Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Chevrolet Volt Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• TimBosbyTimBosby Member Posts: 38
    Thanks.
    That is a good point. Also - a local dealership guy told me he thinks that all GM/Chevy dealerships in Michigan tend to advertise employee pricing. Basically a bait-and-switch unless you work for GM. :disappointed:
    kyfdx said:

TimBosby said:

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, since I am potentially interested in financing a 2018 Chevy Volt to take advantage of the tax credit (leasing apparently won't get me that.) I'm wondering what is up with the vast discrepancy in pricing on these. They are over $30k invoice price in Omaha (MSRP like $34k or higher.) In Michigan, about 500 miles away, they are about $21k invoice price - same trim, same year, etc. Yeah I get Michigan is home of GM but still... a $9,000-$10,000 price difference in a 500 mile geographic span seems ridiculous.

And I swear there were a few new 2018s in Massachusetts for under $18,000.

Could be EV regulations or something but it still seems absurd.

Appreciate input/insight.

ZEV states likely have extra state incentives that other states don't have. It's likely the dealers there are subtracting the incentives from their actual price (even though the incentives come from Federal/state)

I don't see anything in the way of general Volt incentives in your area.
  • Tech_moto_dadTech_moto_dad Member Posts: 11
    Any word on numbers for 2019 model years?

Looking for base MF and residual for 36/12 on a Volt LT with Power Convenience Package. And Base Premier. Oakland CA 94611
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,207

Any word on numbers for 2019 model years?

Looking for base MF and residual for 36/12 on a Volt LT with Power Convenience Package. And Base Premier. Oakland CA 94611

No numbers for 2019 model, yet

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cardriverxcardriverx Member Posts: 2
    Would it be reasonable to expect the 2019's to cost more to lease? It seems MSRP is about $500-1500 more than a similar 2018. I'm just trying to decide what to do...

Would it be reasonable to expect the 2019's to cost more to lease? It seems MSRP is about $500-1500 more than a similar 2018. I'm just trying to decide what to do...

Yes.. I'd expect lower incentives on the 2019, at first.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sktrojansktrojan Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2018
    Hello Experts:

What do you all think of this offer? I tried to get them to waive the Cap Cost reduction but they wouldn't budge any further (I'll get that back with CA's EV rebate). It's a 2018 Chevy Volt LT with leather seats, Comfort Package, and LT Driver Confidence Package.
    sktrojan said:

Hello Experts:

What do you all think of this offer? I tried to get them to waive the Cap Cost reduction but they wouldn't budge any further (I'll get that back with CA's EV rebate). It's a 2018 Chevy Volt LT with leather seats, Comfort Package, and LT Driver Confidence Package.

That looks really good.
    How much do you get back from the state? $2500?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2018
    I get $1,500 from the state, so it basically pays for the Cap Cost reduction (only reason I'm willing to pay it). Took some time for someone to finally bite! Thanks @kyfdx
  • jeffdogejeffdoge Member Posts: 1
    @sktrojan , where does the:

Rebate Savings.................-7,187.31

come from? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here..
    @jeffdoge It's the rebates and incentives offered by the manufacturer/dealer. $6,900 of that was quoted to me by @Michaell and @kyfdx. I'm not sure of the remaining amount ($287.31), probably a local incentive of some sort.
  • venk251venk251 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    Hello,

Please provide MF, Residual and cash/incentives/rebates on 2018 Volt LT for both 10K and 12k miles, in NH (I will mostly buy in MA, if that matters).

Thanks!
    venk251 said:

Hello,

Please provide MF, Residual and cash/incentives/rebates on 2018 Volt LT for both 10K and 12k miles, in NH (I will mostly buy in MA, if that matters).

Thanks!

36/12
    .00102 MF and 49% residual
    $2900 lease cash
    +$4000 customer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• SIRTENTSIRTENT Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I was hoping that you could please provide the MF, Residual, incentives/rebates on 2018 Volt Premier, 36/15 in 85255.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    SIRTENT said:

Hi,

I was hoping that you could please provide the MF, Residual, incentives/rebates on 2018 Volt Premier, 36/15 in 85255.

.00102 and 46%
    $2525 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• CBNinjahCBNinjah Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    Hello,

I'm not very knowledgeable with all the leasing terms. Hopefully you could help me out on some numbers on leasing.
    I’m in SoCal (Temecula) area looking a 2018 Volt Premier in October and saw one in San Diego. MSRP $40980.  I am military so I’m eligible for GM military discount.
    Will the dealership apply the federal tax credit of $7500 from the price as well as any other State (Cali) rebates and incentives?
    Could you give me some general numbers of what you think I should expect?
    Lease cash? Is that an amount also deducted from the price?

I did lease a 2013 Volt Michigan back in 2013 and that dealership did knock off $7500 of the price for the federal tax credit.

Looking for:
    24, 36, 39 month lease
    10k or 12k or 15k mileage
    Expected down payment amount?
    RV?
    credit score mid 700’s
    expected monthly payment?

thanks in advance!

CBNinjah said:

Hello,

I'm not very knowledgeable with all the leasing terms. Hopefully you could help me out on some numbers on leasing.
    I’m in SoCal (Temecula) area looking a 2018 Volt Premier in October and saw one in San Diego. MSRP $40980.  I am military so I’m eligible for GM military discount.
    Will the dealership apply the federal tax credit of $7500 from the price as well as any other State (Cali) rebates and incentives?
    Could you give me some general numbers of what you think I should expect?
    Lease cash? Is that an amount also deducted from the price?

I did lease a 2013 Volt Michigan back in 2013 and that dealership did knock off $7500 of the price for the federal tax credit.

Looking for:
    24, 36, 39 month lease
    10k or 12k or 15k mileage
    Expected down payment amount?
    RV?
    credit score mid 700’s
    expected monthly payment?

thanks in advance!

Lessees don't get the federal tax credit.
    GM will pass along part of the credit, via rebates.
    State tax credits have to be applied for, and received from the state, after the sale/lease.

24 month term is not offered

.00102 MF
    46%/44% residual for 36/39 mo, 15K/yr
    $2525 lease cash
    +$4000 customer Cap Cost Reduction incentive

We don't track pricing, so can't estimate a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jpd1979jpd1979 Member Posts: 143
    I just wanted to say thanks to the moderators here for all of your help  as well as Edmunds in general for invaluable information  Today I leased a 2018 Chevy Volt LT with the Comfort Package with an MSRP of $34950 for a grand total of $8300 on a 36 month 15k mile a year "One Pay" lease with Excess wear and tear, key replacement ding and dent repair, wheel and tire, etc. all included. I would have said no to the extras, but they used flex cash to keep it within the budget I had planned, so it would have been silly to say no. Thanks again for all your help!
  • Joshua FeinzeigJoshua Feinzeig Member Posts: 28
    Hi please provide MF, RV, incentives, zip 11230, 36/12

Volt LT and premiere

Thanks!
    jpd1979 said:

I just wanted to say thanks to the moderators here for all of your help  as well as Edmunds in general for invaluable information  Today I leased a 2018 Chevy Volt LT with the Comfort Package with an MSRP of $34950 for a grand total of $8300 on a 36 month 15k mile a year "One Pay" lease with Excess wear and tear, key replacement ding and dent repair, wheel and tire, etc. all included. I would have said no to the extras, but they used flex cash to keep it within the budget I had planned, so it would have been silly to say no. Thanks again for all your help!

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Hi please provide MF, RV, incentives, zip 11230, 36/12

Volt LT and premiere

Thanks!

.00102 and 49% (LT) or 48% (Premier)
    $2900 lease cash on LT
    $2525 lease cash on Premier
    $4000 customer incentive on both

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Raji SabbaghRaji Sabbagh Member Posts: 5

FYI, just did a 36/15 lease for Premier with confidence 1, confidence 2, and adaptive cruise control for $11984 one pay.

Congrats on a nice deal. Mind sharing what dealer you got this deal from?
    Just gotta know if I made the right choice jumping on this in September instead of waiting. Costco program doesn't look as good as last year. How's the Volt LT looking for October, 36/15 in zip 08619?
  • mpower22mpower22 Member Posts: 50
    can I get residual/MF/ and incentives for 36/12 for 22025? Thanks!
    jpd1979 said:

Just gotta know if I made the right choice jumping on this in September instead of waiting. Costco program doesn't look as good as last year. How's the Volt LT looking for October, 36/15 in zip 08619?

.00102 MF and 47% residual
    $2900 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

mpower22 said:

LT?

$2900 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    .00102 MF and 47% residual $2900 lease cash +$4000 customer incentive
    OK, so it looks like everything stayed the same. Costco would have possibly netted me an extra $500 bucks off, but no gift card on a 2018, and I don't know if that would have stacked with the college discount, though I don't believe they actually used it. I had GM earnings and I don't think they stack. On the paperwork it looks like they made up for it with Flex Cash, which there's no guarantee that they would have had available, not to mention the possibility that the car would have been gone by the time they were motivated to make a deal like this in October. Nothing to really kick myself over.
  • mpower22mpower22 Member Posts: 50
    kyfdx said:

mpower22 said:

LT?

$2900 lease cash
    yes LT I also assume the $4000 customer cash applies?
  • Joshua FeinzeigJoshua Feinzeig Member Posts: 28
    Hi please provide MF, RV, incentives, zip 11230, 36/12 for October

Volt LT and premiere

Thanks!
    mpower22 said:

kyfdx said:

mpower22 said:

LT?

$2900 lease cash
    yes LT I also assume the $4000 customer cash applies?
    I don't show it for your ZIP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi please provide MF, RV, incentives, zip 11230, 36/12 for October

Volt LT and premiere

Thanks!

.00102 MF
    LT: 49% residual. $2900 lease cash
    Premier: 48% residual. $2525 lease cash

+$4000 incentive on either trim

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• greyhound_guygreyhound_guy Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a great lease deal on 2018 Volt, no money down, $200 or less monthly on a 36/10K. I live in the Albany NY area but have in the past driven to pickup a car in a different area/state.

Also what is the deal with the NY rebate on a lease? I heard the consumer gets that one whereas the company gets the federal rebate.

Looking for a great lease deal on 2018 Volt, no money down, $200 or less monthly on a 36/10K. I live in the Albany NY area but have in the past driven to pickup a car in a different area/state.

Also what is the deal with the NY rebate on a lease? I heard the consumer gets that one whereas the company gets the federal rebate.

LT or Premier trim level?

Yes, state incentives go to the lessee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited October 2018
    Michaell said:

The only thing I would want out of a Premier is heated seats and steering wheel. Premier for a little extra or LT with that option.

Will they roll in the state rebate into the lease or do you get it after. Last time I leased NY didn't have the program yet.

Additional information: educator, competitive lease. Around $500 at signing.

Michaell said:

The only thing I would want out of a Premier is heated seats and steering wheel. Premier for a little extra or LT with that option.

Will they roll in the state rebate into the lease or do you get it after. Last time I leased NY didn't have the program yet.

Additional information: educator, competitive lease. Around $500 at signing.
    LT: .00102 MF and 50% residual
    $2900 lease cash

We haven't seen anyone get close to $200/mo.
    $250/mo. maybe

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Comptonjake53Comptonjake53 Member Posts: 12
    Can I get MF, RV, and incentives for a LT with leather and Bose for 36mo 12k/yr in zip code 91748. Thank you in advance!
    kyfdx said:
    Looking for a great lease deal on 2018 Volt, no money down, $200 or less monthly on a 36/10K. I live in the Albany NY area but have in the past driven to pickup a car in a different area/state. Also what is the deal with the NY rebate on a lease? I heard the consumer gets that one whereas the company gets the federal rebate.
    LT or Premier trim level? Yes, state incentives go to the lessee.
    The only thing I would want out of a Premier is heated seats and steering wheel. Premier for a little extra or LT with that option. Will they roll in the state rebate into the lease or do you get it after. Last time I leased NY didn't have the program yet. Additional information: educator, competitive lease. Around $500 at signing.
    LT: .00102 MF and 50% residual $2900 lease cash +$4000 customer incentive We haven't seen anyone get close to $200/mo. $250/mo. maybe
    I was effectively at 230 a month via a One pay lease at 15k miles a year on an LT with the Comfort Package  which includes automatic heated seats and steering wheel. 34950 MSRP. At 10k with the extra 1700 NYS rebate being applied you might be in the neighborhood 
    The NYS rebate gets applied at the dealership to the lease. Just make sure they are a participating dealer located in New York State.
  • RickshawRickshaw Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Hi, can I get MF, RV and incentives for Volt LT? 36mo/10k zip 92840
    Thanks!

Can I get MF, RV, and incentives for a LT with leather and Bose for 36mo 12k/yr in zip code 91748. Thank you in advance!

$2900 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Rickshaw said:

Hi, can I get MF, RV and incentives for Volt LT? 36mo/10k zip 92840
    Thanks!

.00102 MF and 50% residual
    $2900 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• TheLinuxGuyTheLinuxGuy Member Posts: 9
    Could I get MF, RV and incentives on Volt LT and Premium 36mo/15k and 12k zip 94040

does year matter? I am considering the Volt MY 2019 not sure if the deal would be different (there isnt a 2019 discussion yet)

Could I get MF, RV and incentives on Volt LT and Premium 36mo/15k and 12k zip 94040

does year matter? I am considering the Volt MY 2019 not sure if the deal would be different (there isnt a 2019 discussion yet)

36/15
    .00102 MF
    LT: 47% residual. $2900 lease cash
    Premier: 46% residual. $2525 lease cash

+$4000 customer incentive on either trim

2019 discussion is here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/52753/chevrolet/volt/2019-chevrolet-volt-lease-deals-and-prices/p1?new=1

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Got a great deal from Bob Johnson Chevrolet in Rochester, NY. 2018 Volt LT w comfort package and mats. Dealer car with 2,000 miles. 36m / 10k. Educator, competetive, Chevy incentive, and NYS rebates. Only first payment at signing. 

MSRP - $34815
    Selling - $27500
    w F/Tx - $29477
    Rebate - $7400
    Total.   - $22077

$170 a month

Got a great deal from Bob Johnson Chevrolet in Rochester, NY. 2018 Volt LT w comfort package and mats. Dealer car with 2,000 miles. 36m / 10k. Educator, competetive, Chevy incentive, and NYS rebates. Only first payment at signing. 

MSRP - $34815
    Selling - $27500
    w F/Tx - $29477
    Rebate - $7400
    Total.   - $22077

$170 a month

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MSRP - $34815
    Selling - $27500
    w F/Tx - $29477
    Rebate - $7400
    Total.   - $22077

$170 a month
    Told you..  That extra 1700 in NYS is huge!
    jpd1979 said:

MSRP - $34815
    Selling - $27500
    w F/Tx - $29477
    Rebate - $7400
    Total.   - $22077

$170 a month

Told you..  That extra 1700 in NYS is huge!

$47/mo ….

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• HistogramsHistograms Member Posts: 5
    Could you please tell me the MF, residual, and incentives for the LT (36/10k) in 19147?

I am getting quotes that include $2000 of “2018 Chevrolet Volt Incremental Consumer Cash.” Do you know if this is available on a lease? Thanks.

Could you please tell me the MF, residual, and incentives for the LT (36/10k) in 19147?

I am getting quotes that include $2000 of “2018 Chevrolet Volt Incremental Consumer Cash.” Do you know if this is available on a lease? Thanks.

.00102 MF and 50% residual
    $2900 lease cash

Seems doubtful
    Lease incentives are usually labeled: Incremental CCR

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Steven25Steven25 Member Posts: 73
    Hello - could someone help me with the MF, residual, and incentives for the LT (36/12k) and Premium (36/12k) in 22401? Much appreciated!
    Steven25 said:

Hello - could someone help me with the MF, residual, and incentives for the LT (36/12k) and Premium (36/12k) in 22401? Much appreciated!

.00102 MF
    LT: 49% residual. $2900 lease cash
    Premier: 48% residual. $2525 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator