Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    I've done my share as well. We seem to constantly get takeout food lately, and I got the S4 in November, we finished a full flooring renewal project in the house by Thanksgiving (which is part of the reason for my documents being in disarray; new flooring is like moving). Case in point, it took me a few days to find the Title from AZ DOT for my S4. The CA DMV insisted on taking my only original copy; I hope they didn't lose it. I couldn't stand waiting in line or in their waiting room again, so I left it in the drop box.

I got a smog check for the S4 too, even though everyone knew it would be fine.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    New resident in my building was driving a ~10 year old F150, just showed up in a brand new Ranger.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
  • Options
    I saw a couple the new Defenders. They are much larger than the previous versions.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    Parked next to a new Rogue. Actually really good looking. Nice design.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    The most recent Rogue also looked good. No firsthand experience but it was not well-liked by reviewers, don't know about the newest one.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options

I saw a couple the new Defenders. They are much larger than the previous versions.

I saw this AM that LR is introducing a performance version of the Defender with a 525HP V-8:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/land-rover-launches-new-525hp-defender-v8/43801

• Options
    ab348 said:

The most recent Rogue also looked good. No firsthand experience but it was not well-liked by reviewers, don't know about the newest one.

the few reviews I recall seeing were positive about it. Big improvements over the prior model.

• Options
    Another new car in my parking lot, this one a Crosstrek, because of course.
  • Options
    New M-B Maybach S-Class, coming soon for a mere $185K. Not sold on the two-tone.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928
    1979 called and wants their colors back.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    I don’t get the brown exterior with piano black inside. The whole thing seems really off to me.

• Options
    I would not want to have to maneuver that barge in a tight warehouse full of expensive cars.

• Options
    Probably has ever sensor known to man... Helen Keller could drive it. (Joke stolen from @roadburner)

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,988
    edited March 2021
    Kind of reminds me of dad's 79 Eldorado diesel. His was this two tone color combo without a vinyl top and had wire wheel covers. Diesel badge over cornering light is not correct, should be under Eldorado script on fender.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    Just had a member request lease numbers for the outgoing Maybach - 35% residual for 36 months and 10,000 miles. The car they are looking at has an MSRP of something like $206K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    35%? Yowzers.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Michaell said:

Just had a member request lease numbers for the outgoing Maybach - 35% residual for 36 months and 10,000 miles. The car they are looking at has an MSRP of something like $206K.

Wow $4000 a month payment .. lol.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

I think the selling price was something like $175K. With a crazy amount down, he was quoted $3200/mo.

But, this was with a decent markup to the MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

I think the selling price was something like $175K. With a crazy amount down, he was quoted $3200/mo.

Ha ha more than my mortgage and NJ taxes. Ahh to be rich !

• Options
    That Lincoln make me want a Snickers bar. :D
  • Options
    tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

Well, $3200/mo is about the size of my mortgage (with taxes, etc.).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,326
    stickguy said:

35%? Yowzers.

Last year's model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I don't mind the two tone. It's a throwback to 2002, like Hoovie's money pit:

I suspect the new one will age far better than the prior one. Both based on S-class, but the early 2000s car was a maintenance chore, with air suspension components almost being consumables.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    Somehow MB keeps missing the 'boy, that looks impressive' target with the Maybachs, at least to me.
  • Options
    Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

Yeah we are just under $3000. I told the wife when we moved that was the limit! She made sure we didn’t miss it by much! What’s crazy is 40% of it is taxes.

• Options
    fintail said:

I don't mind the two tone. It's a throwback to 2002, like Hoovie's money pit:

I suspect the new one will age far better than the prior one. Both based on S-class, but the early 2000s car was a maintenance chore, with air suspension components almost being consumables.

I could handle the silver/Grey, but brown is just out of the question for me.

• Options
    There were several options. This seems to be a reverse of the new one:

Hard to two-tone a modern design, but I don't mind it.
    tjc78 said:

I could handle the silver/Grey, but brown is just out of the question for me.

• Options
    I think the S-class roots are too easily visible - makes the pricier model look like poor value.

It was really a thing with the early 00s model, which resembled a W220 S-class with a Daewoo inspired grille, but was 300K - the new ones look like a bargain in comparison.

You'd be a hit at a MBCA gathering anyway.
    texases said:

Somehow MB keeps missing the 'boy, that looks impressive' target with the Maybachs, at least to me.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

Yeah we are just under $3000. I told the wife when we moved that was the limit! She made sure we didn’t miss it by much! What’s crazy is 40% of it is taxes.
    The property taxes in NJ blow my mind. Taxes are just about 15% of our mortgage.

Hoping to move somewhere much less expensive next time around, and cut the mortgage by 2/3 if all goes well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

The property taxes in NJ blow my mind. Taxes are just about 15% of our mortgage.

Hoping to move somewhere much less expensive next time around, and cut the mortgage by 2/3 if all goes well.
    Yep they are insane (14K)... at least the county I’m in is lower by percentage than where I came from. I’d wager @stickguy pays a lot more than me, one county north.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

Yep they are insane (14K)... at least the county I’m in is lower by percentage than where I came from. I’d wager @stickguy pays a lot more than me, one county north.
    Ours are around $5K annually, and that's double what my last two houses were.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Tax amounts are irrelevant, if we don't know the house value they are based on.

$$$ per thousand of value?

$13.75 here, more or less

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Our property taxes are calculated market value times .65 times mill rate(27.97).
    We are over the 10k Federal writeoff limit.
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

$29.50 per thousand in my case.

• Options

Our property taxes are calculated market value times .65 times mill rate(27.97).
    We are over the 10k Federal writeoff limit.

Approx $18.18 per thousand, then?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

In that case, around $10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

Just under $13k here now I think. I just happened to look at the bill earlier since I called tax office to make sure the new mortgage company paid the Q1 taxes after our refi.

Is absurd. And why I’m anxious to get out of jersey. Definitely not a place to try and retire!

• Options
    tjc78 said:

kyfdx said:

Actually I’m wrong... that’s actual value. If I use the assessed value (which taxes are based on) it’s $34.09 a thousand.

• Options
    stickguy said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

tjc78 said:

Michaell said:

Just under $13k here now I think. I just happened to look at the bill earlier since I called tax office to make sure the new mortgage company paid the Q1 taxes after our refi.

Is absurd. And why I’m anxious to get out of jersey. Definitely not a place to try and retire!
    Yea it is nuts. You may be less per thousand than me in Gloucester Co.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

tjc78 said:

kyfdx said:

Actually I’m wrong... that’s actual value. If I use the assessed value (which taxes are based on) it’s $34.09 a thousand.
    I usually disregard the assessed value. Your value might not differ as much, as you recently bought it. But I'll hazard a guess that my house is worth at least $100K over assessed value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

tjc78 said:

tjc78 said:

kyfdx said:

I usually disregard the assessed value. Your value might not differ as much, as you recently bought it. But I'll hazard a guess that my house is worth at least $100K over assessed value.
    We are assessed between 50 and 60K lower than what the house is worth. My old house was over 100K delta

• Options
    Assessed value can make no sense.

T, your are probably just higher because newer house that cost more.

• Options
    Yeah that makes sense. I keep forgetting this place isn’t even three years old yet.

• Options
    People in the Seattle metro pandemonium like to whine about property tax, where rates are actually not insane, it's the housing values. But when someone paid 100K for a house now worth 1MM, I only have crocodile tears B)
    kyfdx said:

• Options
    @kyfdx,
    Factor is actually .7, so effective mill rate about 20.
    Reevaluation is every 4 years, so coming up this year.
  • Options
    fintail said:

People in the Seattle metro pandemonium like to whine about property tax, where rates are actually not insane, it's the housing values. But when someone paid 100K for a house now worth 1MM, I only have crocodile tears B)

kyfdx said:

If the municipality was doing OK with the taxes on the property when the assessed value was $100K, and if they didn't cut their tax rate by +/-90% when assessments increased tenfold, they are reaping a massive windfall. Are they spending 10 times as much? If so, why?

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    No income tax in Texas, but HIGH property taxes.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Population explosion without affordable single family housing (and the tax base that comes with) keeping pace, tax breaks to preferred entities, prior generations who deferred maintenance and infrastructure expansion that now needs to be completed at much higher prices, public sector expenses and related benefit costs going to the moon, etc. No doubt they are spending 10x as much or more, hell, the transit system expansion is probably costing 50x as much as it would have 40-50 years ago for land alone.

ab348 said:

If the municipality was doing OK with the taxes on the property when the assessed value was $100K, and if they didn't cut their tax rate by +/-90% when assessments increased tenfold, they are reaping a massive windfall. Are they spending 10 times as much? If so, why?

• Options
    Normally newer built houses are assessed at a higher price, and owners pay more property tax than a comparably valued older home (especially with a long term owner). Every so often, the town reassesses every house in town to get a current value. They are supposed to adjust the tax rate down to make it revenue net neutral.

The end result is that a lot of people with newer houses see their actual annual taxes go down, and people that have older houses see a jump (and man, that 2nd group loves to yelp about that!)

Thankfully the last time it was done here, we were in the first category.