Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 4,964
    Also, the 2015 C300 had a wristpin issue in the engine that supposedly wasn’t just an annoying noise, but could also lead to premature engine failure down the line. 

I would avoid the 2015 MY unless you can confirm the engine build is post 4/2015. 
    2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,450
    It says "damage to rear" in Sept 2018, but doesn't specify what exactly. Might have been a mailbox, who knows? I would expect a careful examination of that area of the car is in order.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 12,759
    And, if the price is right, then NBD on relatively minor (and repaired) damage.
    2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
    edited February 2
    I spotted a large meteor streaking through the sky yesterday on my way home. And, surprisingly, I managed to catch it on my dashcam. This is in my Q7, and the unit is just a little cheap portable bugger, so the quality is relatively awful, but the meteor was really quite big (looked like the width of a pencil to the naked eye) so it shows up well in the middle, right of center portion of the sky (just over the trees), at least in the portion where I focused in on it with the video editor. :(

2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 6,587
    I love the color combo on that C300. I liked the diesel one I had as a rental in London and would probably have looked for a C300 here had I not fallen in love with the G37.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,596
    Fair price for a clean CPO example. The history concerns me though. I’d say $19k could make me overlook it if it all checks out.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• stickguystickguy Posts: 32,033
    I do love the colors on that one. I can't tell what options it has though, outside of a BU camera.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• breldbreld Posts: 4,383
    Thanks for the insight in the C300 - I’ll pass it along.  

2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Audi A5 - 2017 Miata RF

• graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusPosts: 11,379
    Michaell said:

breld said:

A co-worker asked my advice regarding a car he's looking at tomorrow.

https://www.mercedesoflittleton.com/used-Littleton-2015-Mercedes+Benz-+-C+300+4MATIC-55SWF4KB7FU033231

Off the cuff, seems like a nice car for low-$20k's, but it does have somewhat higher miles.

Thoughts on pricing?

He has plenty of funds to buy whatever he would like, but he's frugal when it comes to cars. He's coming out of a 2013 Chrysler 200 that he would have been happy to keep, but it got totaled (no fault of his).

EDIT: Just noticed there's damage reported on the carfax, so that certainly makes it more uncertain on what the right price would be.

12,000 miles per year seems about right.

I like the colors, but would be concerned about the dirty Carfax.
    Yeah...plus, it doesn’t have the desireable (in my opinion) Burmeister stereo, either.
    2018 Acura TLX 3.5 SH AWD A-SPEC
  • au1994au1994 GAPosts: 1,517
    If he’s the type to drive ‘em into the ground, the Carfax may not be a concern.

Good looking car. Coming from a Chrysler 200, I can’t imagine what he would think!

2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Venetian Red over Black
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 567
    Mercedes CPO is limited in years but unlimited mileage. You can extend the number of years covered too. $0 deductible too
  • Zwest wow I could evan. See the thingg  on the rite!  
    I've got wind of one of these for sale near me:

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 12,047
    mjfloyd1 said:

Mercedes CPO is limited in years but unlimited mileage. You can extend the number of years covered too. $0 deductible too

BMW switched to that a couple of years ago as well.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 116,380
    There are different CPO plans. We have CPO Elite, which they often put on service loaners. Our plan is 5 year, 75K miles.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 12,047
    kyfdx said:

There are different CPO plans. We have CPO Elite, which they often put on service loaners. Our plan is 5 year, 75K miles.

I think that BMW NA eliminated CPO Elite and now the CPO coverage is either one year or two years past the expiration of the New Car Warranty with unlimited miles.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

kyfdx said:

I think that BMW NA eliminated CPO Elite and now the CPO coverage is either one year or two years past the expiration of the New Car Warranty with unlimited miles.
    May be... that was September of 2017

Edmunds Moderator

At the Philly auto show. No Cadillac, no BMW. 
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 2,550

At the Philly auto show. No Cadillac, no BMW. 

As much as Cadillac is trying to find new buyers I’m surprised they did not have an XT4,5, 6 on display. BMW, Porsche were no shows last year at the Charlotte auto show.

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL/Nav

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 107,333
    Met @breld today - he found a gently used Civic Si sedan to test drive. From the passenger seat, I found it to be more comfortable than the Type R he had (duh!). Plenty quick, too. 

Just a skosh overpriced, however - $26,500 for a 2018 with less than 4000 miles. There are dealers in Colorado offering $2k off sticker for a new 2019. 

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 3,324
    New England Auto Show, no |BMW, MB, Cadillac, Jaguar, Porsche, Tesla or Trabant. They actually had to fill some floor space with RVs from the RV show in the next hall at the Boston Convention Center.

Genesis was separate from Hyundail Hyundai again had the best swag (if you participated in their trivia game). Got a GEICO hat., Volvo had a nice showing. Somewhat low energy and uninspiring, a shame.

At the Jag dealer this morning getting annual state inspection (and they washed/vacuumed the XF, nice), in the lot a brand new (no plates) white Lamborghini Urus. Big, slick and imposing. Probably traded for an F-Pace...

'13 Jaguar XF, possibly my favorite of all the cars I've owned. But, my '09 Jag XK was a beauty, as was my '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco (my first!). And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... Ok, I like a lot of the cars in my life.

Michaell said:
    Met @breld today - he found a gently used Civic Si sedan to test drive. From the passenger seat, I found it to be more comfortable than the Type R he had (duh!). Plenty quick, too. 

Just a skosh overpriced, however - $26,500 for a 2018 with less than 4000 miles. There are dealers in Colorado offering $2k off sticker for a new 2019. 
    A buddy was quoted $22,7 on a new $25k MSRP Civic Si sedan in Seattle. Definitely overpriced. 
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 6,587
    The Tahoe has seemed slow to crank on several cold mornings. My battery tester shows the battery at around 500-550 CCA, versus its rating of 730. The battery tester doesn't declare it to be bad, yet, though. I can't clearly read the date code on the battery. If it's what I think it is, it could be as old as six years.

I think I'm going to proactively replace it. This is the first battery where I've ever gotten a decent warning, that I noticed, before it died. The one in my Jetta died without warning, and the one in my Altima cranked slow one morning--the next morning, it was dead.
    corvette said:

The Tahoe has seemed slow to crank on several cold mornings. My battery tester shows the battery at around 500-550 CCA, versus its rating of 730. The battery tester doesn't declare it to be bad, yet, though. I can't clearly read the date code on the battery. If it's what I think it is, it could be as old as six years.

I think I'm going to proactively replace it. This is the first battery where I've ever gotten a decent warning, that I noticed, before it died. The one in my Jetta died without warning, and the one in my Altima cranked slow one morning--the next morning, it was dead.

Six years is not all that old, but, if it is frequently in a situation where it is unlikely to be fully charged, then that's long enough to be showing some age. I think that my Q7's battery is in the same state. It stranded me once, so now I put it on the charger every Sunday to make sure it will float me through the next week without issue. I need to put a new one in it, but waiting on more favorable conditions.

Michaell said:

A buddy was quoted $22,7 on a new $25k MSRP Civic Si sedan in Seattle. Definitely overpriced. 

Somewhat of a trend. Dealers newer used cars can't compete with monthly leasing payments.

• breldbreld Posts: 4,383
    Yeah, I knew the used Si was overpriced going in, but I know a salesperson at this dealership, and I found it more comfortable to test out a used Si at a non-Honda dealer.  To this day, many of them still hold even an Si as something precious.  

At $23k-ish, it’s a pretty great car.

2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Audi A5 - 2017 Miata RF

• Nice on the car looking. And test drive today guys! Corvette yes change  that battery 6 years is old for one and motran. Cars near an strong battery or they can start to do sum  funky. Stuff

Edmunds Moderator

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,271
    nyccarguy said:

I added some power steering fluid to my Q40 the other night and the AM cold squealing is gone.

Well that sucks... we were hoping for an unexpected punch. B)

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra