Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dxcoquidxcoqui Posts: 25
    I am guessing they are sticking it to you with the money factor. Do you know what is it?? Your payment should be close to $607 including tax and about $571 with taxes up front. This numbers are with CarMan MF of .00211 which is about 5.06% interest.
  • tiger93tiger93 Posts: 57
    I am guessing they are sticking it to you with the money factor. Do you know what is it?? Your payment should be close to $607 including tax and about $571 with taxes up front. This numbers are with CarMan MF of .00211 which is about 5.06% interest.

Yeah, I agree.....I'm betting that's exactly what they're doing. Get the MF and Residual from the salesperson you're working with. Looks like the dealer is taking your rightfully obtained discount from Nissan/Infiniti and putting it in his own pocket. Definately go for full disclosure from him so you can tell if/where he's milking the deal.
  • jginatljginatl Posts: 5
    I'm in Atlanta and just test drove the same vehicle yesterday. For 39 mos./15K miles, the residual on the M35 luxury is 62%. My MF quote was .00225.
    No problem bp714. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti M35X through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease money factor and residual value should be .00211 and 61%, respectively. As you can see, the July program for this car is fairly similar to the June program. The only difference is that its residual value dropped a point this month, which generally tends to happen as the model year progresses. If you can still use the June program, it is to your advantage to do so. It is difficult to say what Infiniti's August lease program for this car will be like, but I suspect that it will be fairly similar to the July program.

This quote is from Car_man in the leasing topic board a couple of days ago and it's for a M35X, but it's in the ballpark of your quote in Atlanta even though it's for the AWD version.
  • longhorn4longhorn4 Posts: 9
    Like jginatl, I now have a MF of .00225 (this after negotiating somewhat). Not bad, I guess, but not base either.

Thanks for all of the comments. They were very helpful.
  • mabenmaben Posts: 9
    Here's the deal: went comparison shopping to an Infiniti dealer out in Chantilly, VA (I live near DC) and saw a base M35 that I liked. Price was $40,790. Didn't like the exterior color plus there are lots of other dealers nearby so I said I wanted to lease it for 3 years at 12K miles, with 0 down. At first, they said they could get the car I wanted in black, but they would have to ship (total BS btw, I can check dealer inventories by the web and I know EVERYTHING they have) it for an additional $1300. Long story short, they said I could have the other base M for the color I wanted for $594.00 a month. I had told them that $550 a month was all I was going to spend. They said they would let me have the one on the lot I didn't want for $549.50 a month. What do y'all think? My wife thinks I'm nuts but I know I can find the right color combination one for the same price elsewhere. Am I being stubborn?
  • davidc1davidc1 Posts: 168
    I say walk. Don't sound like such a great deal to me.
    For me, getting the color car I like (black) is VERY important. A zero cap cost lease payment of $550 is definately a solid offer on this car right now and since they have it on the table for the less desireable car, they should do it for the black car. At the same time, I do recognize the fact that the dealer would incur some additional costs in going to get the black one....I might tell him I'll take the black one for $550/month and I'll pay him $150 for his costs to go get it, otherwise I'm out the door to shop his competition. I might also wait to reply until next Thursday or Friday to catch them at the very end of the month. ;)
  • 702702 Posts: 5
    I am going to attempt to purchase a new M 45 sport this week, I am thinking of only paying $1200 over invoice. I currently reside in Nevada, only one Infiniti dealer here and they are pretty tight. I would like to get some feedback regarding any deals that members have gotten, that would be close to my figure. I then could show this dealership that my offer would not be outrageous.

Thanks
    A lot of the posts in this topic seem to be from people who bought the M35 but there is evidence that, at least on that model, it can be had for $1,200 - $2,000 above invoice. I would think M35 purchase prices would somewhat mirror M45 prices unless there's a significant difference in supply/demand between the two cars.

Perhaps you've already read the old posts and have seen these, but if not....see posts #28, #30, #32, #39, #54, #65, #69, #73
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Posts: 231
    I didn't get the M35..I was shopping for one but went with the Audi A6 instead.. But there was this young fellow at the Infiniti dealership in Palm Beach...the dealership I think is called Schumacher...but whatever you do, don't go to the Broward Infiniti...they quoted me $75 more a month for the same car as the dealership in Palm Beach...I even knew the mangager at this Broward dealer from previous leases my family did with him when he was with Lexus. They claim in Broward to be the Worlds Largest Infiniti dealer but apparently they only charge very high prices.
  • hihomikehihomike Posts: 111
    There is a shorter supply of M45's out there. I work for an Infiniti Dealership in Southeast Florida, and we have 15 M35's in stock, but only 3 M45's, with only 5 coming in between now and the end of next month. We have always been able to keep a nice inventory of M35's and M45's, however we have been selling them faster than we can get them in. We have the shortest supply of M45's now since they were first introduced in early spring.

We usually will negotiate on an M35, but rarely on an M45 due to the shortage of supply.
    We usually will negotiate on an M35, but rarely on an M45 due to the shortage of supply.

I'm glad I'm considering the M35 instead of the M45! ;)
  • empty1empty1 Posts: 109
    hihomike: just curious what kind of deals you are negotiating on m35's. Curious to know what premium is being charged over dealer inovice. Also do you see better deals coming in August in Sept. thanks much.
  • hihomikehihomike Posts: 111
    empty1, it all depends whether we have the vehicle a customer wants in stock or if we have to dealer trade. We have to pay shipping for dealer trades. $2000 over is hard to negotiate on an M35, but I've seen a few in that range. Remember, pricing is dependent on availability of specific vehicle you are looking for. If you are flexible with color a some equipment, you are in a better negotiating position. If you are not, and the car has to be ordered or dealer traded, you are in a less preferred negotiating position.

Our inventory on M35's and M45's is now at it's lowest level since they were first introduced. Thus, great deals will be harder to find. When inventories build in the fall, I suspect deals will be more advantageous to the buyer.

Good luck in your search.
  • armen6armen6 Posts: 17
    Did anyone else see the Infiniti TV ad recently that amounts to a limited time summer sales drive on "select" models? Are the M's really selling as well as dealers claim they are? I will not buy one until the prices dip. I am in NJ and tried to deal with Salerno Duane but their Internet sales area is unwilliing to make me a good offer (at around $1000 over invoice) for tech/journey package. They can wait, and I can go to three other dealers in NNJ. My '00 Max is still going strong and I can drive it into the ground before replacing. The salesmen hate it when I tell 'em that.
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Posts: 123
    I paid $48K, or about $1500 over invoice, on an M45 Sport with NO other packages, did have mats, etc...

My lease payment is $642 incl 7.1% tax, with $3200 down, 3yr/36K.

I did have a trade in FX35 worth almost exactly my payoff, but it was in great shape and the dealer is keeping it to sell as certified, so they will make some money from that as well.

The first dealer I went to claimed to have trouble finding M45 Sports and certainly was in no mood to "deal" so I went to another.
    DEFINITELY WALK!!! Don't know if you are able to take advantage of Nissan/Infiniti's VPP program (www.insidenissan.com/vpp/vendor/steps.html), but I used it on an M last week and yesterday. Was offered an M35 w/ Journey and Sirius for $552 a month and $1K down at Infiniti of Gwinnett (obsidian/wheat) just last Friday. As good a deal as it was, their salesperson and financing guy pissed me off, so I walked. Went instead to Nalley Infiniti just yesterday evening and used VPP again to finally get a crimson roulette/wheat interior M35 w/ Nav., Journey, DVD (for the kid) and Sirius (being added on as I type this) for $2K down and $555.00 (incl. tax)!! I'll pay an extra $1K down and 3 bucks a month for Nav and DVD--no problem!!

Good luck in VA, and don't be afraid to tell them that you'll drive to go get your car rather than pay to have them get it. Infiniti of Gwinnett didn't have the exact car I wanted, but they were willing to go get it from TN at no extra cost. Negotiating via email to weed out the pretenders is the way to go!!
    Saw that, too, Monday night. If you go to infiniti.com, there's more info and a breakdown of the offers on select models (to be read as, "everything but the M"). Happy hunting. :shades:
  • bowman1bowman1 Posts: 1
    M35 Sport - Diamond Graphite
    Tech, Journey, Spoiler, Mats, etc

Paid $0 down
    $678/mo for 39 mos. 15k/yr

Pretty happy about it.
  • stixpixxstixpixx Posts: 17
    Rstennett,

I did my homework on the car I wanted. M35 Journey/Tech/Splash Guards/Full Size Spare/Trunk Mats. I waited till the last day of the month. They had the car there. It retailed for $49910. It was about 6pm. The sales manager gave me an offer. I told him what I was going to pay. I told him I was ready to sign. Gave him my offer of $47200. He accepted. It took all of two minutes to make the deal happen. I had been there twice before to test drive the cars. I think waiting till the last day of the month, late in the day really helped motivate him to make the deal. Good luck.
    Curious what part of the country you are in? Congrats on the car!
  • sangonesangone Posts: 15
    I just want you guys to know that there are definitely deals to be had and it doesn't have to be at the end of the month.

Today I will wrap up the transaction and pick up my car.

M45 Sport Black/Graphite w/ Tech & Journey Packages, Splash Guard, and Trunk Mat
    MSRP: $56,460
    Sale price: $52,700 ($1150 over invoice) :)

I'm in Southern California where there are many Infiniti dealerships but this didn't require hardly any negotiation - all done over the phone. I dealt w/ the Fleet/Internet manager and it was fast and painless - no games on either side. While I could have gotten him to come down on the price a bit more, I felt the deal was fair on both sides.
  • jeff721jeff721 Posts: 80
    I am considering doing VPP on a new M35 Sport, Journey, Sirius and need some help. These are the details of the offer I've gotten:

MSRP: $45,290 (+ sat. radio installed at dealer)
    VPP Price: $42,673 + tax (6.25%)
    TTL + other fees: $709.55

For 39 mos/15K--nothing down except 1st month's payment: $714/mo
    For 42 mos/15K--nothing down except 1st month's payment: $704/mo

This just seems high compared to what I've seen on this board. Any thoughts? Am I missing something? Another poster got a monthly payment of $607/mo on a car with a selling price of $47,210 with only $1,637 down. That's more than a $100/mo less on a car that's priced $5K more than the one I'm considering.

Seems hi to me, I have a m35X, Journey, Splash gusrds, Nav. I put 1200 down which was first pmt and an equalizer to bring the PMT under 600/month. Paying 598.00/month. 15K/Yr and 39MOnths. Only problem I have is I can't stay out of the car. 2 months and 3500 MIles!

Great car.
  • ptkimptkim Posts: 14
    congratulations, sounds like a really good price. Which dealer did you end up going to? South bay Infiniti in Torrance?
    Thanks. My goal was to share with others the opportunity to save some money.

No, it was Glendale Infiniti. The guy was very easy to work with and absolutely no pressure. Also had very similar experience with Infiniti Thousand Oaks. Classy guys there - at least the ones I spoke with.
  • brianfoxbrianfox Posts: 25
    Today I requested a quote for an M45 with Premium package, trunk mats, and splash guards:
    MSRP=58,260
    Invoice=51,621

Miller Infiniti in So. Cal, came back with 53,950 (about 2,300 over invoice).

What is strange is that Edmunds and Kelly both say to not expect much less than MSRP due to the 'hot-ness' of the car.

BTW: I avoid Thousand Oaks Infiniti like the plague. They used to be part of the Miller group, but since they changed ownership they have been treating loyal customers (particularly me) like garbage. I now drive all the way to Oxnard or Van Nuys even though TO is only a few miles away. Miller has treated me like royalty since my first G20 in '95. Can't recommend them highly enough. The sales people are always a pain in the rear, but once you drive that car off the lot, the service people treat you right.
    I bought my 2003 G35 Coupe from Miller Infiniti and was treated very well. I also took the car there for servicing and have worked with a great service rep there. I may continue to get the car serviced there even though I live in Valencia.

While I won't give names, you can call Glendale Infiniti and ask for Fleet/Internet person. If my purchase experience of the M45 is any indication, he will do much better than $2300 over invoice. I do think you should do your homework and know your numbers before going in - it only helps you establish credibility and reduce any chance of "creative" selling tactics.
  • brianfoxbrianfox Posts: 25
    Boy, I goofed in my original post.

I was quoted $53953, but the dealer invoice was actually $52953. So, my quote was only $1000 over invoice.

Not so bad after all, I guess.

I'm still going to talk to Glendale, but I doubt they would want to beat that.
  • rats13rats13 Posts: 42
    Are you using the Edmunds.com invoice pricing? Because when I go to Kbb.com invoice comes up n/a.

thanks
This discussion has been closed.