Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    Getting tired of winter. I’m having withdrawal symptoms from not having my summer fun cars to drive. The best I can do is pull the covers off them this weekend for their monthly battery charging idle.

I suppose I can sit in them and pretend I’m driving. :'(:'(:'(

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,882

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

my local Volvo dealer of all places has a used G wagon (they very rarely have non-Volvo used cars). If this price is reasonable, people who buy these are nuts!

https://www.cherryhillvolvocars.com/used/Mercedes-Benz/2014-Mercedes-Benz-G-Class-cherry-hill-nj-0573e12d0a0e0adf62aba4d9ab640888.htm

It seems expensive to you because you probably aren't after that rare butterfly.
    Hell, he can't even afford a door for his laundry room. :p

jmonroe
    At least his washer and dryer are the same color.
    @isellhondas doesn't think it is important. B)

BTW, did he get lost again or did he ignore his last dues statement?

jmonroe

You value isells judgement over mine?
    We don't even know where his is!
    I'm sitting right here! Edmunds once again, decided my password was no good so this time I finally gave up with a lot of sorrow on my part. Suddenly one day, out of boredom I tried one last time and it actually let me in. For a minute I thought I had been banned.
    Welcome back again.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    my local Volvo dealer of all places has a used G wagon (they very rarely have non-Volvo used cars). If this price is reasonable, people who buy these are nuts! https://www.cherryhillvolvocars.com/used/Mercedes-Benz/2014-Mercedes-Benz-G-Class-cherry-hill-nj-0573e12d0a0e0adf62aba4d9ab640888.htm
    It seems expensive to you because you probably aren't after that rare butterfly.
    Hell, he can't even afford a door for his laundry room. :p jmonroe
    @isellhondas doesn't think it is important. B) BTW, did he get lost again or did he ignore his last dues statement? jmonroe
    You value isells judgement over mine? We don't even know where his is!
    I'm sitting right here! Edmunds once again, decided my password was no good so this time I finally gave up with a lot of sorrow on my part. Suddenly one day, out of boredom I tried one last time and it actually let me in. For a minute I thought I had been banned.
    Isell, I am so very excited to see you posting again!  That’s dangerous to my health, by the way - getting very excited about anything at my age with all my medical problems can be fatal!   :o:p

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    venture said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

my local Volvo dealer of all places has a used G wagon (they very rarely have non-Volvo used cars). If this price is reasonable, people who buy these are nuts!

https://www.cherryhillvolvocars.com/used/Mercedes-Benz/2014-Mercedes-Benz-G-Class-cherry-hill-nj-0573e12d0a0e0adf62aba4d9ab640888.htm

jmonroe

jmonroe

Welcome back again.
    For the 10th time. :p

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

Isell, I am so very excited to see you posting again!  That’s dangerous to my health, by the way - getting very excited about anything at my age with all my medical problems can be fatal!   :o:p

If anything happens to you Mike, we will direct your lawyer to who they should sue!

• Options
    houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

Same here !
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited February 2019
    LOL.

Getting tired of winter. I’m having withdrawal symptoms from not having my summer fun cars to drive. The best I can do is pull the covers off them this weekend for their monthly battery charging idle.

Bet you can't do this with your Mustang!

I'd love to know the story. Pic was on a page of a local car club. People were making up cut captions:
    "Honey, I'm home." for example.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    @imidazol97,
    You never know, oldfarmer50 loves a challenge. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options

driver100 said:

fintail said:

The camo is dbaggy on an old CLS, but I could deal with it on a G-Wagen.

True, a vehicle that really needs to be camouflaged. B)
    A G Wagon.....love 'em or hate 'em!

Driver you would have loved the guy I worked with today. He is a Mercedes collector.

He has three, a 1999 SLK, a 1999 C280 and a 2006 SLK.

Did I hear someone say Mercedes Collector?

Still have ours and haven't tried selling it at all. Too many deadbeats, flakes and dreamers out there. I need a REAL Mercedes Collector who knows what this car even is!

1979 MINT MINT 450 SLC! All Service Records since new 105,000 miles. Just a beautiful, classy car that sold for close to 35,000 when new in 1979. Time for it to go!
    How about a picture?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

LOL.

I'd love to know the story. Pic was on a page of a local car club. People were making up cut captions:

Nope, my Mustang can’t do that. Bet he had fun doing it though.

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I was looking for the redneck caption B)
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    LOL.
    Getting tired of winter. I’m having withdrawal symptoms from not having my summer fun cars to drive. The best I can do is pull the covers off them this weekend for their monthly battery charging idle. I suppose I can sit in them and pretend I’m driving. :'(:'(:'(
    Bet you can't do this with your Mustang! I'd love to know the story. Pic was on a page of a local car club. People were making up cut captions: "Honey, I'm home." for example.
    This is why they keep their couch on the lawn rather than the porch.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563
    driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

If anything happens to you Mike, we will direct your lawyer to who they should sue!

Well, if you're going to handle this, just let his lawyer know where to send the money found in the envelope in the upper left side of his dresser marked, "Airfare Money for jmonroe". B)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options

LOL.

One pre-owned Corvette for sale....good for parts.

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    jmonroe1 said:
    my local Volvo dealer of all places has a used G wagon (they very rarely have non-Volvo used cars). If this price is reasonable, people who buy these are nuts! https://www.cherryhillvolvocars.com/used/Mercedes-Benz/2014-Mercedes-Benz-G-Class-cherry-hill-nj-0573e12d0a0e0adf62aba4d9ab640888.htm
    @isellhondas doesn't think it is important. B) BTW, did he get lost again or did he ignore his last dues statement? jmonroe
    Well, if you're going to handle this, just let his lawyer know where to send the money found in the envelope in the upper left side of his dresser marked, "Airfare Money for jmonroe". B) jmonroe
    I never leave money in my dresser or my home and I certainly would not put money in an envelope marked for air-fare for anyone named Monroe.  I would leave a note stating that my ash remains be sent to jmonroe in a cardboard box for distribution.  Air-fare?  You must be dreaming!  :o:D

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563
    abacomike said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

Well, if you're going to handle this, just let his lawyer know where to send the money found in the envelope in the upper left side of his dresser marked, "Airfare Money for jmonroe". B)

jmonroe

I never leave money in my dresser or my home and I certainly would not put money in an envelope marked for air-fare for anyone named Monroe.  I would leave a note stating that my ash remains be sent to jmonroe in a cardboard box for distribution.  Air-fare?  You must be dreaming!  :o:D

Does anyone know how much I can get for a half pound of ashes from a passed Edmunds star member? ;)

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    jmonroe1 said:
    jmonroe1 said:
    Well, if you're going to handle this, just let his lawyer know where to send the money found in the envelope in the upper left side of his dresser marked, "Airfare Money for jmonroe". B) jmonroe
    Does anyone know how much I can get for a half pound of ashes from a passed Edmunds star member? ;) jmonroe
    Yes. 1 oz of fairy dust.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Good to see you back, Craig!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe

Does anyone know how much I can get for a half pound of ashes from a passed Edmunds star member? ;)

jmonroe

Mix them with concrete and build a barbecue. Then wait for driver to cruise by on his way south to hitch a ride. His couch is available since my in-laws moved to St. Cloud and offered me a real bed. ;)

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe

Are you sure it will only be a half pound?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    There is a recycling box at the bottom of each page of the Forums. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    oldfarmer50

jmonroe

Mix them with concrete and build a barbecue. Then wait for driver to cruise by on his way south to hitch a ride. His couch is available since my in-laws moved to St. Cloud and offered me a real bed
    . ;)

I would have been glad to do that, but since we fly these days direct from Toronto to Tampa, that would be hard for me to do.
    But, UPS is dependable and provides very good service.

• Options
    edited February 2019

jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe

Are you sure it will only be a half pound?

lol....he may want to take a good whiskey and scotch with him too.

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    There are so many litigation attorneys in Florida, which may result in Mike getting a heart attack just dealing with them all and trying to choose one B)
  • Options
    Got an email from PBS asking me to do a survey. The first question was:
    Why do you donate to PBS?
    Because I enjoy the programs.
    My gift helps provide a benefit to my community in general.
    I feel better about myself when I give.
    My gift helps provide essential services, such as programming and educational materials.
    I enjoy receiving member benefits (e.g. tickets, discounts, gifts).
    I give because I'm more fortunate than others.

Sounds like they want this information, not to provide the programming I want to see, but, to know how to extrcate more money from me.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    @driver100
    Also they are planting ideas in your mind of why you should be donating. Pushing a guilt trip that you have not donated a million or so already. 

• Options
    Every group needs an agenda. If they didn't have one, they'd be called "your local bar".
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362

My favorite shots of "incidents" involving cars I've owned- same colors and everything!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    Remember the story I told about how the Feds dropped down on the drug bust where our local police found $1.7 million in cash? Well, I received a call from the FBI this week and it seems that the forfeited money is to be split up based on man-hours spent on the case- so my office will at least get something.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    edited February 2019
    After days of single and negative temps (F), my only comment is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2fnYpwrng width=300 height=250

We're at 34 and going up over next few days. I got really tired of weather folks and news folks acting like they just discovered negative numbers and giving wind chill readings as if it was all there is. I saw weathercasts where they never showed the real temps--just gave wind chill charts.

• Options
    edited February 2019

• Options
    driver100 said:

oldfarmer50

jmonroe

Mix them with concrete and build a barbecue. Then wait for driver to cruise by on his way south to hitch a ride. His couch is available since my in-laws moved to St. Cloud and offered me a real bed
    . ;)

I would have been glad to do that, but since we fly these days direct from Toronto to Tampa, that would be hard for me to do.

Do they make a box big enough for mr. monroe or would he have to be folded?

• Options

Remember the story I told about how the Feds dropped down on the drug bust where our local police found $1.7 million in cash? Well, I received a call from the FBI this week and it seems that the forfeited money is to be split up based on man-hours spent on the case- so my office will at least get something.

I see a new car in your future. :D

• Options

I see a new car in your future. :D
    I'm thinking a Mustang Bullitt "company car." :D

• Options
    edited February 2019

Every group needs an agenda. If they didn't have one, they'd be called "your local bar".

"Cheers."

• Options

I am hoping someone knows the story on this accident.

• Options

Gold chains got caught in the steering wheel?

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506

My favorite shots of "incidents" involving cars I've owned- same colors and everything!

Sadly, this is the demo that's getting BMW through the day, or at least they're closer to it than the typical Roundel reader. When a marque becomes popular for reasons far different than what brought it to prominence, this is what you get.

That BMW needs to hold 15 (more or less) raffles a year to try to keep the club alive is proof enough to me that the hard core simple fun-to-drive crowd is decreasing by the day -- think WWII veterans.

The BMW has become the Corvette for younger poseurs. Oh boy.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options

Sadly, this is the demo that's getting BMW through the day, or at least they're closer to it than the typical Roundel reader. When a marque becomes popular for reasons far different than what brought it to prominence, this is what you get.

That BMW needs to hold 15 (more or less) raffles a year to try to keep the club alive is proof enough to me that the hard core simple fun-to-drive crowd is decreasing by the day -- think WWII veterans.

The BMW has become the Corvette for younger poseurs. Oh boy.

I agree; BMW CCA has never come close to capturing 25% of BMW owners- at least since the early '80s. That said, the impact of the internet and the ability to obtain information almost instantaneously hasn't helped either. I joined CCA in 1982 as well as the Senior Six Register because I knew I'd soon be buying an older Bavaria. Back then I found both groups to be virtually essential in order to learn about my car.

• Options
    edited February 2019

@driver100
    Also they are planting ideas in your mind of why you should be donating. Pushing a guilt trip that you have not donated a million or so already. 

Imid, that is probably true. One of the questions later was....would you consider leaving a donation in your will?

• Options

Gold chains got caught in the steering wheel?
    Old Spice aftershave poisoning? Over exposure can cause dizziness, double-vision and reduced cognitive function.

• Options

You mean PBS doesn't have these wonderful programs to make us more cultured and educated?

• Options

driver100 said:

oldfarmer50

jmonroe

. ;)

Do they make a box big enough for mr. monroe or would he have to be folded?

Oh, I thought I was delivering Mikes ashes somewhere! :p

• Options
    edited February 2019
    "imidazol97">

We get at least one of those a day in the Tampa area.....the story is the driver was DUI or texting.

• Options
    driver100 said:

You mean PBS doesn't have these wonderful programs to make us more cultured and educated?
    Possibly that's the agenda? Not a bad idea. You have to be careful what you watch on TV. Some programs have made me more stupid than when I started watching. . :p (I could mention some cars shows on YouTube, but.....no....I won't.)

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733

LOL.

Lyin' salesman told me that there was no understeer!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    New trend. Cars & Porches.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,304

New trend. Cars & Porches.

Too bad it wasn't a 911.

Porsches and Porches.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I was just thinking the other day about buying this Corvette ZR-0 all in one piece of course.

It's only $155,000 US dollars.

Then I thought maybe I could scrimp by with an S450...

Lots of carbon fiber option on this Vette. Does that break easily in accidents?