Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2015 Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    jmswttsjmswtts Member Posts: 6
    Guys, thanks for all of the great information, it's been a huge help.

I'm aiming to go look at a new 6 lease in a about a week or two, and I'm shopping both 2015s and 2016s. I've been combing over numbers here for the last couple days, can anyone post a summary of current MCS numbers for Touring & Grand Touring models for both model years? I am in NJ and I'm looking at 10k and 12k leases.

Also, I'm noticing that dealers are offering $1500 lease cash on the 2015s, but the '16s have a higher residual value at this point. What shakes out to be a better deal? I'm trying to keep my payments under 300 if possible, and have cash on hand as a cap cost reduction.

Thanks in advance,

James
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,625
    Stock of 15s is real short. Last week, the PA dealers I am talking to had none. The jersey guy had 1 left (a loaded grand touring tech). 16's also changed a bit, so not a direct comparison.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,970
    jmswtts said:

I'm aiming to go look at a new 6 lease in a about a week or two, and I'm shopping both 2015s and 2016s. I've been combing over numbers here for the last couple days, can anyone post a summary of current MCS numbers for Touring & Grand Touring models for both model years? I am in NJ and I'm looking at 10k and 12k leases.

Also, I'm noticing that dealers are offering $1500 lease cash on the 2015s, but the '16s have a higher residual value at this point. What shakes out to be a better deal? I'm trying to keep my payments under 300 if possible, and have cash on hand as a cap cost reduction.

Thanks in advance,

James

All 36/12 numbers (add 1% for 10K):

2015 Touring - 54% and .00001
    2015 GT - 53% and .00001
    $1500 lease cash

2016 Touring - 61% and .00004
    2016 GT - 59% and .00004
    $100 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2015
    jmswtts said:

Thanks in advance,

James

My neighbor leased a Red, 2016 Touring model May,30th from Lester Glen In Toms river NJ. Msrp was 26,340. With a 342 mo. payment. $1600 OOP. Dealer threw in Splash guards, door edge and leather protector on seats. ( BS charge anyway.) lease was 3yr/ 36... $500 rebate if you have a Chase credit card or Acc. If you have a certain leased vehicle there is another rebate which he did not get.

Nothing Changed from last month on the 2016 models.

Best deals same vehicle 2016, I touring msrp= $26,340..... $338 and 339 a month @New Rochelle's Mazda and Action In Flemington NJ.

Also try Weisledge and Schwartz mazda. Found both int/ Mgrs. honest and knowledgeable. . Both probably would of matched above pricing if they had said vehicle.

Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for all of the feedback.

I've decided - going in for a 2016 GT, Meteor Gray. 10k/36 month lease.

I have $3000 in cash for a cap cost reduction, and I'm looking to negotiate what I built out on the Mazda site as a $31,260 car down to an even $30k if possible. By all online calculators, based on the MF/residual information you guys have given me here, it appears that I'm looking at a sub-$300 payment (which is my aim). Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, how realistic is getting the negotiated price down to $30,000 (or even lower)? Am I overreaching here?
  • Options
    jmswtts said:

Thanks for all of the feedback.

I've decided - going in for a 2016 GT, Meteor Gray. 10k/36 month lease.

I have $3000 in cash for a cap cost reduction, and I'm looking to negotiate what I built out on the Mazda site as a $31,260 car down to an even $30k if possible. By all online calculators, based on the MF/residual information you guys have given me here, it appears that I'm looking at a sub-$300 payment (which is my aim). Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, how realistic is getting the negotiated price down to $30,000 (or even lower)? Am I overreaching here?

We don't recommend making a cap cost reduction - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

The 36/10 numbers on the 2016 6 GT are 60% and .00004 (assuming you don't live in the Western US - then the numbers are 60% and .00052).

Using the MSRP of $31,260 and a cap cost of $30,000, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $314.28 ($337.69 in the West).

You can use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help establish price targets.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Amazing....so no cap cost reduction. I'd much rather not do it if it's not necessary. And do you guys think I could walk away with a lease negotiated on an even $30k cap cost? Anyone care to share their experiences with this?

Also, Michaell, what could I expect my OOP expenses to be to walk away with that monthly payment?
  • Options
    jmswtts said:

Amazing....so no cap cost reduction. I'd much rather not do it if it's not necessary. And do you guys think I could walk away with a lease negotiated on an even $30k cap cost? Anyone care to share their experiences with this?

Also, Michaell, what could I expect my OOP expenses to be to walk away with that monthly payment?

Up front costs include first payment, acquisition fee, dealer fee and any state or local license or tag costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited June 2015
    A lot of Mazda dealers wanted invoice price for the 2016 and would not budge. . There were a few dealers in NY/NJ @500 below invoice price. That price Excluded any incentives and rebates on the 2016 model. Mazda cant, and wont discount like Honda , Toyota, Nissan etc. I'm sure if you extend your dealership search with more dealerships and buy at the end of the month you may do better than 500 below invoice.

Your upfront cost in NJ will be higher than NY costs (1600) due to dealers doc fee charges and NJ DMV fee's.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Tax question - in NJ, for a lease, what am I paying tax on? I'm trying to calculate my tax, license and tag costs.

I've read that:

- I would be paying tax on the cap cost reduction if I put money down.

- I would be paying tax (7%) on my lease payment every month.

- I have the option of paying tax up front or over the course of the lease.

Which of these three is true?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first lease and I'm just trying to educate myself. I went to a dealer in the area and had a terrible experience yesterday, a lot of fast talking, a lot of numbers thrown around without explanation (see: claiming current residual on the '15 and '16 was at 47% - huh?) and a lot of questions going unanswered. I walk out and left. I'm debating whether or not it would be beneficial to just do some calculations on my own and e-mail some of the internet sales departments to see what they can come up with.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    My neighbor leased the i touring model Msrp was roughly 26,340. He paid $24,039.

The NY tax on the 3yr lease he paid upfront.... $760 plus the 595 bank fee, and NY dmv fee's ($116) plate transfer plus Reg fee's don't know what they were.

You could roll the tax / bank fee, etc into the 3yr payment OR pay out of pocket thus lowering your monthly payment. Remember if your car is stolen or totaled in a accident the upfront money you lose.

• Options
    In Jersey, you pay the tax up front. Not as part of the payment. And if you move out of state, you will lose it, though you can file a claim to get a refund (my son did this when he move to NY). The tax is just on the lease amount though. Not sure if you pay it on a cap cost reduction, but I believe you do. Basically the same as a buy. You pay on the cost of the car, but not doc/dmv fees and stuff like that.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    How about a lease in Texas or Illinois, you pay sales tax on the full value of the leased vehicle, just like you were purchasing it. Unless the laws have been changed in New Jersey, you have the choice of paying up-front taxes on either the purchase price or the total of lease payments. You can (in some states ) capitalize the upfront taxes into your lease. NY, MN, Ohio, KY, have to pay upfront taxes . Best to check your states leasing laws if you never leased to make sure dealers are not lying to you.. You know there very good at that.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    jmswtts, I pulled this off a sales tax site on auto leases

Sales Tax

If you make a down payment (capitalized cost reduction) on your auto lease, you will be charged state and local sales tax on the down payment amount in most states and in Canada. It is payable at the time you sign your lease contract as part of your “due at lease signing” amount.

Although most states only charge sales tax on individual monthly payments (and down payment, if any), some states, such as Texas, New York, Minnesota, Ohio, Georgia, and Illinois, require the entire sales tax to be paid up front, based either on the sum of all lease payments or on the full sale price of the vehicle, depending on the state. Georgia now has a new up-front ad valorem tax but no monthly or annual taxes. Customers often choose to roll up-front taxes back into the capitalized cost and finance it with the lease. See below for more details.

http://www.leasetips.com/salestax.htm

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,296
    jmswtts said:

Tax question - in NJ, for a lease, what am I paying tax on? I'm trying to calculate my tax, license and tag costs.

I've read that:

- I would be paying tax on the cap cost reduction if I put money down.

- I would be paying tax (7%) on my lease payment every month.

- I have the option of paying tax up front or over the course of the lease.

Which of these three is true?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first lease and I'm just trying to educate myself. I went to a dealer in the area and had a terrible experience yesterday, a lot of fast talking, a lot of numbers thrown around without explanation (see: claiming current residual on the '15 and '16 was at 47% - huh?) and a lot of questions going unanswered. I walk out and left. I'm debating whether or not it would be beneficial to just do some calculations on my own and e-mail some of the internet sales departments to see what they can come up with.

Thoughts?

Yes.... you pay tax on any cap reduction or other taxable items paid upfront (acquistion fee, etc).

The sum of the monthly payments is taxed at 7%. It's due upfront, but you can add that amount to the CAP cost, so it's included in the monthly payments (it's still paid upfront, you are just financing it).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mikecass2286mikecass2286 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, can I please get the Residual/MF for 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring (no upgrade packages) and the Touring (w/ tech and sunroof package)? Can I please have these numbers for both 10K and 12K for 36mo. in the state of NJ?

Additionally, is there any lease cash or other promotions for June 2015?
  • Options

Hi, can I please get the Residual/MF for 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring (no upgrade packages) and the Touring (w/ tech and sunroof package)? Can I please have these numbers for both 10K and 12K for 36mo. in the state of NJ?

GT: .00004 MF and 60%/59% residual
    Touring: Add 2% to residual.

$100 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jwptceojwptceo Member Posts: 1
    Thanks a lot for all the information. Wondering if I could get the info for a 36 month 12k lease in Rhode Island for the '16 Sport and Touring. Thanks again
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Question for the mods - where are you guys able to pull MF and residual info? I went to one dealer he tried to tell me a 6 is being calculated with a 47% residual. I called MCS directly and they said they didn't have the info, so they couldn't help me.
  • Options
    mikecass2286mikecass2286 Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx said:
    Hi, can I please get the Residual/MF for 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring (no upgrade packages) and the Touring (w/ tech and sunroof package)? Can I please have these numbers for both 10K and 12K for 36mo. in the state of NJ? Additionally, is there any lease cash or other promotions for June 2015?
    GT: .00004 MF and 60%/59% residual Touring: Add 2% to residual. $100 lease cash.
    Just want to confirm that the MF is .00004 and not .0004.  Thanks!
  • Options
    jwptceo said:

Thanks a lot for all the information. Wondering if I could get the info for a 36 month 12k lease in Rhode Island for the '16 Sport and Touring. Thanks again

.00004 MF and 60%/61% residual for Sport/Touring, assuming automatic. $100 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jmswtts said:

Question for the mods - where are you guys able to pull MF and residual info? I went to one dealer he tried to tell me a 6 is being calculated with a 47% residual. I called MCS directly and they said they didn't have the info, so they couldn't help me.

It comes from Mazda Credit. Even though this is the 2015 discussion, a lot of the requests are for 2016 numbers, so don't mix them up. (or, maybe your dealer is quoting longer terms?)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

kyfdx said:

GT: .00004 MF and 60%/59% residual
    Touring: Add 2% to residual.

$100 lease cash.

Just want to confirm that the MF is .00004 and not .0004.  Thanks!

Yes.... four zeroes after the decimal point.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    idocwaltidocwalt Member Posts: 6
    Hi all, the advice here is great. Went shopping yesterday, Mazda 112, Medford, Long Island, NY. Agreed to a 36mo/12k lease on Mazda 6 Touring with moonroof/Bose audio package, $0.00 cap cost reduction, $239/mo. rolled taxes and bank fee into monthly, brought it to $279. Residual was 61%. $100 lease cash, $500 Chase loyalty discount (I bank with Chase).
    Came to $100 below invoice. Will pickup the car Wednesday.
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Nice job idoc
  • Options
    idocwalt said:

Hi all, the advice here is great. Went shopping yesterday, Mazda 112, Medford, Long Island, NY. Agreed to a 36mo/12k lease on Mazda 6 Touring with moonroof/Bose audio package, $0.00 cap cost reduction, $239/mo. rolled taxes and bank fee into monthly, brought it to $279. Residual was 61%. $100 lease cash, $500 Chase loyalty discount (I bank with Chase).
    Came to $100 below invoice. Will pickup the car Wednesday.

Congrats on the new Mazda - I saw a 6 Touring at a dealer a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Stick shift, too!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    johnnyb311johnnyb311 Member Posts: 47
    First off, thank you for all the great info!

I am looking to lease a 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring (NO tech package) in Northern NJ for 36 months/12,000 miles.

I came to an MSRP of $31,365 and which I should be able to negotiate it down to $29,320 (which includes a $500 Mazda loyalty rebate). I will be trading in my 2004 Mazda6 Sport wagon with 154K miles and figured I could get a trade-in value of about $2,700. I want to spend $0 OOP.

With a MF of .00004 and residual of 59% (got these #'s from a previous post in this forum), I calculate a good deal to be between $245-$265/month. Does this seem feasible?

Thank you for your feedback!
  • Options

First off, thank you for all the great info!

I am looking to lease a 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring (NO tech package) in Northern NJ for 36 months/12,000 miles.

I came to an MSRP of $31,365 and which I should be able to negotiate it down to $29,320 (which includes a $500 Mazda loyalty rebate). I will be trading in my 2004 Mazda6 Sport wagon with 154K miles and figured I could get a trade-in value of about $2,700. I want to spend $0 OOP.

With a MF of .00004 and residual of 59% (got these #'s from a previous post in this forum), I calculate a good deal to be between $245-$265/month. Does this seem feasible?

Thank you for your feedback!

I get $302/mo with $0 down. Use the trade equity to cover your initial costs (first payment, bank fee, dealer fee, taxes. etc.) and get a check from the dealer for the balance. Putting money down on a lease is not recommended. If the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    johnnyb311johnnyb311 Member Posts: 47
    Michaell, that's a great idea! I didn't even think to get a separate check for the trade equity. Thanks for the advice, I will keep you updated.
  • Options
    Follow up to my June 15 post. HAD a great deal on Sunday, went to pick up on Wednesday evening. Told by a different manager "that was based on tier 1 credit, your payment is no longer $279, but $369", an increase of $90!! One third more! 'Let's see if our insurance guy can lower your insurance rates" to make the increase more palatable. Argued, got them to $356. Let's see the lease: Cap cost before deductions is now over 28.000, net cap cost is $27,140. I'm told that is invoice. I KNOW that number is exactly MSRP. Where are Sunday's figures, I ask. "The finance guy has already left, sign the lease and call him tomorrow, we can rip it up if you don't agree". NO WAY, NY law says a lease is binding as soon as you sign, no cooling off period. I walked. I won't go into detail on the numerous lies I was being told. Mgr from Sunday calls, apologizes, brings payment to $336. I can't abide the dishonesty. I should have checked DealerRater.com first, 112 Mazda has 4 one star reviews!! STAY AWAY!!
    Went to Huntington Mazda, completely easy/transparent process. Got a deal on a Mazda 6 touring, moonroof/Bose, in the color I wanted (Deep Crystal Blue/Blk interior) to be delivered from port this week, rather than take what is in stock, monthly $265.85 before rolling in taxes/fees, and my less than perfect credit which gave me 0.0012 MF, or 2.88%. Still way ahead of the first bad deal! If you are in Nassau or Suffolk counties, this is the place to go, IMHO.
  • Options
    idocwalt said:

Follow up to my June 15 post. HAD a great deal on Sunday, went to pick up on Wednesday evening. Told by a different manager "that was based on tier 1 credit, your payment is no longer $279, but $369", an increase of $90!! One third more! 'Let's see if our insurance guy can lower your insurance rates" to make the increase more palatable. Argued, got them to $356. Let's see the lease: Cap cost before deductions is now over 28.000, net cap cost is $27,140. I'm told that is invoice. I KNOW that number is exactly MSRP. Where are Sunday's figures, I ask. "The finance guy has already left, sign the lease and call him tomorrow, we can rip it up if you don't agree". NO WAY, NY law says a lease is binding as soon as you sign, no cooling off period. I walked. I won't go into detail on the numerous lies I was being told. Mgr from Sunday calls, apologizes, brings payment to $336. I can't abide the dishonesty. I should have checked DealerRater.com first, 112 Mazda has 4 one star reviews!! STAY AWAY!!
    Went to Huntington Mazda, completely easy/transparent process. Got a deal on a Mazda 6 touring, moonroof/Bose, in the color I wanted (Deep Crystal Blue/Blk interior) to be delivered from port this week, rather than take what is in stock, monthly $265.85 before rolling in taxes/fees, and my less than perfect credit which gave me 0.0012 MF, or 2.88%. Still way ahead of the first bad deal! If you are in Nassau or Suffolk counties, this is the place to go, IMHO.

Thanks for checking back with us. Congrats on your deal - and good on you for sticking to your numbers and not being pressured to sign something you weren't comfortable with.

Lesson to be learned there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    idocwalt said:

So am I to assume that if I got the exact same car and exact same numbers except the money rate, and my credit rating was 750+, my payment before taxes and fees would be well below 265? I'm wondering how much below in ohio.

Also does the touring come with the blind spot lights.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Touring comes with blind spot monitoring.

• Options
    roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    Need numbers please. In the central Plains. 2016 Mazda 6 GT w/ tech. 36mths / 10,000 miles. I'm guessing they're very close to .00004 mf and 60% rv?
  • Options
    roubaud said:

Need numbers please. In the central Plains. 2016 Mazda 6 GT w/ tech. 36mths / 10,000 miles. I'm guessing they're very close to .00004 mf and 60% rv?

.00004 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Here's my quote for a 2016 IGT w/ tech:

$342 / mth (includes tax) for 36/10 sign and drive
    MSRP $33,195
    Sell $30,832
    Net Cap $31,327

Thoughts? Other dealers are anywhere from $370 to $500. Crazy spread.
  • Options
    roubaud said:

MSRP $33,195
    Sell $30,832
    Net Cap $31,327

I get $319 + tax with your numbers (.00004 MF and 60% residual). $342 sounds about right.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Excellent, that's how I felt, too.
    Michaell said:

roubaud said:

MSRP $33,195
    Sell $30,832
    Net Cap $31,327

I get $319 + tax with your numbers (.00004 MF and 60% residual). $342 sounds about right.
  • Options
    ral2167 said:

idocwalt said:

So am I to assume that if I got the exact same car and exact same numbers except the money rate, and my credit rating was 750+, my payment before taxes and fees would be well below 265? I'm wondering how much below in ohio.

Also does the touring come with the blind spot lights.
    Comes with blindspot monitors, and yes, I'm told tier 1 MF is.00004 so I think you're about right before taxes and fees.
  • Options
    jtem210508jtem210508 Member Posts: 24
    Can I get the MF and RV for 2016 Touring 36/10k in Indiana? Thanks!
  • Options

Can I get the MF and RV for 2016 Touring 36/10k in Indiana? Thanks!

62% and .00004. $100 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    amascamasc Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2015
    Hi can I get the numbers on:

2016 Mazda 6 i Touring 36/10k (4dr sedan automatic)

Any incentives?
  • Options
    amasc said:

Hi can I get the numbers on:

2016 Mazda 6 i Touring 36/10k (4dr sedan automatic)

Any incentives?

.00004 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bradl1bradl1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello, great forum, really appreciate all the info. Could I please get the MF and residual for a i touring 36/12 in Florida.

Thanks
  • Options
    bradl1 said:

Hello, great forum, really appreciate all the info. Could I please get the MF and residual for a i touring 36/12 in Florida.

Thanks

2016: .00004 MF and 59% residual. (assuming automatic). $100 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    eugenexyueugenexyu Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    Hi @kyfdx,

Can you please look up the residual and money factor on the 2016 touring automatic for 36 months / 10K in Wheeling, IL 60090? I'm guessing it's close to everyone else's, but just want to make sure.

TIA.
  • Options
    eugenexyu said:

Hi @kyfdx,

Can you please look up the residual and money factor on the 2016 touring automatic for 36 months / 10K in Wheeling, IL 60090? I'm guessing it's close to everyone else's, but just want to make sure.

TIA.

.00004 MF and 62% residual. $100 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jtufnelljtufnell Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 2016 Mazda 6 Touring. 36 months/36K miles. I am in Texas where we have to pay tax on the entire car. I don't want any out of pocket costs. I have excellent credit (800+ FICO). I was quoted a monthly payment of $299. Is this good? Can I do better? I am so lost reading this forum and have zero experience in leasing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    jtufnell said:

I am looking to lease a 2016 Mazda 6 Touring. 36 months/36K miles. I am in Texas where we have to pay tax on the entire car. I don't want any out of pocket costs. I have excellent credit (800+ FICO). I was quoted a monthly payment of $299. Is this good? Can I do better? I am so lost reading this forum and have zero experience in leasing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What is the MSRP and negotiated selling price? We need to know them in order to model a payment.

36/12 lease numbers on the Touring automatic are 61% and .00004.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator