Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 Audi S5 Sportback Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• hello Mike thank you for your response, i had em ask their manager and they keep saying they have no MSDs availa... should i get in touch with audi and find out?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 111,093
    iltoticar said:

hello Mike thank you for your response, i had em ask their manager and they keep saying they have no MSDs availa... should i get in touch with audi and find out?

Check with other dealers and see if you get the same answer; it's possible Audi suspended their MSD program, as well.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Hey Chase, almost got the deal I'm looking for on the s5 sportback. I'm heading in this weekend, but with the new month im gonna be heading into , I was wondering if u can give me the updated mf and residual #'s. Im getting a bunch if great offers now at the end if the month for the factory order..they say they will honor it if I put down a deposit. I know it will differ slightly upon delivery in a couple months tho. ill keep u posted. Thanks! @ChaseBellows
  • Mf and residual please, 2018 s5 sportback premium plus, 36/10k. Virginia 22150, for September 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,447
    mzbails said:

Mf and residual please, 2018 s5 sportback premium plus, 36/10k. Virginia 22150, for September 

August programs have been extended through September 5th.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mzbailsmzbails Posts: 30
    edited September 2017
    Hi @Michaell and @ChaseBellows I have a quote I was hoping u can go over and see if it checks out..seems to be a great deal..but I think the mf is wrong, to my benefit (lower) : ) Can u take a look amd let me know your thoughts please. Thanks!
    mzbails said:

Hi @Michaell and @ChaseBellows I have a quote I was hoping u can go over and see if it checks out..seems to be a great deal..but I think the mf is wrong, to my benefit (lower) : ) Can u take a look amd let me know your thoughts please. Thanks!

.00175 is the base MF for the S5, this month.

I'm just a couple dollars off that quote, but we suggest you roll the taxes and fees into the monthly payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you won't get the upfront monies refunded to you.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Ok, yeah I was coming up with a little less of a monthly payment with my calculations too. As for the taxes and fees, those I would be rolling into the payments. The money down is a bit higher than I wanted to do tho..so what would be the reason our calculations are off? Va state tax us 4.15%..i was hoping I could point to something to have addressed when I meet with them, in hopes of reducing the payment. Thoughts? @Michaell
  • I keep coming up with payments under $600 with the current scenarios, which is where I want to be. I can't figure it out! @Michaell
    mzbails said:

I keep coming up with payments under $600 with the current scenarios, which is where I want to be. I can't figure it out! @Michaell

Can't tell you why your calculations are off - are you using an on-line calculator?

The $650 payment is before rolling in the taxes and fees - if you do that, the payment will go up over $100/mo ($28/mo for every $1000 added to the cap cost)

• Hi @Michaell, the 650 actually is all inclusive, that's the total monthly payment. I think maybe my calculations were off due to fees and tax amounts being wrong when entered into the online lease calculators..either way, it seems to be accurate, right? Do u have any insight on Audi care? The lease term is 36 months..do i need it? 
    mzbails said:

Hi @Michaell, the 650 actually is all inclusive, that's the total monthly payment. I think maybe my calculations were off due to fees and tax amounts being wrong when entered into the online lease calculators..either way, it seems to be accurate, right? Do u have any insight on Audi care? The lease term is 36 months..do i need it? 

AudiCare is something we do recommend, as it bumps the residual up 1%. Have you priced Audi services?
    :smile:

• I have, and it seems that I will only end up paying for 2 oil changes at approximately 120 each. The residual cost of the Audi care with my deal is approximately 360. I Also own a body shop, so really I can perform the services myself with discounts on any cabin/air filters if needed. Just doesn't seem to be worth it for me, as I also don't plan on keeping the car after the lease. I feel the Audi care benefits them more.. @Michaell
    mzbails said:

I have, and it seems that I will only end up paying for 2 oil changes at approximately 120 each. The residual cost of the Audi care with my deal is approximately 360. I Also own a body shop, so really I can perform the services myself with discounts on any cabin/air filters if needed. Just doesn't seem to be worth it for me, as I also don't plan on keeping the car after the lease. I feel the Audi care benefits them more.. @Michaell

OK, then I agree that you should skip AudiCare.

• This is the last and final offer I have, if u don't mind, can u check it out. Is the discount off msrp good in yiur opinion? I'm going to go with $3750 down, does the monthly payment add up? Ive run the numbers and ut seem to be on point. Va taxes, desrination fee 975, aquistion fee 895, doc fee 299...its all correct? Mf is 0.00175 and residual is 64%. I'm thinking I will take this offer. Any concerns? I greatly appreciate all the help! @Michaell @ChaseBellows ;
    mzbails said:

This is the last and final offer I have, if u don't mind, can u check it out. Is the discount off msrp good in yiur opinion? I'm going to go with $3750 down, does the monthly payment add up? Ive run the numbers and ut seem to be on point. Va taxes, desrination fee 975, aquistion fee 895, doc fee 299...its all correct? Mf is 0.00175 and residual is 64%. I'm thinking I will take this offer. Any concerns? I greatly appreciate all the help! @Michaell @ChaseBellows ;

If I subtract the $3750 from the $57,467 price, I get $589/mo for 36 months.

• Yeah. I was coming up with close to that too. So what gives? @Michaell
  • What fees are you calculating into the equation? $975 destination, 895 acquisition (that's what I recall I was told), 299 processing, 119 doc fee. Am I missing something. I have asked to get some clarification from the dealer as well. I just feel like they are adding some fluff somewhere.. @Michaell
    mzbails said:

What fees are you calculating into the equation? $975 destination, 895 acquisition (that's what I recall I was told), 299 processing, 119 doc fee. Am I missing something. I have asked to get some clarification from the dealer as well. I just feel like they are adding some fluff somewhere.. @Michaell

Either junk fees, or the MF is marked up.

But, new program numbers are released today. Hopefully we will get them soon.

• What fees are you calculating into the equation? $975 destination, 895 acquisition (that's what I recall I was told), 299 processing, 119 doc fee. Am I missing something. I have asked to get some clarification from the dealer as well. I just feel like they are adding some fluff somewhere.. @Michaell
    mzbails said:

What fees are you calculating into the equation? $975 destination, 895 acquisition (that's what I recall I was told), 299 processing, 119 doc fee. Am I missing something. I have asked to get some clarification from the dealer as well. I just feel like they are adding some fluff somewhere.. @Michaell

I'm just using the prices you've provided. Only the dealer can tell you what numbers they are using to get their payment quote.

• Just a strong strong recommendation on money down for this lease. I would recommend structuring the lease as such, assuming you want to lower your payments using the "money down/upfront" approach.

1) DO NOT PUT MONEY DOWN ON CAR. Leases are optimum for benefiting you on the risk you total or severely destroy the vehicle. That is cash you'll never see back.

2) INSTEAD: Pay down security deposits to reduce Money Factor. For every monthly payment, they take off a certain amount of points. Last I saw, it was like 0.0004 per payment. This is completely refundable upon completion of lease and if you turn in early or total your vehicle you receive this cash back.

The question is, does time value money affect your upfront cost vs. your interest accrued?
    mzbails said:

This is the last and final offer I have, if u don't mind, can u check it out. Is the discount off msrp good in yiur opinion? I'm going to go with $3750 down, does the monthly payment add up? Ive run the numbers and ut seem to be on point. Va taxes, desrination fee 975, aquistion fee 895, doc fee 299...its all correct? Mf is 0.00175 and residual is 64%. I'm thinking I will take this offer. Any concerns? I greatly appreciate all the help! @Michaell @ChaseBellows ;

mzbails said:

mzbails said:

mzbails said:

mzbails said:

mzbails said:

• So how do i know if they're marking up the mf? It's says .00175 on the calculated screen shot they sent me on their computer. I had asked for some clarification, and the residual and mf are shown to be correct, but how do I know that's actually being applied? And please keep me.posred on new mf and residual please. Thanks! @Michaell
    mzbails said:

So how do i know if they're marking up the mf? It's says .00175 on the calculated screen shot they sent me on their computer. I had asked for some clarification, and the residual and mf are shown to be correct, but how do I know that's actually being applied? And please keep me.posred on new mf and residual please. Thanks! @Michaell

.00175 and 64% for 36/10 on S5 SB P+ for September, too.

If the MF isn't marked up, then the adjusted cap cost the dealer is using is different from what you've provided us.

The math doesn't lie.

• chongerchonger Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    Hello,

I was considering swapping my Audi S3 lease for a Premium Plus S5 Sportback for 36/10. I stopped by a dealer near the Los Angeles area to see what they could offer and here's what they offered.

The dealer will take on remaining 7 Payments on S3 Lease (totaling $4,512)

New Lease details:
    Term: 36/10
    S5 SB Premium Plus MSRP: $64,625.00
    Drive off: $4K
    Monthly: $740 + Tax (payment also includes Audi Care)

The residual and MF they claim to have used: 65% & .00175

Now, I do want to get out of my S3 lease and I thought considering they are taking on remaining 7 payments, I think this deal isn't bad. What do you think sir?

Thanks

chonger said:

Hello,

I was considering swapping my Audi S3 lease for a Premium Plus S5 Sportback for 36/10. I stopped by a dealer near the Los Angeles area to see what they could offer and here's what they offered.

New Lease details:

Now, I do want to get out of my S3 lease and I thought considering they are taking on remaining 7 payments, I think this deal isn't bad. What do you think sir?

Thanks

What does the $4K drive off include? That seems to negate the dealer "taking on" the remaining S3 lease payments.

There are no defined pull ahead programs, so I'd be concerned that the $4512 is being rolled into the new lease.

.00175 and 64% - 65% with AudiCare

Most importantly - what is the selling price of the S5?

• Michaell said:

chonger said:

Hello,

New Lease details:

Thanks

What does the $4K drive off include? That seems to negate the dealer "taking on" the remaining S3 lease payments.

There are no defined pull ahead programs, so I'd be concerned that the $4512 is being rolled into the new lease.

Hello Michaell,

Thanks for getting back to me. Let me see if I can get those specifics from them. Is there no way you can work backward to figure if deal is ok considering lease swap? I am certain they may have rolled a small portion of it in my lease, but I am ok with it as long as it was slight. but definitely not that full amount.

Thanks

chonger said:

Michaell said:

chonger said:

Hello,

New Lease details:

Thanks

Hello Michaell,

Thanks for getting back to me. Let me see if I can get those specifics from them. Is there no way you can work backward to figure if deal is ok considering lease swap? I am certain they may have rolled a small portion of it in my lease, but I am ok with it as long as it was slight. but definitely not that full amount.

Thanks

Without all the numbers, I can only guess. And, I'd rather not guess ....

If they don't want to be transparent with the numbers, that should tell you something ....

• Hi @Michaell I'm still working with the particular dealer that I sent the quote from in prior messages..im trying to have them sit down with me and work out the lease payment by hand, to seer all the numbers and fees being calculated. Think that's normal? I just don't want to reuat what the computer says or computes for my payment. Thoughts? And also, is the destination fee ($975), typically added to the msrp, before the residual is calculated? It is being calculated that way in my quote.. thanks! 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,447
    mzbails said:

Hi @Michaell I'm still working with the particular dealer that I sent the quote from in prior messages..im trying to have them sit down with me and work out the lease payment by hand, to seer all the numbers and fees being calculated. Think that's normal? I just don't want to reuat what the computer says or computes for my payment. Thoughts? And also, is the destination fee ($975), typically added to the msrp, before the residual is calculated? It is being calculated that way in my quote.. thanks! 

The residual amount is a percentage of the full MSRP, including factory options and destination.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator