paying at delivery v. rolling in is the same net impact to total payments.
    nsolis said:

Correct. I did the math and paying at delivery v. rolling in is the same net impact to total payments.

That is it, then. Looks like a solid deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell - Does Nissan do 24 month leases? If so, what are the numbers for 24/12k in Mass for the Midnight SR?
    zmarg19 said:

Michaell - Does Nissan do 24 month leases? If so, what are the numbers for 24/12k in Mass for the Midnight SR?

.00003 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2017
    I stopped at a couple Nissan dealers today, one was more motivated to deal.
    Offer: 2017 Maxima SL white/tan MSRP $38900 ( sorry selling price was listed on work sheet that I forgot there)
    3 year/15k, only first payment of $365 due at signing.
    I did not counter offer, told him need to sleep on it. Your thoughts please?
    I qualify for loyalty cash bonus.
    Thank you
    otoluva said:

I stopped at a couple Nissan dealers today, one was more motivated to deal.
    Offer: 2017 Maxima SL white/tan MSRP $38900 ( sorry selling price was listed on work sheet that I forgot there)
    3 year/15k, only first payment of $365 due at signing.
    I did not counter offer, told him need to sleep on it. Your thoughts please?
    I qualify for loyalty cash bonus.
    Thank you

Looks like a good deal on a $39K MSRP vehicle

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Any new July incentives, residual value, etc? Thanks!
  • rcb0544rcb0544 Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I am new to the forum but am in the market for a new maxima. I have two offers on the table that include trading in a 2014 maxima. Looking for advice on whether these are fair deals.

Maxima Lease prices

2017 Maxima 3.5 SL
    MSRP- 38,125
    Sale Price- 35, 810
    Reg Fee- 154.15
    Doc Fee- 135
    Acq Fee- 595
    Gross Capitalized Cost- 38,612.99
    Residual- 19,063
    Trade Allowance- 17,500
    Trade Payoff- 19,684
    Rebate- 4825
    Cash Cap Reduction- 500
    Net Cap Cost- 34,007.36

Down payment of $500
    $454/mo

2017 Maxima 3.5 Platinum
    MSRP- 43,475
    Sale Price- 41,000
    Reg Fee- 154.15
    Doc Fee- 135
    Acq Fee- 595
    Gross Capitalized Cost- 44,068.15
    Residual- 21,738
    Trade Allowance- 17,500
    Trade Payoff- 19,684
    Rebate- 4825
    Cash Cap Reduction- 1000
    Net Cap Cost- 38,801.53

Down payment of $1500
    $499/mo
    zmarg19 said:

Any new July incentives, residual value, etc? Thanks!

.00003 MF and 47% residual for 36/15
    All trims
    No incentive info

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

rcb0544 said:

Hi All,

I am new to the forum but am in the market for a new maxima. I have two offers on the table that include trading in a 2014 maxima. Looking for advice on whether these are fair deals.

Maxima Lease prices

2017 Maxima 3.5 SL
    MSRP- 38,125
    Sale Price- 35, 810
    Reg Fee- 154.15
    Doc Fee- 135
    Acq Fee- 595
    Residual- 19,063
    Trade Allowance- 17,500
    Trade Payoff- 19,684
    Rebate- 4825
    Cash Cap Reduction- 500
    Net Cap Cost- 34,007.36

Down payment of $500
    $454/mo

2017 Maxima 3.5 Platinum
    MSRP- 43,475
    Sale Price- 41,000
    Reg Fee- 154.15
    Doc Fee- 135
    Acq Fee- 595
    Residual- 21,738
    Trade Allowance- 17,500
    Trade Payoff- 19,684
    Rebate- 4825
    Cash Cap Reduction- 1000
    Net Cap Cost- 38,801.53

Down payment of $1500
    $499/mo

Your residual looks like 50% of MSRP.
    The current residual for 36/12 is 48% of MSRP

Were these quotes from yesterday? If so, a new program started today.

Your negative equity is adding over $60/mo. to the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

rcb0544 said:

Hi All,

Maxima Lease prices

2017 Maxima 3.5 SL
    MSRP- 38,125
    Sale Price- 35, 810
    Reg Fee- 154.15
    Doc Fee- 135
    Acq Fee- 595
    Residual- 19,063
    Trade Allowance- 17,500
    Trade Payoff- 19,684
    Rebate- 4825
    Cash Cap Reduction- 500
    Net Cap Cost- 34,007.36

Down payment of $500
    $454/mo

2017 Maxima 3.5 Platinum
    MSRP- 43,475
    Sale Price- 41,000
    Reg Fee- 154.15
    Doc Fee- 135
    Acq Fee- 595
    Residual- 21,738
    Trade Allowance- 17,500
    Trade Payoff- 19,684
    Rebate- 4825
    Cash Cap Reduction- 1000
    Net Cap Cost- 38,801.53

Down payment of $1500
    $499/mo

Thanks for the response. This quote was from July 3. I knew the negative equity was going to add to the payment. Do the numbers look good given the negative equity that I had to roll in?

From your math, without the trade-in, the lease for the SL would be $500 down/$390mo & the Platinum would be $1500 down/$439mo.

Thanks again for your help
    rcb0544 said:

kyfdx said:

rcb0544 said:

Hi All,

Maxima Lease prices

2017 Maxima 3.5 SL
    MSRP- 38,125
    Sale Price- 35, 810
    Reg Fee- 154.15
    Doc Fee- 135
    Acq Fee- 595
    Residual- 19,063
    Trade Allowance- 17,500
    Trade Payoff- 19,684
    Rebate- 4825
    Cash Cap Reduction- 500
    Net Cap Cost- 34,007.36

Down payment of $500
    $454/mo

2017 Maxima 3.5 Platinum
    MSRP- 43,475
    Sale Price- 41,000
    Reg Fee- 154.15
    Doc Fee- 135
    Acq Fee- 595
    Residual- 21,738
    Trade Allowance- 17,500
    Trade Payoff- 19,684
    Rebate- 4825
    Cash Cap Reduction- 1000
    Net Cap Cost- 38,801.53

Down payment of $1500
    $499/mo

Thanks for the response. This quote was from July 3. I knew the negative equity was going to add to the payment. Do the numbers look good given the negative equity that I had to roll in?

From your math, without the trade-in, the lease for the SL would be $500 down/$390mo & the Platinum would be $1500 down/$439mo.

The prices are okay. I'd want to shop hard to see if I could do better.

Residuals have dropped by 2%, so the numbers will change, when/if you go back.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ConsiglieriConsiglieri Member Posts: 59
    Update on incentives:

1) Lease:
    -money factor - same at .00003(.07%) - almost free money
    -residual - dropped from 51% to 48% for 12k miles per year
    -lease cash - went up $1000 to $4925

Net Result - monthly lease payment will go up several dollars depending on specific scenario. 

2) Purchase Rebates:
    -Dropped from $3500 to $2000, with another $1000 available contingent on financing with Nissan. Net loss if at least $500!

Remember: the best place to finance (not lease) an auto purchase, if you are not eligible for the manufacturer's special rates, is almost always with a credit union, at least for people with good credit. Many credit unions make it easy for anybody to join. Just read the fine print  regarding what you must do in order to qualify for the best rates. 

You won't always find these rates on the Internet if you search casually unless you specifically look for them. 
     Rates do seem to be edging  up a little bit in the last week or so. 
    I just picked up my 2017 Maxima SL, MSRP $ 40400 white/tan
    3 year/15k $0 drive off only first payment of $ 358.00 due at signing.

otoluva said:

What state are you located in and what as your sale price?

otoluva said:

Central MASS.
    MSRP: 40400
    Agreed upon value of vehicle: 35,824
    Acquisition fee: 595
    Doc fee: 499
    Total gross capitalized cost: 36,918
    Title fee: 110
    Registration fee: 25
    Capitalized cost reduction: 5,850 ( all incentives, lease cash, owner loyalty and so forth )
    Adjusted capitalized cost: 31,068
    Residual value: 18,992
    MASS sales tax 6.25%

How good is this deal? A high volume Nissan dealer in the area told me he was not interested when asked to beat this deal.

otoluva said:

otoluva said:

Central MASS.

MSRP: 40400

Agreed upon value of vehicle: 35,824

Acquisition fee: 595

Doc fee: 499

Total gross capitalized cost: 36,918

Title fee: 110

Registration fee: 25

Capitalized cost reduction: 5,850 ( all incentives, lease cash, owner loyalty and so forth )

Adjusted capitalized cost: 31,068

Residual value: 18,992

MASS sales tax 6.25%

How good is this deal? A high volume Nissan dealer in the area told me he was not interested when asked to beat this deal.

I get 361.40 with those numbers. You made out like a bandit on the the lease cash, rebates and other incentives. I can't even account for that entire $5850. 

Your discount off of MSRP before & incentives, however, was $4576, which is quite an accomplishment, but I did find several dealers in my region who were willing to discount between $4900 to $5500 off of MSRP prior to any rebates. 

kyfdx said:

Hi All,

Maxima Lease prices

2017 Maxima 3.5 SL

MSRP- 38,125

Sale Price- 35, 810

Reg Fee- 154.15

Doc Fee- 135

Acq Fee- 595

Residual- 19,063

Trade Allowance- 17,500

Trade Payoff- 19,684

Rebate- 4825

Cash Cap Reduction- 500

Net Cap Cost- 34,007.36

Down payment of $500

$454/mo

2017 Maxima 3.5 Platinum

MSRP- 43,475

Sale Price- 41,000

Reg Fee- 154.15

Doc Fee- 135

Acq Fee- 595

Residual- 21,738

Trade Allowance- 17,500

Trade Payoff- 19,684

Rebate- 4825

Cash Cap Reduction- 1000

Net Cap Cost- 38,801.53

Down payment of $1500

$499/mo

Thanks for your help!

Is there a number I should be targeting for either model? Given the numbers above and my current trade in status. I am trying to get a sense for a good target number for either model for a monthly payment.

What do you guys think would be a fair approx target ~price for the SL and the platinum?
    rcb0544 said:

kyfdx said:

Hi All,

Maxima Lease prices

2017 Maxima 3.5 SL

MSRP- 38,125

Sale Price- 35, 810

Reg Fee- 154.15

Doc Fee- 135

Acq Fee- 595

Residual- 19,063

Trade Allowance- 17,500

Trade Payoff- 19,684

Rebate- 4825

Cash Cap Reduction- 500

Net Cap Cost- 34,007.36

Down payment of $500

$454/mo

2017 Maxima 3.5 Platinum

MSRP- 43,475

Sale Price- 41,000

Reg Fee- 154.15

Doc Fee- 135

Acq Fee- 595

Residual- 21,738

Trade Allowance- 17,500

Trade Payoff- 19,684

Rebate- 4825

Cash Cap Reduction- 1000

Net Cap Cost- 38,801.53

Down payment of $1500

$499/mo

Thanks for your help!

Is there a number I should be targeting for either model? Given the numbers above and my current trade in status. I am trying to get a sense for a good target number for either model for a monthly payment.

What do you guys think would be a fair approx target ~price for the SL and the platinum?

Check some other recent posts to see what others are getting. You probably won't be able to match the best price, but you should be able to come close

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator