Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cohenfivecohenfive Posts: 85
    from what i've been reading, about $2000 below msrp (new) seems to be the area where a lot of people are buying cars....and no the m45 sports are not particularly 'hot'...i think the m35x is the most soft after variant relative to production.
  • burryburry Posts: 37
    M45 Sport
    Nav
    Journey
    Trunk Mat

MSRP $54,140
    INV $49,564

Quote: $3,140 off MSRP if willing to Order Car

Comments ??
  • mikestevensmikestevens Posts: 17
    The quote I got on a loaded M45 Sport was 200 off MSRP--$200! I was ready to laugh...
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Posts: 541
    Seems like a good deal to me; usually they discount more for cars on the lot as opposed to a special order.
  • beatcfbeatcf Posts: 2
    Visited one Chgo area dealer for Ms this weekend and not coming off sticker. Did you get deal done at $1500 or more below sticker. Also looking at M35x as AWD is attractive. Dont think I really need the 50 extra horses of the M45 and Chgo weather may make AWD useful. Comments anyone?
  • gfish1gfish1 Posts: 3
    Can anyone share what deals they've seen for an M35 in the San Fransisco Bay Area? Best I got was $500 off MSRP.

thanks,
    Greg
  • blackm35blackm35 Posts: 1
    I just bought an M35 w/premium pkg @ sacramento infinti at prox $1500 off MSRP. It was not my first choice in color or package but i grew tired of finding the color and pkg i wanted. I had a few different dealers searching the west coast for inventory and/or incoming cars that fit my criteria. I had been quoted MSRP and 4-6 mos to order the M35 exactly as i wanted. The difference between this one w/premium and the M35 sport w/tech,journey & Sirius was about $700. I bit the bullet and won't look back. Good Luck.
  • legendmanlegendman Posts: 362
    Dont think I really need the 50 extra horses of the M45 and Chgo weather may make AWD useful. Comments anyone?

Well, the M45 is a rocket, and I believe that there are some performance enhancements unique to the M45 under the hood (aspiration related I think), so if a super fast, torquey car is something that really turns you on I would say go for it. That is, if you don't mind spending thousands more to get it. If "fast" is good enough for your style of driving, I would say that the M35 is still a great car.

AWD brings a lot of road grip, cornering ability, and safety to the table. I am from Chicago originally, and I would not live there with a rear wheel drive only car. It would have to be AWD or front wheel drive given the snow and icy road conditions, not to mention the occasionally heavy rains.

You could save some tax money if you buy in Lake County or just across the border in Wisconsin. You might be able to get a better sales price in Wisconsin, as I suspect the market there would be a bit softer than would Chicago and suburbs, but that's just a hunch,

Let us know how it works out.
  • tstreettstreet Posts: 4
    Just bought M35 non-sport last night. Didn't like the rough ride of the sport. With Journey and Navigation it stickered at $46,010. I paid $44,600 (about $400 less than carsdirect.com quoted me) I also rec'd 4.55% financing for 60 mos. They originally told me 5.75%, I then said my credit union did 4.75%, so they beat it. Negotiate the rate!
    Other notes:
    No trade in
    Bought Graphite ext., Black int w/ wood grain - incredibly beautiful.
    Southern California - Infiniti of Mission Viejo
  • tstreettstreet Posts: 4
    I gave the M35 and M35Sport extensive test drives and I think the difference is significant. The Sport package rides very rough - you will feel every bump on the road. I just sold a Saab for that reason.
    I'vd had 3 dealerships in the NY Metro area quote me below $1000 over invoice for the M45 Sport. 1) Infiniti of Manhatten; 2) Competition Infiniti; 3) Salerno Duane Infiniti. All 3 were very aggressive and willing to negotiate. If interested, Contact 2 & 3 via internet sales. Call Manhatten direct and talk to Sales Mgr. They just opened for business and want to establish themselves quickly.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Posts: 541
    Would "below $1000 over invoice for the M45 Sport" be like $900 over invoice, for example?
    Yes, exactly, maybe even $800
  • lblasettilblasetti Posts: 2
    Just bought the M35X...traded a much loved 2000 A6 2.7T (72000 miles). M35X GREAT SO FAR (124 MILES) but need advce on thier EXTENDED WARRANTIES. They want $1950 for 7 yrs/100,000 miles. Considering all the technology in this car, the extended warranty may make sense. Only have to replace the Nav system or the DVD player once and it would pay for itself. Also since I got the "Wheat" color interior, the dealer offers a Paint and interior "Teflon" treatment for protection from stains, etc. Anyone have experience with either of these extra's??

I also plan on buying the Tire & Wheel Protection package ($599). Covers the Wheels as well as the tires. Last year in my Audi, blew tow tires and bent one of my alloys. Could have used a warranty like this.

Appreciat any comments. ">
  • sgl1sgl1 Posts: 34
    lblasetti - -

This forum topic is for prices paid and buyer experience - would you like to share your purchase price and dealer experience with us?
  • scoop4scoop4 Posts: 40
    Check the wording on the tire and wheel protection. Some only cover the original (OEM) tires. Also wheel replacement is only when the wheel is bent so badily that it won't hold air. Scrapes and bends do not result in a wheel replacement.
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,302
    Does anybody know the June residual and money factor for the M45 sport and non-sport for 3 years, 36,000 miles?
  • I bought the M35 on May 31st (highly recommend, you get a better deal at the end of the month) from the Fleet Manager at Southern CA Metro Infiniti in Monrovia:

MSRP: 46,010
    Invoice:42,022
    Bought for:43,783
    Cars Direct Quoted: 44,800

No Trade in
    Color: Liquid Platinum/Graphite int w/Rosewood, Nav/Journey Package
    Sirius Radio, Splash Guards, Wheel locks, Trunk Space Saver

Had a tough time finding one with Sirius Radio, they still have to install it , antenna backorder or some dumb excuse like that, talked to the dealer GM and got him to call Infiniti parts and all of a sudden he says that they found one and I'm getting it/other dealers said Sirius radios were not going to be installed on Infiniti M's. Have paid but not taken delivery yet have a dealer loaner 2003 G35 until mine is ready.
  • broosmibroosmi Posts: 8
    Dealer would not come off sticker of $52,900, but did get my Lexus GS430 w/52,000 miles on it up to $23,000.

I originally went to buy the new GS 430 earlier in the day and could not find anything that impressed me from the selection at the dealer. They also would not go a dime over $19,000 for my trade. Being a 12 year Lexus veteran (I've owned a GS 300, then 400, then 430) I went home very disappointed.

Then my son went on line and called to me "Hey Dad, check this out!" He found the M45. Did some quick research and we were back on the road in an hour. Drove home my new Infiniti that evening. Boy did I ever luck out that day!

Beautiful car. Much more bang for your buck than anything out there. It is going to take me a while to get comfortable with the feel of this vehicle as I unlearn my Lexus instincts.

I think this is the start of a whole new love affair!

PS - I plan to buy my son dinner this weekend as a thank you!
  • ptkimptkim Posts: 14
    I'm choosing the M45 Sport over MB E350 and Lexus GS430...
    Looking for black M45, technology package, journey package, body kit, graphite/aluminum interior, and full trunk mat with full size spare. MSRT 58,030. My first offer via email was $56K + tax/lic. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of discount... especially when Benz willing to go thousands below invoice. What is a good price on M45 Sport? I'm in So. Cal in Orange county.

specs:
    M45 Sport, Black Obsidian exterior, graphite/aluminum interior
    Tech package with XM
    Full size spare
    Aero body kit
    trunk mat, full size.
This discussion has been closed.