Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
edited September 2014 in INFINITI

Comments

• wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    There's $4000 dealer cash on the 2004 M45 this month.
  • bdhplayerbdhplayer Member Posts: 14
    Doublecheck the number. Last month it was $5000 when I bought my M45. I can't imagine it went down from Aug to Sept
  • wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    I did and it did! Then again, I got mine when it was a $7000 incentive :)
  • kcc7kcc7 Member Posts: 2
    How much I should expect as discount to new 2004 leftovers. I saw a dealership in texas advertised $9,000 below sticker. Could do better? Thanks
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    I got mine for free! I just have to drive around and advertise the car for them.
  • bsouth808bsouth808 Member Posts: 1
    Although it took a couple of trips and a few phone calls to other dealers I got the car with the Premium Package for MSRP. I was told by several people that it was a deal and that I had better jump on it if offered.
  • cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    "Although it took a couple of trips and a few phone calls to other dealers I got the car with the Premium Package for MSRP. I was told by several people that it was a deal and that I had better jump on it if offered."

you should check out the m45 message board. seems like pricing may be softening, at least in some markets.
  • m4dennism4dennis Member Posts: 2
    I hope to get this topic going again!

I am ready to buy an M45 Sport, but cannot find a dealer in northwest Florida or Alabama willing to sell below MSRP. I am hoping people will start sharing their buying experiences and strategies here to help those of us who are in the buying process. Thanks for any help provided.

MAD
  • debbieh103debbieh103 Member Posts: 5
    We bought an M45 Sport last night at North Houston Infiniti. We were looking at M35 (to trade in 1999 Q45T bought new). I didn't like the way the M35 drove. Did like M35 Sport and non-sport M45, but they seemed "hard pressed" to find a non-sport M45 anywhere in the nation that was acceptable to me w/ the options (wanted base) and colors (dark). Ended up buying black on black (again) w/ journey package, that expensive trunk mat, and wood trip. Paid full retail. Received only $12,000 for our Q45t that had 45,600 miles on it and was in great condition. We were taken, but at least they were pleasant. They tried to give us $10,500 for the trade-in, and edmunds came up w/ $12503 for "clean" and over $13,000 for "excellent". We met the clean specs by far but not excellent. They would have gone to the $12503, but we'd spent ages driving cars that night, etc.

They were friendly, but they abandoned us a number of times for great amounts of time, knowing we currently owned 2 Q45Ts we bought new and had traded one of those in from a Q45T and that we'd been owners for 8 years. The dealer here gives blackberrys. Is everyone doing that? I just activated a Sidekick II with a year's contract 6 weeks ago.

Bring in BOTH Kelly and Edmunds statements on condition of your car. At least they didn't change anything when we told them we were paying cash.

This car is coming from Alabama.
  • debbieh103debbieh103 Member Posts: 5
    Didn't mention my Q45T was a 1999 w/ only 45k on it
  • wannabgood1wannabgood1 Member Posts: 25
    I have a quote in hand from a chicago area dealer on an m45 lux with journey, nav for $1500 off msrp with no negotiating. Submitted via web to dealer and quote came back via email. Shopping other dealers now. Anyone else in chicago bought one of these or have any quotes and shopping now?
  • esenioresenior Member Posts: 1
    Just ordered my M45 a few weeks ago from Discover Infiniti in San Diego, CA. They didn't have any cars matching my requirements, so had to order it. I ordered :
    M45 Sport (Black on Black/Aluminum)
    Technology Package with Sirius Sat Radio (to match my Dish Network)
    Journey Package
    DVD Navigation
    Mobile Entertainment (for the kids)
    Trunk Mat (Space Saver)
    Aero Kit
    Chrome Rims (Dealer provided, normally $1500)

Before tax and License - $58k

Probably could have gotten it a few bucks cheaper, but wasn't worth the haggling, and frankly, Jack (our salesman) has treated us really well.

By the way....I also drive the GS430 (VERY comfortable, but felt gutless) and the 545I (comperable performance, but the M's interior was better).

- Eric

P.S. I'm new to the forum...just joined this evening.
  • tomc1227tomc1227 Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone leased an '06 M35 or M45? How do the lease payments work out?

If you've gotten a good lease deal, please post the MSRP, selling price, cap cost reduction, drive off and monthly payment before tax.

(Sorry to ask for so much, but leasing is complex and all this info is needed for the rest of us to be educated before we walk into the dealer!)

Thanks!
  • gjsctcgjsctc Member Posts: 9
    im looking at m35awd and non sport m45 with journey and tech package.acan anyone tell me if they have bought a car with these options and for how much.
  • aegis1aegis1 Member Posts: 6
    I live in PA

I got the M45 sport with everything.

MSRP was $62,950.00
    Selling Price - $59,998.00
    rate - 2.020
    term - 42 mths
    miles - 15k
    residual - 59% $37,140.50
    Due on Delivery - $1,988.01 which means my cap reduction is $978.13
    monthly payment - $797.85
    tax rate - 9%

I had to order the car as they did not have a M45 sport in my color Liquid Platnium/Graphite Interior/Rosewood with Premium package, aero kit, full size spare
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    aegis,

Congrats on your purchase. Your selling price of $59,998 may be THE most expensive Infiniti that the company has EVER sold.

A fully loaded Q45 is $63,800, but the actual selling price is much lower than $60,000.

Maybe you should ask them for a free T-shirt. :)

However, I am confused. According to www.infiniti.com, the M45 Sport is not available with the Premium Package.
    very funny.....I have the 02 Q45 right now, and looked at the new ones. yes, they are selling in the 57's and 58's.

Your right, it is not listed on the web site. I sat down with the sales guy today and the sales price I was able to build on the site was lower, because of this. But the premium package which costs $10,500 and includes the rear reclining seats, was a package. I let the sales guy know there was no premium package on the site and he didn't realize this. But the tech, journey, and premium pakages are all available.
    Got a call from the dealer today....they can't do the premium with the sport model. so the site and you were correct. Now I have to decide between the 45 and 45 sport. I have the extra options that the premium gives me on my Q45 and love them, but there is a difference in the drive of sport and no sport.....tough choice now
  • beatcfbeatcf Member Posts: 2
    Solicited quote via internet from Chgo area dealer for M45 Sport MSRP $56,780. Came back with quote of $56,130 with explanation that car is demo with 200 mi on it so this is the reason for coming down off sticker. Shouldnt demo warrant a bigger discount? Are M45 Sports still that hot that sticker is the deal?
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    No. Keep workin' 'em.
  • cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    from what i've been reading, about $2000 below msrp (new) seems to be the area where a lot of people are buying cars....and no the m45 sports are not particularly 'hot'...i think the m35x is the most soft after variant relative to production.
  • burryburry Member Posts: 37
    M45 Sport
    Nav
    Journey
    Trunk Mat

MSRP $54,140
    INV $49,564

Quote: $3,140 off MSRP if willing to Order Car

Comments ??
  • mikestevensmikestevens Member Posts: 17
    The quote I got on a loaded M45 Sport was 200 off MSRP--$200! I was ready to laugh...
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Seems like a good deal to me; usually they discount more for cars on the lot as opposed to a special order.
  • beatcfbeatcf Member Posts: 2
    Visited one Chgo area dealer for Ms this weekend and not coming off sticker. Did you get deal done at $1500 or more below sticker. Also looking at M35x as AWD is attractive. Dont think I really need the 50 extra horses of the M45 and Chgo weather may make AWD useful. Comments anyone?
  • gfish1gfish1 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone share what deals they've seen for an M35 in the San Fransisco Bay Area? Best I got was $500 off MSRP.

thanks,
    Greg
  • blackm35blackm35 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an M35 w/premium pkg @ sacramento infinti at prox $1500 off MSRP. It was not my first choice in color or package but i grew tired of finding the color and pkg i wanted. I had a few different dealers searching the west coast for inventory and/or incoming cars that fit my criteria. I had been quoted MSRP and 4-6 mos to order the M35 exactly as i wanted. The difference between this one w/premium and the M35 sport w/tech,journey & Sirius was about $700. I bit the bullet and won't look back. Good Luck.
  • legendmanlegendman Member Posts: 362
    Dont think I really need the 50 extra horses of the M45 and Chgo weather may make AWD useful. Comments anyone?

Well, the M45 is a rocket, and I believe that there are some performance enhancements unique to the M45 under the hood (aspiration related I think), so if a super fast, torquey car is something that really turns you on I would say go for it. That is, if you don't mind spending thousands more to get it. If "fast" is good enough for your style of driving, I would say that the M35 is still a great car.

AWD brings a lot of road grip, cornering ability, and safety to the table. I am from Chicago originally, and I would not live there with a rear wheel drive only car. It would have to be AWD or front wheel drive given the snow and icy road conditions, not to mention the occasionally heavy rains.

You could save some tax money if you buy in Lake County or just across the border in Wisconsin. You might be able to get a better sales price in Wisconsin, as I suspect the market there would be a bit softer than would Chicago and suburbs, but that's just a hunch,

Let us know how it works out.
  • tstreettstreet Member Posts: 4
    Just bought M35 non-sport last night. Didn't like the rough ride of the sport. With Journey and Navigation it stickered at $46,010. I paid $44,600 (about $400 less than carsdirect.com quoted me) I also rec'd 4.55% financing for 60 mos. They originally told me 5.75%, I then said my credit union did 4.75%, so they beat it. Negotiate the rate!
    Other notes:
    No trade in
    Bought Graphite ext., Black int w/ wood grain - incredibly beautiful.
    Southern California - Infiniti of Mission Viejo
  • tstreettstreet Member Posts: 4
    I gave the M35 and M35Sport extensive test drives and I think the difference is significant. The Sport package rides very rough - you will feel every bump on the road. I just sold a Saab for that reason.
    I'vd had 3 dealerships in the NY Metro area quote me below $1000 over invoice for the M45 Sport. 1) Infiniti of Manhatten; 2) Competition Infiniti; 3) Salerno Duane Infiniti. All 3 were very aggressive and willing to negotiate. If interested, Contact 2 & 3 via internet sales. Call Manhatten direct and talk to Sales Mgr. They just opened for business and want to establish themselves quickly.
    Would "below $1000 over invoice for the M45 Sport" be like $900 over invoice, for example?
    Yes, exactly, maybe even $800
  • lblasettilblasetti Member Posts: 2
    Just bought the M35X...traded a much loved 2000 A6 2.7T (72000 miles). M35X GREAT SO FAR (124 MILES) but need advce on thier EXTENDED WARRANTIES. They want $1950 for 7 yrs/100,000 miles. Considering all the technology in this car, the extended warranty may make sense. Only have to replace the Nav system or the DVD player once and it would pay for itself. Also since I got the "Wheat" color interior, the dealer offers a Paint and interior "Teflon" treatment for protection from stains, etc. Anyone have experience with either of these extra's??

I also plan on buying the Tire & Wheel Protection package ($599). Covers the Wheels as well as the tires. Last year in my Audi, blew tow tires and bent one of my alloys. Could have used a warranty like this.

Appreciat any comments. ">
  • sgl1sgl1 Member Posts: 34
    lblasetti - -

This forum topic is for prices paid and buyer experience - would you like to share your purchase price and dealer experience with us?
  • scoop4scoop4 Member Posts: 40
    Check the wording on the tire and wheel protection. Some only cover the original (OEM) tires. Also wheel replacement is only when the wheel is bent so badily that it won't hold air. Scrapes and bends do not result in a wheel replacement.
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Does anybody know the June residual and money factor for the M45 sport and non-sport for 3 years, 36,000 miles?
  • steamdiggssteamdiggs Member Posts: 5
    I bought the M35 on May 31st (highly recommend, you get a better deal at the end of the month) from the Fleet Manager at Southern CA Metro Infiniti in Monrovia:

MSRP: 46,010
    Invoice:42,022
    Bought for:43,783
    Cars Direct Quoted: 44,800

No Trade in
    Color: Liquid Platinum/Graphite int w/Rosewood, Nav/Journey Package
    Sirius Radio, Splash Guards, Wheel locks, Trunk Space Saver

Had a tough time finding one with Sirius Radio, they still have to install it , antenna backorder or some dumb excuse like that, talked to the dealer GM and got him to call Infiniti parts and all of a sudden he says that they found one and I'm getting it/other dealers said Sirius radios were not going to be installed on Infiniti M's. Have paid but not taken delivery yet have a dealer loaner 2003 G35 until mine is ready.
  • broosmibroosmi Member Posts: 8
    Dealer would not come off sticker of $52,900, but did get my Lexus GS430 w/52,000 miles on it up to $23,000.

I originally went to buy the new GS 430 earlier in the day and could not find anything that impressed me from the selection at the dealer. They also would not go a dime over $19,000 for my trade. Being a 12 year Lexus veteran (I've owned a GS 300, then 400, then 430) I went home very disappointed.

Then my son went on line and called to me "Hey Dad, check this out!" He found the M45. Did some quick research and we were back on the road in an hour. Drove home my new Infiniti that evening. Boy did I ever luck out that day!

Beautiful car. Much more bang for your buck than anything out there. It is going to take me a while to get comfortable with the feel of this vehicle as I unlearn my Lexus instincts.

I think this is the start of a whole new love affair!

PS - I plan to buy my son dinner this weekend as a thank you!
  • ptkimptkim Member Posts: 14
    I'm choosing the M45 Sport over MB E350 and Lexus GS430...
    Looking for black M45, technology package, journey package, body kit, graphite/aluminum interior, and full trunk mat with full size spare. MSRT 58,030. My first offer via email was $56K + tax/lic. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of discount... especially when Benz willing to go thousands below invoice. What is a good price on M45 Sport? I'm in So. Cal in Orange county.

specs:
    M45 Sport, Black Obsidian exterior, graphite/aluminum interior
    Tech package with XM
    Full size spare
    Aero body kit
    trunk mat, full size.
  • dxcoquidxcoqui Member Posts: 25
    Has anybody tried dealers in upstate NY (Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo)??? How was the experience, any help will be appreciated.
  • gs4lifegs4life Member Posts: 6
    Just bought my M35 Sports (w/ journey and technology package, aero kit) last night at Metro Infiniti in Monrovia. What a beautiful car it is. Everything looks like feels like it's carefully crafted and the finish is just perfect. I was getting ready to get the new GS300 on the same day earlier when my wife said she wants to check out the new M from Infiniti bcos our pre-ordered GS did not come in with the combo/color that we wanted, so my wife got pissed... :D

We got the color/combo that my wife wanted right from the lot. The color/combo that we got was Twillight Blue with Graphite Leather and aluminum trim. We are loving every minute of it. :D

If any one is looking to buy a new M, (35 or 45), you can give them a call and try to talk to the fleet managers. He's the one that I made my deal possible. They have many cars in stock and is willing to deal. My out-the-door price is under 52k. Just my 2 cents.....good luck dealing!! :)
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    Congrats. Looks like you're gonna have to change your username.
  • gs4lifegs4life Member Posts: 6
    LOL, thans for pointing that out. I didn't realize that. :P

This is my first experience with Infiniti and I am sure I will go back to them again if they can keep the current "performance-first" philosophy. ;)

Good luck dealing, guys.
    Just bought my M35 Sports (w/ journey and technology package, aero kit) last night at Metro Infiniti in Monrovia. ... My out-the-door price is under 52k. Just my 2 cents.....good luck dealing!!

Title says 45 text says 35 :confuse: Which did you get?
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    The RL is not selling well. Dealers have reduced their pricing close to invoice. Does anyone think this will pressure Infiniti to reduce their pricing which has not been too flexible.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Not while people are still buying them with little to no money off sticker. Acura dealers weren't too flexible in the beginning either; however, the M isn't having any problems moving.
  • maohaomaohao Member Posts: 5
    I went to the infiniti dealer at Memphis yesterday, test drove the M35, very nice car, the sales rep showed off the VSD and the breaks, almost give me a heart attack:-), don't buy the demo from them, they drove too hard, with spins and really hard stop:-), well, he said he won't come down from MRSP for the M at all. I was looking at the 05 RL, but they will only come down 2K, 48K. But then I saw the 05 Q45, he offered me 51K. it is the base equiped Q, a good price? seems Q45 is such an unpopular car, no one is talking about it, but for a V8, nav, ultra smooth top of line inifiniti, very, very tempting, Can anyone give me advice on that? Thanks.
  • lsucajunlsucajun Member Posts: 11
    If you are looking for good ride the Q is a nice deal. The M35 is one Fun car to drive. In the South you will pay close to sticker for them.Both these cars are better than the others you where looking to buy.
  • 702702 Member Posts: 5
    The last post was June 19th, whats going on .
This discussion has been closed.