Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Automatic or manual?
  • olddog7olddog7 Member Posts: 23
    Hi, my first posting, but I have enjoyed reading others posts. Just purchased my first Camry, an LE 4cyl, only other option was the carpet mats. Price was $17,988, one of "only 25 available" here in Los Angeles. I also recieved a "graduating senior"(from college) rebate off, making the price $17,588. It is an automatic, Barcelona Red and I love it! Had to go around and be screwed around quite a bit before I got the price I wanted. To the person buying the CE in Florida for 20K, I say hold off, the price sounds too high, plus the '08's should be coming soon. Search around. Also got the 2.9% 3yr financing due to good credit. I did not purchase any of their high priced add-ons including a warranty, as I can get that from another dealership out of state. Nor did I have a trade-in for that price. I could almost write a book with my attempts to buy a Camry experiences.
  • cdfno1cdfno1 Member Posts: 3
    It's automatic.
  • fishfry1fishfry1 Member Posts: 1
    Bobafett, Can you provide a scanned copy of the invoice for your purchase? My local dealer in New England will match any internet sale if provided with proof of invoice. If so, can you please send to my email (dfishkind@charter.net). Thanks Fishfry1
  • tirastiras Member Posts: 1
    Hi, just been quoted the price for $27400 in NJ for the 2007 Camry XLE V6 without navigation. Also the Carmax.com list the price of $27000 for this body style without navigation. Please let me know if you find any better price in NJ or NY area. Thanks
  • bigwave1001bigwave1001 Member Posts: 3
    I am going to buy a Camry soon and looking for people with the same intent to form a buyer group in hope for some decent discounts. We do not have to buy the same cars as long as we go to the same dealership. If you are interested, please email me at usbz@hotmail.com. I live in Columbus, Ohio and willing to travel to other metro Ohio cities. I am also flexible with other makes of cars, such as Honda or Subaru.
  • crislenahcrislenah Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am going to buy a Camry soon and wanted to find out what the average price people have been paying OTD for an LE (I am also debating about the SE as well). Edmunds has the LE model listed with an invoice price of 20,949. I am new to the car buying market so I wanted to go in with a bit of a solid price range to haggle with (hopefully). I live in CA and was going to go to Longo Toyota and South Bay Toyota. Any suggestions on pricing or dealers is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Start reading this forum, starting at least 3 months back. You'll find a number of posters from CA with some really good deals identified. You seem to be in the most competitive area of the country.
  • mrpatmrpat Member Posts: 24
    I bought a 50 th anniversary camry hybrid at Conicelli Conshohocken Pa.
    msrp 32300.00 and I paid 29700.00 april 28th. They sold 31 cars that day but there was no high pressure.

I had no trade and we got Toyota fanance at 6.99

Love the car except thet you cant get fog lights and fm reception is poor.

Does any one know exactly how regen braking works?
  • herrimherrim Member Posts: 14
    I've been trying to get reasonable price to purchase a Camry XLE, 4 cylinders in Miami…The prices are a joke, and the invoice price for the same car is different from dealers, which is very strange.

Has anyone purchase one recently? How was the price? I need guidance…Anyone knows when the 2008 are coming out?
  • timmushtimmush Member Posts: 10
    :P ok, I think this quote for the car is the best I can get.. what do you think.. I was offered $19777 out the door. I am in NJ , this included the 7% tax, $254 and 299.50 mv/doc fees and $7.50 for tire tax. DO you think it is something I should jump on,. it is a silver CE.

Here are the specs on the silver one coming in:

Model Number: 2514C SERIAL # :7U

Model Description: 4-DOOR SEDAN CE Category ..........: A
    Year ............: 2007 Current Dealer ....: 160-29098
    Interior Color ..: FB13 FB13 Wholesale Dealer ..:
    Exterior Color ..: 01D4 SILVR Previous Dealer ...: 00160
    Body ............: 4-DOOR SEDAN CE Invoice Date ......:
    Number of Cyl ...: 4 Ship Date .........:

Factory Installed Accessories: CA AF
    Port Installed Accessories ..: CF

Retail Dealer
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 19520.00 $ 17275.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 199.00 $ 126.00

MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE
    2.4L 158HP 4Cyl DOHC 16V VVT-i SFI Eng.
    5-Speed ECT-i Automatic Transmission
    16" Steel Wheels w/P215/60R16 Tires
    with Full Wheel Covers
    Temporary Spare Tire
    Power Assisted Rack & Pinion Steering
    4-Wheel Disc Brakes
    SAFETY
    Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
    Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbag Sys (SRS)
    Dr & Fr Pass Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
    Front and Rear Side Curtain Airbags
    Driver''s Knee Airbag
    Adjustable Headrests for all 5 Seats
    3-Point Seatbelts w/ALR/ELR Pass Belts
    Child Restraint System (Latch)
    Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System
    EXTERIOR
    Halogen Auto On/Off Headlamps
    Daytime Running Lights
    Dual Color-Keyed Power Outside Mirrors
    COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    Air Conditioner with Pollen Filter
    Cruise Control
    Digital AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with
    6 Speakers
    60/40 Split Rear Folding Seat
    Variable Intermittent Wipers
    Power Windows w/Driver''s Auto Down
    Power Door Locks w/ Anti-Lockout Feature
    Manual Driver''s Seat
    Manual Adj Tilt/Telescopic Steering Whl
    Steering Wheel Audio Controls
    Maintenance Indicator
    Audio Auxiliary Jack
    Foot Pedal Parking Brake
    Courtesy Lamp
    Center Console Armrest w/Dual Storage
    Outside Temp Gauge and Digital Clock
    Rear Window Defogger
    Retail Dealer Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 19520.00 $ 17275.00 $ 19520.00
    California Emissions: In Certain Areas, ....
    4-Cylinder Automatic Models are Equipped ...
    as Partial Zero Emission Vehicles (PZEV). ..
    Equipment Causes Nominal Reduction in ......
    Horsepower (From 158 to 155 HP). For ......
    Camry 4-Cylinder Models Certified as .......
    Partial Zero Emission Vehicles (PZEV), .....
    all Emissions Components are Covered for ...
    15 Years or 150,000 Miles, Whichever .......
    Occurs First, For Performance or Defect. ...
    Standard Grade Package: ....................
    Carpet/Trunk Mat Set ....................... 199.00 126.00
    --------- --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 199.00 $ 126.00 $ 199.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 620.00 $ 620.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 320.00
    Gasoline ....................................: $ 10.00
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 390.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 195.00
    --------- ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 18936.00 $ 20339.00
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Does any one know exactly how regen braking works?
    There's about 40,000 previous owners that do ;)

However as a "newbee" you might want to read through the Driving Tips and Tricks. There are website links in those discussions that take you to sites with an enormous amount of information on the brakes, batteries and power splitting device as well comments as how to maximize your TCH ownership experience. Chances are if you have a question, it's already been asked and answered. Good reading

Oh, BTW, great price on the Anniversary model.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    what dealer in NJ offered $19777 out the door? It sounds like a very good deal. Besides, i don't know if you ar about to graduate or whether u graduated in the past 2 yrs from college, since there is a 400-500 cash back and i don't know if u have another car plates that u may want to transfer into the new one, so u only pay like $60-$80 that will save u even more. but if non of the above applies to u, u are getting a very sweet deal in NJ (probably the best CE dela in NJ, not 100% sure)In any event, please post the dealer's name and how u made the deal, maybe if possible add whether u got a good financing on the car. Thank u
  • jayr3625jayr3625 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Oklahoma and I just bought a 2007 Camry LE w/out sunroof for $20,000 with doc and processing fee included. The dealer sticker price was $22,988. I think I got a good deal, but you might be able to swing something better. Hope this helps.
  • justmgjustmg Member Posts: 5
    Can you PLEASE I implore you PLEASE email me your Invoice/Buyers order proof that you obtained this vehicle at this price!? My dealer said he would match any valid price. Thank you very much. Please email it to aykyassini@gmail.com
    PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance
  • enshejiangenshejiang Member Posts: 2
    I have the same situation as justmy (#5371). My dealer said he will meet that price if I can provide paperwork from other dealerships with a lower price on the same vehicle. Can you PLEASE email me your paperworks that you obtained this vehicle at this price!? Thank you so much. Please email it to esjiang@gmail.com PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance
    I am a foreigner. I am not goot at negotiate with a dealer. Can you send me a copy if you (justmy)got the copy.
  • vlapintavlapinta Member Posts: 23
    I am in the market for a 2007 Camry XLE V6. The only thing I am still going back and forth on is wether I want it with or without navi. I was quoted w navi invoice price $28,397 and I would pay $200 over invoice and without navi invoice price 27,400 and my price $27,600. Both prices are without tax, title ect. This is my very first new Toyota purchase so I am very new to this. I have been trying to read all I can from this forum. I also wanted Satalite radio but they keep quoting me $500 which seems really high to me.
    Is this a good price or how can I negotiate a better deal. It dosen't seem like there is any Toyota incentives at this time. Should I wait a month? I don't need the car immediately so waiting is not a problem except for the fact that I would like it now, lol!
    Any suggestions to a newbie buyer would be really appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Vicki
    Just and a couple thousand and get the Avalon XLS. I believe we paid 31-33. With navi.
  • car111car111 Member Posts: 24
    Go withOut NAvi. It does not show real-time NAV traffic or weather - new features with after market. With audio prompts you don't need to see the bigger/better in-built Toyota NAVi screen (after markets NAVs are smaller). Try Magellan or Garmin. Also Toyota NAVI usually comes with smart-key that may have health issue (with pacemakers, etc) - smart key has 6 in-built antennas in car to detect where this key is. I would not like 6 antennas in my car to help open my car - I can manually do that with the key.
    I would go without the navi but after investigating a little more, I like the bluetooth option and the better JBL stereo which only comes w the Navi.
    What about the price, do you think its a good one or should I try and hold out for some Toyota incentives?
    When do the 08 models typically come out?

Vicki
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Navi adds about $2,000 to the cost...but when you trade it in, lets say in five years, the car, excluding the navi, will have depreciated by approximately 50%. The navi, on the other hand, will be worth no more than $400...an 80% depreciation.

Why? Simple...used car buyers are only interested in bargains...not add on do-dads. Moreover, in five years, everyone will have portable navis.... the built in ones will go the way mobile phones went with the advent of the cell phone.
    I will Paypal $20 to the first person who emails me their buyers order for the Camry LE they bought for $17977 including Freight +TTF. Email to aykyassini@gmail.com
    I promise that you will receive the $20 if you are the first person to email.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    You know.. most people aren't going to send a personal financial document to someone that they don't know.

Furthermore, your dealer is only telling you this, because he knows you most likely can't get it done. And, if you do, then he'll just say there is some reason that the deal is different from the one you want.

Decide what you want to pay, then offer that to the dealer. Don't bother telling him you saw it on the internet, or give any other reason. "Sell me the car for that number, or I go somewhere else", is usually the best way to negotiate.

Regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jeffy2jeffy2 Member Posts: 7
    OK took five months of work... but finally
    Beautiful super white.. with gas around $3.50 ...
    Thanks to the forum for the buying advice and a special thanks to Edmunds for all the research...
  • hihiourhihiour Member Posts: 2
    hi,Im new comer :P .I was quoted $17,777+$100+Tax +tags for 2007 Camry CE. How about this price?
  • olddog7olddog7 Member Posts: 23
    I have to say I'm not comfortable sending my invoice to any one on the internet. The price I paid was something advertised in the local newspaper, there was no negotiation on the price from that point on. I had tried to use the newspaper price to negotiate with other dealers, even bringing in the newspaper, but every time there was a hitch. I tried with 3 other dealers. Finally I was in the right place at the right time for the good price. In addition I was able to get the college grad discount by putting my soon to be graduate son on the title. I bought the car in LA, which apparently, according to this forum has some of the best prices. I don't know if someone in Texas, Florida, etc would be able to get the same price. I would say maybe to go on the internet and download the ad price from the LA times and bring it to your local dealer and go from there. The problem I had with dealer even here was they were saying they were taking too big of a loss($3800 off MSRP) to give me the ad prices. So why is it the place I bought the car from was able to do that with 25 cars? Plus loss leaders for Corollas too. And others cant? I say there is more of a profit in these cars than the dealerships let on. Because if the dealership I bought from was losing even $2500 per car that is over $62k just from Camry's alone, not counting the discounted Corollas, Tacomas,etc. I say they get a bigger kickback from Toyota and the 2008's are coming soon, so they want to move the older stock out now. By the way, my car was only built in April, so it's not like it was sitting around the lot for months. The dealership I bought from was Power Toyota in Cerritos, CA.
  • blownalcoholblownalcohol Member Posts: 19
    My last offer was turned down, and later they sold the car.
    Well, this is another offer I just made, waiting to hear back. I offered 21,800 OTD.
    07 camry le MSRP 24,183
    rear lip spoiler 399 CX10
    remote start 569 QR90
    moonroof 940 SRAT
    alloy wheels 410 AWAT
    carpet mats 199 PV50
    fuel surcharge 16
    At fitzmall an 07 LE w/mats is 18762. I took that price and added all the options at MSRP, added tax(3%) and title and tag fees ($72).
    I came up with 21,801.

Does this look like a fair deal to me and the dealer?
  • razer01razer01 Member Posts: 9
    I'm looking into buying a Camry CE and I want to know what is the typical price for this model in Texas. Also it would be helpful if anyone could explain the SET price and how much the price of a Camry in Texas differs from the price in other states. Thanks.
  • sh4dalish4dali Member Posts: 1
    Hello
    I'm in a search for a new camry LE 4 cylinder w/ sunroof only.
    I've been doing some research and reading helpful forums for a while and I'm thinking of 20,000 OTD to offer to dealers and trying to get the car for 21,000 OTD.
    Is this pretty resonable?
    I live in Hanover, MD which is near Annapolis.
    Thank you
    BlownAlc

More than a fair deal to the dealer. You added about 2500 worth of options at MSRP list. If you added the options at cost it would have been fair......adding them at MSRP makes it a sweet deal for the dealer (everything between cost and msrp is additional profit).

If you want to, you can figure out each options cost, by creating a spreadsheet and looking at the details of many cars at www.fitzmall.com

By looking at the different cars, you can back into how much the option adds both to the MSRP and the invoice cost. Fitzmall is selling at about 500-1000 under invoice cost at this point in time, depending upon model and age.
    Razer/Hihiour

Just saw a CE 5spd manual in the paper this morning, for $17,988 (TTL addn'l). To answer your SET question, I'm in NC which is also in the SET area, which adds about 600 to the cost of each vehicle that the dealership (and ultimately you) have to pay.
  • bobafettbobafett Member Posts: 9
    Well put, I am not comfortable sending around a document that has personal info on it. And all the dealer has to do is contend that the trade or financing or some other part of the deal that someone else got will not work in your situation.
    The reality is that sales are down. The dealers are willing to make good deals, you just have to prove to them that you will not be a sucker.
    Start with the Edmunds invoice for the car and options. Be prepared to walk out. Show them that you are serious and its not personal, its just business. If you walk out, call one time with a counter offer and make them call you back. They NEED to sell cars and you hold the money. Good Luck.
  • chetjchetj Member Posts: 324
    cant you buy a navigation system on the internet for 500$...that is a big profit margin for toyota...go to portsmouth NH ford and buy a 2006 ford taurus with a v6 for 9995.00 and save 12,000
    you are getting hosed....forget the extras...just buy a camry 4 cylinder, they run good and save 10 k...or let some body else take the 5k f------ and buy a used toyota but run the vin # on carfax to make sure it is accident free...dont buy extended warranty either. a waste...definitely wait...i always wait and i bought a brand new ford focus for 9795.00 in nov 06 and a pontiac subnfire for 6500 brand new for 6500.00 ( with 3k gm card discount)...cherry pick your deals...consider a ford fusion or malibu too, they are very competitive now w/ toyotas and hondas and you will save a lot of money..car dealers are sleazy, dont sign anything till you are sure...bring somebody with you and be patient...there are many dealers, youre the customer they can kiss our [non-permissible content removed] or at least be honest...if you get a bad feeling just leave and go somewhere else..good luck leo, warren NH
    I appreciate your opinion but I have my mind set on the Camry V6 XLE. I want all the luxery xtras this time. I have decided not to get the navigation system though. It is a very expensive option and I do have a portable Garmin. I have looked at many new cars and I really like the way the Camry looks inside. That is why they make many differant cars. Everyone has their own opinion. My question now is I have gotten a price $200 over invoice for the Camry with all the options that I want. Is this a good deal or is there more that I can look to save? I know I priced the Accord but there dosn't seem to be any dealer cash for Toyota now. Should I wait a little while? Doe anyoone know typically how much the next year's model goes up? I am not sure if I should wait for the 08. When do the 08 models start being sold. I appreciate everyone's opinion.
    Thank You!
    Vicki
  • dllharwooddllharwood Member Posts: 10
    Vicki,

My XLE V6 has blue tooth and the JBL stereo and NO navigation. You don't have to have navi to get those.
    2007 V6 XLE's are currently running about 200-400 under cost invoice at www.fitzmall with no administrative fees for out of state purchasers. You can use that as your benchmark.

I would expect the 2007's price to drop further, as we approach the 2008's shipping.....but the inventory selection will drop as well.

You'd probably be looking at about a 1K difference between the new 2008's price (less discounted initially) versus the 2007's. But, you'd have a 2007 car that is a year older already and depreciatively speaking would be worth less.

This is a tough call, since when the new models start shipping you might not find them with the specific options you want, and that seems pretty important to you.
    The dealer turned down the offer.
    Does anyone know of a good dealer near Charlotte, NC?
    I may just make the drive to MD.
    I thought my offer would be accepted.
    I took fitzmall base price le w/mats and added the other options at MSRP then added tax, title, and fees.
    I am leaving room for dealer profit. Camry's must really be selling here.
    Oh, a little flaw in your logic. In NC we are part of the SET, and each vehicle carries an additional SET cost of about 600, when compared to an out-of-area dealer (for instance fitzmall). So the same car at your Charlotte dealer costs them 600 more than at Fitz. So your offer to the local dealer had less profit in it than I think you might have calculated.

I did find my local dealer here in Raleigh price match fitz though, so I wouldn't suggest just arbitrarily bumping your offer up.
  • grant2grant2 Member Posts: 30
    "Elgin Toyota $17,991 for a new '07 Camry LE" advertisment is in the Chicago Tribune, May 26-28, 2007. I am not sure if this would help you?
    Can you get a scan of it online? Or is the ad viewable online? Where can I buy the Chicago Tribune in DC?!
    That's an awesome price congratz on your new car! Where were you able to get this price?
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Manual or auto?
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    what dealer in NJ offered $19777 out the door? It sounds like a very good deal. Besides, i don't know if you ar about to graduate or whether u graduated in the past 2 yrs from college, since there is a 400-500 cash back and i don't know if u have another car plates that u may want to transfer into the new one, so u only pay like $60-$80 that will save u even more. but if non of the above applies to u, u are getting a very sweet deal in NJ (probably the best CE dela in NJ, not 100% sure)In any event, please post the dealer's name and how u made the deal, maybe if possible add whether u got a good financing on the car. Thank u
  • jmpinmoonlitejmpinmoonlite Member Posts: 12
    Hello, in my 2 months research this is what I learned.
    Look up specific car with options INVOICE price is on this website. Then figure out how much the difference is from the dealership offer price. [Notice that each state might charge TDA (advertising) fees which are the same amount across the board in that state.] After you've decided certain dealerships are giving you a good price on the car, find out specifically what the extra fees are and how much...(this varied GREATLY between the dealerships.) Therefore making the OUT THE DOOR price the best comparison. Email the dealerships from toyota.com stating what car your looking for. I was amazed at how low the offers were. But don't jump on first offer. Hear back from at least 4 dealers before picking one. Also they get real desperate towards the end of the month!!!!! Good luck!
  • jmpinmoonlitejmpinmoonlite Member Posts: 12
    Just bought a 2007 Camry XLE 4cy w/leather, body side molding, bumper applique and lip spoiler for $500 over invoice. $24,451 + $500 profit + $545 TDA= $25,496 Add doc fee, 6.5% taxes and registration bringing OTD $27,679.74. Dealership wanted to add a $195 loan proc fee that the other dealerships weren't charging... be aware of unnecessary charges!! Their doc fee was also $50 more than the others. But I was very specific in the car I wanted and they knew it and wouldn't give it to another dealer. But overall I'm happy with it. Also I had bought a new 2006 last year (that we've totaled out) and have realized when they sold me extras "at dealer cost" like the spoiler and window tint they actually charged double than had I went to the shop and ordered it done myself. Be careful of add-ons. I'm so glad my buying experience is over! Hopefully I won't have to do it for another 10+ years!!
    actually, i thought that was a good idea somebody wrote about the avalon... for 4 or 5 k more you can get the flagship toyota avalon...i think i would go that route if i were you....but at least wait a month before you decide, this is a big decision and they make 250,000 camrys a year so there is no shortage of them ....or dealers to sell them...honestly toys and hondas are very good cars, but dont be so stuck on them and not try anything else...you really pay a premium for those 2...think about a nissan altima too....or you could just say the heck with it and pay a premium for that camry...if you really want it, why not...i am just too cheap myself haha
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    honestly toys and hondas are very good cars.....you really pay a premium for those 2

Most people in this thread are paying at, a little over or even below invoice. Not sure how that's to be considered as paying a premium.
    Base Price $20,975
    options $2,533
    delivery charge $675
    total $24,183

$21,100 for car and $21,800 OTD
    sales tax 3% title & tag $72

rear lip spoiler 399 CX10
    remote start 569 QR90
    moonroof 940 SRAT
    alloy wheels 410 AWAT
    carpet mats 199 PV50
    fuel surcharge 16
  • jeffy2jeffy2 Member Posts: 7
    Aloha..yes got it in Hawaii...all cash sale..no trade in...
    And I had to take the color they had ..plus wait for a month where they needed 0ne more to hit manufactures monthly goal.. so I actually get it on Thursday May 31....The dealer was actually very friendly...and I think liked the all cash and my waiting until they needed the sale...