What Car is Right For Me? Help Me Choose!

1787980818284»

Comments

• RayeElizaRayeEliza Member Posts: 6
    mlevine said:

I would lean toward subaru. Need to see which model you are comfortable in. Mazda SUVs and honda SUVs also not a bad choice.

I have not experienced driving a Subaru. How are they usually when it comes to driving and mileage?
  • RayeElizaRayeEliza Member Posts: 6
    mcdawgg said:

RayeEliza said:

I am doing major research in trying to find my new car, which I am more leaning towards an SUV. Since I recently moved to Washington state and having to deal with snow, I will need a car that I can drive in snow without issues. I am also looking for somewhat good mileage and really good cargo space. I have only three cars I'm looking for that I am interested in which are the Subaru Outback, Toyota RAV4 hybrid, and the Subaru Forester. Which of these would you all recommend or if there are any others that sound just as good. The optimal price range is below $35,000.

Toyota, especially for the long-term reliability.
    I can vouch for Toyota being reliable because a family member owns a Prius for 12 years and still runs well.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 9,544
    You'll want to drive them. The Subarus have CVTs, some folks don't like how they drive.
  • dgrockdgrock Member Posts: 2
    Need advice on a late model car/mid-size SUV. Looking to spend no more than 35k. Likes: AWD, responsive, comfortable, smooth ride, well-appointed interior with tech. Something with space for a road trip. Nothing too small....I like the Audi A4 Allroad but they are pricey.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,112
    dgrock said:

Need advice on a late model car/mid-size SUV. Looking to spend no more than 35k. Likes: AWD, responsive, comfortable, smooth ride, well-appointed interior with tech. Something with space for a road trip. Nothing too small....I like the Audi A4 Allroad but they are pricey.

CPO XC60 or V60CC. Can get one well under budget.

‘21 Camaro LT1, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 54-car history and counting!

• ncsprngstnncsprngstn Member Posts: 27
    Odd comparison here, but I am choosing between the CUV route (Mazda CX5 Grand Touring) and mid-size sedan route (Kia K5 GT Line AWD). The Kia looks great, while the Mazda is a bit frumpy looking in comparison, but Mazda is more powerful and has some high end features. Which would you choose and why?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 183,576

Odd comparison here, but I am choosing between the CUV route (Mazda CX5 Grand Touring) and mid-size sedan route (Kia K5 GT Line AWD). The Kia looks great, while the Mazda is a bit frumpy looking in comparison, but Mazda is more powerful and has some high end features. Which would you choose and why?

Members have posted pictures of the K5's they've bought or leased, and it is a sharp looking vehicle.

But, I get the popularity of CUV's, especially for older folks.

Horses for courses.

Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• 60Bees60Bees Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, I'd love to get some advice - I'm looking for a subcompact SUV with 5 star safety, good gas mileage (I'd love AWD because I'm taking it up north, but I'd rather have good MPG if I had to pick between the two) enough storage space (I'm a musician and travel with guitars) AND good acceleration. I love the Subaru Forester and am interested in the Crosstrek, but the ones I'm finding are consistently a little out of my price range - does anyone have any recommendations for an alternate? Something still cost effective, and not too big?

(I was thinking something like the Chevy Trax, but I keep seeing it has lackluster acceleration. I've tried the Mazda CX5 and it had nowhere near enough pickup for me - I had my foot on the floor on the highway! I also tried and loved the FIAT500x, but wasn't sure about it since it's not NHTSA rated - just to give you an idea of other cars I've tried out)

Thank you in advance for your help - this will be the first car I've ever financed and I really want to make sure I get something I'll be happy with!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 187,870
    60Bees said:

Hi all, I'd love to get some advice - I'm looking for a subcompact SUV with 5 star safety, good gas mileage (I'd love AWD because I'm taking it up north, but I'd rather have good MPG if I had to pick between the two) enough storage space (I'm a musician and travel with guitars) AND good acceleration. I love the Subaru Forester and am interested in the Crosstrek, but the ones I'm finding are consistently a little out of my price range - does anyone have any recommendations for an alternate? Something still cost effective, and not too big?

(I was thinking something like the Chevy Trax, but I keep seeing it has lackluster acceleration. I've tried the Mazda CX5 and it had nowhere near enough pickup for me - I had my foot on the floor on the highway! I also tried and loved the FIAT500x, but wasn't sure about it since it's not NHTSA rated - just to give you an idea of other cars I've tried out)

Thank you in advance for your help - this will be the first car I've ever financed and I really want to make sure I get something I'll be happy with!

An Impreza hatchback is basically the same vehicle as a Crosstrek, for less money.

Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLMember Posts: 5,728
    Give the new Mazda CX-30 with the turbo engine a look. It sits up a few inches higher and with the 2.5 turbo under the hood, you should be good to go. It's a new engine for the 2021 model year. I like them and drove one at work. I liked it...a lot. It does have that wonkey audio system though with the dial for the volume and the radio and media in the center console like our Audi A3 but hear it's easy once one gets used to using it. I prefer the easier set up for the audio system in my VW Golf but could live with the set up in the Mazda and Audi once I learned it.
    Give it a look see...think you might find it fits the bill nicely.

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)