Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Unusual spy shot from the testing of the new aeroscreen on the Arrow McLaren SP-Chevrolet. Not sure I've ever seen the "hide what it looks like" geometric patterns on an Indy car :)

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,381
    dark red Mazda 3 hatch. Odd proportions in person. too bulky, and rear visibility must be non-existent.

also what I think was a new design Escape. Much different looking. Quick glance as we passed going opposite directions.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,979
    stickguy said:

dark red Mazda 3 hatch. Odd proportions in person. too bulky, and rear visibility must be non-existent.

Have seen a number of those on the roads already, Mazda is inexplicably popular here for some reason. I agree with you, it is a very odd-looking design and visibility must be very poor to the rear.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,674
    edited November 2019
    Lamborghini Urus. Ok, I didn't spot it, but my brother in LA did, sent me a picture. O'Gara Lamborghini of Beverly Hills; looks like a fun place...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    edited November 2019
    New BMW Z4 convertible. Great looking!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,724
    edited November 2019
    Not in person, but saw plenty of social media posts of photos taken from the Malibu Audi presenting the first 2021 Audi RS6 AVANT on US soil. Looks as good in pictures as did the marketing photos/video.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,216
    Odd sighting today. A Renault small white commercial van, a bit smaller than the Transit Connect. What it was doing in Texas and how it got here is anyone’s guess.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,519
    thebean said:

Odd sighting today. A Renault small white commercial van, a bit smaller than the Transit Connect. What it was doing in Texas and how it got here is anyone’s guess.

Probably up from Mexico...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,072
    Saw a new G63 (green!) at the gas station (makes sense) driver fit local stereotypes.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    A blue Subaru Ascent. Actually I was a passenger in it.
    Sat in the 2nd row, huge door, which means a large window.
    Looked out instead on looking in.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    I'm not sure we need yet another CUV, but here's one from Chevy:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2021-chevy-trailblazer-la-auto-show

Didn't the old-timers way back when have homespun cures for gear whine? Sawdust? Banana peels?

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,669
    Sawdust. Just ask Barney (on the Andy Griffith show)...
    New G-wagen in white, and there's a car sharing service (forget the name) using a parking lot near me, a number of new Mazda and Subaru.
    edited December 2019

From Automotive News, apparently a test mule for an upcoming Outback fighter from Ford.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,863
    hopefully the end product looks better.

Gimme one with a twin-turbo 2.7 and it could be interesting.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

The shape of the window behind the C-pillar is awkward, to say the least.

But, I could see the Ford faithful adopting this; like @qbrozen noted, the 2.7TT could be a nice engine choice.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I like the concept, being a fan of the OB. Style works for me.

Recent flurry of new rangers near me, many on temp tags. Not sure why. Maybe a nice lease deal? Never driven one, but I love the way they look.

Saw a Lambo and a McLaren dicing back and on the highway on the way home.
    There was a lane between us when I got along side of them, me on the left, due to traffic.
    Funniest part was some old lady in a Legacy nailed the gas, jumped into the lane between us and totally cut them off to get to the exit on the right.
    In the parking lot at work, a black Palisade(not a huge fan o the styling, but looks better than i pictures) and a black Malibu.
    Too big for my taste, but both that and the telluride are striking designs for big barge CUVs.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,817
    stickguy said:

Too big for my taste, but both that and the telluride are striking designs for big barge CUVs.

And get great reviews.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

And get great reviews.
    And are still selling for over sticker price - at least, for the top trim levels.

Makes for some really poor lease payments ($700's)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

They have gotten great reviews. But man, I realized how big they are when I saw a Santa Fe parked next to a Pallisade. Too big for me. But I can see why people like them. I did a dog placement interview for someone that had a new Telluride and they absolutely raved over it.

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

And get great reviews.
    And are still selling for over sticker price - at least, for the top trim levels.

Makes for some really poor lease payments ($700's)
    Nice vehicle ... but why would you pay $700 for that when you could have an X5 or loaded XC90 for less monthly?

I would not be leasing one of them, so don't ask me!

I wonder what percentage of them are getting leased now? BMW I assume it is approaching 100% at this point.

edited December 2019
    I’d bet it’s 50/50... some people just don’t know leasing and shop for the best deal on a particular model.

I have a friend who does some wild things with cars and leased his wife a Ram. Pretty well equipped (high 50s) and when he told me the payment (in the 7’s) I almost died. It was the first year of the new model and whatever edition/trim it was didn’t have great incentives. I didn’t go any further but I hope it was with zero drive off at least.

at least with the lease, even if it was not a good deal, you just make your payments for 3 years and end up at the same point. If that # fits your budget, just enjoy the car and don't think about it!

I would be shocked if the next one for us is a lease. And only if it is some wild deal where I can make the lease to buy #s actually work out (every time I have tried, it ends up cheaper to buy at the beginning).

stickguy said:

They have gotten great reviews. But man, I realized how big they are when I saw a Santa Fe parked next to a Pallisade. Too big for me. But I can see why people like them. I did a dog placement interview for someone that had a new Telluride and they absolutely raved over it.

You want big? Check out the new Tahoe coming next year. I don't know for sure but it sounds nearly Suburban-sized. One wonders how big is too big in this segment...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2021-chevrolet-tahoe-official-reveal/

sounds much nicer. but even worse to me than the extra length, is the way they keep making the front ends so huge, tall and blocky.

The new Tahoe will be a big hit.... for sure. I like it.

Just think what the new Escalade will be like based off of it. GM is trying to one up the Expedition/Navigator that is apparent.

New sonata. Man that is unique. Long and low. Looks like an Audi and a Citroen mated. Can’t wait to see how that sells.

Also a new venue. Tiny little box, but not bad looking.

Did not get inside the venue or sonata.

I like the new Sonata.... what I don’t like is only 180HP. Is a higher output power train coming?

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,674
    Was in LA for a few days, spotted a new...everything. Notably McClaren's and Ferraris, a Lambo Urus; 911 are to LA what 3 Series are to Boston. Driving on the 405, side by side with a Ferrari Portofino, a very handsome man eyed enviously my rented Kia Optima; probably mistook it for a Stinger.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

tjc78 said:

I like the new Sonata.... what I don’t like is only 180HP. Is a higher output power train coming?

Not that has been reported. But always possible. In this class, probably not that important since most buyers go with the base motor anyway.

I've seen a number of Audi Q8 on the road in the past few days.
    stickguy said:

tjc78 said:

Not that has been reported. But always possible. In this class, probably not that important since most buyers go with the base motor anyway.
    I thought I had read somewhere that the new Kia optima was going to have a TwinTurbo engine with just under 300 hp. I wouldn't be surprised if the same engine found its way into the Sonata.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,122
    Michaell said:

I thought I had read somewhere that the new Kia optima was going to have a TwinTurbo engine with just under 300 hp. I wouldn't be surprised if the same engine found its way into the Sonata.

I just see a 2.5 L and 1.6 L turbo in the Sonata offerings.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Michaell said:

I just see a 2.5 L and 1.6 L turbo in the Sonata offerings.
    Could be a late release...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,863
    Michaell said:

stickguy said:

tjc78 said:

...with FWD. a Korean Buick GS.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

those are the 2 engines. much different, but pretty close in HP. Different torque characteristics though I think. comparable performance I assume.

The lower trims get 191 HP, NA engines, higher trims get 180 HP turbo engines.

Weird.

Guessing they have a supply issue for the turbo? Possible that the higher torque from the turbo translates to better acceleration?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

First time ever, Honda Clarity. Then, an hour later, a 2nd one!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Also, new Volvo V90 wagon. I like that a lot

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Funny how cars can still vary by region. Being on the west coast, I have seen countless Clarity. Kind of makes me think of a Japanese Citroen.
    fintail said:

Funny how cars can still vary by region. Being on the west coast, I have seen countless Clarity. Kind of makes me think of a Japanese Citroen.

Yeah, not a fan of the aero fender skirts

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Next door neighbor’s brother showed up with this.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2019
    So they did sell more than one!