Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 Audi S5 Sportback Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 109,925

Can you please post the MF and Residual for S5 Sportback - PP for 36/12 in Northern California. Also, are there better deals in SoCal versus NorCal?

.00180 and 62%

All of California share the same numbers.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Hi Michaell -

Do you have RV%/MF for S5 Sportback Premium Plus @ 36/10 & 36/7.5. Looking to lease in either SoCal or Phoenix.

Similarly, I was at Santa Ana Audi yesterday and one of the sales reps told me .00218 for the MF and 56%-58% for the RV%. I immediately thought this was incorrect but wanted to check.

Thanks for your help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,685
    jmasci2 said:

Hi Michaell -

Do you have RV%/MF for S5 Sportback Premium Plus @ 36/10 & 36/7.5. Looking to lease in either SoCal or Phoenix.

Similarly, I was at Santa Ana Audi yesterday and one of the sales reps told me .00218 for the MF and 56%-58% for the RV%. I immediately thought this was incorrect but wanted to check.

Thanks for your help.

.00180 MF and 63%/64% residual

Sounds like he was quoting A5 SB 42 month numbers
    .00218 MF and 56%/57% residual

If not, no telling where those numbers came from

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Thanks kyfdx, appreciate it.
  • Thanks Michaell
  • I'm about to make my decision on the S5 Sportback and wondering if this is a good deal.

I'm in NJ

- Premium Plus
    - MSRP: 65,230
    - Drive-off: 900
    - Loyalty Discount: 750
    - Total monthly: 730

I'm about to make my decision on the S5 Sportback and wondering if this is a good deal.

I'm in NJ

- Premium Plus

What is the selling price or adjusted cap cost?

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Michaell said:

I'm about to make my decision on the S5 Sportback and wondering if this is a good deal.

I'm in NJ

- Premium Plus

Oh, that was quite silly of me. Sorry about that.

It's 36 months at 7500 miles/yr.
    Selling price is 57950
  • And it's actually being bought in NY, not NJ.

Michaell said:

I'm in NJ

- Premium Plus

Oh, that was quite silly of me. Sorry about that.

It's 36 months at 7500 miles/yr.
    Selling price is 57950
    .00180 and 64%

With the provided MSRP and selling price, I get $630/mo

Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost, and make sure you understand what was added to and subtracted from the selling price to get that number.

• Bank fees 925
    Doc/Reg 700
    Luxury Sales Tax (NJ) 0.4% 2318
    Adjusted Cap Cost 61893
  • Oops, .4% not 4.

Bank fees 925
    Doc/Reg 700
    Luxury Sales Tax (NJ) 0.4% 231.8
    Adjusted Cap Cost 59806.80

Oops, .4% not 4.

Bank fees 925
    Doc/Reg 700
    Luxury Sales Tax (NJ) 0.4% 231.8
    Adjusted Cap Cost 59806.80

OK, now I'm at $684/mo ... still a ways to go to get to $730 ($1656, to be precise).

Sales tax?

• NJ sales tax at 6.875, I believe is rolled into the payment.

NJ sales tax at 6.875, I believe is rolled into the payment.

That should account for the difference, then.

$730 looks about right.

• Do you reckon it's a good deal? Or should I try for lower?
  • Here's the lease breakdown.

Here's the lease breakdown.

I agree with the math on that worksheet.

10% off sticker and base MF are good things. Not sure how you can do much better, but you won't know unless you ask.

• Seems that's about the lowest I can go. Thanks for your help!
  • rabidorabido Posts: 5
    edited November 2017
    Hi there,
    Wondering what the residual and MF is on a 36M / 10k lease for a Prestige S5 Sportback (In NorCal if that matters)

Thanks!
    rabido said:

Hi there,
    Wondering what the residual and MF is on a 36M / 10k lease for a Prestige S5 Sportback (In NorCal if that matters)

Thanks!

.00180 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Moderator

• S5 sportback prestige. 36 mo lease 25k miles per year lease MF and residual please.

coming back with $1066 a month with $2k due at signing. Thoughts??

nhholl18 said:

S5 sportback prestige. 36 mo lease 25k miles per year lease MF and residual please.

coming back with $1066 a month with $2k due at signing. Thoughts??

The extra 30,000 miles you are asking for will kill the residual, and jack up the payment.

The S5 SB doesn't have a great lease program to begin with, and your requirements make it worse.

• They are showing me a residual of 51%. Any idea on how the payment I stated above looks. Seems like with 25k miles a year it isn’t a bad deal!
    nhholl18 said:

They are showing me a residual of 51%. Any idea on how the payment I stated above looks. Seems like with 25k miles a year it isn’t a bad deal!

Basically, it's $0.16/mile for the extra miles, then. Not too bad.

What is your state and tax rate?

Edmunds Moderator

• PA, 9%. what price is the absolute rock bottom do you believe??

thanks!!!
    nhholl18 said:

PA, 9%. what price is the absolute rock bottom do you believe??

thanks!!!

We don’t track pricing – use the “make / model / year” tabs at the top of the page to link to the Edmunds price tools.

• When you say the Audi S5 doesn't have a good lease program is that driven by the MF being so high? I'm trying to do a single pay lease to bring the cost down (assuming GAP coverage)

Not sure if Audi allows multiple MSDs any more.
    rabido said:

When you say the Audi S5 doesn't have a good lease program is that driven by the MF being so high? I'm trying to do a single pay lease to bring the cost down (assuming GAP coverage)

Not sure if Audi allows multiple MSDs any more.

Audi does offer an MSD program, but we don't have the details.

Yes, the high initial MF hurts the lease program on the S5. Subtract .00060 for a one-pay lease.

• poopspoops Posts: 124
    Any new December programs available on the '18 Sportback Prestige?