2018 Honda Accord Lease Deals and Prices

1235753

Comments

  • cjh5858cjh5858 Member Posts: 20
    djrich said:

    cjh5858 said:

    Michaell said:

    kyfdx said:

    kyfdx said:



    That's not how you figure the tax in FL
    The payment is taxed, each month. Not totaled, then added.
    It won't change much, doing it the way you did it, but it's a difference.

    Where is the $1000 CAP reduction coming from?

    If you make a security deposit, the money factor will drop to .00200

    Not a cheap car to lease.

    That's just the exact formatting he sent me, not a calculation I did. He said there's a $1,000 Honda down payment assistance or incentive thing.

    Just trying to understand if it's a good deal or not.
    It's a pretty big discount, but of course, they are taking back $799 for a dealer fee.
    It's a decent deal for this vehicle, but it's still expensive, relative to MSRP.

    I'd want to know what else I could lease for $475/mo?
    Acura TLX?
    I think the TLX is a better deal than the Accord right now. I'm at the end of my 2015 Accord lease, but best deal I could get is $499 + tax Sign & Drive. Love the Accord but can't justify that $$. Went and looked at the TLX last week and it handled better than the Accord. I got an initial online Sign & Drive quote for the TLX 2.4 FWD Tech of $359 + Tax and TLX 3.5 FWD Tech for $399 + tax in MA. Tax is 6.25%. Only first month due at signing. I plan to try and work the TLX deals lower if I can before signing.
    Check out the Acura.
    I am in the same position with a '15 Accord and the TLX deals are very good.
    Dealers are discounting the Accord but the Standard MF and no lease incentive makes it ridiculous to get UNLESS you want the car NOW !
    Other option is to extend your current Accord lease and wait for the new Accord to lease better, if it ever does!
    You can extend your current lease upto 2 times (any number of months) for a total of 1 year extension. You can extend say for 6 mths., but have the option to turn it in at the end on anyone of those month periods without issue or penalty.
  • djrichdjrich Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2018

    Other option is to extend your current Accord lease and wait for the new Accord to lease better, if it ever does!
    You can extend your current lease upto 2 times (any number of months) for a total of 1 year extension. You can extend say for 6 mths., but have the option to turn it in at the end on anyone of those month periods without issue or penalty.
    -----------
    I know.. but the Accord won't sit without incentives for long, inventory is piling up and this is an SUV demanding market. The Accord is not the CRV or Pilot !
  • rbgoblue03rbgoblue03 Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2018
    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers:

    MSRP: $32860
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: $19058.80
    Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive).
    Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment)
    Monthly Payment: $378.31

    I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148

    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers:

    MSRP: $32860
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: $19058.80
    Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive).
    Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment)
    Monthly Payment: $378.31

    I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.

    What is the adjusted cap cost?

    Hard to calculate without that information.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • rbgoblue03rbgoblue03 Member Posts: 6
    cap cost $29270
  • rbgoblue03rbgoblue03 Member Posts: 6
    Michaell said:

    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers:

    MSRP: $32860
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: $19058.80
    Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive).
    Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment)
    Monthly Payment: $378.31

    I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.

    What is the adjusted cap cost?

    Hard to calculate without that information.
    Cap Cost of $29270
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148

    Michaell said:

    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers:

    MSRP: $32860
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: $19058.80
    Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive).
    Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment)
    Monthly Payment: $378.31

    I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.

    What is the adjusted cap cost?

    Hard to calculate without that information.
    Cap Cost of $29270
    I get $385/mo with those numbers. Pretty close to the dealer quote of $378/mo.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • rbgoblue03rbgoblue03 Member Posts: 6
    Michaell said:
    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers: MSRP: $32860 MF: 0.0021 Residual: $19058.80 Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive). Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment) Monthly Payment: $378.31 I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.
    What is the adjusted cap cost? Hard to calculate without that information.
    Cap Cost of $29270
    I get $385/mo with those numbers. Pretty close to the dealer quote of $378/mo.

    Could you please explain how you got to that number?

    Also do you think this is a good deal? 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148


    Michaell said:

    Michaell said:

    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers:

    MSRP: $32860
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: $19058.80
    Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive).
    Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment)
    Monthly Payment: $378.31

    I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.

    What is the adjusted cap cost?

    Hard to calculate without that information.
    Cap Cost of $29270
    I get $385/mo with those numbers. Pretty close to the dealer quote of $378/mo.

    Could you please explain how you got to that number?

    Also do you think this is a good deal? 

    Here is a screen shot of my worksheet:



    We don't track prices; if you're comfortable with the discount from sticker, then it's a good deal for you.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • rbgoblue03rbgoblue03 Member Posts: 6
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers: MSRP: $32860 MF: 0.0021 Residual: $19058.80 Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive). Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment) Monthly Payment: $378.31 I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.
    What is the adjusted cap cost? Hard to calculate without that information.
    Cap Cost of $29270
    I get $385/mo with those numbers. Pretty close to the dealer quote of $378/mo.

    Could you please explain how you got to that number?

    Also do you think this is a good deal? 
    Here is a screen shot of my worksheet: We don't track prices; if you're comfortable with the discount from sticker, then it's a good deal for you.
    Thank you so much for your help! 
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    Michaell said:


    Michaell said:

    Michaell said:

    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers:

    MSRP: $32860
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: $19058.80
    Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive).
    Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment)
    Monthly Payment: $378.31

    I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.

    What is the adjusted cap cost?

    Hard to calculate without that information.
    Cap Cost of $29270
    I get $385/mo with those numbers. Pretty close to the dealer quote of $378/mo.

    Could you please explain how you got to that number?

    Also do you think this is a good deal? 
    Here is a screen shot of my worksheet:



    We don't track prices; if you're comfortable with the discount from sticker, then it's a good deal for you.


    Any shot you're willing to share your spreadsheet, please? O:)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148
    cowbawx said:

    Michaell said:


    Michaell said:

    Michaell said:

    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers:

    MSRP: $32860
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: $19058.80
    Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive).
    Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment)
    Monthly Payment: $378.31

    I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.

    What is the adjusted cap cost?

    Hard to calculate without that information.
    Cap Cost of $29270
    I get $385/mo with those numbers. Pretty close to the dealer quote of $378/mo.

    Could you please explain how you got to that number?

    Also do you think this is a good deal? 
    Here is a screen shot of my worksheet:



    We don't track prices; if you're comfortable with the discount from sticker, then it's a good deal for you.
    Any shot you're willing to share your spreadsheet, please? O:)

    You can build your own, with this link:

    https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    Michaell said:

    cowbawx said:

    Michaell said:


    Michaell said:

    Michaell said:

    Just got a quote on a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0L for a 36 month lease with 12K miles. I am in Georgia. Same position with lease on 2015 Accord ending at the end of the month. Here are the numbers:

    MSRP: $32860
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: $19058.80
    Drive off check amount (ie down payment): $2000 (of my own) and $1000 (dealer cash incentive).
    Title, tax, acquisition fee, GATAVT total = $1339.86 (coming from the down payment)
    Monthly Payment: $378.31

    I can't get the math to add up. Was hoping for help. Thanks in advance.

    What is the adjusted cap cost?

    Hard to calculate without that information.
    Cap Cost of $29270
    I get $385/mo with those numbers. Pretty close to the dealer quote of $378/mo.

    Could you please explain how you got to that number?

    Also do you think this is a good deal? 
    Here is a screen shot of my worksheet:



    We don't track prices; if you're comfortable with the discount from sticker, then it's a good deal for you.
    Any shot you're willing to share your spreadsheet, please? O:)
    You can build your own, with this link:

    https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

    Thanks!
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    How on earth do I calculate NYS Sales Tax on a lease? According to the NYS website - it varies by DEALER... wth Taxing the monthly payment is NOT accurate, as NYS charges tax on acquisition fee, incentive/rebates, down payments....
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148
    cowbawx said:

    How on earth do I calculate NYS Sales Tax on a lease? According to the NYS website - it varies by DEALER... wth Taxing the monthly payment is NOT accurate, as NYS charges tax on acquisition fee, incentive/rebates, down payments....

    NY taxes the sum of the payments, and collects the money up front. We recommend you pay the taxes at lease signing

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    Just wondering -- why? Why not roll it into the lease? :s
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148
    cowbawx said:

    Just wondering -- why? Why not roll it into the lease? :s

    Up until about a week or two ago, we would have recommended that.

    But, there was a poster on another thread who extensively researched this issue and found that if you do that, the tax amount is taxed again. This, apparently, is something unique to NY State. Other states that collect the tax up front (NY and OH, for example), don't tax the capped taxes.

    So, we've changed our tune.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    Interesting.. Not sure I completely understand though... When you say "the tax amount is taxed again" -- how? So you're saying just pay all of the state tax, cash down? I thought putting anything down on a vehicle could be money down the toilet, if say, for example, the vehicle is totaled after a month?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148
    cowbawx said:

    Interesting.. Not sure I completely understand though... When you say "the tax amount is taxed again" -- how? So you're saying just pay all of the state tax, cash down? I thought putting anything down on a vehicle could be money down the toilet, if say, for example, the vehicle is totaled after a month?

    Yes, that is true - any up front money beyond the first payment and registration costs are at risk.

    Here is the information we received from the other poster. I do not verify the accuracy of what is presented, just copying it for your reference:

    NY Dept of Taxation Publication 839, the key takeaway is highlighted below:

    "If the dealer/lessor is willing to lend the amount of tax due to the lessee, it will have to re-compute the total amount of the monthly lease payments and thus the total amount due under the lease, in order to recover the principal amount of the loan, plus any interest on that principal. As a consequence of the dealer/lessor increasing the amount of the monthly lease payments to recover the money loaned (plus any interest), the dealer/lessor will also have to increase the amount of sales tax due on the increased lease payments. This will result in a higher tax due than if the lessee paid the tax in full at the time of entering into the lease. "

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2018
    Michaell said:

    cowbawx said:

    Interesting.. Not sure I completely understand though... When you say "the tax amount is taxed again" -- how? So you're saying just pay all of the state tax, cash down? I thought putting anything down on a vehicle could be money down the toilet, if say, for example, the vehicle is totaled after a month?

    Yes, that is true - any up front money beyond the first payment and registration costs are at risk.

    Here is the information we received from the other poster. I do not verify the accuracy of what is presented, just copying it for your reference:

    NY Dept of Taxation Publication 839, the key takeaway is highlighted below:

    "If the dealer/lessor is willing to lend the amount of tax due to the lessee, it will have to re-compute the total amount of the monthly lease payments and thus the total amount due under the lease, in order to recover the principal amount of the loan, plus any interest on that principal. As a consequence of the dealer/lessor increasing the amount of the monthly lease payments to recover the money loaned (plus any interest), the dealer/lessor will also have to increase the amount of sales tax due on the increased lease payments. This will result in a higher tax due than if the lessee paid the tax in full at the time of entering into the lease. "

    That's interesting. Thank you. I understand it now, but that's annoying lol So either I pay up front to get charged less, or I pay all but get charged more... The question is- how much more am I paying if I have it rolled up? If I get the difference, can you tell me if it's worth it? What would be the magic number that makes it worth it?
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    One other question - how important is it that the lease agreement MATCH what the numbers are? In other words, if the dealer tells me $400/month - do I care how he gets there as long as the numbers add up correctly? ... Do I care what's written, as long as the MF, Residual, and all of that line up properly? Should the lease agreement ALWAYS match what actually happens? i.e. If I put no money down, just first month and DMV, should the lease agreement have that I put down $2500 ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,951
    cowbawx said:

    One other question - how important is it that the lease agreement MATCH what the numbers are? In other words, if the dealer tells me $400/month - do I care how he gets there as long as the numbers add up correctly? ... Do I care what's written, as long as the MF, Residual, and all of that line up properly? Should the lease agreement ALWAYS match what actually happens? i.e. If I put no money down, just first month and DMV, should the lease agreement have that I put down $2500 ?

    1) In NY, any amount of tax added to the CAP is effectively re-taxed. So, if it's $1500, then by adding it, you pay $1500 X tax rate extra. Probably even a little more, since the tax is subject to the money factor, as well.

    2) There should be an explanation, at least. It's possible that $2500 down is covered by a $2500 rebate, but that should be apparent on the paperwork. There are no secrets on a lease contract, except possibly the actual money factor used.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2018
    Thanks. So I got an offer. Tax down - $1452.45 plus first month and DMV at signing. 56% Residual, cost of vehicle is $31650.45. They showed me the money factor at .00220 (not .00200 - why?) tax is calculated at 1452.45 (how did they get that #? what should the adj (net) cap cost be? I'm not sure. They will only give base cap cost to me.) monthly payments are $440/month for 36 months. Is there any other info you need? Just not sure why my calculations aren't correct. Tax rate is 8.625% .. I think it would be on the $1000 (that they are giving me back in flex cash) plus the $595 bank fee, and the depreciated cost, right? Thnks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148
    cowbawx said:

    Thanks. So I got an offer. Tax down - $1452.45 plus first month and DMV at signing. 56% Residual, cost of vehicle is $31650.45. They showed me the money factor at .00220 (not .00200 - why?) tax is calculated at 1452.45 (how did they get that #? what should the adj (net) cap cost be? I'm not sure. They will only give base cap cost to me.) monthly payments are $440/month for 36 months. Is there any other info you need? Just not sure why my calculations aren't correct. Tax rate is 8.625% .. I think it would be on the $1000 (that they are giving me back in flex cash) plus the $595 bank fee, and the depreciated cost, right? Thnks in advance!

    What is the MSRP?

    Dealer can mark up the MF for a bit of extra profit.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    34690 - the MF that was on the sheet of paper he printed out did not indicate the dealer marked it up. it indicates a "**" denoted at the bottom of the page to indicate mark ups. it's (according to them) not something they usually show customers. I did see 56% residual with a 2% "bump" - they claim it is because of 12k miles/year. they told me that was excellent credit (without running check) that .00220 is the lowest for this vehicle. there was a space for them to mark it up, but I saw it - and it was not... how do I prove they are? it does not appear so but I have no idea, unless another dealer tells me the same MF?
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    31779 is the price of the vehicle that the dealer paid for it - they will give it to me for 31650... maybe even 31450.
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    @Michaell did you receive my private message?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148
    cowbawx said:

    34690 - the MF that was on the sheet of paper he printed out did not indicate the dealer marked it up. it indicates a "**" denoted at the bottom of the page to indicate mark ups. it's (according to them) not something they usually show customers. I did see 56% residual with a 2% "bump" - they claim it is because of 12k miles/year. they told me that was excellent credit (without running check) that .00220 is the lowest for this vehicle. there was a space for them to mark it up, but I saw it - and it was not... how do I prove they are? it does not appear so but I have no idea, unless another dealer tells me the same MF?

    Base MF is .00210, but if you go in with $0 security deposit, then .00010 is added.

    Yes, 58% is the correct residual to account for the 12K miles

    I need to know the MSRP - the sticker price.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,148
    cowbawx said:

    @Michaell did you receive my private message?

    With 200+ threads to monitor, I don't get to my PMs. Feel free to post your information here.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    Michaell said:

    cowbawx said:

    34690 - the MF that was on the sheet of paper he printed out did not indicate the dealer marked it up. it indicates a "**" denoted at the bottom of the page to indicate mark ups. it's (according to them) not something they usually show customers. I did see 56% residual with a 2% "bump" - they claim it is because of 12k miles/year. they told me that was excellent credit (without running check) that .00220 is the lowest for this vehicle. there was a space for them to mark it up, but I saw it - and it was not... how do I prove they are? it does not appear so but I have no idea, unless another dealer tells me the same MF?

    Base MF is .00210, but if you go in with $0 security deposit, then .00010 is added.

    Yes, 58% is the correct residual to account for the 12K miles

    I need to know the MSRP - the sticker price.
    They gave me 56% residual, which included the 2% bump. So it was 56% total. The MF was .00220 - thought that was best credit tier rating? Why would a security deposit be required for people with excellent credit?
    kyfdx said:

    cowbawx said:

    If I have an 800+ credit score, on a 1.5 Accord Touring, for 12/36, is the BEST money factor still only .00200 on a lease?

    Yes.. that's for top tier.
    ... is that incorrect, then?

    Does this look right to you? The NYS Tax is coming up over $300 short from what they gave me... don't understand how. But the monthly payment (without tax rolled in) is coming up almost accurate. $439 - they gave me $440....
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2018
    On a different subject - what is the MF and Residual for top tier credit in NY for Accord 2018 EX-L? Through HFS... and is it reasonable to get a car 1000 below invoice to get the 1000 flex cash? The dealer won't make any money on the car, if there are no extra 'fees', right?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,951
    @cowbawx .00210 is the base MF, if you are making a security deposit.
    .00220 without security deposit.

    Sorry, the standard rate went up by .00010 this month, and I missed it.

    I'll be happy to check your residual, if you tell me which trim, again. Too many posts above to find it.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2018
    .
    kyfdx said:

    @cowbawx .00210 is the base MF, if you are making a security deposit.
    .00220 without security deposit.

    Sorry, the standard rate went up by .00010 this month, and I missed it.

    I'll be happy to check your residual, if you tell me which trim, again. Too many posts above to find it.



    OK thank you. It's ok. Just thought they were cheating me when I went there. I request the MF and residual for the Accord Touring 1.5T and the EX-L 1.5
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    They want $480/month for 36 months with everything rolled up except DMV And first month. That's for the touring. that's a lot, no?
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    kyfdx said:

    @cowbawx .00210 is the base MF, if you are making a security deposit.
    .00220 without security deposit.

    Sorry, the standard rate went up by .00010 this month, and I missed it.

    I'll be happy to check your residual, if you tell me which trim, again. Too many posts above to find it.

    When would I get the security deposit back if I put it down? Why would someone with excellent credit need to put one?
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2018
    kyfdx said:

    @cowbawx .00210 is the base MF, if you are making a security deposit.
    .00220 without security deposit.

    Sorry, the standard rate went up by .00010 this month, and I missed it.

    Would you be able to assist me with the chart I posted as well? or is that a @michaell thing? :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,951
    cowbawx said:

    .

    kyfdx said:

    @cowbawx .00210 is the base MF, if you are making a security deposit.
    .00220 without security deposit.

    Sorry, the standard rate went up by .00010 this month, and I missed it.

    I'll be happy to check your residual, if you tell me which trim, again. Too many posts above to find it.



    OK thank you. It's ok. Just thought they were cheating me when I went there. I request the MF and residual for the Accord Touring 1.5T and the EX-L 1.5
    36/12:
    EXL = 58% residual
    EXL w/NAV = 57% residual
    Touring = 56% residual

    Same residuals for 2.0T, as well.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,951
    cowbawx said:

    They want $480/month for 36 months with everything rolled up except DMV And first month. That's for the touring. that's a lot, no?

    I'd say that's a pretty typical quote for that model.

    Yes, it's a lot of money for a $36K MSRP vehicle.

    I'd look to lease an Acura TLX or a Maxima, or any other number of vehicles, before I'd drop over $450/mo. on an Accord.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,951
    cowbawx said:

    kyfdx said:

    @cowbawx .00210 is the base MF, if you are making a security deposit.
    .00220 without security deposit.

    Sorry, the standard rate went up by .00010 this month, and I missed it.

    I'll be happy to check your residual, if you tell me which trim, again. Too many posts above to find it.

    When would I get the security deposit back if I put it down? Why would someone with excellent credit need to put one?
    The security deposit is refunded at lease end. It's definitely worth putting it up, to save .00010 on the MF.

    Honda is sort of weird. Any vehicle with a subvented money factor (like the Civic at .00124) has the security deposit waived. It's only the vehicles that get the "standard" money factor that require a security deposit.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,951
    cowbawx said:

    kyfdx said:

    @cowbawx .00210 is the base MF, if you are making a security deposit.
    .00220 without security deposit.

    Sorry, the standard rate went up by .00010 this month, and I missed it.

    Would you be able to assist me with the chart I posted as well? or is that a @michaell thing? :)
    NYS taxes the full payment, not just depreciation.
    So, tax on (depreciation + total rent charge).

    I didn't check the math, but that's likely where the disconnect on taxes is coming from.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2018
    kyfdx said:

    cowbawx said:

    kyfdx said:

    @cowbawx .00210 is the base MF, if you are making a security deposit.
    .00220 without security deposit.

    Sorry, the standard rate went up by .00010 this month, and I missed it.

    Would you be able to assist me with the chart I posted as well? or is that a @michaell thing? :)
    NYS taxes the full payment, not just depreciation.
    So, tax on (depreciation + total rent charge).

    I didn't check the math, but that's likely where the disconnect on taxes is coming from.
    I took the 595 bank fee away and that worked. Weird. I already had the depeciation, total rent charge and 1000 rebate in there. Taking away the bank fee worked - maybe screw up on their end. I don't know.
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2018
    kyfdx said:

    cowbawx said:

    They want $480/month for 36 months with everything rolled up except DMV And first month. That's for the touring. that's a lot, no?

    I'd say that's a pretty typical quote for that model.

    Yes, it's a lot of money for a $36K MSRP vehicle.

    I'd look to lease an Acura TLX or a Maxima, or any other number of vehicles, before I'd drop over $450/mo. on an Accord.
    You think an EXL with Nav would be OK ? at about $405 monthly with no security (assuming vehicle price is 28k). How much is security, anyway? The security only takes away $5/month. That worth doing?
  • rbgoblue03rbgoblue03 Member Posts: 6
    Ended up signing a lease. MSRP $32860, 2018 Accord 2.0L EX-L, $2000 drive off check (includes taxes, acquisition and dealer fees, and first months payment), $376 monthly, 12K miles a year.

    The biggest difference between touring and EX-L is heads up display, wireless charging, and built in honda navigation. With apple/android carplay, navigation is not necessary. The screen gives you turn by turn directions with the map on display with apple carplay so we didn't need the navigation.

    Honestly we went to 5 Honda dealerships around the greater Atlanta area. 2 of the dealerships didn't even give us a realistic quote. They said it's going to be 500+ payment a month for a 0 down lease which was ridiculous. Out of the other three dealers, this one was by far the best deal we could find.

    Good luck!
  • jcastagninojcastagnino Member Posts: 63
    Can someone give me the MF and residual for a 36mo 12k lease in NJ, zip 07066

    Touring 2.0T Automatic
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,951
    cowbawx said:

    kyfdx said:

    cowbawx said:

    They want $480/month for 36 months with everything rolled up except DMV And first month. That's for the touring. that's a lot, no?

    I'd say that's a pretty typical quote for that model.

    Yes, it's a lot of money for a $36K MSRP vehicle.

    I'd look to lease an Acura TLX or a Maxima, or any other number of vehicles, before I'd drop over $450/mo. on an Accord.
    You think an EXL with Nav would be OK ? at about $405 monthly with no security (assuming vehicle price is 28k). How much is security, anyway? The security only takes away $5/month. That worth doing?
    Whatever you are willing to pay is okay. I don't see value in a $28K MSRP vehicle for $400/mo. though.

    The security deposit is the monthly payment, rounded up to the next $25 increment.

    So, they'll pay you $5/month, every month, for holding your $500. That's a 12% after-tax return.
    Granted, you are only making the money on $500, so in the big picture, it's not a large thing, but that would be worth it, to me.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,951

    Can someone give me the MF and residual for a 36mo 12k lease in NJ, zip 07066

    Touring 2.0T Automatic

    .00210 MF and 56% residual

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2018
    kyfdx said:

    cowbawx said:

    kyfdx said:

    cowbawx said:

    They want $480/month for 36 months with everything rolled up except DMV And first month. That's for the touring. that's a lot, no?

    I'd say that's a pretty typical quote for that model.

    Yes, it's a lot of money for a $36K MSRP vehicle.

    I'd look to lease an Acura TLX or a Maxima, or any other number of vehicles, before I'd drop over $450/mo. on an Accord.
    You think an EXL with Nav would be OK ? at about $405 monthly with no security (assuming vehicle price is 28k). How much is security, anyway? The security only takes away $5/month. That worth doing?
    Whatever you are willing to pay is okay. I don't see value in a $28K MSRP vehicle for $400/mo. though.

    The security deposit is the monthly payment, rounded up to the next $25 increment.

    So, they'll pay you $5/month, every month, for holding your $500. That's a 12% after-tax return.
    Granted, you are only making the money on $500, so in the big picture, it's not a large thing, but that would be worth it, to me.
    28k is negotiated price of vehicle, MSRP is 30,860 - do you see value in that?

    Thanks for the explanation of the security. You make sense. :)
  • jcastagninojcastagnino Member Posts: 63
    Wow very high interest for a honda 
  • cowbawxcowbawx Member Posts: 71

    Wow very high interest for a honda 

    yeah. tell me about !! :(
  • cjh5858cjh5858 Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2018

    Wow very high interest for a honda 

    If you really want a Honda Product, the Acura TLX is a much better lease right now. At least $100 less per month.
    Looks like you could do a Lexus ES for the same or less than the Accord also. I'm hoping Honda will provide normal leases in March, when I turn it my current Accord lease. If not, Acura it is!
Sign In or Register to comment.