Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• cinccinc Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Bought 2017 Honda Accord LX in Cincinnati today for 19,500 plus ohio doc fee of $250, plus tax/title. Financed the whole thing at 0.9% honda financing. Very grateful for this forum at Edmunds, which gave me the info to negotiate. I used the rule of aiming for at least 15% off of MSRP. (MSRP being the MSRP without the destination fee. Dealers like to say MSRP is the number with destination fee, so they add $800 to your MSRP figure.)

Dealers can be abusive during the bargaining process, questioning your numbers and pricing research. The best tool is to always be willing to say their price is too high, and politely decline to more negotiating. Repeat the price you believe they can meet and then just wait for their response. That's when they start moving the price in your direction. (I think the TrueCar website is a pricing tool for the dealer, the better price figures come from people on this forum.
  • Bought a 2017 Honda Accord EX with Sensing today for $23,700. That does not include a $210 Michigan Doc Fee or TTL. I'd like to say thanks to everybody posting in this forum as I think this is a great source of pricing information.

It was a very easy process, all pricing discussion taking place via email. In and out of the dealer in about two hours, but that's probably to be expected as they were rather busy today. Who woulda guessed? :smile:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 128,289
    cinc said:

Bought 2017 Honda Accord LX in Cincinnati today for 19,500 plus ohio doc fee of $250, plus tax/title. Financed the whole thing at 0.9% honda financing. Very grateful for this forum at Edmunds, which gave me the info to negotiate. I used the rule of aiming for at least 15% off of MSRP. (MSRP being the MSRP without the destination fee. Dealers like to say MSRP is the number with destination fee, so they add $800 to your MSRP figure.)

Dealers can be abusive during the bargaining process, questioning your numbers and pricing research. The best tool is to always be willing to say their price is too high, and politely decline to more negotiating. Repeat the price you believe they can meet and then just wait for their response. That's when they start moving the price in your direction. (I think the TrueCar website is a pricing tool for the dealer, the better price figures come from people on this forum.

That's good advice on negotiating. Just decline to give them any information they can argue against.

Which dealer in Cincinnati?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Bought a 2017 Honda Accord EX with Sensing today for $23,700. That does not include a $210 Michigan Doc Fee or TTL. I'd like to say thanks to everybody posting in this forum as I think this is a great source of pricing information.

It was a very easy process, all pricing discussion taking place via email. In and out of the dealer in about two hours, but that's probably to be expected as they were rather busy today. Who woulda guessed? :smile:

Congrats!

Edmunds Moderator

• Looking at purchasing a 2017 Honda Accord Sport 4 dr. in MS. Can also look in TN. MSRP for my model is $25215. What should my target price be? New to this--thanks for any info.
  • I was offered $21500 OTD ($19166 before only TTL)for a 2016 Accord LX w/Sensing and $21000 OTD ($18666 before only TTL) for 2017 LX, both are 19% off MSRP. Should i go ahead to bring the car home? Which one would be better for the money in your opinion? Thanks.
  • Just a heads up, looks like Honda is continuing the 0.9% financing through February.
  • cls061cls061 Posts: 11
    I purchased a 2017 Accord EX-L with Nav/Sensing on 12/31/16 for $28,000 OTD. It broke down to $27871 for vehicle and $129 dealer processing fee. Taxes I'll pay when I license the vehicle. I also had splash guards added but they're accounted for in the price. You always wonder if you could've gotten more off, but overall I'm please with the deal. I'm in Arkansas, by the way.
    cls061 said:

I purchased a 2017 Accord EX-L with Nav/Sensing on 12/31/16 for $28,000 OTD. It broke down to $27871 for vehicle and $129 dealer processing fee. Taxes I'll pay when I license the vehicle. I also had splash guards added but they're accounted for in the price. You always wonder if you could've gotten more off, but overall I'm please with the deal. I'm in Arkansas, by the way.

Congrats on the new Accord!

Edmunds Moderator

• scorpion_scorpion_ Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    Hey guys. While crunching numbers & comparing deals, I noticed that the optimal reasonable percentage off original MSRP for a 36/10 deal on a Honda Accord Sport SE (and perhaps all Accord models) is between 15%-18%, off MSRP & for a 36/12 16%-19%.

Also, I've found that the Truecar website low-balls the discount to around 7-10% off MSRP , thus appearing to be more of a dealer's tool, as someone previously commented..Thoughts?
  • I'm looking at a 2017 Accord Sport SE in Atlanta, GA. $24,600 out the door. Includes $1620 sales tax, $599 doc fee, and $138 registration fee, all other governmental fees. So around $22,243 for vehicle price, or about 18% below MSRP including destination. I don't believe they will go any lower (at least at this point in the month) as I tried but they let me leave yesterday with that as the last dealer offer and my offer at $200 below. I think it's pretty good, but wanted to get other thoughts.
  • houtxbuyerhoutxbuyer Posts: 9
    edited January 2017
    IF 2017 is the last model of the 9th generation accords... should we expect better discounting at end of year when the 2018's (gen 10 accords roll out)? ie should end of cycle discounting be greater than the usual year model discounting?
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 2,850
    Has Honda announced a date when the 2018 Accord will go on sale?

2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2013 Honda Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• We don't have any public details on the 2018 Accord. Nothing from the Detroit Auto Show, so far.

All things being equal, there should be better discounting on 2017 (9th generation) Accords when the next generation rolls out. However, if the 2018's are a disappointment, that goes out the window.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,237

A reporter is looking to talk to someone who was originally shopping for a new car, but decided to buy a CPO vehicle instead because it was a better deal. If you're willing to assist, please send an email to [email protected] no later than Monday, January 16, 2017.

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• Looking for a 2017 Honda Accord 4Dr Sport with CVT auto trans. What is a reasonable $ OTD quote for this car in northern NJ 07003? Is $22,800 a reasonable OTD-offer to dealers? Plz help.
  • Hello Everyone,
    I am looking for accord 17 touring in Bay area,CA. The best quote I got is of 33K $ OTD ( 30K which includes destination fee + 10% all CA taxes). Can I expect better quote than this in Bay area?
    edited January 2017
    2017 EX-L 4cyl, w/ navi and sensing OTD with Tax (texas) $27,900, thoughts?

the price before destination, doc fee and TTL would be roughly $25K

22% off MSRP on the base price
  • boyflyboyfly Posts: 23

2017 EX-L 4cyl, w/ navi and sensing OTD with Tax (texas) $27,900, thoughts?

the price before destination, doc fee and TTL would be roughly $25K

22% off MSRP on the base price

How much for the mud flaps and tint? Looks to be around 1,000. You won't beat the 22% off base price.
    edited January 2017
    boyfly said:

How much for the mud flaps and tint? Looks to be around 1,000. You won't beat the 22% off base price.

that was in the written offer price.. the OTD was with all the dealer included accessories.

I didn't close the deal as it was 4-5 hrs away. Every other dealer (and high level people that talked internal pricing details) I ran the deal by said it was total BS - and that I wouldn't get the car.. and not in the normal way where they tell you every other quote that's lower from their quote is a thief and a liar..

Amazing deal if it was real.. but based on all my checks, someone most likely screwed up . and once I wasted 5 hours of my life getting there and they saw the loss they were taking on that model. that car would have "already been sold to someone else" or whatever BS they pull when they realize they messed up a quote
    what dealer
  • Hello,

i just moved over to the Boston area and looking to purchase a 2017 Honda CR-V EX AWD. I've never purchased and was hoping I can get some advice here. What price should I target? Thanks!
  • What trim do you think is the best value for the money? Everyone's needs are different, but just wanted to see if anyone has opinions on the Accord trim with the best bang for the buck. For example, a lot of folks think the Touring is overpriced for what you get. I'm looking at the EX-L. Is it the LX? The Sport?
  • hondax4hondax4 Posts: 24
    Sport SE has great value. You get leather with heated seats and wheels nicer than the EX imo. No sunroof or lane departure but can be had for 22300 vs EXL at 25k minimum. Really does depend on what the individual feels is most important
  • hondax4 said:

Sport SE has great value. You get leather with heated seats and wheels nicer than the EX imo. No sunroof or lane departure but can be had for 22300 vs EXL at 25k minimum. Really does depend on what the individual feels is most important

it's odd that the sport SE is the only trim you can't get sensing on...
  • henrynhenryn Houston, TXPosts: 2,575
    If you need (or just want) the V6, you have to spring for the EX-L or Touring. Which is a shame, as both come with a sunroof, which I most definitely do not want.
    2018 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab, 2016 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
  • henryn said:

If you need (or just want) the V6, you have to spring for the EX-L or Touring. Which is a shame, as both come with a sunroof, which I most definitely do not want.

are you looking for an accord in houston? we should team up

besides, you have to a sunroof to make sure the leather seats are 100 degrees in the summer
    edited January 2017
    based on this weekends pricing exercise.. some probably obvious pointers

don't start the pricing process too far in advance.. if you want serious offers.. you have to be closing in 1-2 days, ideally same day..

offers are really non comparable, , make sure you know what is included or better yet what all they are leaving out.. if they can't break it out in a meaningful way. you're most likely looking at base price or base price + destination..

base price
    destination ($835)
    dealer installed accessories. (~$1k ish) - some dealers will quote OTD prices that EXCLUDE these accessories

= subtotal

sales tax (.0625 in texas)
    inventory tax (.0025 to .0035 in texas)
    title/registration ($126 in texas)
    Doc fees (ranges $150 to $175ish in texas, there's a large variance by state)

= true OTD price

get quotes in writing, with this level of detailed breakout.. and if anyone has any advice on how to make a written offer binding. .I'm all ears.
  • Bought a 2017 Honda Accord EX with Sensing today for $23,700. That does not include a $210 Michigan Doc Fee or TTL. I'd like to say thanks to everybody posting in this forum as I think this is a great source of pricing information.

Which dealer in Detroit?