Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    Regarding to the 05 Q45, offer them $48,000. This car is very unpopular. Since the M came out this year, it has made the popularity worse. There is no way the dealer is going to make money on the Q45. The question is how little do they have to loose. If you are seriously interested in getting the Q, I suggest you offer them $48k and be firm. They will of course decline the offer. Be sure to leave you contact(name and phone #) to them so they can contact you the next few days if they want to get rid of it. Everyday the car sits on their lot, they are loosing money. The car most likely have been there for since last year.

Personally, I think Q45 is more of a luxury car than the M45. If I can get it cheap, I will go with it. On the contrary, don't expect the Q to have great re-sale value. The fact is they will not compare to the M or LS430.

Happy shopping!

• mortgageman67mortgageman67 Member Posts: 1
    M35, Diamond graphite with graphite interior, NAV, mobile entertainment system, XM satellite, Aero Dynmaic Body Kit, MSRP - $48,580

42 month lease
    15K miles/year
    Sales Price - $46,000
    $699 per month
    Due at signing - First payment and that is it.

Thoughts........
  • jsorofjsorof Member Posts: 11
    I have been contacting several dealers by email, some based on recommendations from this forum. Without very much back-and-forth, I have a deal on a M35 AWD with Journey Package, Aerodynamic body package, XM, and mats for $44,800 ($1200 over invoice). End of the month seems to be a highly motivating factor to deal, especially for cars on the lot!

My question is whether dealers will routinely ship cars to you if you request, and if so how much extra would that cost? The dealer is about 2 ½ hours from my house, so it is inconvenient but not impossible to just pick-up the car when I am ready.

Any experience/advice?
  • rickdeckard714rickdeckard714 Member Posts: 1
    How does this deal sound? $550 a month, 39 months/10,000 miles a year(I don't even drive that much), which includes tax and gap, no cap cost reduction, only inceptions due at signing on a M35X with the Journey Package, Exterior Gold Emblem Package, and Pinstriping. I've been to all the dealers in North NJ and NYC, and this seems like a pretty good deal. I got quotes at dealers that ranged from this, all the way up to $625 at the other dealerships. Good deal?
  • jeff721jeff721 Member Posts: 80
    Just bought the M35X...traded a much loved 2000 A6 2.7T (72000 miles). M35X GREAT SO FAR (124 MILES) but need advce on thier EXTENDED WARRANTIES. They want $1950 for 7 yrs/100,000 miles. Considering all the technology in this car, the extended warranty may make sense. Only have to replace the Nav system or the DVD player once and it would pay for itself. Also since I got the "Wheat" color interior, the dealer offers a Paint and interior "Teflon" treatment for protection from stains, etc. Anyone have experience with either of these extra's??

I also plan on buying the Tire & Wheel Protection package ($599). Covers the Wheels as well as the tires. Last year in my Audi, blew tow tires and bent one of my alloys. Could have used a warranty like this.

#37 of 55 Re: M35X Journey, Tech, DVD [lblasetti] by scoop4 Jun 03, 2005 (9:35 pm)
    Bookmark | Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: lblasetti (Jun 03, 2005 10:25 am)

Check the wording on the tire and wheel protection. Some only cover the original (OEM) tires. Also wheel replacement is only when the wheel is bent so badily that it won't hold air. Scrapes and bends do not result in a wheel replacement.

Does anyone know of a wheel and tire warranty that covers tires after the originalks wear out and covers wheels that will not hold air? I can't see a compnay insuring against scrapes from curbs but hey if you know of one, I would like to know about it.

thanks
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    For $699 a month you can get $60K BMW 545. Just think about M35 vs. 545 which one you would rather be seen in.
  • babydocbabydoc Member Posts: 20
    I am in St. Louis. Got a quote today for a 39 months, 12k/year, 635 (taxes included) per month. No other fees. Gap insurance included.
    This is for a M35 X with the Journey package.
    This is our first time leasing, so any help would be appreciated. The car was based on a sales price of 48000 with a 62% residual. He came down 1500 on the price of the car. Seems kind of miserly, but supposedly there are few of these cars around.
  • David EhrlichmanDavid Ehrlichman Member Posts: 47
    I just picked up an M35X Diamond Pearl, Journey package, mud flaps & Trunk mat.

12k per year
    No Money down
    39 months
    Paid the taxes & fee up front.
  • jginatljginatl Member Posts: 5
    In very early stages of looking to get one or the other w/ DVD for kids, Journey Package w/ Sirius in Black Obsidian or Crimson Roulette. Hoping for 39-42 months and 12K-15K miles a year, minimum to no money down. What type of payments can I realistically expect? ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated, as I am looking to make a move as early as July 7 and as late as July 31. Thanks in advance.
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    Simple answer.....the M.
  • danatcardanatcar Member Posts: 1
    Shopping for base M35 in South Florida. Sticker is 40,700 with $600 destination included. I'm new to this game. Any insight appreciated on getting to best price. Have contacted several dealerships via email...
  • stixpixxstixpixx Member Posts: 17
    I finally purchased my new M35 with Tech/Journey at Tustin Infiniti on June 30. Sales manager was great. With the help of Car_Man in the Leasing forum, I walked in, they had the car I wanted, worked with salesman and sales manager, told him what I was looking to pay and what leasing numbers I expected. The deal took 2 minutes to get done. Got $2700 off MSRP of 49910. Paying $607.00 a month plus tax with $1637 drive offs on a 39 month 15K miles. Thanks to all, these forums have been invaluable in acquiring my new M.
  • fsmwsfsmws Member Posts: 4
    What was the selling price? I'm looking at a M35x Black with same package. 2k over invoice.
    I just bought a black M35x with journey/aero/XM for $1350 over invoice. Could have gotten $1200 over invoice at another dealer but I got a better deal on my trade. End of month clearly gives more leverage. In the words of one dealer, $1200 over invoice at the beginning of the month sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't fly.

Good luck!
  • fsmwsfsmws Member Posts: 4
    which dealers?
  • elernerelerner Member Posts: 2
    Babydoc,

That is a good deal - I live in New York, and just leased my wife an M35x with nav/ journey/ winter mats for $600 / month - 39 month, 10k per year - paid the taxes up front. Keep in mind that NY is more expensive than every other state because of the extra $5-600 that all companies charge because of frivolous lawsuits from a few years ago where someone sued the leasing company in addition to the driver to make a fat payday (approx 45 million dollars). isn't it great to be a new yorker? :)
  • elernerelerner Member Posts: 2
    You are much better off calling a few dealers and having them entice you to come in over the phone. I negotiate most of my deals before i walk in the door because they have to entice you to go to their dealership! You also may want to go to the dealership at the end of the month and in the rain (since it rains practically every day in S Florida). They will want to give away the farm hopefully! Good luck
    Duane-Salerno in New Jersey was $1200 over, Infinity of West Chester in Souteastern PA was $1350 over, but would have done $1200 for a car on the lot.
  • sangonesangone Member Posts: 15
    Based on your number, using a residual of about 58%, I would say your MF came out around .28 which is about 6.7%. Seems high but it's water under bridge now. If you're happy, it's worth it. Enjoy the ride.
  • sangonesangone Member Posts: 15
    Anyone with good results on a lease for an M45 Sport? What kind of deal are you getting relative to MSRP? What about money factor? Also, does the money factor go down when you put more money down? Are the Infiniti dealerships using Infiniti Financing and if so, what mf rate are they quoting?

From a local dealership, I've been quoted money factor of .19 over 39 months with a residual of 60% based on 15K/year. I think the money factor may be a bit high. I know I will need to negotiate price below MSRP but wanted to be realistic based on transactions here in Southern California.
  • David EhrlichmanDavid Ehrlichman Member Posts: 47
    Infiniti of Massapequa
  • sjcbillsjcbill Member Posts: 82
    I picked up my M35 on Wednesday from Infiniti of Marin. They were great to deal with.

My report card so far:
    Fit and finish - excellent
    Dealer prep - excellent - tire pressure was right, car was spotless, front license bracket installed (they asked first), gas tank full.
    Dealer training - very good
    Defects or problems - none so far

The deal: M35, diamond graphite/graphite, journey, tech with Sirius, trunk mat,
    Dealer: $43,519
    List: $47,740
    Price before tax and license: $44,519
    This dealer installs wheel locks on every car for free.
  • babydocbabydoc Member Posts: 20
    Thanks elerner and david2u
    The M35X we were looking at has the journey package and the trunk mat. I guess that's a fair deal, though not great, given that David2U has a cheaper lease. We live in Missouri, and unfortunately there aren't that many Infiniti dealers around. I know that the July lease numbers just came out- will have to check those out and make a decision.
    Thanks to all
  • mym35mym35 Member Posts: 2
    M35 MSRP 40,700 I PUT 2800 DOWN (INCLUDED FIRST PYMT AND TAX) 15K FOR 42 MONTHS AND AT 599 A MONTH. IS THAT A GOOD DEAL OR NOT. IF SO IS THERE A WAY I CAN CANCEL THE LEASE PURCHASE
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    First, please turn off your CAPS LOCK. It makes your messages hard to read. You might want to ask your questions in our discussion called Lease Questions - Ask Here, but in any case you need to post more details - you gave us MSRP, but did you negotiate a lower price? What was your money factor?

One thing you definitely did correctly was to NOT put down a lot of money on the lease. It sounds like it was all 1st payment + sales tax, which is good. In answer to your final question, if you've driven the vehicle off the lot, you likely cannot cancel the lease.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• newtoy1newtoy1 Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone give me the residual % and money factor for an M35 Sedan (not sport or AWD)? Looking at 39 month 15/K term. I need to validate the deal on my incoming car that I intended to buy, but now am considering a lease. What kind of lease deals are folks signing with the new July rates? Detail would be appreciated, don't want the dealer to inflate the money factor, current quote .00223.

Thanks
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    Now that the car(s) have been on the market a few months I interested in the deals folks are getting. I'm interested in buying a M35x in Philadelphia area... any dealer advice would also be appreciated... thanks and regards to all.
  • asmets41asmets41 Member Posts: 2
    Willow Grove, paid $2000 over invoice on ordered car. M35x with journey package. Would have done $1000 on car in lot, but I didn't want color.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Edmunds has a specific forum for lease questions. The moderator can provided the requested info - just post it and wait.
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    Does anyone believe that the employee discounts offerred on domestic cars is starting to effect Infiniti and other foreign car makers.... It would be nice to nice before I begin my negotiations with Infiniti.,thanks.
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    I doubt it. Some people may cross shop the M with the STS (I did after the discount started), but I can't think of many cars that fall under the discount that compete with the M.

I'd think that if Infiniti were concerned about the competition with the discounters, they wouldn't have just raised the MSRP by $540.
    Great deal! If you don't mind my asking, what was your residual on the 39-month lease? I am getting quoted similar numbers in Atlanta for the same car MINUS the Tech package!! Hoping to do something by month's end. Thanks in advance.
  • artsrt10artsrt10 Member Posts: 13
    Anyone lease an m35-x in NY? Trying to get an idea how what a "good" deal would be w/ only first month down.

Thanks!
  • tcampos22tcampos22 Member Posts: 2
    I just got my M35 Sport this weekend. Traded in the G35 (will miss this car). It was listed @ 48,160, but I got it for 46,160 @ 4.9% for 60 months. Not bad. I got everything on it that I wanted except for the aero body kit, can that be purchased and installed on a M thats has already been bought and driven off the lot? Can the dealer install it? If they can't do the whole aero kit, do you think that they could install at least the spoiler? I know, I know, I should have just ordered one with everything that I wanted, I just didn't feel like waiting.

Thanks in advance.

(Going to get my windows tinted this weekend!)
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    I presently own a 04 G35 Coupe that I wish to trade in for a 06 M35 Ivory/graphite/Journey/Nav. Basically the two dealerships I went to don't want to budge. One is pretty set on MSRP but I have not tried to negotiate as of yet. The other one dropped a "big $700" off MSRP and quoted without seeing my trade with 11k on the clock....$27,000. (04 Coupe Auto/Premium 11K miles) They do not have my car is stock which I know hurts my negotiations but told me they can look for one.To make matters worse they charge $695 Prep charge! I believe this to be a pretty crappy deal compared to what I've heard on this forum. Does anyone know of any dealers in the Florida area that are discounting on M35s???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • shaft1789shaft1789 Member Posts: 3
    Try the Infinity dealership in Melbourne, FL. Recently (3-4 months ago), I was considering a M35 and they were willing to deal once they knew I was capable of purchase. Decided to wait, but nevertheless they were dealing.
  • rstennettrstennett Member Posts: 1
    I drove the m35 sport and loved it. the dealer made me an offer of 51,000 with journey, teck package.So i passed because the price was to high for me. I didnt drive the regular m35- is their a big diffrence in ride/ cost? Its getting close to the end of the month and the sales guy called me saying to come in for a better price. I think im going to wait till the last day of the month and ask for a price. Whats a good price to ask for the m35 (silver/burbon ) sport with jurny/tech package?

first post: south florida location.
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    From what I am hearing from this and other forums.. anywhere from $700-$1500 over invoice. These cars are marked up around $3500. And of course if you even bought the car below invoice..... they always get the "hold back".. Bottom line is.. be educated with the costs and stand firm...the dealership will always be making money regardless of your low offer.. If you are not happy.. go somewhere else. I have searched 3 dealerships for my M35... and I have done it in two days from a small $700 discount to $1500 and possibly a $2000 for a ORDERED CAR! (not in stock) it takes time and effort.... don't take their B.S.
  • tcampos22tcampos22 Member Posts: 2
    bocatrip is right, they are full of BS and stand firm. I got $2K off just by acting like I was going to leave and by saying I need to time to think, for like 2 hours, it was a test of patience. I didn't have the easy option of going to another dealer, there is only 1 in my area the the closest one after that is about 2 hours away, but I would have went there if I had to.

There is about $3K diff between sport and non-sport. You should be able to negotiate $2K off of there sticker price.
  • longhorn4longhorn4 Member Posts: 9
    I am considering doing VPP on a new M35 Sport, Journey, Sirius and need some help. These are the details of the offer I've gotten:

MSRP: $45,290 (+ sat. radio installed at dealer)
    VPP Price: $42,673 + tax (6.25%)
    TTL + other fees: $709.55

For 39 mos/15K--nothing down except 1st month's payment: $714/mo
    For 42 mos/15K--nothing down except 1st month's payment: $704/mo

This just seems high compared to what I've seen on this board. Any thoughts? Am I missing something? Another poster got a monthly payment of $607/mo on a car with a selling price of $47,210 with only $1,637 down. That's more than a $100/mo less on a car that's priced $5K more than the one I'm considering.

Thanks for all help.
  • dxcoquidxcoqui Member Posts: 25
    I am guessing they are sticking it to you with the money factor. Do you know what is it?? Your payment should be close to $607 including tax and about $571 with taxes up front. This numbers are with CarMan MF of .00211 which is about 5.06% interest.
  • tiger93tiger93 Member Posts: 57
    I am guessing they are sticking it to you with the money factor. Do you know what is it?? Your payment should be close to $607 including tax and about $571 with taxes up front. This numbers are with CarMan MF of .00211 which is about 5.06% interest.

Yeah, I agree.....I'm betting that's exactly what they're doing. Get the MF and Residual from the salesperson you're working with. Looks like the dealer is taking your rightfully obtained discount from Nissan/Infiniti and putting it in his own pocket. Definately go for full disclosure from him so you can tell if/where he's milking the deal.
    I'm in Atlanta and just test drove the same vehicle yesterday. For 39 mos./15K miles, the residual on the M35 luxury is 62%. My MF quote was .00225.
    No problem bp714. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti M35X through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease money factor and residual value should be .00211 and 61%, respectively. As you can see, the July program for this car is fairly similar to the June program. The only difference is that its residual value dropped a point this month, which generally tends to happen as the model year progresses. If you can still use the June program, it is to your advantage to do so. It is difficult to say what Infiniti's August lease program for this car will be like, but I suspect that it will be fairly similar to the July program.

This quote is from Car_man in the leasing topic board a couple of days ago and it's for a M35X, but it's in the ballpark of your quote in Atlanta even though it's for the AWD version.
  • longhorn4longhorn4 Member Posts: 9
    Like jginatl, I now have a MF of .00225 (this after negotiating somewhat). Not bad, I guess, but not base either.

Thanks for all of the comments. They were very helpful.
  • mabenmaben Member Posts: 9
    Here's the deal: went comparison shopping to an Infiniti dealer out in Chantilly, VA (I live near DC) and saw a base M35 that I liked. Price was $40,790. Didn't like the exterior color plus there are lots of other dealers nearby so I said I wanted to lease it for 3 years at 12K miles, with 0 down. At first, they said they could get the car I wanted in black, but they would have to ship (total BS btw, I can check dealer inventories by the web and I know EVERYTHING they have) it for an additional $1300. Long story short, they said I could have the other base M for the color I wanted for $594.00 a month. I had told them that $550 a month was all I was going to spend. They said they would let me have the one on the lot I didn't want for $549.50 a month. What do y'all think? My wife thinks I'm nuts but I know I can find the right color combination one for the same price elsewhere. Am I being stubborn?
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    I say walk. Don't sound like such a great deal to me.
    For me, getting the color car I like (black) is VERY important. A zero cap cost lease payment of $550 is definately a solid offer on this car right now and since they have it on the table for the less desireable car, they should do it for the black car. At the same time, I do recognize the fact that the dealer would incur some additional costs in going to get the black one....I might tell him I'll take the black one for $550/month and I'll pay him $150 for his costs to go get it, otherwise I'm out the door to shop his competition. I might also wait to reply until next Thursday or Friday to catch them at the very end of the month. ;)
  • 702702 Member Posts: 5
    I am going to attempt to purchase a new M 45 sport this week, I am thinking of only paying $1200 over invoice. I currently reside in Nevada, only one Infiniti dealer here and they are pretty tight. I would like to get some feedback regarding any deals that members have gotten, that would be close to my figure. I then could show this dealership that my offer would not be outrageous.

Thanks
    A lot of the posts in this topic seem to be from people who bought the M35 but there is evidence that, at least on that model, it can be had for $1,200 - $2,000 above invoice. I would think M35 purchase prices would somewhat mirror M45 prices unless there's a significant difference in supply/demand between the two cars.

Perhaps you've already read the old posts and have seen these, but if not....see posts #28, #30, #32, #39, #54, #65, #69, #73
This discussion has been closed.