Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2018 Jeep Wrangler Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315

What is the "standard" money factor right now on a '18 rubicon unlimited? I know its probably varies based on credit score?

Not certain; it was .00213 last month

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    scoobie123scoobie123 Member Posts: 17
    kyfdx said:

scoobie123 said:
    scoobie123 said:
    Hi does this appear correct for 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited with MSRP of 50095 - (assume that's the selling price), 36/12,000 with 2500 down payment and 2694 fees, tax rate of 7.25%

MF 0.00193 and RV 71% (36/12)

Does this appear correct:

sticker Price MSRP 50095
    Residual Value percentage 0.71
    Residual Value 35567.45
    Negotiated Selling Price 50095
    Fees 2694
    Gross Capitalized Cost 52789
    Capitalized Cost reduction 2500
    Adjusted Capital Cost 50289
    Depreciation Amount - Adj Cap Cost - Residual Value 14721.55
    Base Payment - Depreciation Amount/months of lease 408.93
    Rent Charge - Adj Cap Cost plus residual value X money factor 165.7029485
    Pretax Lease payment - 574.63
    Total Lease Payment 616.30

What is the breakdown of $2694 of fees? 1195 destination charge, 999 dealer fee, (i estimated 500 for title and registration)
    Which state? FL
    What is the total amount Due at Signing? Dont have this number yet - I put 2500 refundable deposit down on a build which will be delivered in a few weeks. They wouldnt talk numbers until it was delivered so I am best guessing.
    Why get a quote from a dealer that isn't discounting? I am not certain they wont discount but they dont seem inclined to discount much.

How can they charge destination on top of your selling price, when you are already paying full MSRP (including destination)?
    +$1000 dealer fee?

If you put down a deposit to order a car, without first negotiating a price, it's doubtful we can help you.

The dealership is Shumacher Chrysler in Delray Beach, FL. I ordered the jeep March 3 and gave them a refundable 2500 deposit. Salesperson would not negotiate a selling price at that time claiming they would only do so when the jeep was delivered as they had no way of knowing what programs or incentives would be offered at the time of delivery. I apologize for creating confusion about this. I was trying to estimate a good ballpark lease number so I estimated fees which I assume are higher than what they will be, but we'll see. I do not have the exact numbers yet and will wait to see what their offer is and return to see if that is a good deal or not. I don't have high hopes. Their "Configuration Preview" Document is the only document they provided which specifies the MSRP plus options. MSRP is $40,995 plus options and a $1445 destination fee. for a total price of $50,095. That's all I know so far. The Jeep is supposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks and then I can negotiate or walk away.
  • Options
    scoobie123scoobie123 Member Posts: 17

Scoobie123....Run from that dealership. You should have been provided a POC when you factory ordered your build. This is the sheet that your dealer would have provided showing your agreed upon sales price. Insane to “await” for the Jeep to show up and then negotiate price.....that is the dealerships way of trying to pressure even more from your pocket. When you factory order; the vehicle is built for you, the window sticker will even read as so. Regardless what we all are telling you here.....you continue down the same path.....My new suggestion to you is just go buy it and enjoy the non-deal you got.

I haven't made any deal yet. I put a refundable deposit down. Thats it. They gave me a "Configuration Preview" doc with the following MSRP $40,995, plus options and a destination fee of $1445 for a total price of $50,095. They would not negotiate anything until the jeep is delivered. We'll see how it shakes out and I will be happy to share what they do offer and see if that is good value or not. Clearly, I am not experienced with this stuff and welcome your insight. Thanks.
  • Options
    ewaetzmanewaetzman Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2018
     Good morning.

I have a general question about Leasing. I had a deal on the table for a 2018 jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL  that seemed too good to be true. The dealer was using a third-party bank that was giving me a residual rate of 74% and a money factor of .0016. On a 39 month lease with 2K down  my payment was about $440 a month. 

I filled out the credit application and that’s where the wheels fell off the bus. Instead of using my credit score, which is in the high 700s, they use something called my auto score. Even though the score was coming from TransUnion it was nearly 90 points lower than my regular TransUnion score. 

This actually brought me into a different tier of pricing and jacked my financing up over $50 a month! I know that you guys are experts on leasing, is this a common practice? 

I appreciate your time and look forward to your answer. Thanks! 
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,200
    ewaetzman said:

Good morning.

I have a general question about Leasing. I had a deal on the table for a 2018 jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL  that seemed too good to be true. The dealer was using a third-party bank that was giving me a residual rate of 74% and a money factor of .0016. On a 39 month lease with 2K down  my payment was about $440 a month. 

I filled out the credit application and that’s where the wheels fell off the bus. Instead of using my credit score, which is in the high 700s, they use something called my auto score. Even though the score was coming from TransUnion it was nearly 90 points lower than my regular TransUnion score. 

This actually brought me into a different tier of pricing and jacked my financing up over $50 a month! I know that you guys are experts on leasing, is this a common practice? 

I appreciate your time and look forward to your answer. Thanks! 

We aren't really familiar with the credit scores.

But, you can have a pretty high credit score, but not have enough credit history to get the top tier rates. That's just a general explanation. Can't tell you why yours came out differently.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    yongmingyongming Member Posts: 90
    What's minimum credit score for standard mf?
  • Options
    badaxe5210badaxe5210 Member Posts: 23
    yongming said:
    I believe Tier1 score as FCA list it is mid 700’s and up.
  • Options
    aug0211aug0211 Member Posts: 37
    straman17 said:
    Word I'm hearing is that MF through Telhio credit union on '18 JLU Sahara is going up - currently at a great rate of .00150, and there's supposed to be a "significant" increase coming - any time between now and May, just depends on when the board approves it. Bummed because I doubt my JL will be in before the increase hits.
    What are the residuals from them do you know?
    69% on 15k/36 mos for a JLU Sahara is what I know there.

Google “CULA” and you can get a good list of accurate RVs (and a helpful price breakdown tool if you know your other numbers already).
  • Options
    yongming said:
    I believe Tier1 score as FCA list it is mid 700’s and up.

My credit score Is 740 and I got 0.00193 for jlu lesse  yay? nay?

• Options
    Seems status quo sir....seen lower and have definitely seen much higher. I call it a win
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    kyfdx said:
    So, first picture is the paper that does not involve with my 18k value trade in accord. 

And then this is the finalized paper that I signed for.
    I dont know why they do that and confusing..

On the one you signed, they increased the price by $2000, but gave you $3000 more for your trade than in the first one.
    Can anyone explain to me why the monthly payment is significantly different? 

1. Msrp46340
       Selling price 41608(me and dealer both agreed 5% under invoice)
      Monthly payment become around $400 

2. Msrp 46340
        Selling price 43608(and this is how the dealer changed the number and they said its same. They convinced me 2k more trade in value equal 2k more selling price.)
     They have 21k trade in value so 2k to trade in offset. 
     It become $470 which I signed.

Now I realized there is big number difference between 1 and 2.(I didnt use the lease calculator at the dealership but i did after I took my Sahara to home.)
    Was I trapped? 

Please explain to me how it calculated.

Seems status quo sir....seen lower and have definitely seen much higher. I call it a win

• Options
    crazyone77crazyone77 Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

What is the "standard" money factor right now on a '18 rubicon unlimited? I know its probably varies based on credit score?

Not certain; it was .00213 last month
    Great thx, I ended up at .00192 with my deal at 71% residual. If it helps anyone.
  • Options
    yongming said:

kyfdx said:

So, first picture is the paper that does not involve with my 18k value trade in accord. 

On the one you signed, they increased the price by $2000, but gave you $3000 more for your trade than in the first one.

1. Msrp46340

2. Msrp 46340
        Selling price 43608(and this is how the dealer changed the number and they said its same. They convinced me 2k more trade in value equal 2k more selling price.)

Now I realized there is big number difference between 1 and 2.(I didnt use the lease calculator at the dealership but i did after I took my Sahara to home.)
    Was I trapped? 

so my concern is that how they gave same monthly payment about $470?
    when i use lease calculator, it was way different payment came out.
    1 was around $400
    2 was around $470 which i signed for....
    Did the dealer tricked me,,,???
    or am i missing something?
  • Options
    yongming said:

yongming said:

kyfdx said:

1. Msrp46340

2. Msrp 46340

Was I trapped? 

1 was around $400

Why did you sign for the higher payment?

If you have signed the contract and taken delivery, there isn't much to do at this point, other than to be more prepared when you lease your next vehicle.

You are still driving a $46,000 Jeep Wrangler for $470/mo, which is a pretty good payment.

Enjoy the new Jeep!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:

1. Msrp46340

2. Msrp 46340

Was I trapped? 

so my concern is that how they gave same monthly payment about $470? when i use lease calculator, it was way different payment came out. 1 was around $400 2 was around $470 which i signed for.... Did the dealer tricked me,,,??? or am i missing something?
    Why did you sign for the higher payment? If you have signed the contract and taken delivery, there isn't much to do at this point, other than to be more prepared when you lease your next vehicle. You are still driving a $46,000 Jeep Wrangler for $470/mo, which is a pretty good payment. Enjoy the new Jeep!

Thanks a lot!
    I'm not really complaining about my monthly payment $474.
    I just wanna make sure I know everything, mathematics. 
    Like you said, I wanna prepare for next lease too.

• Options
    yongming said:

Michaell said:

yongming said:

yongming said:

kyfdx said:

1. Msrp46340

2. Msrp 46340

Was I trapped? 

1 was around $400

If you have signed the contract and taken delivery, there isn't much to do at this point, other than to be more prepared when you lease your next vehicle.

You are still driving a $46,000 Jeep Wrangler for $470/mo, which is a pretty good payment.

Enjoy the new Jeep!

Thanks a lot!

$2000 difference is about $56/mo in payment. Add interest and tax and I can see $74/mo difference.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:

1. Msrp46340

2. Msrp 46340

Was I trapped? 

so my concern is that how they gave same monthly payment about $470? when i use lease calculator, it was way different payment came out. 1 was around $400 2 was around $470 which i signed for.... Did the dealer tricked me,,,??? or am i missing something?
    Why did you sign for the higher payment? If you have signed the contract and taken delivery, there isn't much to do at this point, other than to be more prepared when you lease your next vehicle. You are still driving a $46,000 Jeep Wrangler for $470/mo, which is a pretty good payment. Enjoy the new Jeep!

Thanks a lot!

$2000 difference is about $56/mo in payment. Add interest and tax and I can see $74/mo difference.

Does that mean the dealer increased $2k for trade value and $2k for selling price on purpose to make higher monthly payment correct?

I got quote from carmax. They gave me 18k for my accord which I could completely pay off with 1k balance. Because my pay off balance was19k.
    And then I went to the dealership with the trade in value quote from carmax and I showed it to them. And then they convinced me increasing $2k value and selling price is something..and same monthly payment and I just believe their words..  

• Options
    yongming said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

1. Msrp46340

2. Msrp 46340

Was I trapped? 

1 was around $400

Enjoy the new Jeep!

Thanks a lot!

Does that mean the dealer increased $2k for trade value and $2k for selling price on purpose to make higher monthly payment correct?

I got quote from carmax. They gave me 18k for my accord which I could completely pay off with 1k balance. Because my pay off balance was19k.
    And then I went to the dealership with the trade in value quote from carmax and I showed it to them. And then they convinced me increasing $2k value and selling price is something..and same monthly payment and I just believe their words..  

If the extra $2000 in trade value was put towards the adjusted cap cost, and the starting selling price was also increased $2000, then the payment should have stayed the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    three50bowtiethree50bowtie Member Posts: 24

Hello,

You guys are always extremely helpful! I have been negotiating a 2018 JK Unlimited for about 30 days. I have spent hours discussing prices with several dealers in the area, I have refused to go until I get the right deal. Every dealer I spoke to refused to give me the detail on how they ended up with the payment per month. I have been asking for a quote a 36 mo, 10K lease with 1K down. zip is 91406. Using all the MF and residual info here, I have an idea of what I should be paying but nobody was even close to that. Again, every one refused to send me the breakdown of payment (about 8 different dealers), until today. This is the quote I received, now it makes sense why every dealer was about 45 dollars off on payment vs my calculations. Their residual calculation is on a "Market Value" rather than MSRP. I have never seen this. I have leased many vehicles and all have been based on the MSRP of the car. Negotiate the best price and you have the lowest payment possible.

Is this common for Jeeps? Are you guys aware of this? I have been quoted give or take $20 from every dealer around me.....they all must be calculating the same way.
  • Options

Hello,

You guys are always extremely helpful! I have been negotiating a 2018 JK Unlimited for about 30 days. I have spent hours discussing prices with several dealers in the area, I have refused to go until I get the right deal. Every dealer I spoke to refused to give me the detail on how they ended up with the payment per month. I have been asking for a quote a 36 mo, 10K lease with 1K down. zip is 91406. Using all the MF and residual info here, I have an idea of what I should be paying but nobody was even close to that. Again, every one refused to send me the breakdown of payment (about 8 different dealers), until today. This is the quote I received, now it makes sense why every dealer was about 45 dollars off on payment vs my calculations. Their residual calculation is on a "Market Value" rather than MSRP. I have never seen this. I have leased many vehicles and all have been based on the MSRP of the car. Negotiate the best price and you have the lowest payment possible.

Is this common for Jeeps? Are you guys aware of this? I have been quoted give or take $20 from every dealer around me.....they all must be calculating the same way.

The residual is based on the factory MSRP - bottom line of the window sticker. Can't be modified, so far as I know.

Can you confirm that the "Market Value" and MSRP are one and the same? Lots of dealer software programs rename that item for some reason.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Hello,

Market Value = MSRP

If it were really "market value", then you wouldn't be getting a discount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ckratochvilckratochvil Member Posts: 2
    Hello, would you kindly please give me a residual and MF for a 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Ohio.

36/10
    36/12

• Options
    Michaell said:

Hello,

The residual is based on the factory MSRP - bottom line of the window sticker. Can't be modified, so far as I know.

Can you confirm that the "Market Value" and MSRP are one and the same? Lots of dealer software programs rename that item for some reason.
    MSRP on this vehicle is $36,190. This market value amount is $1690 under MSRP. I have never heard of this and when calling out the dealer, he said this is the way it's done with Jeep. Keep in mind, 8 other dealers refused to disclose how they would get to the monthly payments. They would give me selling price and monthly payments, and refusing to disclose everything in between. I would explain to why I thought they numbers were wrong and none of the dealers would pursue me any longer. Left me puzzled every single time.
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

Hello,

Market Value = MSRP

If it were really "market value", then you wouldn't be getting a discount.
    MSRP is 36,190 on this vehicle. they are selling me the vehicle for $3,000 under MSRP but claiming market value is $34,500. I have never heard of this. All dealers quoted me a monthly payments within $359 - $379. Any tips on how I can get to the end of this? I really want the vehicle but I disagree with how they get the residual and monthly payment.
  • Options

Hello, would you kindly please give me a residual and MF for a 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Ohio.

36/10
    36/12

standard MF and 70% / 69%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Michaell said:

Hello,

MSRP on this vehicle is $36,190. This market value amount is $1690 under MSRP. I have never heard of this and when calling out the dealer, he said this is the way it's done with Jeep. Keep in mind, 8 other dealers refused to disclose how they would get to the monthly payments. They would give me selling price and monthly payments, and refusing to disclose everything in between. I would explain to why I thought they numbers were wrong and none of the dealers would pursue me any longer. Left me puzzled every single time.
    If the dealer tries to submit a contract with the wrong information, it will be kicked back to them by the bank.

But, I'll agree that it's odd you're getting the same story from multiple dealers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Michaell said:

Hello,

Post a picture of the window sticker, and I bet all will become clear.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Hello,

This is the exact vehicle I am negotiating on. Let me know how this will become clear.
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Hello,

This is the exact vehicle I am negotiating on. Let me know how this will become clear.
    $36,190 is the MSRP, and the number upon which the residual is based. Base MSRP + Options + Destination Charge.

Period.

If the number any dealer uses for the residual calculation isn't this one, they are wrong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Hello,

Wow... not clear at all. :(

Possible reasons:
    1) They've substituted a different, lower price unit for the calculations (likely)
    2) Chrysler Capital has a maximum residualized amount for this model (very unlikely)
    3) Some other reason we don't know about (slightly possible)

I'm betting on #1.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Hello,

Possible reasons:
    1) They've substituted a different, lower price unit for the calculations (likely)
    2) Chrysler Capital has a maximum residualized amount for this model (very unlikely)

I'm betting on #1.

I will report back if I find out any more information. I am puzzled as well. I have leased 5 vehicles in the past and have never ran into this issue.
  • Options

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Hello,

Possible reasons:

I'm betting on #1.

I will report back if I find out any more information. I am puzzled as well. I have leased 5 vehicles in the past and have never ran into this issue.
    Keep in mind that I was wrong the last time... but, I'm still betting on #1. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    silverway780silverway780 Member Posts: 24
    Would someone double check these figures as I am getting $426.65 with a tax rate of 7.75% and the dealer comes up with $481.45. Trying to find the discrepancy. 

This is with $1,500 down.

MSRP    $43,705

Selling Price   $41,643

Residual 75%

Residual at end of lease $32,779

Money Factor   .00215

Payment before tax $447

With Tax          $481.45

License and registration fees    $652.75
  • Options
    alludcalludc Member Posts: 36
    Slightly frustrated, because Id like to provide you all with full details, but I can only share what was shared with me. Im working on a 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. 9% off sticker, so Im feelin good there, but does the bottom line make sense with current MF and residual? I feel like its inflated a bit. Can you compute with the info provided?

47,665 msrp. sell price 42,382.
    36/12 lease, $3500 total at signing
    699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518
  • Options

Would someone double check these figures as I am getting $426.65 with a tax rate of 7.75% and the dealer comes up with $481.45. Trying to find the discrepancy. 

This is with $1,500 down.

MSRP    $43,705

Selling Price   $41,643

Residual 75%

Residual at end of lease $32,779

Money Factor   .00215

Payment before tax $447

With Tax          $481.45

License and registration fees    $652.75
    Where is the $595 acquisition fee? That will add $16-17/mo

What cap cost are you using for your payment calculation? What is the dealer using? Figuring out that difference may answer your question.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    alludc said:

Slightly frustrated, because Id like to provide you all with full details, but I can only share what was shared with me. Im working on a 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. 9% off sticker, so Im feelin good there, but does the bottom line make sense with current MF and residual? I feel like its inflated a bit. Can you compute with the info provided?

699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

What state is this, that the tax is so much?

What does the $3500 cover?

Since we don't know the actual MF, we can't tell you if the dealer is marking it up or not.

Standard MF and 71% for 36/12,

If we assume the MF is .00215, I get a payment of $560/mo with the MSRP and net sales price

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

alludc said:

699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

Since we don't know the actual MF, we can't tell you if the dealer is marking it up or not.

If we assume the MF is .00215, I get a payment of $560/mo with the MSRP and net sales price

I put the 3500 as I knew that would cover the tax. Thats typically what I choose to do on my leases here in Scottsdale AZ. its 7.95%
  • Options
    ravgillravgill Member Posts: 3
    what will be MF and residual for 2018 JL Rubicon for 10k/36 months for 92336 zip code ?

does the MF and residuals change by zip codes for same state ?
  • Options
    alludc said:

Michaell said:

alludc said:

699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

I put the 3500 as I knew that would cover the tax. Thats typically what I choose to do on my leases here in Scottsdale AZ. its 7.95%
    AZ doesn't tax upfront on a lease, do they? Don't they tax the payment, monthly?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ravgill said:

what will be MF and residual for 2018 JL Rubicon for 10k/36 months for 92336 zip code ?

does the MF and residuals change by zip codes for same state ?

2-door or Unlimited?

Chrysler has regional programs, but the money factors and residuals don't seem to vary. They definitely won't change by zip code

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

alludc said:

Michaell said:

alludc said:

699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

AZ doesn't tax upfront on a lease, do they? Don't they tax the payment, monthly?
    no, not up front. its in the payment. Its figured in the 518 I showed. I just listed it here, as it was one of the few figures I had on the paperwork. At the end of the day, the 518 number does look very good to me, I was just trying to verify, with the info I had.
  • Options
    alludc said:

kyfdx said:

alludc said:

Michaell said:

alludc said:

699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

no, not up front. its in the payment. Its figured in the 518 I showed. I just listed it here, as it was one of the few figures I had on the paperwork. At the end of the day, the 518 number does look very good to me, I was just trying to verify, with the info I had.
    That sales tax number has nothing to do with a lease. The total tax on this car, even collected monthly is going to be less than $1800.

But, it does seem like a lot of garbage added.. $699 options?
    And, who knows what they've done with the money factor.

I'd get the adjusted CAP cost, and how they calculated it. I'll bet you find more garbage in there, once you get the details, and the money factor.

That would be a decent deal with $1000 due at signing, but not $3500

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    straman17straman17 Member Posts: 63
    So has the Standard MF for April been established to be .00193 or .00215?
  • Options
    straman17 said:

So has the Standard MF for April been established to be .00193 or .00215?

We don't know.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

alludc said:

kyfdx said:

alludc said:

Michaell said:

alludc said:

699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

That sales tax number has nothing to do with a lease. The total tax on this car, even collected monthly is going to be less than $1800.

I'd get the adjusted CAP cost, and how they calculated it. I'll bet you find more garbage in there, once you get the details, and the money factor.

adjusted cap cost is 41429.21
    hes saying MF through ally on this deal is .004166
    77% residual
    the 699 is tint and somethin, I usually wait til the bitter end of the deal to tell them to piss off on that.

and to recap...
    699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

479.99 base payment
    518.15 total payment
    purchase option 35939.75
    1st payment 518.15
    fees&insurance 1206.25 (499 doc, 687 lieu tax, title 5.50, tires 5, postage 1.50)
    upfront taxes 130.75
    cap reduction 1644
  • Options
    alludc said:

kyfdx said:

alludc said:

kyfdx said:

alludc said:

Michaell said:

alludc said:

699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

77% residual
    the 699 is tint and somethin, I usually wait til the bitter end of the deal to tell them to piss off on that.

and to recap...
    699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

479.99 base payment
    518.15 total payment
    purchase option 35939.75
    1st payment 518.15
    fees&insurance 1206.25 (499 doc, 687 lieu tax, title 5.50, tires 5, postage 1.50)
    upfront taxes 130.75
    cap reduction 1644
    HOLY S*&%.....you do realize that's a 10% APR equivalent right????
  • Options

alludc said:

kyfdx said:

alludc said:

kyfdx said:

alludc said:

Michaell said:

alludc said:

699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

77% residual

and to recap...
    699 options
    1199 fees
    3425 sales tax
    Net Sales price $47,706

Payment = $518

479.99 base payment
    518.15 total payment
    purchase option 35939.75
    1st payment 518.15
    upfront taxes 130.75
    cap reduction 1644
    as soon as he told me, I knew it was insanity. didnt realize 10, but knew to run away. I thought I was in good shape until then. shows how little I know. On to the next, see you in the bmw x3 forum
  • Options
    alludc said:
    Slightly frustrated, because Id like to provide you all with full details, but I can only share what was shared with me. Im working on a 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. 9% off sticker, so Im feelin good there, but does the bottom line make sense with current MF and residual? I feel like its inflated a bit. Can you compute with the info provided? 47,665 msrp. sell price 42,382. 36/12 lease, $3500 total at signing 699 options 1199 fees 3425 sales tax Net Sales price $47,706 Payment = $518
    What state is this, that the tax is so much? What does the $3500 cover? Since we don't know the actual MF, we can't tell you if the dealer is marking it up or not. Standard MF and 71% for 36/12, If we assume the MF is .00215, I get a payment of $560/mo with the MSRP and net sales price
    That sales tax number has nothing to do with a lease. The total tax on this car, even collected monthly is going to be less than $1800. But, it does seem like a lot of garbage added.. $699 options? And, who knows what they've done with the money factor. I'd get the adjusted CAP cost, and how they calculated it. I'll bet you find more garbage in there, once you get the details, and the money factor. That would be a decent deal with $1000 due at signing, but not $3500
    adjusted cap cost is 41429.21 hes saying MF through ally on this deal is .004166 77% residual the 699 is tint and somethin, I usually wait til the bitter end of the deal to tell them to piss off on that. and to recap... 47,665 msrp. sell price 42,382. 36/12 lease, $3500 total at signing 699 options 1199 fees 3425 sales tax Net Sales price $47,706 Payment = $518 479.99 base payment 518.15 total payment purchase option 35939.75 1st payment 518.15 fees&insurance 1206.25 (499 doc, 687 lieu tax, title 5.50, tires 5, postage 1.50) upfront taxes 130.75 cap reduction 1644
    as soon as he told me, I knew it was insanity. didnt realize 10, but knew to run away. I thought I was in good shape until then. shows how little I know. On to the next, see you in the bmw x3 forum
    For next time: just take the MF and multiply it by 2400.
    Ex: .004166 x 2400 = 9.999%
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    it gets better now that I told him to go away.
    he tells me, he can change it from the .00416 mf and 77% residual to .00195 mf and 70% residual but it will increase my payment 50 more.

Im a lil green when it comes to leases, but I did take a few math classes here and there.

EDIT***
    Just emailed me a brand new deal. Suddenly, its 64 a month cheaper. using US Bank, and im assuming his .00195 he mentioned

46675msrp
    4975 discount
    41500 selling price
    699 options
    42199 sub total
    1212 fees
    3354 tax
    net sales price 46767
    all in payment 454.81
  • Options
    alludc said:

it gets better now that I told him to go away.
    he tells me, he can change it from the .00416 mf and 77% residual to .00195 mf and 70% residual but it will increase my payment 50 more.

Im a lil green when it comes to leases, but I did take a few math classes here and there.

EDIT***
    Just emailed me a brand new deal. Suddenly, its 64 a month cheaper. using US Bank, and im assuming his .00195 he mentioned

46675msrp
    4975 discount
    41500 selling price
    699 options
    42199 sub total
    1212 fees
    3354 tax
    net sales price 46767
    all in payment 454.81

Dealers like to go for the "home run" quote the first time around; when you refuse, it's amazing how much better the deal can get.

Relative to MSRP, that isn't a bad payment.

What I find interesting is that you're cross shopping a Wrangler with an X3. :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator