Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2018 BMW X3 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    preetipreeti Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    6% off Msrp, plus 1500 loyalty and 1500 cash back on 36/12. Nothing down. Does the agreement below add up correctly....a bit confusing

Did they waive the aquisition fee for you? 
  • Options
    Can you please check the lease deal I am getting. Dealer said it is 7% off MSRP, 3 years/ 15miles, located in Southern California. 
  • Options
    Hello:
    Sorry, can you take a look at this quote instead? Base model with heated seats. They initially had a higher MF. This lease quote is supposed to include a MF of 0.00152, residual 56%, 3 Years, 15K Miles a year, 7% off MSRP, No down payment, $1,500 lease cash, Southern Cal.
    Does the math look right? Not sure why drive off is high at $5,500? And is this a good deal? 
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,200
    preeti said:

Hello:
    Sorry, can you take a look at this quote instead? Base model with heated seats. They initially had a higher MF. This lease quote is supposed to include a MF of 0.00152, residual 56%, 3 Years, 15K Miles a year, 7% off MSRP, No down payment, $1,500 lease cash, Southern Cal.
    Does the math look right? Not sure why drive off is high at $5,500? And is this a good deal? 

Well... the 2nd one is a lot better. It's actually 7% off, while the first one was only 6.4% off.
    Plus, this one has the base money factor, rather than the marked up money factor on the first deal.

Your drive-off is $4000 out of your pocket, plus the $1500 rebate.
    But, you shouldn't put $4000 upfront, just to make your monthly payment seem smaller.
    With $1000 due at signing, your payment would be about $589/mo.

The math is correct, and the assumptions you stated above are what's in the document.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    martini33martini33 Member Posts: 3
    May I have the MF and RV for 2018 X3 please? 36/10 and 36/12. Not sure if it matters what state you register or or purchase the car in? Registering in NYS. Purchasing in either NYS or NJ. Thanks!!
  • Options
    martini33 said:

May I have the MF and RV for 2018 X3 please? 36/10 and 36/12. Not sure if it matters what state you register or or purchase the car in? Registering in NYS. Purchasing in either NYS or NJ. Thanks!!

.00152 MF and 59%/58% residual

Numbers are national.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Hello:
    Well... the 2nd one is a lot better. It's actually 7% off, while the first one was only 6.4% off. Plus, this one has the base money factor, rather than the marked up money factor on the first deal. Your drive-off is $4000 out of your pocket, plus the $1500 rebate. But, you shouldn't put $4000 upfront, just to make your monthly payment seem smaller. With $1000 due at signing, your payment would be about $589/mo. The math is correct, and the assumptions you stated above are what's in the document.
    Thankyou !!! Much appreciated. 
  • Options
    Is BMW offering incentives for autopay ? 
  • Options
    preeti said:

Is BMW offering incentives for autopay ? 

No

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cj121416cj121416 Member Posts: 14
    Hi—hoping for some advice and help with this.  I generally understand how a lease works, but have never done it before so wondering how this offer looks.  I’m located in Chicago so pricing includes those taxes and fees. I appreciate any feedback!  
  • Options
    martini33martini33 Member Posts: 3
    $823 a month on a $55k car???? 
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    cj121416 said:

Hi—hoping for some advice and help with this.  I generally understand how a lease works, but have never done it before so wondering how this offer looks.  I’m located in Chicago so pricing includes those taxes and fees. I appreciate any feedback!  

I'm pretty close; within $5-10/mo of the quoted payment

8.5% off sticker and base MF helps, but the taxes kill you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    martini33 said:

$823 a month on a $55k car???? 

In Chicago, you pay state sales tax on the sum of the monthly payments, and city of Chicago sales tax on the monthly payment each month.

About 17% total tax burden. Any lease is going to be expensive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
     Michaell said:
    I'm pretty close; within $5-10/mo of the quoted payment 8.5% off sticker and base MF helps, but the taxes kill you.
    Thank you, Michaell.  Much appreciated.  
  • Options
    amazinmoeamazinmoe Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Can you let me know if the offer I’m getting is good or way out of line?

I know that ideally a lot of money shouldn’t be put down on a lease but I’m also trying to lower my monthly payments. Lease on a 2018 BMW X3 xDrive 30i. $3k down with quoted monthly payment of $650 on 36 month 10k miles a year. Msrp is $57,270 which has all the features that I want. This includes sales tax of 5.5 percent in payment in Nebraska.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    natenash28natenash28 Member Posts: 8
    I have the following offer. Would love to get some feedback:

1. $52,945 MSRP on X3 2018. Sale price: $44,855. 15.28% discount.
    2. 0.0015 MF and 59% residual on 36 month/10k miles --> $450/month lease payment with $3,138 down (NY 8.37% tax rate). Does this look right?
    3. What are residual values and MF for 48 month/60 month lease with 10k miles/year
    4. What are residual values and MF for 39 month/42 month lease with 12k miles/year
    5. Why is 36 month/10k the most popular lease? It seems that depreciation in 4th years is much lower, so theoretically a 48 month lease should not have a massive drop in residual value and help reduce monthly payments?

I need to pick the car Monday morning, so your feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks you.

• Options
    amazinmoe said:

Hello,

I know that ideally a lot of money shouldn’t be put down on a lease but I’m also trying to lower my monthly payments. Lease on a 2018 BMW X3 xDrive 30i. $3k down with quoted monthly payment of $650 on 36 month 10k miles a year. Msrp is $57,270 which has all the features that I want. This includes sales tax of 5.5 percent in payment in Nebraska.

Thanks for the help.

Is $3000 the full amount due at signing?
    Do you have the selling price or adjusted CAP cost?
    At $57K, it should have everything you want.. :p

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

2. 0.0015 MF and 59% residual on 36 month/10k miles --> $450/month lease payment with $3,138 down (NY 8.37% tax rate). Does this look right?
    3. What are residual values and MF for 48 month/60 month lease with 10k miles/year
    4. What are residual values and MF for 39 month/42 month lease with 12k miles/year
    5. Why is 36 month/10k the most popular lease? It seems that depreciation in 4th years is much lower, so theoretically a 48 month lease should not have a massive drop in residual value and help reduce monthly payments?

I need to pick the car Monday morning, so your feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks you.

1) Amazing discount
    2) .00152 MF and 59% residual. Do you have the adjusted CAP cost?
    3) No support for leases longer than 36 months
    4) See #3
    5) See #3. Theoretically, you are correct, but in reality, the programs offered don't support it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

amazinmoe said:

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

Is $3000 the full amount due at signing?
    Do you have the selling price or adjusted CAP cost?
    At $57K, it should have everything you want.. :p
    The amount due at signing should be $3k + first month payment. So should be $3,650 unless there's hidden fees or something. I don't have the offer sheet but should be able to post it tomorrow morning once I get it.
  • Options
    bakerrrm2bakerrrm2 Member Posts: 96
    With BMW what is the target discount to aim for off MSRP?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    kyfdx said:

1) Amazing discount
    4) See #3
    5) See #3. Theoretically, you are correct, but in reality, the programs offered don't support it.

--

1. Thank you
    2. Does not show Adjusted Cap cost, but does provide the cap reduction of $1500. What is the significance of the adjusted cap cost? Should I go back and ask for it, and how should I interpret it?
    3. Sucks that BMW doesnt offer. Audi does on the Q5

Attaching what I got:

• Options
    Are there carriers other than BMW financial that this forum might recommend for purchasing the lease financing from? The dealer said that my purchase price will go up by $500 (lease incentive from BMW) if I dont finance from BMW Financial?

Has anyone gone through the motions before and are there substantial savings from going lease finance shopping?
  • Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590

Is this New York City or upstate NY where you're getting over a 15% discount?

Do you qualify for BMW loyalty or other discounts?
  • Options
    bakerrrm2 said:

Michaell has stated to target 7% off MSRP
  • Options
    amazinmoe said:

bakerrrm2 said:

Michaell has stated to target 7% off MSRP
    Correct

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

kyfdx said:

1) Amazing discount
    4) See #3

--

1. Thank you
    2. Does not show Adjusted Cap cost, but does provide the cap reduction of $1500. What is the significance of the adjusted cap cost? Should I go back and ask for it, and how should I interpret it?

Attaching what I got:

The adjusted CAP cost is very important. It's the amount you are paying for the vehicle, plus any additions or subtractions. It's the same as "amount financed" on a loan.

For instance, you say the sale price is $44,855, but that's nowhere to be seen on this document. Also, no mention of money factor. Is the $1500 CAP reduction shown near the bottom, a rebate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Are there carriers other than BMW financial that this forum might recommend for purchasing the lease financing from? The dealer said that my purchase price will go up by $500 (lease incentive from BMW) if I dont finance from BMW Financial?

Has anyone gone through the motions before and are there substantial savings from going lease finance shopping?

You can't get a better program from an independent bank, than the one that BMWFS gives you. You'll be wasting your time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bakerrrm2 said:

I just negotiated by second BMW X3 deal. I always focus on the purchase price vs the monthly payment. On my first car I got a 12.5% off MSRP. I was aiming for that on my current lease but was able to get a 15.3%. The larger dealers are able to take loss on a car because they want to move units. This is a good time to be negotiating. Be aggressive BUT be polite. Know what you want and be willing to commit (at least put a refundable deposit down). I never go into a dealership till I have a reasonable starting number on the table.
    wco81 said:

Is this New York City or upstate NY where you're getting over a 15% discount?

Do you qualify for BMW loyalty or other discounts?
    ---

Its
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

1) Amazing discount
    4) See #3

--

1. Thank you

Attaching what I got:

The adjusted CAP cost is very important. It's the amount you are paying for the vehicle, plus any additions or subtractions. It's the same as "amount financed" on a loan.

For instance, you say the sale price is $44,855, but that's nowhere to be seen on this document. Also, no mention of money factor. Is the $1500 CAP reduction shown near the bottom, a rebate?
    --

I will ask for the Adjusted Cap. The $2000 cap reduction includes $1500 rebate + $500 cash deposit I made. Does something not look right? Thank you.
  • Options
    @natenash28 It's just incomplete information. Hard to make judgements without all of the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Can one of the moderators comment on the attached offer. I originally got a quote to lease, but with the special lease tax in Chicago, the dealership is now promoting a BMW "Owners Choice" program to me which they claim is cheaper. The MSRP is higher than the quote I was given with the lease, and I want to make sure there are no other "gotchas" that I'm missing. Thanks very much.
  • Options
    bakerrrm2 said:

I just negotiated by second BMW X3 deal. I always focus on the purchase price vs the monthly payment. On my first car I got a 12.5% off MSRP. I was aiming for that on my current lease but was able to get a 15.3%. The larger dealers are able to take loss on a car because they want to move units. This is a good time to be negotiating. Be aggressive BUT be polite. Know what you want and be willing to commit (at least put a refundable deposit down). I never go into a dealership till I have a reasonable starting number on the table.

--

Moderator: The Adjusted Cap is $43,355.85. THANK YOU.
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

@natenash28 It's just incomplete information. Hard to make judgements without all of the numbers.

--

The adjusted cap cost is 43,355.85. Picking car in an hour. THANK YOU for your help! You have been amazing.
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

--
    kyfdx said:

---

The adjusted cap cost is $43,355.85. Does the math add up?
  • Options
    The "sell rate" is marked up a full 1% APR over the base rate.

I understand the desire to avoid Chicago sales tax on leases, but I'd like to see a comparison to a straight lease, to see how much I'm actually saving. As you can see, you are paying Illinois tax on the full selling price.

First item: Tell them you want base rate of 3.25% APR

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

kyfdx said:

--
    kyfdx said:

---

The adjusted cap cost is $43,355.85. Does the math add up?
    Yes.. I get the same payment. It's a very good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    The "sell rate" is marked up a full 1% APR over the base rate. I understand the desire to avoid Chicago sales tax on leases, but I'd like to see a comparison to a straight lease, to see how much I'm actually saving. As you can see, you are paying Illinois tax on the full selling price. First item: Tell them you want base rate of 3.25% APR
    Thank you for catching the mark-up on the APR.  Makes sense on the comparison to straight lease too.  Thanks so much for the feedback, kyfdx.  
  • Options
    dogz1189dogz1189 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2017
    MSRP: $53,470
    Selling Price: $48,400
    Minus $1500 in rebates
    MF: .00192
    With Chicago tax, seems like my payment is closer to $800 with no down payment and everything rolled in except the doc/license fees.

Wait for a lower selling price in 2018?
  • Options
    dogz1189 said:

Minus $1500 in rebates
    With Chicago tax, seems like my payment is closer to $800 with no down payment and everything rolled in except the doc/license fees.

What term/mileage?
    Adjusted CAP cost?

Money factor is marked up from .00152 base.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Minus $1500 in rebates

What term/mileage? Adjusted CAP cost? Money factor is marked up from .00152 base.
    36/10k

if I cap the acquisition fee, my net cap cost is $52,565.
  • Options
    dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

Minus $1500 in rebates

What term/mileage?
    Adjusted CAP cost?

36/10k

.00152 MF and 59% residual

With the marked up money factor, I get $745/mo.+ Chicago tax (assuming IL tax is in your CAP)
    With base .00152 MF, $712/mo.+ Chicago tax

If the selling price is 48400 minus $1500 for $46,900, how does the adjusted CAP get all the way back up to $52,565? $5665? How does that break down?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Need some advice on this deal...

2018 BMW X3 drive 30i
    MSRP: $54,145
    Discount: $3,685
    Selling Price: $48,460
    Rebate: $1,500 + $500 Fleet discount
    Tax: $500
    Doc fee: $429
    Title: $15

Quoted payment of $759 with $2650 down payment
    36 month/ 10k a year

I feel like this is really off in payment.

Any help is much appreciated.

* I have attached the dealer quote sheet, there is a section labeled *options which add the payoff for the trade in
  • Options
    bakerrrm2 said:

2018 BMW X3 drive 30i

36 month/ 10k a year

* I have attached the dealer quote sheet, there is a section labeled *options which add the payoff for the trade in

$4900 over 36 months is $136/mo added to your payment.

But, I don't see a reference to the $925 BMW Acquisition fee - oh, you are paying it up front.

If we back the negative equity out of the deal, I get $609/mo before tax (using 59% residual and .00152 MF)

Almost 7% off sticker, which is good. Can't tell you if the MF is marked up, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

bakerrrm2 said:

2018 BMW X3 drive 30i

36 month/ 10k a year

But, I don't see a reference to the $925 BMW Acquisition fee - oh, you are paying it up front.

If we back the negative equity out of the deal, I get $609/mo before tax (using 59% residual and .00152 MF)

Almost 7% off sticker, which is good. Can't tell you if the MF is marked up, however.
    Thank you Michaell. $636 sound about right with taxes?
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

Minus $1500 in rebates

What term/mileage?
    Adjusted CAP cost?

36/10k

With the marked up money factor, I get $745/mo.+ Chicago tax (assuming IL tax is in your CAP)

If the selling price is 48400 minus $1500 for $46,900, how does the adjusted CAP get all the way back up to $52,565? $5665? How does that break down?

Net cap should actually be $51,640.5 = (48400+4740.50tax-1500rebates). Does that sound about right now? Overall still a bad deal? Dealer doesn't want to budge on the marked up MF.
  • Options
    bakerrrm2 said:

Michaell said:

bakerrrm2 said:

2018 BMW X3 drive 30i

36 month/ 10k a year

Thank you Michaell. $636 sound about right with taxes?
    If the tax rate is around 4%, then yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

Minus $1500 in rebates

What term/mileage?
    Adjusted CAP cost?

36/10k

Net cap should actually be $51,640.5 = (48400+4740.50tax-1500rebates). Does that sound about right now? Overall still a bad deal? Dealer doesn't want to budge on the marked up MF.

How many BMW dealers are there in the Chicagoland area? Gotta be at least one who is willing to make a deal with the base MF. Keep searching.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

Minus $1500 in rebates

What term/mileage?
    Adjusted CAP cost?

36/10k

There can't be that much tax in the CAP cost. Illinois taxes the sum of payments, not the full selling price. Illinois tax should be in the CAP, but that shouldn't be over $2000 or so. Chicago tax isn't included in the CAP, as it's collected monthly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

Minus $1500 in rebates

What term/mileage?
    Adjusted CAP cost?

36/10k

There can't be that much tax in the CAP cost. Illinois taxes the sum of payments, not the full selling price. Illinois tax should be in the CAP, but that shouldn't be over $2000 or so. Chicago tax isn't included in the CAP, as it's collected monthly.

So I got him to go down to .00152 MF. So the numbers are now...

MSRP $53,470
    Selling Price $48,400
    $1500 in rebates
    MF .00152
  • Options
    ericro55ericro55 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a 2018 X3 M40i to lease in California. I saw the suggestion to try for a 7% discount off MSRP for BMW in general. This is less than invoice and a lot more of a discount than what I see on Edmunds, TrueCar etc.. How realistic is this? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

kyfdx said:

dogz1189 said:

Minus $1500 in rebates

What term/mileage?
    Adjusted CAP cost?

36/10k

So I got him to go down to .00152 MF. So the numbers are now...

MSRP $53,470
    Selling Price $48,400
    $1500 in rebates
    MF .00152

What is the adjusted CAP cost and resulting payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator