Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• alexk4alexk4 Member Posts: 27
    Yes, it sounds like you have a problem. If you haven't read some of the postings on this site, start reading! If you have any leaks, even if you don't see water, the leaks get into your engine or electrical system and short it out. And then you car won't start. Has this happened when it rains? If it has, its definitely the same problem everyone else is having. I never heard of changing gas types, but GM, of course, is grasping at straws. Try a different service dept and see what they say the next time it happens. Keep copies of your service and go online and search for lemon law law firms in your state. You may have a case. Good luck!
  • knbrattlieknbrattlie Member Posts: 4
    I opted to go with the entertainment system/dvd in my Acadia instead of the sunroof. That sounds like it was the right choice by what I am reading. Although, the dvd player/screen doesn't work all the time. Very frustrating to a 3 year old in the middle of his movie on a long trip :)
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Radtechmama,
    I apologize that your Acadia is having concerns. Can you please email me at socialmedia@gm.com, so I can look at your situation further? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Hello lemonowner08,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I sincerely apologize that you have had issues with your vehicle. It does look like the dealership is trying to resolve your issues. If you have any further concerns after your vehicle has been repaired please let me know. Thank you,
  • scotty2359scotty2359 Member Posts: 2
    I have an issue with my power steering. At low speeds the entire steering wheel locks up. The dealership said I need a new power steering rack. The entire job is over a thousand dollars and of course now I am out of my warranty and it is not covered. Is anyone else have this problem? I would like to get them to initiate a recall. I also have a lemon law case for a starting problem that I had since day 1 which they are unable to fix. Also when it rains real hard I get water leaking through the side molding.
    Hello Scotty2359,
    I am from GM Customer Service. Can you please email me with more information about your vehicle situation, so I can look into it further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • radtechmamaradtechmama Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    My Acadia was towed on April 26, 2010 and today April 28 the service department told me they "fixed it", It was the fuel pump. They replaced it and said I am good to go. Ha ha I wonder how long this time I can "go". I can't understand how a new car can have a fuel pump go bad. Can someone please enlighten me on this and should I feel confident that was what the problem was? Please tell me your thoughts because I have to pickup my vehicle tomorrow. Thanks for all the posts, I have really learned a lot.
    By the way, my Acadia is a 2008, has 20,000 miles and was purchased on August 1, 2008. It has been in the service department 5 times and towed twice.
  • radtechmamaradtechmama Member Posts: 4
    Scotty, when you say you have had a starting problem since day one, could you eloborate as to what your Acadia does. I am curious b/c my Acadia may sit for a couple of days and then will chug or acts like the starter hangs when I start it. You will notice on my post that I had to have my Acadia towed and would love the info for my records.
  • scotty2359scotty2359 Member Posts: 2
    The starting problem has a been a dead battery everytime. I had GM road side service come out numerous times to jump start me. I had it towed to the dealer twice so they could catch it in the act. Because after I get it started with jumper cables I go to the dealer and they can't find anything wrong. Even when it was there dead they had car for 3 days and also could find nothing wrong.
  • lemonowner08lemonowner08 Member Posts: 36
    After fighting for 2+ years, I traded for a Murano. The Acadia needs come serious re-engineering! Might I suggest hiring a Japanese engineer? I have to say that GM got really responsive in the end, like when I was signing papers to trade! A little too little a little too late. Haven't driven my Murano very far yet, but it is a DREAM. I just couldn't deal with leaking anymore. None of the rivets used to put the sun/moonroof were sealed! It came from the factory with no sealing! So glad the Acadia is gone! :)
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    How does the 3rd row leg room compare in the Murano? :P

Disclosure: I own both an Acadia and Murano and really like them both. They are apples and oranges - Acadia is much larger 7/8 passenger.

Of course, I didn't get the sunroof in my Acadia so I haven't had the pleasure of being nervous every time it clouds up outside....
    Well, since you have both, you know the Murano doesn't offer a 3rd row, however it does offer plenty of leg room in the rear seats. It comfortably seats 5 and the rear seats recline. My Acadia was a 7 passenger vehicle. If you want an SUV that is easy to enter and exit both from the front and rear seating and don't have needs to seat 7-8 people, then I would highly recommend the Murano over the Acadia. But, since this forum is designated to the problems with the Acadia, I won't go on and on about how much better I think the Murano is compared to the Acadia. The Acadia would be great if the defects in design were fixed, not just sunroof/moonroof, but engine, etc. It performed beautifully in snow and ice. There were just too many problems! I am happy with my decision to purchase a Murano. :)
  • derekrowe01derekrowe01 Member Posts: 6
    Lets start from the beginning....
    We purchased our '09 Acadia March 9th 2009

Two weeks after we got the car, I parked in the driveway. I left the keys in the ignition... not a big deal. As i was walking to the house, the Acadia beeped.. it locked itself, keys and all.

On December 31 we went to leave our house after the car had set for about 3 days. It was DEAD. nothing.. not even a glow of a dome light. We jump it and took it to the dealer the next day. No problem found

It died again on January 21 and we jumped it.. we didn't take it to the dealer simply cause they didnt find anything the time before.

We went to leave our house again on February 22 and it was DEAD. Once again it had been sitting for 3 days prior. We had it towed to the dealer while still dead. They had it for a week as we drove a little base model Vibe. The found NOTHING!

NOW FOR THE GOOD PART:
    I was running into town last night (a 5 mile trip). I got on the on ramp for the highway. I got about 3/4 down the ramp and BOOM! In my rear view mirror all i could see was parts flying, oil, and smoke. Oh ya defiantly threw a rod through the side of the engine!
    edited May 2010
    Holy Crap...makes me even more glad I didn't trade for a newer Acadia! Those cars are bad! GM should be hanging their heads in shame. :blush: Well, sounds like you got a lemon :lemon: and I hope the lemon laws in your state are better than the ones in mine! Good Luck. Go foreign...never thought I would be saying that! :)
  • cherryacadiacherryacadia Member Posts: 1
    Just thought I would post a BIG concern I have with a manufactor defect that GM is aware of however, they have chosen not to place a recall on. I have brought my Acadia in three times now to repair the total loss of power steering I have while driving my Acadia in wet weather. The first repair, I was told that there was air in my P/S lines and flushing the lines would resolve the issue. Second repair, GM dealership admitted that they had a "soft" recall on this issue because the undercarriage fender left the P/S exposed to water which would cause the belt to slip thus losing P/S. I was told that there was no recall because they would just handle it only if the vehicle owner noticed the problem. The fender was replaced. Third repair, still losing P/S during wet weather. Belt was replaced from smooth to ridged to help with traction. Still having issues.

I filed a complaint with BBB, GM contacted me and informed me that BBB was closing the case because my vehicle exceeds the age requirements?

My question is...how is it possible that they can force Toyota to fix a brake issue but overlook a just as dangerous defect in the Acadia?

I plea with any of you out there having the same issues to please contact BBB Autoline and file a complaint. This may make them take notice that driver safety needs to be taken seriously regardless of the "age requirements".

Thanks
  • akolendaakolenda Member Posts: 1
    My daughter bought a 2009 Acadia in Dec. 09 for 35k cash with the money her dad left after his passing. He always wanted her and her 6yr old daughter to have a reliable vehicle. So when he passed away and left her some money she bought her brand new Acadia to give him some peace. Well it has been nothing but a nightmare the last 6months. First the headlight went out about 6months after she bought it. They replaced it no problem. Then the check engine light came on and Onstar called and gave her a code and said it has to do with the engine. She took it to the dealer with an estimated 23,000 miles. After a week in the shop they said it is the cadalic converter and supposedly changed it. Finally get the it back and she drove it for about 2 weeks when the RPM's would start revving at speeds of 60 to 65 and the check engine light was back on. It felt very sluggish and didn't seem to be shifting gears right. Took it back to the dealer and this time they kept her car for 64 days. Said it was the heads and cam shaft. When she finally got it back they said they had to have GM make the new parts and the wait was due to the fact she is getting the 2010 version of the heads and cam shaft. Picked up her vehicle and drove off the lot to have the check engine light come on. She made the u-turn and went back to the dealership who told her it was running on 4 cylinders not 6 and replaced a spark plug. Two weeks later check engine light again. Took it back and they said there is sludge in the oil caused from her not changing the oil enough...WOW...Flushed the engine with cleaner changed the oil and she picked it up. 1 week later check engine light...It is now at the dealership with them trying to blame her for not changing her oil. Have the receipts...Sick and tired of dealing with this vehicle. This is our 4th service manager in 6months and he is saying they MIGHT replace the whole motor. Do any of you know if the Lemon Law would apply since they kept her car for 64 consecutive days?
    Frustrated and would never recommend this vehicle. Hope GM takes responsibility for this issue.
    You or your daughter should Google lemon lawyers in your state. All states have different laws. I am in NJ and our law says if you've had the problem once in the first year and then have had the same problem twice again (or more in my situatuion), you have grounds for litigation. This is a slow process and it sounds like she needs to "dump" it quick. Unfortunately, with so many problems she will have a hard time trying to sell it. See what the attorney says. The lemon lawyers here don't have a fee--that's part of the settlement. Tell her to keep up the fight and make sure she's getting a replacement car each time her car's in the shop. And also besides keeping service receipts, tell her to keep a log of exactly everything that transpires from the time of the problem till the time she picks the car back up from the service department. Good luck!
  • rbellcparbellcpa Member Posts: 9
    I have the identical problem with my 2007 Acadia. I don't believe GM is going to do anything and the dealership I have used doesn't act like it cares.
  • nmydstnmydst Member Posts: 30
    :) Update: GM sent a technician to work on my car and he himself could not duplicate the problem. They did find multiple grounds in the wiring under my car though. Since my loss of power has happened so many times to me and has happened to them while driving it, it hasn't been an issue with proving it to them. It's been an issue of trying to figure out what is causing it. My car has been at the dealership for a month now. Our service manager had started contacting GM Corp to make some noise about how serious our situation is and that he would not allow anyone to get back into that car. That sent red flags all the way up the chain and yesterday a GM rep asked to meet with my husband and I. He said that they were not sure if fixing the grounds would fix the loss of power problem we were having, but the only way to know for sure is for the car to be driven awhile and that the tech they flew in can't stay to do this. We told them that we were not comfortable getting back into that car if they could not 100% guarantee us that it is fixed and that they have gutted my car so many times over the last 2 months that they also can't 100% guarantee that, that would not cause future problems or the car would ever be the same again. The rep said fine we understand your concerns so GM is willing to do a "Buyback" with you MSRP of the new car we pick out to the MSRP of our current car. I won't go into all the "extras" that were thrown in there for good faith, but what I will say is that what they have offered to do for us will help out in the end finaically. Yes we do have to pick a new car out, however they did not tie us down to what was on that lot. Our car is coming from 2000 miles away because I would not budge on what color/trim and options I wanted. With what they are doing to help us out we went from a 2009 SLT-1 to a 2010 SLT-2. Now the papers will not be finalized for 2 more weeks so yes anything can happen, I've learned that lesson. I would like to say that our situation is unique in the way that our dealership was the one to start the contact with GM and we have had a good relationship with our dealership since the day we stepped on the lot. If it didn't go so smoothly we would've contacted an attorney. I'll keep you updated on how the process is going
    Hello Akolenda,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize for the concerns you are experiencing with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information about your concerns on your vehicle so I can look into the situation further? You can access my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Hello Rbellcpa,
    I am from GM Customer Service. Can you please email me more information regarding the concern on your vehicle, so I can look into it further. Thank you,
  • geedocgeedoc Member Posts: 1
    I am having a similar problem with my 2008 GMC Acadia, the dealership and GM. My check engine light came on and we took the car to the dealership from which we bought it. We were told that there was sludge in the engine which was a result of the oil not being changed. We were told to produce the receipts. Once we produced the receipts we were then told that because the oil change place didn't "print" the receipt then they would only cover part of the repair costs! They only trust receipts from their dealerships? This was after my husband told someone from GM that "we" the citizens of this country bailed out GM and they can't do anything for "us". Well $3000 is still a lot of money for us to try to pay. This is not my first GM but it very well may be my last!!!
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Geedoc,

Did you happen to subscribe to OnStar and their Vehicle Diagnostics? I have kept the basic On Star on both my '04 Envoy and '08 Outlook. These reports based on data gathered via On Star show both a mileage history and an oil life monitor monthly report. If you have receipts from an 'oil change place' and reports on the vehicle Oil Life Monitor that indicate you have not exceeded the calculated oil life, I don't see how they could hold you responsible. Also, the only way they can require you to use the dealer for required services is to provide that free. Otherwise, you can use other providers. It sounds as if you either need to enter a case with GM and if that does not work, then a letter from a lawyer might get some action.

Bill
    Hello Geedoc,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information on your situation so I can look into it further? You can access my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • sbaker2163sbaker2163 Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I bought a new Acadia in May 2009. We took it in a few days after buying it to get some small specs taking care of and was given a replacement 2009 acadia for the night. Immediately after driving off the lot in the different Acadia I could tell a huge difference. Our Acadia we bought shifted rough and around 60-65 mph with 1600 to 2000 rpm it would start jerking back and forth. I made a comment to the dealership and they said they checked it before giving it back and everything was ok. Then the problem kept getting worse but I didn't have a chance to get it back in tell March. They asked me to duplicate the problem but I had no luck. Now I am taking back in this month(may) because I cant drive down the street without it doing. I spent $42,000 on a new car and it is more junk then my 2003 saturn that I was originally wanting to replace. The other problem is that the premium surround sound from bose speakers have real bad feedback but was told they didn't know how to get rid of it and it is now kinda my problem because there is no way to issolate it. This will be my last GM product I buy. I am in indiana and after 1 more visit for the engine if its not corrected then I will have a lemon case set. Is there more cases out there where the engine is shifting hard and jerking around to much in a cruise setting.
    Hello Sbaker2163,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you have been experiencing concerns with your vehicle. Can you please email me with more information so I can look into the situation further? You can access my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • derekrowe01derekrowe01 Member Posts: 6
    Nothing makes me more upset than the Gm Service. I am more upset with them that I am my Acadia...which turns out does not impress me at all! This was me and my wifes first BRAND NEW car and even though I was skeptical about buying a brand new vehicle, we figured this would be the safest thing to do for our new family.
    Sounds like me and the rest of the world has some major issues with this vehicle and all we can get is a blank stare from the dealership and a worthless email address for a "gm rep" that really cant give us any answers!
    I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER GM PRODUCT!!! pitiful.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Have you tried contacting Mariah?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Hello Derekrowe01,
    I contacted you on May 4th and haven't heard back from you since. If you click on my name it shows my email address. I would like to assist you further but, I need you to email me so I can get more information from you. Thank you,
  • jb1218jb1218 Member Posts: 1
    I have had one problem after another with my damn Acadia. The most major ones have been the leaking from the sunroof. There has been a smell ever since it and when it rains forget it. The chair jerks when I brake or accelerate when I brought it to the service center they said oh thats normal. I've had other people drive the car as well and they notice it. I will never but GM again
  • beutlerdbeutlerd Member Posts: 8
    My 2008 acadia is in for the third time after finding my passenger floorboard soaked again and if you count the time they were supposed to check all the water issues after the recall was issued, this is the 4th time i have had to deal with the water issue. The first two times the drain tube had disconnected, this time there is a broken nipple on the housing that surrounds the sunroof. I was told the replacement part had a hold on it from GM and my dealer had to send in digital pictures to the engineers who are still trying to figure out the water leaks before my dealer could get the part. I love the car, but would avoid a sunroof on any year of this vehicle.

So far no electrical damage, but that will probably be next, thankfully only 6 months left on the lease.
  • tuffsubjecttuffsubject Member Posts: 20
    @jb1218, my driver's seat jerked on braking and acceleration and the dealer had the seat tracks replaced. That solved the problem, but I suspect unless the design has changed, it will occur again. My replacement was at 35K miles. You can also confirm the seat track problem by moving the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. As it hits the bad spots, you'll feel a little jerk/hesitation. Seems more like a cog or gear that engages with the seat tracks. Maybe they replaced both -- I don't really know.
    Hello Jb1218,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you are experiencing problems with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information about your situation so I can look into it further? You can find my email address by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Cusotmer Service
    Hello Beutlerd,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you are experiencing a concern on your vehicle. Can you please keep me posted as to how it goes with the dealership? Thank you,
    Mariah,

the service has been prety good at keeping me informed of what has been going on, but I have asked twice to have a sales manager call me to discuss options about ending my lease early and rolling into a new acadia. So far no calls from sales (I dropped the car off Monday morning before the sales group was open and it is now Friday afternoon). The car is now ready to be picked up and I plan to ask for a sales manager when I go to pick up the vehicle later today. I am within 6 months of the lease end, is GM doing anything as far as lease pull aheads etc that you can make me aware of before I go this afternoon?
    Hello Beutlerd,
    I apologize but at this time we don't have any lease pull ahead’s. So any options are going to have to be discussed with your dealership. I know incentives and programs change often so you can always check back with me. Thank you,
    Beutlerd,

Run, don't walk to another car dealership (not GM). Read these posts! Why would you want another Acadia? With my situration, I tried getting out of my lease when I started having problems with my Acadia and my dealership and GM had deaf ears. Owners with these cars are still having problems even with newer models. You're lucky you only have 6 months left on your lease. There are too many good cars our there to stay with GM!
    Mariah,
    Of course you don't have any lease pull-aheads--you do nothing for your customers--and I truly mean NOTHING! The news has been inundated with news about TOYOTA, but what about GM? You people won't even be forthright and say there's problems with these pieces of garbage that we bought/leased and all you do is ask people to contact you? For what purpose? What do you do for them? Do these posts go to anyone besides you? Do GM executives see how many people are pretty much at your mercy because they have no choice in getting out of a lease or purchase? Why can't GM admit their mistakes and discontinue manufacturing this piece of garbage--I can't even call it a car. My blood boils every time I hear a commercial on the radio that advertises the Acadia and compares it to an Audi! Not even close!
    well alexk4, I will be running to a new dealer/brand as you suggest and as I was likely already headed in that direction, but I mostly wanted to see if GM or the dealer would do anything for me based on my problems and I confirmed what I suspected. when I got home with the car, the map light console was not properly reinstalled so I had to fix that my self. The conversation with sales was interesting, of course they could help me out, yeah right if I wanted to pay $1100 - $1600 to get out of a lease that has six months on it. What are they thinking, it was insulting to me that they tried to do this and on top of that, they tried to hide the fact that they were doing it.

I will be testing many vehicles over the summer and none will be a GM product.
  • smg9smg9 Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased a 2010 Acadia and have been stranded twice since owning it. This vehicle is 2 months old with 1500 miles on it. I brought it to the dealership last week to fix the problem, they said it was fixed, traveled appx 60 miles out of town this past weekend and had to get the vehicle towed in for the second time in a week.

Everything electronically stops working on the vehicle. First the dash lights went out, AC went off, power locks and windows stopped working and last but not least the brake lights and blinkers stop working. Once the vehicle is put in park it is locked there and cannot be put back into gear. THIS IS BECOMING A SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUED. It is at the dealership where it was purchased and needless to say they can't find anything wrong with it because it is now not doing the things it did over the weekend. My wife is now terrified to drive this vehicle for her safety and the safety of my two children. Needless to say, if this vehicle leaves us stranded once again I will have my lawyer contacting the dealership for me. This is unacceptable to be having problems with a brand new vehicle and now having a wife who is scared to drive her vehicle.
  • nmydstnmydst Member Posts: 30
    go back and read my posts it sounds similiar to some of the problems I was having with my new Acadia, but rest assured without getting lawyers involved the dealership is doing a buyback with us.
    Hello Alexk4,
    I apologize that you have issues with your vehicle. However, lease pull ahead’s are not something I can just give out. Incentives and pull ahead’s may change next month but, it something we don’t have the information on until the day of the change. You do have the option to talk to your dealership about getting out of your lease. To answer your question further what I do is assist customers with any recall, product and incentive questions. In addition to that, I document customer concerns and escalate any issues to our agents. All of which are documented and reviewed by several people at GM. All of our customer concerns are taken very seriously. There are several options to contact GM by, and I am one of those options. By the sounds of your previous post you are in the litigation process, in which case that has to be handled by your agent you were assigned. However, if you are not I would be glad to look into your situation for you, if you would like to email me more information about your concerns. You can see my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Hello Smg9,
    I am from GM Customer Service. During the weekend when you were experiencing the concerns, did your vehicle throw up any codes on the DIC? Can you please email me more information about your situation so I can look into it further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • rocket_08rocket_08 Member Posts: 10
    Hi SMG9

PLEASE READ my post #601 and other posts mentioned therein
    to fix your Power Loss problem.. It may be the same situation as I had when
    I first got my 2008 Acadia.. the 601 post is reproduced here:

--------------------
    Replying to: nmydst (Mar 12, 2010 7:06 pm)

Yes, yes, this is the same problem I had when I first got my 2008 Acadia in
    Nov 2007. PLEASE READ my posts in this forum, # 102, 114, 188, and 491.
    My Acadia stopped in the middle of traffic.. these posts tell what happened.

I had a great dealership at the time which found the Fuse Block problem
    which was that the "positive cable into the fuse block" was loose and not connected
    properly, identical to your Acadia problem. It looks like it is common to other
    Acadias, too. So everyone that has had a engine shutoff problem: it could be this
    fuse block connection !

Ask your mechanic to fix this. This was fixed on my Acadia back in Dec 2007
    and the problem has not happened again....(knock wood). My Acadia has been
    fine ever since... as a result, I do enjoy the car now alot.... even the "vibrating pedal"
    problem went away and now the car is nearly flawless...

One odd thing that happened recently occurred because my tires
    were WAY under-inflated (30 psi); so my Stabilitrak was giving me all kinds of error messages when I started the car.
    I read the car handbook which explained this, then I inflated the tires to
    the proper 35 psi and have had no problems since...

--------------------------

:)
    There were no codes that came up. My wife contacted Onstar and they ran a diagnostic test and got no messages. This is a serious issue. Driving without brake lights or blinkers is a major safety concern. Main issue being that my wife feels she nor my children are not safe driving/riding in a new vehicle. This vehicle is at Barker GMC in Houma Louisiana. Service is driving this vehicle all over trying to find the problem running up mileage on my new vehicle. My wife does not want this vehicle back and wants GMC to buy back this vehicle and put us in a new one.
  • nbaumgardnernbaumgardner Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    Ladies and gentlemen, I have been reading your posts since I have posted my concerns about the Acadia we bought on Dec 24, 2009. Short But Sweet--We had our Acadia no longer than 800 miles and we were experiencing problems with having just under a 1/4 tank of gas and it not starting on our hill we live on. This occurred 7 times and we took it to the dealership. THEY DID NOTHING OR WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. I contacted GM through FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and their website with my concerns and complaints. 24 hours later I had 4 people email and another 24 hours later a GM consultant that lives in my area contact me by phone. He drove by my house examined the car and its position, tested it at the dealership with the service manager, and duplicated the problem not once, not twice, but 10 times. They kept the Acadia for 8 weeks and couldn't fix it. I warned I would take it further to get something fixed and mentioned an upgrade. Well, now I am riding in a brand new Chevy Tahoe LS and only needed to add an additional $1800 to upgrade. They did a substitution of collateral and now I am back to being satisfied for now. Point is the squeaky wheel needs to be oiled sooner or later. BE THAT SQUEAKY WHEEL!!! Go facebook and twitter and someone will see your story sooner than later. ;)
    Thank you for your comment. Would you happened to have any contact numbers to GMC? I am having problems with the dealership and need to speak to someone that may want to help. I was told by the general manager that since they can duplicate exactly what happened this past weekend they don't know if they'll be sure if the truck will be fixed. I got into a shouting match with the general manager, was told "dude bring me back the truck" that I was loaned while my vehicle was in the shop. Was pretty much insulted for being concerned for my wife and childrens safety. I am expected to pick up this vehicle Friday not knowing if it's fixed or not and put my family back on the highway. I mentioned a buy back and the general manager said he could not do that. I asked what should I do if this vehicle leaves my family stranded again and my response from the general manager was "get it towed back into the shop". I wonder what GMC and the dealership would do if my brake lights and signal lights go out again and my family gets into an accident cause of it? This general manager is the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. I have a good reason to be upset, but he was raising his voice at me. I real good one there.
    Hello Nbaugmardner,
    Thank you for the shot out! :) Jared and I both work on Facebook, Twitter, as well as the forums. I told Jared that you gave us a shot out and wanted me to tell you thank you from him. Have a wonderful day! ;)
  • jallajalla Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I have the exact same problem with my 2008 Acadia. When I am in a parking lot, or making a turn from a stopped position, the steering locks up. I have already had a new steering frame put in, I've already had the steering fluid flushed, and they recently replaced a steering belt, but the problem remains. I'm going to bring the car in and go for a drive with the mechanic to make sure he feels what I'm feeling.
    Hello Jalla,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Can you please keep me informed on how it goes at the dealership? Thank you,