Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 Dodge Charger Lease Questions

Comments

• gpapz125 said:

I've got employee pricing and can't come anywhere near that.. The cars I'm looking at are sticked around $44-46 though.

Residual for Scat is about 70% most of the time. $5k is big difference. Your payments should be about $496/month assuming taxes and fees paid up front. And thats not calculating employee pricing. How much is employee pricing discount?
    "3-5% below invoice" Seems to be close to 4% on these cars. I did expect to be in the low-mid 400 range, given EP, 2k up front, NO tax, etc. I'm now basically being ignored by the dealer I was working with. On to the next I think.

Info here has been helpful, none of them seem to want to explain to me why I'm over 550/mo when I should be below 500/mo and disappear or even "lose internet connection for the day" when I ask and don't even get a text back. Amazing coincidence!

One car in Joliet I would just go in and fire away at them to pick it up, but it's still in transit so I don't want to waste a 2 hour trip to not have the car on the lot.
  • gpapz125gpapz125 Posts: 34

gpapz125 said:

I've got employee pricing and can't come anywhere near that.. The cars I'm looking at are sticked around $44-46 though.

Residual for Scat is about 70% most of the time. $5k is big difference. Your payments should be about $496/month assuming taxes and fees paid up front. And thats not calculating employee pricing. How much is employee pricing discount?
    "3-5% below invoice" Seems to be close to 4% on these cars. I did expect to be in the low-mid 400 range, given EP, 2k up front, NO tax, etc. I'm now basically being ignored by the dealer I was working with. On to the next I think.

Info here has been helpful, none of them seem to want to explain to me why I'm over 550/mo when I should be below 500/mo and disappear or even "lose internet connection for the day" when I ask and don't even get a text back. Amazing coincidence!

One car in Joliet I would just go in and fire away at them to pick it up, but it's still in transit so I don't want to waste a 2 hour trip to not have the car on the lot.
    I would not go to a dealership that isn't honest with you. Go on this site http://www.dealerrater.com

Search for the best employees. The guy I dealt with was honest and straight to the point. I went in person which makes a difference.
  • gpapz125 said:

gpapz125 said:

I would not go to a dealership that isn't honest with you. Go on this site http://www.dealerrater.com

Search for the best employees. The guy I dealt with was honest and straight to the point. I went in person which makes a difference.
    If the vehicle wasn't listed as "in transit" I would go down tomorrow afternoon, but it's on a truck somewhere and the guy also failed to give me an ETA but did let me know there are SPs on his lot that aren't equipped how I want nor the correct paint color I'm looking for and suggested I come in. No thanks buddy, I'm not making the two hour trip twice.

Called in for a different salesman.. Let's hope this guy is better when he shows up on my caller ID.

gpapz125 said:

gpapz125 said:

If the vehicle wasn't listed as "in transit" I would go down tomorrow afternoon, but it's on a truck somewhere and the guy also failed to give me an ETA but did let me know there are SPs on his lot that aren't equipped how I want nor the correct paint color I'm looking for and suggested I come in. No thanks buddy, I'm not making the two hour trip twice.

Called in for a different salesman.. Let's hope this guy is better when he shows up on my caller ID.
    You can always order a one. Payments will come out around the same. Only time they give better deals is when they're trying to get rid of cars, but that doesn't happen with RTs and Scats.
  • rojoryurojoryu Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    I was quoted $41,975 with 65% residual for a 2016 Charger Scat Pack.  MF is .000026.  They told me a 36 month 15k miles a year lease would come to $597 a month.  The math seems way off, what am I missing here.  Thanks in advance!  
    rojoryu said:
    I was quoted $41,975 with 65% residual for a 2016 Charger Scat Pack.  MF is .000026.  They told me a 36 month 15k miles a year lease would come to $597 a month.  The math seems way off, what am I missing here.  Thanks in advance!  
    That's too much. Even with tax rolled in payments will be in low $500s. Tell them to physically show you all the numbers. The guy I dealt with was nice enough to even print out the sheet with all the numbers, which he really isn't supposed to do. Very straight forward. Don't go to that sales person again if you prove that they're over charging imo. 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,156
    rojoryu said:
     What is the MSRP? What is the adjusted Capitalized cost? What state and tax rate is this?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rojoryurojoryu Posts: 2
    Michaell said:
    rojoryu said:
     What is the MSRP? What is the adjusted Capitalized cost? What state and tax rate is this?
    MSRP is $44,475, Cap cost is $39,975.  It's in NC I'm pretty sure tax rates on leases are 3% here.  
    rojoryu said:

Michaell said:

rojoryu said:

MSRP is $44,475, Cap cost is $39,975.  It's in NC I'm pretty sure tax rates on leases are 3% here.  

I think the MF is wrong.. Standard MF for the scatpack and it's probably inflated to .00260. 36/15 residual is 64%.

Even still, with those numbers and your prices I get $513/mo after tax.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• 36/12 residual is 65% and 36/15 residual is 64% .. What's the payment difference between the two using any base figure you'd like?

Am I the only person that'd be willing to take that additional residual hit to potentially save myself money at lease end with overage fees? I feel comfortable with 12K but you never know ..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,799

36/12 residual is 65% and 36/15 residual is 64% .. What's the payment difference between the two using any base figure you'd like?

Am I the only person that'd be willing to take that additional residual hit to potentially save myself money at lease end with overage fees? I feel comfortable with 12K but you never know ..

The difference between 36/12K/yr and 36/15K/yr is 2%, not 1%.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mlevinemlevine Posts: 397
    Dodge Charger 2014,
    Not sure if this is right forum, but interested in feedback from others. Had a discussion Saturday night about how long to keep a charger. Consensus was the most 3 to 4 years as there was concerns how well the car would hold up.
    Does residual change each month? Just wondering which month would have highest residual if that's possible to determine. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,799
    gpapz125 said:

Does residual change each month? Just wondering which month would have highest residual if that's possible to determine. 

Programs are updated monthly, but the residual doesn't always change.

Residuals are usually highest at the beginning of the model year, but so are money factors, and discounts are usually smaller, then.

It takes all of the factors to generate a lease payment. A high residual is only better, if every other factor is equal.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Programs are updated monthly, but the residual doesn't always change. Residuals are usually highest at the beginning of the model year, but so are money factors, and discounts are usually smaller, then. It takes all of the factors to generate a lease payment. A high residual is only better, if every other factor is equal.
    Interesting. Are there any ever incentives for the scatpack? The charger has about $3500 worth of rebates when I went in to get numbers. Scatpack only had a $500 rebate. Any word?
    gpapz125 said:

kyfdx said:

gpapz125 said:

Programs are updated monthly, but the residual doesn't always change.

Residuals are usually highest at the beginning of the model year, but so are money factors, and discounts are usually smaller, then.

It takes all of the factors to generate a lease payment. A high residual is only better, if every other factor is equal.

Interesting. Are there any ever incentives for the scatpack? The charger has about $3500 worth of rebates when I went in to get numbers. Scatpack only had a $500 rebate. Any word?

No information on Dodge incentives.

• eazycasheazycash Posts: 2
    Can you provide money factor and residual for 2015 and 2016 Charger R/T and scat pack 12k 36/48? current incentives? thanks and sorry asking for so much info want to make sure I pick the right lease :)
    eazycash said:

Can you provide money factor and residual for 2015 and 2016 Charger R/T and scat pack 12k 36/48? current incentives? thanks and sorry asking for so much info want to make sure I pick the right lease :)

R/T - .00042 and 60% for 36/12. Standard MF and 52% for 48/12
    Scat Pack - Standard MF and 66% / 58%

R/T - .00011 and 59% for 36/12. Standard MF and 47% for 48/12
    Scat Pack - Standard MF and 60% / 53%

Standard MF is around .00200

• eazycasheazycash Posts: 2
    Have the numbers changed at all for may? going into the dealer today and want to be ready! NYC

2016 scat pack? 36/48 residual 10 and 12k? and money factor?
    eazycash said:

Have the numbers changed at all for may? going into the dealer today and want to be ready! NYC

Standard MF (around .00200) and 64% for 36/12, 54% for 48/12. Add 1% for 10K

• benji123benji123 Posts: 89
    Michaell said:

eazycash said:

Hi,

Can you please provide updated numbers for Charger R/T Road & Track in Southern California. 10K miles, 24 months and 36 months. Thanks!

benji123 said:

Michaell said:

eazycash said:

Hi,

Can you please provide updated numbers for Charger R/T Road & Track in Southern California. 10K miles, 24 months and 36 months. Thanks!

24/10 - .00009 and 64%

36/10 - .00042 and 61%

• stclarkstclark Posts: 2
    Hi,

Interested in the latest numbers for Charger R/T Road & Track in Western Pennsylvania. 12k & 15k miles for 36 months. Thanks much!
    stclark said:

Hi,

Interested in the latest numbers for Charger R/T Road & Track in Western Pennsylvania. 12k & 15k miles for 36 months. Thanks much!

36/15 - .00042 and 58%. Add 2% for 12K.

• eldanorexeldanorex Posts: 18
    MF/Residual for a 2016 Charger R/T in CA for 36/15K
    eldanorex said:

MF/Residual for a 2016 Charger R/T in CA for 36/15K

.00042 and 58%

MF/Residual for 2016 Charger RT for 36/10 and 39/10 in NY. Is there a 36/12 or 39/12?
    gpapz125 said:

MF/Residual for 2016 Charger RT for 36/10 and 39/10 in NY. Is there a 36/12 or 39/12?

36/10 - .00042 and 61%

Subtract 4% for 39 months

Subtract 1% for 12K

• jbryyy10jbryyy10 Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Looking for some feedback, and it seems everyone on here is knowledgable and helpful. This is going to be pretty loaded, but hang with me. I am located in Michigan.

Currently have a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn. CCAP deal buy-out as of today is $31,286.45. Most recent appraisal was outrageous at approx. $22,000.

KBB: Kelly Blue Book Link

Hoping I can get in that 25k range for trade in. I am VERY close to my mileage on my current lease, with a ton of time left on it. Which is the reason for the outrageous negative equity and trying to get out of this truck.

Looking to get in to a 2016 Scat Pack. 12-15k Miles. I receive Employee discount. Looking at around the $43-45k MSRP with the options.

Trying to get a ballpark as to what my payments would be IF I had to roll approx. $6,000 in to it. Obviously I am aware the best option would be to pay the $6k myself, but that's not an option at this time. Just seeking an estimate since this is more complicated than the normal cut-and-dry situations.

Thanks in advance!
    jbryyy10 said:

Looking for some feedback, and it seems everyone on here is knowledgable and helpful. This is going to be pretty loaded, but hang with me. I am located in Michigan.

Currently have a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn. CCAP deal buy-out as of today is $31,286.45. Most recent appraisal was outrageous at approx. $22,000.

KBB: Kelly Blue Book Link

Hoping I can get in that 25k range for trade in. I am VERY close to my mileage on my current lease, with a ton of time left on it. Which is the reason for the outrageous negative equity and trying to get out of this truck.

Looking to get in to a 2016 Scat Pack. 12-15k Miles. I receive Employee discount. Looking at around the $43-45k MSRP with the options.

Trying to get a ballpark as to what my payments would be IF I had to roll approx. $6,000 in to it. Obviously I am aware the best option would be to pay the $6k myself, but that's not an option at this time. Just seeking an estimate since this is more complicated than the normal cut-and-dry situations.

Thanks in advance!

Let's take the equity situation first ... for a 36 month lease, the $6000 in negative equity will $167/mo to the lease payment, before tax.

The Charger Scat Pack is not inexpensive to lease - standard MF (around .00200) and 62% residual for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year.

What I need to complete the picture is an idea of what the transaction price would be ... do these get discounted much?

Hypothetically, if you could get the $44K MSRP down to $41K, and you paid all the up front costs out of pocket, the lease payment is $518/mo.

Add the $167/mo for the negative equity, and you get $685/mo - before tax.

A whole lotta money for a $44K sedan.