Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Infiniti QX60 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    Something doesn't add up here, to me. So you signed a lease and the dealer filed that lease with IFS on a vehicle that was not the one you took delivery of? That sounds like fraud to me on the part of the dealer.

Have you shared that detail with IFS?

Assuming everything is exactly as you said it is, I would take two steps:
    (1) Reach out to Infiniti Customer Care and explain the situation step by step. I can't see any world where it is allowable to sign and file a lease for a different VIN then the one you're taking. Which VIN does IFS have in their system?

(2) I'd consider reaching out to your state attorney general's office.

My reasoning for the above is not the lease money factor - you signed the paperwork and if it shows the increased interest rate and you agreed to it, you're stuck. My reasoning is because of the bizarre handling of writing and signing a lease on a vehicle different from the one you ultimately took delivery of.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • methuenbuyermethuenbuyer Member Posts: 40

Something doesn't add up here, to me. So you signed a lease and the dealer filed that lease with IFS on a vehicle that was not the one you took delivery of? That sounds like fraud to me on the part of the dealer.

Have you shared that detail with IFS?

IFS won't do anything because they are the bank. The dealer made me sign the contract with one vehicle to change it later because they knew if they didn't lock the deal at that time they might lose the sale.

S
    Assuming everything is exactly as you said it is, I would take two steps:
    (1) Reach out to Infiniti Customer Care and explain the situation step by step. I can't see any world where it is allowable to sign and file a lease for a different VIN then the one you're taking. Which VIN does IFS have in their system?

IFS has the old VIN number in their system, I wish IFS would be more helpful but they said its out of their hand I have to go back to the dealer.

(2) I'd consider reaching out to your state attorney general's office.

The only option I have is to go to the Circuit Court in their city and make a small claim, that process can take months and I'm afraid if I don't make a payment by February 2nd, it will damage my credit.

My reasoning for the above is not the lease money factor - you signed the paperwork and if it shows the increased interest rate and you agreed to it, you're stuck. My reasoning is because of the bizarre handling of writing and signing a lease on a vehicle different from the one you ultimately took delivery of.

IFS said any verbal agreement between the dealer and me, it was between the dealer and me, IFS is only the bank that buys the car.

edited January 2017
    I would call Infiniti Customer Care (not Infiniti Financial Services) and explain that the dealer had you sign a lease for a vehicle that is not for the vehicle you wanted and has not been switched, and that you would like this made right.

Your other option is to consult with a Civil attorney in this matter. You are currently paying for a car that is technically not yours (wrong VIN). My guess is if you tell the GM you'll be consulting with an attorney on this matter because you are currently paying a lease on the wrong vehicle, they'll be inclined to listen. And if not, take this to the owner of the dealership.

The takeaway here for the future is that you should never ever feel pressured to sign anything at the dealership. If something doesn't feel right, which clearly was the case here, you should have walked away.
    edited January 2017
    I gave Infiniti Consumeer Affaird a call and they listen to me and they said the same thing, there is nothing they can do with this matter and I will have to take it with the dealer. I did tell the GM that I was going to consult with a lawyer and he told me to go ahead and that he wasn't going to void this contract. I wonder if I making a small claim in court will help void the contract as it clearly fraud.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    Make sure you write up a dealer review - there is a link in my signature block.

And, write up a Yelp! review and post this story on as many webistes as you think necessary. The bad publicity won't do the dealer any good.

You look to be in a difficult position, but keep chipping away at it. Be patient, and polite, even when you want to chew nails.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    this is odd. Sounds like fraud by the dealer, since they submitted a contract and got paid by the bank, or a bogus car, that was not delivered? That smells bad from about 10 different angles.

I wonder if the dealer is digging in so hard because they violated rules that they don't want to be caught at? And were just hoping to send a new VIN over and pretend it was a typo or something?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited January 2017
    Not clear on this point: is the IFS contract showing the car with the wrong VIN no.? If so, it sounds like contract breach or fraud on their part. I am not a lawyer, so you would need to get one's take on it.

Can't help but think that the dealership is trying to intimdate you into doing a deal.

How about going to the BBB, and,or going to a local TV station's consumer advocate. No business wants to see themselves on television with extremely negative publiicty.
    carnaught said:

Not clear on this point: is the IFS contract showing the car with the wrong VIN no.? If so, it sounds like contract breach or fraud on their part. I am not a lawyer, so you would need to get one's take on it.

Can't help but think that the dealership is trying to intimdate you into doing a deal.

How about going to the BBB, and,or going to a local TV station's consumer advocate. No business wants to see themselves on television with extremely negative publiicty.

I contacted BBB on Friday and they said they cannot take any legal action against the Dealer. The Dealer knew they could commit a fraud and get away with it.
    The only person who can take legal action against the dealer is you, either on your own or with an attorney.
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    Don't know if I understand all of this, but appears the real problem is that the payment is higher than the agreed to deal? My question is what was the amount shown on the contract you signed? Is it what you agreed to or the higher number?

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

houdini1 said:

Don't know if I understand all of this, but appears the real problem is that the payment is higher than the agreed to deal? My question is what was the amount shown on the contract you signed? Is it what you agreed to or the higher number?

The Problem is on the RV that should have been 59% and they put a 64%. I intended to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease.

The only person who can take legal action against the dealer is you, either on your own or with an attorney.

Most lawyers charges over $5,000 dollars to take a case. The best option I have is to do a small claim at the court.
    edited January 2017

houdini1 said:

The Problem is on the RV that should have been 59% and they put a 64%. I intended to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease.
    So you are OK with the money out of pocket and the monthly payment, and the only thing that you object to is that the residual is too high in case you want to buy at end of lease? If this is the case you can usually find a better deal by just buying a different car like yours on the open market or you might not even want to buy it at lease end.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Let's review that last point.

The dealer cannot, under any circumstances, alter the residual value. It is set by the bank. It is non-negotiable.

Period.

The only way the residual would change is if the lease term and/or miles per year changed.

Can you post an image of the contract for us?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

The dealer cannot, under any circumstances, alter the residual value. It is set by the bank. It is non-negotiable.

Period.

The only way the residual would change is if the lease term and/or miles per year changed.

I will scan it at work tomorrow and cross out any personal information and upload it.

houdini1 said:

The other problem is that the VIN on the contract is not the VIN of the car he plans on taking delivey of, no?

• Glen4642Glen4642 Member Posts: 1
    Appreciate the help.

Looking for MF and residual for 2017 QX60 - AWD with Premium Pack and Premium Plus with Driver assistance in New York. 39 months and 15,000 miles. Thanks.
    Glen4642 said:

Appreciate the help.

Looking for MF and residual for 2017 QX60 - AWD with Premium Pack and Premium Plus with Driver assistance in New York. 39 months and 15,000 miles. Thanks.

.00116 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    Don't take delivery..

There are plenty of lawyers that will give you a free consultation. After that, advice and maybe a strongly worded letter to the dealership and IFS will take care of it.

In the meantime, call IFS, tell them the dealer has committed fraud, that you never took delivery and don't have an Infiniti vehicle, and that you'll never pay that bill. That they can't repossess the car from you, because you never took delivery.

Don't take no for an answer... ask to speak to a supervisor, then their supervisor. Say the words "bank fraud" a few times.

You don't have to sue these guys... just keep calling IFS and tell them you aren't paying for a lease that was never completed. No delivery + no money changing hands = no contract.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

they can't produce the car anyway that matches the contract since they used a place holder.

this is just the weirdest situation.

• fordfoolfordfool Member Posts: 240
    As long as the OP has his old car (the potential trade-in) and hasn't paid anything to anyone, then it would be up to the dealer to sue him. And I doubt that would happen. It seems to me that if the OP does nothing, then the next move is up to the dealer.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    This is all great advice. DO NOT send any money to IFS. If you want, send a certified letter to them (whomever you talked to when you called should give you the person to send it to).

Run away from this dealer as fast as you can. They're committing fraud (putting in an incorrect vin# on a legal lease contract). Personally, I'd send a letter to our Attorney General's office and cc the GM of the dealership stating exactly what you stated here.

I doubt very seriously anyone is going to report anything negative on your credit report, but in the off chance they do, dispute the report with the credit reporting agencies.

I hate these games dealers play. I'm surprised they're still pulling this sort of garbage.

You have a lease term sheet on a car that has the wrong VIN# on it. It's a null and void contract because it's incorrect. You're not liable for anything.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    edited January 2017
    Michaell said:

Period.

Here is the first page of the lease contract.
    kyfdx said:

Don't take delivery..

There are plenty of lawyers that will give you a free consultation. After that, advice and maybe a strongly worded letter to the dealership and IFS will take care of it.

In the meantime, call IFS, tell them the dealer has committed fraud, that you never took delivery and don't have an Infiniti vehicle, and that you'll never pay that bill. That they can't repossess the car from you, because you never took delivery.

Don't take no for an answer... ask to speak to a supervisor, then their supervisor. Say the words "bank fraud" a few times.

You don't have to sue these guys... just keep calling IFS and tell them you aren't paying for a lease that was never completed. No delivery + no money changing hands = no contract.

This is a great advise, however when I call the dealer is a different story, I believe the GM I talked to is the head in charge at that location and they are going by clause D attached image of the contract.

Clause D is only valid, if you've taken delivery of the vehicle. Nothing in the contract means anything, if the deal hasn't been completed. (and, this is the case everywhere. That clause is not unique to New Hampshire). Very few states have cooling off periods, when it comes to car sales/leasing. There is no cooling off needed, if the deal has not been completed.

No vehicle + no money = no deal.

If you didn't take delivery, there is no deal. (I am not a lawyer)

I encourage you to see an attorney. It shouldn't cost much to get a little advice and a strongly worded letter sent.

And, this is a good reason to have a relationship with an attorney. Basic stuff. Anyone that does your will/estate planning can handle this.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I am not a lawyer, but 2 things jump out at me. In D, the disclaimer of "legal cause such as fraud". and in C, I don't see how they can actually approve the contract when it is not written for a car that is being given to you. If they are changing cars, this contract has to be torn up, and a new one done anyway.

edited January 2017
    Agree with all of the above advice not to take delivery, and not to exchange any funds. This plus the wrong VIN = no deal. Still would think that the wrong VIN nullifies this contract (but I am not a lawyer).

Do we all know the name of this dealership so we can avoid them?

If this isn't shut down soon I'd definitely get a lawyer.
    Yes, stick to your guns and take the advice offered above. Do not even go near the dealership !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Thanks for all your advise, the state of New Hampshire referred me to a lawyer, I have a consultation with him tomorrow.
    This deal was done at the Infiniti of Nashua.

Thanks for all your advise, the state of New Hampshire referred me to a lawyer, I have a consultation with him tomorrow.

Keep us posted.

Just to confirm, you have or have not given them any money at this point?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Keep us posted.

No I have not given them any money, the money I was going to give them was going to be from my trade in, but I still have possession of my old SUV.

Michaell said:

Keep us posted.

No I have not given them any money, the money I was going to give them was going to be from my trade in, but I still have possession of my old SUV.

Even better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Keep us posted.

Even better.
    I did sign a doc that they can payoff my trade-in which they haven't done it yet because I still have a balance with the other dealer.
    Google the term "exchange of consideration in a contract." For a contract to be valid each party must get something. This is why car dealers are eager for the customer to drive "the wheels over the curb." The customer must take delivery for a valid contract to exist, and you have not taken delivery. And I am not an attorney nor do I play one on TV. Good luck with this.
    @fordfool is right on the money. (IMHO)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@Michaell @kyfdx did you see any dependency with the contract? I thought the Rent Charge and RV were too high.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

@Michaell @kyfdx did you see any dependency with the contract? I thought the Rent Charge and RV were too high.

Forget about the contract. It's void. It doesn't matter what it says. Don't give the dealer any money. Don't let them anywhere near your car. Run away from this dealer.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Seeing the contract, I tend to agree with everything everyone has said. No money exchanged, no vehicle delivered and an improperly written lease contract = no deal. 

Certified letter to the dealer and to IFS explaining the situation as suggested should get the ball rolling.  Curious what the attorney says.
    According to the Lawyer I don't have a case and he suggest to move forward with the deal :'(

According to the Lawyer I don't have a case and he suggest to move forward with the deal :'(

Hmm, are there detail(s) you've left out? Time for a second attorney opinion?

@methuenbuyer You seem to think that a high residual value (RV) is bad. It isn't. A high residual value means that the car depreciates less during the lease period, so the lease payment will be lower.

Now if you plan to purchase a leased car at the end of the lease period, then you will pay more with a high residual at that time. But however much more you pay for the purchase will have been offset by what you saved during the lease period.

So a high residual is good for the "buyer-lessee" regardless of whether or not the car is purchased at the end of the lease.

Having posted the details of the lease, someone here should be able to tell you if the Gross Capitalized Cost and the Money Factor (Interest Rate) are reasonable.
  • psx4159psx4159 Member Posts: 16
    @methuenbuyer Did you not check the RV when you signed the contract? Was the MSRP of the vehicle that's on the contract the same as the one that you wanted to buy?
    If the lawyer is saying you have no case, then it sounds like some details must have been left out here from what you told us. They would be the expert.

If the lawyer is saying you have no case, then it sounds like some details must have been left out here from what you told us. They would be the expert.

No, its because I signed a binding contract and the contract can't be voided just because i'm refusing delivery.
    Still can't see how it can be binding if the vin number is not a car they are delivering to you.

And.. (again, not a lawyer)

No automobile purchase/lease contract is binding if there is no money or vehicle changing hands.

Find a better lawyer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

And.. (again, not a lawyer)

No automobile purchase/lease contract is binding if there is no money or vehicle changing hands.

Find a better lawyer.

It will costs me over $5000 dollars to get a lawyer, the only reason why I didn't want to move forward with this deal was because I thought the RV was too high.
    As of 2pm EST I took delivery of the QX60 Premium
    Well, quite the ordeal. Try to put it behind you, and enjoy an assume sat.

And find another dealer to use for service.

• mandi576mandi576 Member Posts: 9
    Please tell me if this is a good deal. I *think* it is.
    2017 QX60 premium plus package/theater package/driver assistance
    MSRP $54,595
    39 mo/12K
    58% residual ($31,665.10)
    MF .00116 (base rate)
    We have a 2015 QX60 lease that ends in June (we are at our mileage now and they gave us a 2K buffer) they are offering to waive the $395 disposition fee, and the rest of our lease payments
    we pay $3000 down for $635/mo $4000 down $607/mo
    They need the car sold by 1/31 to honor this pricing.
    NY State